Topic: The Old Republic

So this was brought to my attention today:

http://www.swtor.com/

So there it is official. There will be another Star Wars game from our friends at Bioware. The Old Republic..... A MMO game.

Here's some real information:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/ … JvinWC.php

(at the time of posting this the official Star Wars site was down for maintenance)

I have never played a MMO before, and as this is still in the works it seems.... it will be some time before i get to...
I still think it looks great....

But only if there is an option to be Mando'ad.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: The Old Republic

Great find Si!  Already a member.  Is it a pay to play kind of thing?  I am hesitant to do stuff like that.  Already a member.  tongue

But I sincerely hope that Mandalorian will be an option.  If there isn't, I'm not even trying it.  And a Mandalorian must be able to takedown a Jedi.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Yeah I agree with the take down of Jedi. It can be done. And I too am a member, but the site was giving me some issues with logging in and posting. But that has time to resolve, and I am in no big rush.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING, WE WANT KOTOR 3!!!

In the description for the game on the site it says that Revan never returned. NO, they have just killed KOTOR.

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

revan07 wrote:

In the description for the game on the site it says that Revan never returned. NO, they have just killed KOTOR.

That was my first reaction.  But there still is hope for KotOR 3.  Somewhere...  I hope.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

why would they make an MMO, they already have a starwars MMO and its a fail.  give us KOTOR 3.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

I never finished KOTOR 1!!! I can't get passed that stupid water world. I get LOST!!!!!

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

8 (edited by Miba Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:04 pm)

I think this is a bad idea. I wanted KOTOR 3 not another stupid mmo. You'd think they would have learned from their failure at Galaxies.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

.....KOTOR 3 would have been fantastic. This MMO will probably end up as a disaster, but I'm still a member tongue

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

uh yeah this has been news for a few months now smile

Yes but now it is official that's all Im saying. I too wish it wasn't an MMO. But there seems to me that there is some cool plot stuff. I guess.

Kotor 3 would be awesome, but this takes place like 500 years after Kotor 2. And I hope Mandos will be able to kill Jedi as well, they probably will be because I'm guessing that "everyone" will want to be a Jedi, and so the relatively few Mando fans will be rewarded with a realistically powerful and skilled class. Or they could just take a dump on our heads and make Jedi all powerful and Mandos just average people with cool-looking armor.

I think this is LucasArts making up for Galaxies. With Bioware's expertise and SW experience., and Lucasarts having learned a lesson from their last MMO, this should be great!

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

What's MMO? All these letters are confusing me?

-Boba Fett-

ee-3 wrote:

What's MMO? All these letters are confusing me?

Its Mass Multiplayer Online game. I think...something like that.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

OHH O.K. Thanks Mandalore Hunter!!! big_smile

-Boba Fett-

It say on swtor.com that Revan never returned from unknown space. NOOOOO, they just killed the possibility of KOTOR 3 and Revan.

PLEASE LUCASARTS, IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CANCEL THE MMO.

Well, it's only official as long as George says so.

There is still hope, revan07. Though I highly doubt it. Somethings are better left off undisturbed.

Maybe GL thinks that bringing back Revan from the unknown reigions, and explaining what he was doing out there would 'ruin' Revans character, like he 'ruined' Boba Fett, by explaining where he came from and what he was...

Any thoughts on that?

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

I think he's thinking of money. Imagine we all go out and buy KOTOR3. Sure he gets 50 dollars per game, but what's that compared to 15 dollars a month for months and months and months. Adds up pretty quick. Plus we all have to buy the game to begin with.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

and revan07, there is still very much a possibility of a KotOR III. we would just follow Revan's journey into Unknown Space.

@Miba

You would think he would be concentrating on pleasing the fans more, because hes already one of the richest b*stered's on earth...Enless he's just burning all that money to keep his house warm.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

22 (edited by revan07 Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:13 pm)

But this claims Revan never returnes, what can they do with his character now.

Revan was my favorite character. But as he never returns from unknown space, what can they do now with his great charatcer.

As Fett II said some things are better left undisturbed. Well i would rather no KOTOR 3 and no MMO than MMO and no KOTOR 3.

As a HUGE fan of KOTOR I hate the MMO.

How about do KOTOR 3, Revan can return and finish the story of Revan, the Exile and the Sith in KOTOR 3 and then do an MMO without them and without the Sith armada. How can the Sith armada exist 300 years after their defeat at the Star Forge. Considering there were only remnants of the Sith armada in KOTOR 2.

23 (edited by Devil Girl Monday, November 17, 2008 3:33 pm)

Sev Fett wrote:
revan07 wrote:

That was my first reaction.  But there still is hope for KotOR 3.  Somewhere...  I hope.

That is what I thought as well.

I really hope that there will be a KOTOR III.

Revan has become one of my favorite characters as well. Though if Revan is in the third game it will not be as the main character. LOL though after playing KOTOR, I can't help but think of Revan as a woman big_smile

I think that I might get the MMO just to see what it is like. I used to really like playing MMO's and that was where I met Devil Boy (I met him through the game Dark age of Camelot) but I not longer have the time to play them and I have had enough of paying money each month to play a game.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

What I'm thinking is that they'll finish Revan/Exile's story in this game somewhere. Still, a poor excuse for, you know, playing the end of their story. Or they will just leave with that statement. I don't know about everyone else, but the reason I like the first two so much is the main character's storyline...

It'll be interesting to see what happens, although I doubt ill get it. Hate monthly fees, same here, not enough time and not really worth it.

Life is complex-It has both real and imaginary components.

Right now it's only for pc but i've heard talk about them putting on consoles then it would be alittle better but it's still not kotor 3 sad

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - Family is more than bloodline