Re: what if darth maul killed Obi-Wan

Karson Fett wrote:

And then there would be no BFFC!

What? No BFFC I would die. In the words of Darth Vader... NoooOOOoooOOOoooOoooOo!!!!  mad

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

lol, didn't take you very long to become a real die-hard fan of the site  big_smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

28 (edited by ee-3 Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:08 pm)

Are you kidd'n me!! I live on here. It's like 12:12 at night when I'm typing this!! big_smile

-Boba Fett-

29 (edited by ee-3 Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:13 am)

ee-3 wrote:

Are you kidd'n me!! I live on here. It's like 12:12 at night when I'm typing this!! big_smile

Still on! 12:14am next day big_smile!!!
Hey but why is "what if darth maul killed obi-wan" in the Bounty Hunter section? Just wonder'n no offence. smile

-Boba Fett-

hmmm... good question.  I probably would have posted it in Serious Geeking.

I guess it was close enough that the Mods didn't bother with it

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

I thought it would be in Rollplaying like alot of the versus things? big_smile

-Boba Fett-

No, no Roleplaying. I think this should be in Serious Geeking. As RD said.

[color=red]Fatality![/color]

Oh well... smile

-Boba Fett-

eh, either one.  It is sort of a versus situation like those posted in Role Playing, but the question and the answers are really much deeper then that, not a simple 'who would win' thread. 

But back on topic, I think the ramifications would be incredibly deep, and drastically change the course of the Star Wars universe.

This would be an excellent topic of an alternate history FanFic.

I'd like to make a fan movie.... BUT I CAAAAAANNNNN""""TTTTT mad

-Boba Fett-

36 (edited by Mandalore Hunter Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:42 am)

He means fan fiction. As in a book.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

Uhhhhhh...
    I have serious issues, I think my brain is mush... mad

-Boba Fett-

Ralin Drakus wrote:

eh, either one.  It is sort of a versus situation like those posted in Role Playing, but the question and the answers are really much deeper then that, not a simple 'who would win' thread. 

But back on topic, I think the ramifications would be incredibly deep, and drastically change the course of the Star Wars universe.

This would be an excellent topic of an alternate history FanFic.

Why don't you write one about it, ralin Drakus?

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Having studied the scene many times (well 11 and a half) I personally think that Qui-Gon let Darth Maul win in much the same way Obi-Wan let Darth Vader win in A New Hope.
If Qui-Gon had realised he would be able to live on through his spirit (which he duly did) the advantages in letting Maul win are numerous and being wise, it seems plausible that Qui-Gon would have realised them.

-Qui-Gon knew Obi-Wan had the potential to beat Maul and in doing so would prove he is a worthy Jedi, capable of both completing the trials and training Anakin afterwards.
-By dying, Qui-Gon became a martyr in that he died for the cause of Anakin. In death he convinced the Jedi Council to allow Anakin to be trained, which was Qui-Gon's greatest wish at time of death.
-He allowed Darth Maul into a false sense of security by dying so "easily" which meant he became more arrogant and therefore failed to noticed Obi-Wan reaching for Qui-Gon's lightsaber to kill Maul. Qui-Gon realised Maul would be easier to defeat if his views were clouded by arrogance.
-Obi-Wan learnt to clear his mind of emotions such as anger and rage after his master had died. This was a lesson Qui-Gon wanted Obi-Wan to learn, so he put Obi-Wan in a situation where it was essentially "Forget all the rage that you feel due to Qui-Gon dying, or you will die yourself"

Also, Qui-Gon does seem to pause before he is kicked and then killed.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...