Topic: Do you believe in God or evolution?

I believe in God.

What do you believe in?

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

God; all the way!

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

I try to belive in every religion, that way when my time comes, ill have all the bases covered wink

Both. I think that the seven days were not actual days, but extremely long periods of time, and since animals were created before people, we may have evolved from apes.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Land animals and humans were made in the same 'day'. The first animals made were of air and sea if you remember

―Boba Fett

This can be a very controversial topic. ( refer to the do you go to church thread) I also think it might be better if it was worded as "do you believe in creation or evolution" because I have met individuals that believe in God but think we got here by evolution.

Personally, I am in favor of creation.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Awesome Si! smile

―Boba Fett

I believe in God. I dont believe in evolution at all.

Carry on my wayward son!

Mandalore Hunter wrote:

Land animals and humans were made in the same 'day'. The first animals made were of air and sea if you remember

The first land animals could have been created at the beginnig of the 'day,' and man near the end.

I believe there's a God or some entity watching over us, but there's so much proof of evolution it's pretty hard to deny.

One thing I consider is that the Bible has been rewritten so many times that things could have been omitted or lost in translation. Plus the Catholic church was pretty corrupt in the distant past that I'm sure they changed things to suit them.

I think the Bible is a moral guide more than anything.

You've also got to remember that people once thought the earth was flat too...

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

I believe in god all the way.

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

I believe in Tyr, the Maimed God, who is a lawful good greater deity of law and justice and part of The Triad. His dogma is primarily concerned with...

No j/k, lol. good times....

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

I believe in evolution. I do not believe in God.

BFFC-Mel wrote:

I agree with both of these points.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

BFFC-Draco wrote:

Both. I think that the seven days were not actual days, but extremely long periods of time, and since animals were created before people, we may have evolved from apes.

That's definitely one way, and since I believe in God, period, it would explain a lot of what proponents of evolution DO have.

but there's so much proof of evolution it's pretty hard to deny.

Actually Mel, they don't have as much as they say. Invertebrates are the majority of all life, yet they have NOT invertebrate transitional fossils. Not to mention the Cambrian explosion, where a LOT of animals appeared at one time.

I won't rant though, and I don't remember everthing from last year. And I have to go.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

How can you argue with science! All these people say that science is wrong yet take their meds when they are sick and give money to charities so the same people who say they are wrong can try and find a cure for cancer! These same people think that there is an invisible person that created all of life and these people listen and give money to other people that say they talk to someone that they can't prove exists! And people say I am crazy! If God is real he forgot about us a long time ago! Yet science can tell me when and how an animal died ten thousand years ago..................... which one sounds like a safer bet?

" Hi!"

Devil Girl wrote:

I believe in evolution. I do not believe in God.

BFFC-Mel wrote:

I agree with both of these points.

I'm with you gals, although as a Buddhist I do not think we should have to choose between evolution and the divine.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

I beleive in both. God is all powerful, he created evolution. Thats just what I beleive... Its a rather odd beleif.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

peter wrote:

How can you argue with science! All these people say that science is wrong yet take their meds when they are sick and give money to charities so the same people who say they are wrong can try and find a cure for cancer! These same people think that there is an invisible person that created all of life and these people listen and give money to other people that say they talk to someone that they can't prove exists! And people say I am crazy! If God is real he forgot about us a long time ago! Yet science can tell me when and how an animal died ten thousand years ago..................... which one sounds like a safer bet?

I fully agree. Ask someone why they believe in god, they will say that they have faith. Faith in what? Some invisible person who's suppoesed to watch over us and who has powers to do absolutely anything but they let the world fall apart? And is there any proof besides people who possibly lied and say that God spoke to them? All of the people who believe in the Bible believe in some random book someone found thousands of years ago. What if someone found a book on the ground saying "Kill everyone from Nebraska" or something? Would everyone start killing people from Nebraska because they think it's for a good cause? And religion has been the ause of death of so many people. Remember the Crusades and the Holocaust? Millions of people were slaughtered for what they believed in just because others didn't like it. And when has God been helpful ever since the beginning of the Earth, even if he did create it?

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

19 (edited by Miba Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:36 pm)

This will be locked after about four to six pages. These sorts of threads can never last long without someone getting offended or someone getting mad and then we have an argument. Even here, I've noticed, these threads don't last long. I usually never post in these, but I wanted to point out the pointlessness of starting another thread for this. Why waste the energy fighting and debating when it'll be locked soon? And then in about a year someone will go start another one and then you have to waste more energy presenting the same arguments all over again.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

20 (edited by Mandalore Hunter Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:04 pm)

If people are offended by other people's ideas, why post the topic? I'm a devout christian, but I have alot of aetheist friends. One person's idea on religion doesn't change the person. And to Draco, the Bible says he crafted man in his own image. To Peter and Devil Girl and Sharra and Commander Appo, my role-model, my uncle, is aetheist, but follows the laws of the bible because of the truth of what they stand for. If people DID read the bible, one of the ten commandments is thou shalt not kill; so why defy God for your own twisted ideas?

―Boba Fett

Miba is right, unfortunately there are a lot of people who aren't unwilling to think "outside the square" so to speak.

I think that people should be taught both and then decide for themselves.

One thing I look at is the bible was written over two thousand years ago. People knew nothing of how their bodies worked. If you told them they need to breath in oxygen and breath out carbon dioxide you would have been considered mad or into some sort of witch craft. The only sort of cells these people understood was the ones you had in your dungeon.

The theory of evolution would have been too much for them to comprehend. However they understood male and female. If you have to explain something to a child you explain it in simple terms. This might be why the bible was written as it is, because it accommodated for the education (or lack of it) for the people of the time.

But honestly we can only speculate.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Why are my ideas twisted? It seems to me that placing hope and trust in the invisible man is kinda screwed up, especially when the only proof you have on the subject is a book that was written by men who say the invisible man told them what to write? Twisted? No my friend, realist! We would all love to think that we are going to live forever in a paradise and there is some one looking out for us, but the reality is you make your own fate, no one is guiding you! I respect that you are a devout christian and I have said what I think is correct in my opinion. So as with most christians, there needs to be respect given back for alternate ideas and beliefs not just a flat out 'No, thats not correct".

" Hi!"

peter wrote:

Because if God did everything for us life and faith would be pointless. We have to do things for ourselves.

Mandalore Hunter wrote:

And to Draco, the Bible says he crafted man in his own image.

That could mean God created man in his image through evolution.

No forcing any believes on anyone, please. That could get this locked.

When you at least pary to god once in awhile, it helps.

I use to live a really crappy life,  i had horrible acne, i had no friends, low self esteem, my parents always argued, i always woke up said to myself "yet another day, when the hell is 2012"?
At the time, i didnt belive in god

Now when i started to think, why dont i just read the bible?
or say a quick prayer? it cant hurt anything right?
My life took a COMPLETE U-turn, i met some kids, got into ROTC, am now just a regular kid with friends, im happy with myself, ROTC got me in shape, so that helpd my body image.
I figured how good i looked with an edge (thanks t ROTC), My parents started talking, hell they even go out most of the time togather.
My parents give me money when i go out with my friends, im relaxed, have a good time.
Its crazy when i said a small little prayer, that this started to happen, now i know science can proably debunk all of this, but when i tryed doing medicnes for Acne and other things, it only got worse, hell i even thought about taking anti-depresants,
I've never read the bible all the way through, not even the first 5 pages!

25 (edited by Mandalore Hunter Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:20 pm)

Peter, I meant the twisted ideas of Hitler.

Sorry if I offended you Draco. And you too Peter. I respect people whether or not their a christian, aetheist, or whatever. The point I was trying to make was that God said thou shalt not kill, and Hitler's twisted ideas messed him up bad. In fact, Lucas based alot of SW off of religion, Order 66; the devil being 666...I don't mind if you're aetheist or not. I also tried to state that I respect that you have your own view of life Peter. May I ask why you are aetheist, though?

―Boba Fett