Re: Jango: Worthy to be a Fett?

yes jango, could fight off a rancor with his bare hands

coltana wrote:

yes jango, could fight off a rancor with his bare hands

I'm not so sure. After his fight with Obi Wan on Kamino (in which he lost one of his pistols) SURELY he had a spare laying around Slave I. A GOOD bounty hunter always has backup weapons. He's obviously just been followed by ONE Jedi to Mustafar that he thinks he killed. A GOOD bounty hunter would never assume that others aren't going to come after the first one. He'd make sure he didn't step foot outside of his ship unless he was operating at 100% per usual, especially with his son to protect at his side at the Confederate meeting planet there. It just seems foolhardy that he'd go launching into the middle of the Geonosis Arena with only one dinky little pistol, when EVERYONE knows Jango's gimmick was overwhelming jetii with a a barrage of blaster bolts because even a lightsaber can't be everywhere at all times. Eventually their defenses will leave a weakness expose. He finished  off Coleman Trebor by, I won't say luck, but clearly caught him off guard because he was going to attack Dooku.

I just think watching Mandalore Jango Fett do something so foolish like that almost makes me want to say "well, serves you right."

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

I think that he made the stupidest move ever by diving to try and get Mace's lightsaber, when he could have just shot him. Mace was defenseless. Duh. A stupid end to a great bounty hunter.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Commander Appo wrote:

I think that he made the stupidest move ever by diving to try and get Mace's lightsaber, when he could have just shot him. Mace was defenseless. Duh. A stupid end to a great bounty hunter.

True, a lot of his moves do not make sense.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

It's not his fault, it's just that Mr. Lucas can never think of good ways for great characters to die.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Vader/Emperor had great Deaths, as did Piett, Grand Moff Tarkin, Jabba the Hutt

Yup, George made the call that only his favorite characters should get epic send-offs...  His choice, but sucks for us

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Yes, he was the perfekt Bounty Hunter... After his death, Boba Fett became a great Bounty Hunter, just like Jango Fett... but a little bit more...

Kinda, 1 reason yea is because he created the clone army. Then we wouldn't have Capt. Rex. He's kinda a girly, girl because he doesen't take care of his kid. If I were Boba I would check his drivers perement and TAZZER his skinny butt. Where's Mandalore when you need him.

War, War never changes

uuuummmmmmmmm.......... jango kinda was the last Mandalore before the Legacy era if memory serves.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

BFFC therealmccoy wrote:

*snip* as did Piett, *snip*

I spit out my coffee as I read that. are you serious?

"I want to hunt down every last crab-boy in the galaxy. Whether you have a deal with them or not, Mand'alor."
    ―Goran Beviin

Ralin Drakus wrote:

uuuummmmmmmmm.......... jango kinda was the last Mandalore before the Legacy era if memory serves.

Boba Fett and Fenn Shysa are both Mandalore after Jango

Beviin wrote:
BFFC therealmccoy wrote:

*snip* as did Piett, *snip*

I spit out my coffee as I read that. are you serious?

I would consider an A-Wing careening into the bridge of a Super-class Star Destroyer capitol ship and it slamming into the surface of the Death Star in a MASSIVE explosion a cool death, especially compared to all of the crappy deaths in the rest of the movies.

Another good death = Qui Gon Jinn
went out fighting like a champ

Only because he was Liam Neeson.

at least i cant think of the top of my head anyone who went the cheap, crappy way- getting shot in the back when they went paying attention. stormtroopers don't count

"I want to hunt down every last crab-boy in the galaxy. Whether you have a deal with them or not, Mand'alor."
    ―Goran Beviin

BFFC therealmccoy wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:

Fenn never took that level of control as I understood it.  He was A leader, but not THE leader I thought; maybe I misheard.  And true that on Boba, I remembered him but I was thinking he Was in the Legacy Era; forgot that he's prior.  What 'Era' is that part of his EU considered part of anyway?

Ralin Drakus wrote:
BFFC therealmccoy wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:

Fenn never took that level of control as I understood it.  He was A leader, but not THE leader I thought; maybe I misheard.  And true that on Boba, I remembered him but I was thinking he Was in the Legacy Era; forgot that he's prior.  What 'Era' is that part of his EU considered part of anyway?

Fenn was Mandalore (a lot of it was retconned recently, so he basically took over after Jango until his death when Boba took over). It is referenced in Order 66 as well as later in the Legacy of the Force novels.

as far as what era of the EU we're at currently in the NJO and LOTF novels, I'm not sure, new jedi order maybe?

Ahhh, I see.  Makes sense.

The older info that I'd heard was that he shyed away from taking that level of responcibility; he didn't see himself as big enough to fill the role, and that the Mandalorians were pretty much leaderless between Jango and Boba *not counting the clone that led Fenn and the others against the Republic during the Clone Wars - and it's actually after Him that Fenn would have taken over right?  or has that piece of the EU been thrown out now as well?  I've honestly lost all track of where most of this stuff now stands...*sigh**

I still hold true to my first story of Boba Fett that I read, in which Jango was never mentioned.  I think it was Tales of the Bounty Hunters??

"To be a Gringo in Mexico, ah, that is euthanasia."

Eurycea wrote:

I still hold true to my first story of Boba Fett that I read, in which Jango was never mentioned.  I think it was Tales of the Bounty Hunters??

ya...cept that's not correct anymore heh
plus it was just a 'tales' and those aren't really regarded as canon, just short stories

I guess the Bounty Hunter Wars series doesn't have that much backstory in it either, at least from what I remember...

So is what Lucas says 'true' now?  Or is there something better?

"To be a Gringo in Mexico, ah, that is euthanasia."

The 'What is Canon' tree for Star Wars, as I've followed it, flows like this:

There are the Movies: What happens in them is utterly, unquestionably true

Then, there is the EU, which includes cartoons, novels, comics, TV specials, games, and probably a half dozen other elements that I can't think of off the top of my head.  Their canon status is supposed to be fairly solid, but Lucas himself steps all over them from time to time as the urge pleases him.  So that being said, NONE of it is 100% set in stone.

However, I personally choose to label the EU from most canon to least in this order:

Starting with Most Canon -

1. The novels

then several levels down -

2.  The comcis

3. Material shown on TV like the Clone Wars cartoons etc.

4. Games

And all of it is viewed with a critical eye.  That's just how I've followed it

If you do a search on wookiepedia for 'canon' there's a really good article on George Lucas canon and the order of things.

Jango's totally worthy hes alot better. If he had a giant scratchthrough the middle of his armor.

Its not just you dads cranky,one time I saw him yell at a butterfly called it a son of a ***** told it to get out of his garden-Corner Gas

Well, quite honestly I think that Jango was a great man. The way that he cared after his son, and taught him how to succeed in life, while at the same time only giving him enough so that he had to work for things and figure out by experience, to me, that is the best teaching. Although I am not in entire agreement with Jango's decision to let Count Dooku use his genes to create the Clone Army, I can see where he is coming from. Count Dooku told him that these clones would end up being instrumental in the destruction and annihilation of the Jedi, and since Jango hated them so much for the death of his parents and the wiping out of the Mandalorian culture, I can sympathize with him. I think that Jango deserves more respect than he gets, and that he is quite worthy of being Boba's father. But then again, that is just my humble opinion.

Even through death you cannot be killed. If you are a true Mandalorian you will live on and be remembered forever. -Kom'rk Vhett

I say yea. Jango is totally worthy. He's different than the others, but he's worthy of being a Fett. He did all kinds of stuff.

"I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe."