Topic: Storm Cells

Does anyone have any bad weather coming their way? Tonight my area is supposed to have severe thunderstorms.... It went from 80 degrees, to 61 degrees. Crazy!

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Re: Storm Cells

What is your area?  Just somewhat curious...
Never any big storms where I live.  It just rains all the time. (yep, Washington.)
I did see a big one down in Texas last year...amazing sight.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Well, last Sunday and Monday my knee started hurting really badly. (March 2005 I managed to stab myself with my boxcutter at work. Sunk in kinda deep and grazed a nerve. Left a nice scar, lol, and now it hurts every now and then, usually around weather changes. Sometimes if it's in a sensative mood even taking a hot shower then coming out to a cold house will make it hurt) And then all week it's been raining off and on. Which is unusual for here, usually we're extremely dry. We've yet to have a thunderstorm though. I think the last one we had was last spring. I miss thunderstorms. When I used to live in KY we had thunderstorms all the time, and I loved them. Now I'm in MT, land of the dry.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

4 (edited by Sarin Kerivor Saturday, April 8, 2006 7:21 pm)

My guess is she lives down in the middle of the US. They were having huge storm warnings the other day.

And I live in Maine, and so far we've had two brushes with freak weather this year. Last year in December we had this huge storm where it was snowing AND thunder AND lightning! It was seriously freaky. And my house is really old, so the walls started creaking and stuff...

The other really weird thing is that aside from that one incident we've had almost no snow. Now, normally, we have mounds of snow well into May and the beginning of June. Now hear this: there is no snow! It's been so weird this year... as far as upcoming weather, I don't think we're due for anything. But up here you never really know.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

5 (edited by Atinvod Saturday, April 8, 2006 2:07 pm)

Hey,I live in East Tennessee and we had some tornados and really bad storms.We had to go into the basement.Plus,to make my mom worry more,my brothers-Luke and Nick-were with their grandparents in Scott county(the tornado's path was that way)
We got reports of hail the size of softballs-we only got quarter size at my house,but that's still pretty bad.There were at least 7 deaths-I don't know accurate that is our power eventually went out as well as the cable,plumbing,a radio tower somewhere and the street lights,too.
And last Sunday was almost as bad.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

Yeah, I live in the lower part of the U.S., and FIERFEK the weather was bad last night!!! It figures that I'd be up half the night right before my ACT test. *sigh*

Oh, and FYI Sarin... I'se a female Mandalorian. tongue

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     

Whoops, sorry! What a place for a typo... =^.^= Sorry... lemme fix that...

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

No problemo, ner vod!

Oh boy!  were talking about weather!  Despite the fact that none of us live near each other!  How incredibly enthraling!

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Sardonic comment?

Atinvod wrote:

Sardonic comment?

How ever did you guess?

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

The Yautja wrote:

Oh boy!  were talking about weather!  Despite the fact that none of us live near each other!  How incredibly enthraling!

Well, I think it is enthralling. A storm in California can emotionally and even physically effect people living in Tennessee. If someone in Tennessee lost a loved one in California, it would effect them emotionally. For an example of a physical effect, think of Katrina. My family felt none of physical force of Katrina, yet we were physically affected by the rising gas prices.

13 (edited by Boba Dude Monday, April 10, 2006 8:24 am)

I live in Washington, the land of rain wink
It has been kinda nice the past few days (nice enough to fly my R/C plane)

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

14 (edited by Boba Dude Monday, April 10, 2006 8:26 am)

Miba wrote:

March 2005 I managed to stab myself with my boxcutter at work. Sunk in kinda deep and grazed a nerve. Left a nice scar.

Ouch!! that must have hurt!! I know this is off topic but, How did you manage to do that????

-Boba Dude

Boba Dude wrote:
Miba wrote:

March 2005 I managed to stab myself with my boxcutter at work. Sunk in kinda deep and grazed a nerve. Left a nice scar.

Ouch!! that must have hurt!! I know this is off topic but, How did you manage to do that????

-Boba Dude

I was wondering the same thing. smile:)

Ok, here's the story: I worked 1-9 that day, and it was about 8:00 and I still needed to face (that's when you pull all the items forward to make the shelf look full) and that takes a while so I was in a hurry. I was kneeling on the floor to stock some Go-Gurts and back then I wasn't very good with boxcutters yet and the one I was using wasn't very sharp. So I had the bad tendancy to run the blade too close to the side of the box and make it slip off the box entirely. I had the box sorta between my knees but a little in front of them and was cutting the far side of the box top off. And it slipped off and since I had been in a hurry I was using a bit more strength than was needed and it went flying without me being able to stop it. It hit my knee and for a moment I just sat there, then I dropped the boxcutter since I could feel wetness seeping around the cut. I stood (standing heavily on the left foot, obviously) and pulled up my pant leg and checked it out. There was indeed tons of blood. So I hobbled into the backroom's cleaning room where there was a mopbucket sink. (our bathrooms are up front) I washed it up and was just going to tie a paper towel around my knee till I got home but it would not stop bleeding so I tied it up with paper towels as best I could and tried to walk normally into the breakroom to get some bandaids (I never pay attention so I have no idea where our first aid kits are) and after I got some I went into the bathroom where I bandaged myself up. It didn't help much though, it was still bleeding all over around the cut. And by then the knee of my pants were soaked. No one noticed though, cause my pants were black. I think the store manager had left by then so I didn't say anything. I never did go to the doctor's either. I did limp around the store some, and my friend there told me I needed stitches but meh, I hate doctors and hospitals and stuff and I was fine. I figure I grazed a nerve cause it hurts still sometimes when none of my other scars ever hurt. It took a few weeks to heal, I forget how long exactly. And I got rid of those pants, lol. Oh, and it took me about half a year or so before I was brave enough to sit with a box between my knees like that again.

Aand, to bring all that back on topic: It sometimes hurts right before a weather change. Not a real hurt, but more of an annoyance-itchy feeling.

you should go to a doctor just to make sure you didnt cut the nerve. That must have felt real nice..
you dont have to but that is what I would do..

hey BalanceSheet, what part of Wa do you live in?
I am in Tumwater, which is by Olimpya.

Actually, it didn't hurt till I tried walking and even then it wasn't too bad until I got home. I don't think I even actually felt it hit me.

As for going to a doctor, I suppose I should have, but it's past. I don't think there's anything they could do now anyway. I don't care, it doesn't hurt too badly when it does hurt (which isn't very often) and it's so fun to gross people out with it. Cause I can actually make the scar sink into the skin a bit, then I can move my leg just right to make the scar pop up. hehe...

20 (edited by Atinvod Monday, April 10, 2006 5:00 pm)

The Yautja wrote:
Atinvod wrote:

Sardonic comment?

How ever did you guess?

I'm good with guessing when sardonic is a factor in the equation...nah I just know what kind of person you are from what you post
   Back to topic-no worries this week we are in the clear...for now

Miba wrote:

Actually, it didn't hurt till I tried walking and even then it wasn't too bad until I got home. I don't think I even actually felt it hit me.

As for going to a doctor, I suppose I should have, but it's past. I don't think there's anything they could do now anyway. I don't care, it doesn't hurt too badly when it does hurt (which isn't very often) and it's so fun to gross people out with it. Cause I can actually make the scar sink into the skin a bit, then I can move my leg just right to make the scar pop up. hehe...

Haha!! Gross people out.... big_smile big_smile big_smile My kind of gal!!

Lol...not you getting hurt but grossing people out.That must be fun to do to preps...they are so easy to freak out

Scars are fun.
I live in the midwest USA and got hit by the storms.  We had the biggest hail I've ever seen in my life (which was only 1-2 inches in diameter) and it was bouncing through the yard.  It was really cool.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator