Re: RPG: The Naltoon Assault

The Colonel began the data upload to the Alliance's SecureNet server...while also copying to a hidden datachip in one of his revolvers. He propped his spurred boots up on the desk, monitoring the the transfer.

"Any caf left in that thing?" Blaine pointed over his shoulder to the Mr. Caf sitting on the marble counter top.

"Ah, sure. I think so." Havrim shrugged.

Shalashaska got up out of the chair and went over to the caf maker, grabbing an expensive looking glass out of the cabinet. "You know Havrim, I think you'll make captain for this." He pushed down on the dispenser, the steamy aroma of fresh caf filled the kitchen. He popped off one of the revolver handgrips to check the download status bar, which was full. Blaine turned his attention back to Havrim. "You want some more caf? There's plenty le-"

*Loud banging*

"OPEN UP IN THE NAME OF THE EMPIRE! OPEN UP IN THERE!"

"This IS my signature."

Griffin and Dodger was making there way through the corridors. The bacta reserves that Dodger had given griffin where starting to kick in.

"I think i can handle myself now dodge" Griffin said

"You saying im not gentle enough!? fine! your dumped!" Dodger replied releasing Griffin,

"Hey wait, you hear that!" Dodger then said

Griffin nodded back before bringing his rifle to his shoulder, Giving Dodger hand signals to stay low and hug the wall, followed by a thumbs down....Imps!
A squad of stormtroopers had marched up the stairs, the head of the group was wearing what seemed to be a long black cape and a funny looking weapon, Dodger and Griffin shot each other a look as if to say ooooo get him, posh bastard!

"You, sergeant! open that door!" The stormtrooper captain ordered

"Roger!" the sergeant replied, he tryed opening the door but it was locked.

The sergeant hammered the door with his fist

"OPEN UP IN THE NAME OF THE EMPIRE! OPEN UP IN THERE!!!" He ordered.

Griffin got on the comms to Sarge

"Gems? its Griff, we got a situation here. Havrim's got a squad of imps at his front door. What do you want us to do? Over"

Dodge let of a sigh

"Always have to ask for orders dont you!?, why cant you improvise!" Dodge whispered while taking a couple of thermo's out and juggling them.

Griffin just rolled his eyes.

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

Dodger was getting ready to lob the grenades when Gemma’s voice came through over the com, “If you can rescue him then do so, but be careful he has the plans.”

Dodger was confused, “Wait a minute I thought we were supposed to get the droid to him so he could get the plans.”

Griffin recited Dodger’s message to Gemma.

“It’s news to me too. No explosions you could damage the data chip he has.” Gemma told.

“No explosions? Well that just takes the fun out of my job,” Dodger grumbled.

Griffin peered around the corner, “There’s a lot of them.”

“Stay out of sight, I’ll see if I can round up some help.” Gemma said.

Dodger shook his head, “I hate wait.”

Griffin glared at him, “Well you’re not in charge.”

Dodger played with the pin of his grenade but didn’t comment.

“We’ll hold position,” Griffin told Gemma.

“Noted, I’ll get back to you ASAP.” Gemma said as she changed frequencies. She hailed a few of her soldiers to hear nothing. Eventually she heard back from Quarry who was only too happy to help.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

The pair of troopers from Raylor's platoon, banged on the door. It was locked and there were voices on the inside. One of them commed to Jelera, advising her that they seemed to have found rebels that had infiltrated the base. At the same time the other stormtrooper was placing a small explosive to break open the door. 

Jelera shouted orders to the rest of her men, she'd need back up to take these rebels as they never seemed to go quietly. And she raced off in the direction of the supposed rebels, pistol in hand, ready to fight

When the troopers turned their backs, so that they could detonate the door open, they noticed two other figures at the far end of the hallway, who didn't seem to be imperials. "TWO MORE REBELS IN THE SOUTHEAST CORRIDOR! WE NEED BACK UP!" the trooped yelled into his comm, on the main imperial frequency, hoping that anyone would come to their back up. They were pinned.  IF they blew the door as planned. They troopers knew that there was no other way out of that room, and honestly knew that the rebels inside weren't stupid enough to just open the door to them.

"HALT!" they shouted at the figures down the hall. "DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT"

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

105 (edited by Nigzy Friday, July 4, 2008 2:10 pm)

"Bloody great dodge! i told you not to get noticed!!! but hey, is that a chick?" Griffin sighed at Dodger

"Well can i use on these or not!? and what!? why do you always have to eye straight for the chicks!?" Dodge replied

"You know you cant! we need what Havrims got intact! you know the word your not familliar with! IN ONE PIECE! and hey! whats wrong with just stating she's a chick" Griffin moaned

"Its how you said it! and..... in all honesty, i prefer them in pieces...." Dodger said smirking

The imperial stormtroopers stood, staring in complete confusion at Griffins and dodge's argument

"We could of killed them by now.....why do we always have to ask them to stop and all that jazz!" One of the stormtroopers quietly remarked

"Sarge, this is griffin we've been compromised!" Griffin screamed into his comms
"Moving to engage!" Griffin shortley said into the comms

With this Dodge let of a huge smile. Griffin raised his A-280 and let of a few shots around the corner he was leaning on Dodger Went to the other corner, throwing a thermo as soon as he was in cover, them readying his own blaster

"Griff dont do anything stupid, your in no state! Dodger warned

"Gee, you just wanna play hero again dont you!" Griffin shouted back

"Sarge!!! We need reinforcements and fast! where out numbered here!!!" Griffin screamed into his comms

"What i would do for some air support....." Dodge sighed out

"You just love blowing buildings up dont you? Griffn smirked back at him

Dodge just replied with a wink before letting some more shots down the hall way

"Just dont kill the chick......." griffin ordered

"dodge! pull back! get out of here. i'll cover you. im going no where pal! Just make sure you come back for me, wether im dead or not ok?"

"I cant...." Dodge replied

"Thats an order!" Griffin shouted back

Dodger hesitated but knew he had to do what he was ordered to,

"just dont die on me Griff!" He said

"Wait....did you just say something nice?" Griff chuckled back

with that Dodge gave a nod and darted off.

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

106 (edited by Si Titran Friday, July 4, 2008 2:08 pm)

Jelera reached her men before any of the other troopers did. No sooner did she, then a detonator was hurled half way down the corridor.

"Son of a hutt!" she muttered under her breath. She jumped back and took cover around the corner from where she just came. She shouted into her comm, hoping that Commander Raina would hear it, and lock down the base so that these rebels could not escape. She hoped they hadn't managed to find the plans yet, and that they were still safe.

"Captain ( i think this is the right title for a trooper to call her, I'm not sure), There are at least two more in the room behind us!" The trooper shouted to her across the way.

Jelera figured that her nice little pistol, just wasn't going to cut it. It was officially 4 on 3, with someone who had detonators and wasn't afraid to use them.  So she pulled her rifle off the sling on her back, and started laying down suppressive fire, hoping to drive the two rebels back far enough so they could get the door open. 

She over the noise of fire she heard her comm ring out. "Two squads are following to intercept  targets. Current status is they are on turbo lifts 2 and 3 respectively. ETA, 30 seconds."  Jelera took note and retracted behind the wall again. Fire slowed down, and she could hear the unmistakable sound of stormtooper armor.

( Any one in a position to help out here I'd appreciate it. big_smile)

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

107 (edited by Lord Revan Friday, July 4, 2008 1:55 pm)

((Wow, dude. Your guy needs serious medical attention, there's no way he would (or could) do any of that in his current condition...Just sayin...))

"This IS my signature."

(( it would be quite easy to do so i think, If a blaster shot is pretty much the same as a regular bullet shot in this common day world, the human body can act accordingly with enough pain killers and adrenaline, but if you really want i'll edit it ))

((My gun shoots bullets, not blaster bolts. So there isn't a cauterizing effect going on when in hits, pain and bleeding are two completely different things...:P))

"This IS my signature."

(( i edited it so im slouching against the wall and shooting around the corner, which is feasable tongue ))

Dodger had only gotten around the hall when he found Quarry. "About bloody time that you turned up!"

"Hey you were next on my dance card," Quarry said as he got his blasters ready.

"Let's go kick some butt," Dodger replied then stopped, "Actually I got a better idea. You go help Griffin I'm going to go set up some surprises for our Imperial friends." With that Dodger ran off still in his grey stormtrooper armour. He had been surprised that the Imps had thought him a Rebel but that didn't really matter, he had charges to lay down.

Quarry rounded the corner with blasters blazing. He grabbed Griffin by the shirt colar and dragged him out of the line of fire, "We need to get you to a bacta tank."

"It's only a flesh wound," Griffin exclaimed.

"Yeah right and I look good in leather pants," Quarry replied as he lifted Griffin and tossed him over his shoulder. "We'll come back for Harvim, right now we're getting you to a medic. Dodger's going to deal with the Imps his favourite way."

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Fett_II wrote:

As Davik and Vince set off to actually go into battle, Vince suddenly made a sharp right before entering the scene, cutting off Davik and, thus, losing Bess to a wall.

"BESS! DAMN!"

Vince came back to see if Davik lived or not, and when he saw Davik sitting on the ground with his arms stretched out, he opened his helmet, spat on the ground, and said "Come on, soldier. Get up, this is no time to cry. It could have been worse, the caf machine could have been - BESS! NO! Well, 'least I still got Ol' Rusty" with a satisfying clogging sound coming from his speeder bike.

As the two sat there, thinking 'Well, it was fun while it lasted', and 'Damn, there goes free caf for life', reality hit them, and they realized they were still sitting on the ground near the battle. Getting up, Davik and Vince went into a local cantina, where it was crowded with civilians. As the two took a table, they noticed several cloaked figures, and a Rebel trooper helmet sitting on the table.

Davik surveyed the cantina and grew increasigly aware of the Rebel pressence. He looked back at Vince to see if he noticed as well....Vince wasn't there/

Davik sighed and checked general area around him. Vince had his leg propped up on a chair at a table with two Twi'lek females. He was attempting to flirt with them yet their faces of disgust told Davik that Vince wasn't having much luck.

"- want a taste of sweet, sweet cand-" Vince was saying when Davik yanked him back to his side.

"Oh come onnnnnnn, theres TWO of 'em! We're set!" Vince said.

"Rebels." Davik whispered. Vince froze and looked up and down the cantina. He noticed the Rebels looking at them, with their hands mysteriously hidden underneath their tables. He turned to Davik.

"Well now. Theres only one way to deal with Rebel scum..." He said. He put his hand on and lent on the twi'leks' table. Davik cocked his head in a 'What???' sort of way. Vince didn't move for just a moment.

In the blink of an eye Vince turned and flipped the table on its side and took out his little blaster from his boot. Davik dived behind the table as the shocked Twi'leks ran and screamed.

"KILL THEM ALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!" Vince yelled as he started blasting away at all the Rebels that were now tipping over their own tables and yelling as well. Davik took out his DC-17 and began firing away.

Vince took out two thermal detonators and activated them tossing them into the mass of Rebels now cloistered at the back of the cantina. He laughed maniacally and looked over the table to watch the explosion. Another thermal detonator hit his face-plate and landed at his feet.

"Uh oh." He kicked it out the door of the cantina since they were still relatively close to the entrance just as 3 Stormtroopers who had heard the ruckus stormed in. The explosive went off and scattered blood and white armor shards everywhere.

"Stop exploding you cowards!" Vince yelled in frustration and turned to see Davik blasting away. He faced the Rebels and began picking them off with his blaster. Blaster bolts flew everywhere, Rebel and theirs. With each shot Vince made a 'pew' sound effect that only Davik could hear through the comm. Fabulous chaos ensued.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Gemma and Ol' Vik were starting to make their way away from the bar when the sounds of ballte began. "Oh crap, I better check if any of my troops are in there." Gemma told and considered using her com but there wasn't much point when a fire fight broke out. "Can we delay that trip for now?" she asked Ol' Vik referring to the detour they were going to make to his place to collect better weapons.

"I guess," Ol' Vik replied.

The pair moved to one of the windows and peered inside, "Damn Elna and Elka are in there," Gemma said as she saw the twin Twi'lek girls.

"Time to fight?" Ol' Vick asked.

"Sure is," Gemma said as she grabbed her second last grenade. She moved around the corner and threw it at a group of stormtroopers that were coming in as support. "Not on my crono," Gemma growled as she watched the stormtroopers become a pile of scrap.

BFFC Moderator

As the destructive battle led on, Davik and Vince realized that nobody was winning, and bullets were just flying. It still looked cool. Davik finally knocked some sense into himself, and called in for reinforcements. Five units came in from the main entrance, with their cool rolling action and stuff and getting shot in the midst.

"Ah, crap" said Davik as he watched the reinforcements get mowed down.

"Stop exploding, you cowards!" screamed Vince as several more Stormtroopers who came in from the rear entrance ended up victims to a thermal detonator. Davik thought he heard Vince making shooting sounds, but wasn't sure. His attention span went to the bartender, who was crying with his hands over his ears. Turning his attention span this time to the rear entrance of the cantina, two more Rebels entered.

"Vince, do something!" screamed Davik as he continued to fire like a madman, making his way to the newly arrived targets.

Ghost shoved the bar tab into one of his belt pouches and ran out the bar’s door.  I’ll follow this up later… he thought as he made his way down the street towards the fancy hotel that loomed before him.

"Two squads are following to intercept targets. Current status is they are on turbo lifts 2 and 3 respectively. ETA, 30 seconds" chirped the war center’s command and control officer to whoever was up there.

I better get up there to though.  Maybe my lost sergeant is up there…

With that hope, ’57 rushed into the lobby and then darted into the vacant service lift…

*On my way Si  big_smile *

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Gemma took cover behind a huge decorative pot that she was certain was made from permisteel. Ol' Vik found cover of his own but she lost sight of him.

Letting off a few blaster bolts periodically Gemma hailed Elna and Elka, "You girls have to get out of here."

"We're cut off," Elna informed her.

"What can I do?" Gemma asked.

"How about create a diversion?" Elna suggested.

"Never would have thought of that," Gemma grumbled. She looked at the huge pot and muttered to herself, "I must be crazy." She gave the pot a shove, then again and again until it started rocking. Finally it fell, there were a few screams and then the pot rolled squashing people as it went.

BFFC Moderator

Griffin was being hauled, god knows where!

"Gee your rougher than Dodger!" Griffin sighed

"Awww im sorry darling, want me to go nice and easy and let us get killed?" Quarry remarked back

"Dodge! Where clear, do what you got to do!" Quarry said over the comms

"Time for the fireworks, enjoy the show fellas!" Dodger Chuckled back

"Oh.....crap!" Griffin whispered as he slowly passed out, his gun shot wound had reopened and was bleeding fast
With that quarry noticed the blood trickling down on to his armor

"Oh bloody great Griff, make a mess why dont you!" Quarry sighed

"Griff?" He said after he got no reply, he had noticed Griffin had gone pale and was un conscious, with that Quarry got a better grip of Griffin and began hurrying up. he didnt have much time to get him to a medic.

Quarry’s first aid training came back to him and he immediately lowered Griffin to the ground. He compressed the wound with some rags he had in his side pouch, he then pushed Griffin against a building wall in a standing position. Next he managed to pick up Griffin in a piggyback fashion, hoping that gravity would help slow the bleeding.

It didn’t take Quarry long to find the building he was looking for, it had once been one of the most advanced medical facilities on Naltoon, but it had been superseded by a facility installed by the Imperials. Quarry ran through the corridors until he came to the maternity wing, there he found the access panel he was looking for.

With deft fingers Quarry typed in the code and made his way into the service elevator. He went to the basement and found the Rebel installation along with the medical crew, “I need immediate assistance! I’ve got an injured man, gunshot to the chest. He needs emergency treatment!”

Quarry was swarmed by the closest medical personnel and droids. They carted Griffin off while Quarry was left standing. A nurse approached Quarry, “Do you need medical treatment.”

Quarry shook his head and then noticed that Griffin had bleed substantially on his armour, “Not my blood,” Quarry told, “Is there somewhere I can clean up?”

The nurse nodded, “Come this way.”

“I need to be quick about this, there’s Imps out there that need to die,” Quarry growled.

-

Dodger was ready to give the Imps a shakedown but he needed to inform the Sarge despite what he’d said to Griffin early, he called her on the com. “Hey Sarge, I’m gonna make the world move for you again, that fine by you darlin’?”

Gemma’s reply came with the sounds of gunfire in the background, “Do what you need to.”

“I love it when you’re generous. Hold onto your helmet,” Dodger grinned as he hit the switch. He’d only loaded enough bomb to make the building shake terribly. Sure it’d put in a few cracks and the structural integrity might but up to crap but hey that was what insurance was for.

The low rumble sounded and the building rocked from side to side, the sights and sounds were music to Dodger’s ears. He laughed as he saw the Imps running out. They had Harvim and the Colonel, Dodger was about to take a shot but they saw him and shot first as they ran. “Dammit,” Dodger snarled as they got away. “The Sarge is not going to like this.”

BFFC Moderator

Blast! This is not going well.

Alaya's cover had been blown. They knew there was a sniper in her general direction, that was her only advantage. They didn't know exactly where she was. She had had some close calls with blaster bolts and she was starting to worry that they would start to search the surrounding buildings. Alaya noticed that the rebels had started to retreat, possibly thinking they had taken down the sniper. She decided to take out whoever she perceived to be in charge. She fired at a rebel that was leading the way, and killed him. The rebels again scattered and started to fire at her. She suddenly heard the firing of a rocket launcher. She immidiantly backed away from the edge of the buiding and took cover in the stairway leading back into the building. Alaya heard the explosion, and then she felt the heat throught her armor. The force of the explosion forced her helmet off and pushed her down the stairwell. She came to a stop when she went head first into a wall and she blacked out.

Ven'gana mhi yaim'ol // We will have our homecoming

Griffin slowly opened his eyes. staring up at the bright lights.

"Is this....heaven?" He thought to himself, before suddenly feeling a sharp pain in his chest. He was in an operations room.

"Ahh corporal, glad your awake. We've done minor surgery on your wound, nothing much. The bullet appeared to have nicked at an artery. All fixed now" The leading surgeon said.

"So am i fit to fight?" Griffin immediatley responded

"Well no, you need a couple of hours in the bacta tank. we would of put you in there. but you where shot by a bullet, not a blaster shot" The surgeon answered while picking up a needle.....
"Time for you....to go to sleep corporal" The surgeon smiled as he slowly injected the needle into the IV.

"Oh great, you wake me up just to say go back to sleep?...." Griffin was out cold again.
With that the surgeon team transported him to the bacta tank container room.

It didn’t take Quarry long to clean up the blood Griffin had bled onto his armour. He was back out in the chaos in no time. He'd crawled into the ducting system to get to the Imps once more. He almost laughed when he saw the smooching pair of imps at the mess hall. “Oh this is just too precious,” Quarry gloated as he lined up a shot. He could have made it a head shot but that wouldn’t have been sporting and Quarry felt like playing.

He decided to go for a leg shot and adjusted his scope on the weak point in the male soldier’s armour. Quarry fired and heard the Imp screech and jump to his feet. Quarry laughed, seemed he’d grazed the Imp. “Hey guys, get a room.” Quarry yelled and threw a key-card at them from the vent above and quickly slide down a chute. It was a blank key-card but Quarry figured it was worth the torment.

BFFC Moderator

Jaith fell over, his leg in to much pain to support him. Oddly, he found himself more upset about Raina being a potential target and his interrupted meal then he was about being shot. Raina had climed up onto the table and was in the process of getting into the vents, which seemed to be quite difficult. Jaith commed the command center, telling them to lock down the building, and hoped that Raina would be ok.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Dodger was getting ready to hail Gemma however his musings were interrupted by the appearance of R2-D8, “What do you want, tin can?”

The droid bleeped at Dodger.

“You’ve got a mission, I’ve got a mission, what’s your point?” Dodger growled impatiently.

Once again the droid let out a series of bleeps.

“We’ve already got the plans, well we did but Harvim got captured with that turncoat Colonel,” Dodger replied as he scratched his jaw under the helmet.

The droid whistled and bleeped.

“Oh that sounds like a good idea, but we’ve already been in the Imp complex.” Dodger replied.

The droid spun in a circle and continued to bleep.

“Ah you say we get another copy of those plans to save our skins, good idea. Let’s go,” Dodger said feeling in a better mood, “If all else fails I can just blow the building to kingdom come.” Dodger grinned.

BFFC Moderator

Vince heard Davik, he was right. It was fun and all, but there was still a good chance they would die here. He peered over the table. The Rebels were fleeing out the back door. One stubborn Rebel female had caused a diversion by tipping over a giant permisteel vase which was rolling their way, unlucky cantina patrons being squashed along its path. It covered the Rebels escape as well as theirs. If they got out of the way that is.

Vince threw his head in the direction of the vase and Davik looked at it.
"Time to go." Vince said
"Time to run." Davik replied. They rose up and bolted for the door. Any remaining Rebels fired a few shots at them that barely missed. The giant vase crushed the table they were just behind like it was made of paper and kept rushing straight for them.

A fleeing Rebel joined their run and Vince slapped him across the face, sending him reeling into the vase's path. He fell victim to the vase. Vince and Davik dove for the entrance and the vase slammed against the door frame. They had just made it. They rose and dusted themselves off.

"Again!" Vince exlaimed with glee.

"Uhhhh....Vince." Davik said and pointed to some flaming wreckage where ol Rusty used to be. Vince looked at it...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

With the pot rolling Elna and Elka made their run towards Gemma. Gemma shouted to Ol' Vik to help with cover fire for the girls. The two green Twi'leks moved with the natural affinity of dances, as many of their species did, in no time Elka had found cover with Ol' Vik while Elna made her way out the door past the destroyed speeder.

Gemma heard the reference to "Old Rusty" and saw one peeved Imp. "Like my work?" Gemma taunted him and made her way out the door with Elna.

Elka was thanking Ol' Vik with a kiss on the cheek.

"Move it!" Gemma shouted, "We ain't got time for gratitude, this isn't over!"

BFFC Moderator