Topic: who is the best star wars actor

who did the best acting job in star wars

i think hayden christension was great(i know some disagree with me) escpecially in eppy 3
and Ewan Mcgregor was a good Obi Wan in eppy 1,2&3

but what do you think

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Re: who is the best star wars actor

Lando Griffin,
but seriously....Billy Dee and Harrison.
Jeremy Bulloch nuanced performance, was incredible. his subtle movements and onscreen demeanor
are some of the reasons we r having this conversation.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

Harrison Ford by far. Not just because he is one of the only ones to survive the series without a stereotypical role, but because he is an amazing actor. Without him, I don't know if episode 4 would have been as successful. Plus, nothing will ever beat his improv frantic "Everything's fine, we're all fine... how are you?"

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

revan07 wrote:

i think hayden christension was great(i know some disagree with me) escpecially in eppy 3

I happen to be one of those people. I think his acting was horrendous. He resembled an angry child who wants a toy more than a soon-to-be Sith lord.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Harrison Ford by far. . Plus, nothing will ever beat his improv frantic "Everything's fine, we're all fine... how are you?"

i agree, w/out Harrison Ford- the original trilogy could have been really flat. Some of Harrisons improvs have been cinematic gold.
leia in ESB: "i love you"
Harrisons improv: "I know."

i think the prequels needed a scoundrel character- obi wan was sort of that role but nothing close to Solo or Lando.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

For me it is Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Temuera Morrison all the way, Then Harrison.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

by the way Jesse fett can we pleasee make peace and stop abuse

9 (edited by Fett_II Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:03 pm)

definitely the OT cast. Guiness, Cushing, Ford, Prowse, Williams, all them. out of the PT, Lee, McDiarmid (you can't really judge him based on the original trilogy, cuz he was only in one movie), Neeson, Jackson.

revan07 wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. Please give a reason why you think what I said was racist? I do not take being called a racist very lightly. There was no abuse, there was retaliation!

Jesse Fett wrote:
revan07 wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. Please give a reason why you think what I said was racist? I do not take being called a racist very lightly. There was no abuse, there was retaliation!

Not the place for this, use PMs or take it up on the b-ball court.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Devil Girl wrote:

For me it is Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.

I'll second that! wink

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Jesse Fett wrote:
revan07 wrote:

i just don't paticually take anti christian comments to well. but i guess it was a bit of an unnessasary negative karma just because of your views
how about i send you a positive karma to make it up(if i have finished the 14400 minutes that is)

P.S. my friend "SOS Huruhi is gay" is not me, i asked him to give you a negative and i saw your response to him thinking ni was double acouting and can i make it clear i am not double acounting, SOS Huruhi is gay is my school fired as is SOS Haruhi. sorry about getting him to give you a negative

revan07 wrote:
Jesse Fett wrote:
revan07 wrote:

i just don't paticually take anti christian comments to well. but i guess it was a bit of an unnessasary negative karma just because of your views
how about i send you a positive karma to make it up(if i have finished the 14400 minutes that is)

P.S. my friend "SOS Huruhi is gay" is not me, i asked him to give you a negative and i saw your response to him thinking ni was double acouting and can i make it clear i am not double acounting, SOS Huruhi is gay is my school fired as is SOS Haruhi. sorry about getting him to give you a negative

Fetterthanyou already covered this... This is definitely NOT the place to be having this conversation. Do it over private messages.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

cujo wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:

Harrison Ford by far. . Plus, nothing will ever beat his improv frantic "Everything's fine, we're all fine... how are you?"

i agree, w/out Harrison Ford- the original trilogy could have been really flat. Some of Harrisons improvs have been cinematic gold.
leia in ESB: "i love you"
Harrisons improv: "I know."

i think the prequels needed a scoundrel character- obi wan was sort of that role but nothing close to Solo or Lando.

Very true, especially the part about the new trilogy needing a 'Solo-esk' character.  I think we saw in the new trilogy what the old one might have looked like without Ford/Solo.

For the new Trilogy I got to go with:

Neeson *Qui-Gon*  *Love his acting style and pressence, his role in Kindom of Heavon was great, if short*
McGregor
Lee
and Temuera Morrison, both for his acting as Jango and his voice work and acting for the clones

In the Old Trilogy:

Harrison Ford
James Earl Jones
Mark Hamill *a little whinny at times and a little TOO crushed when he found out Vader was his father, but otherwise pretty good job*
Guiness
and of course Jeremy  smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

' Aye! big_smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

I knew I would miss some. I always get reminded of others that are really funky.

Here are some others that I think are excellent:

James Earl Jones
Peter Cushing
Billy Dee Williams
Samuel L Jackson
Christopher Lee
Ian MacDiarmid
Liam Neeson
Jeremy Bulloch (anyone who can turn a character that was supposed to be incidental into what he is now is great big_smile )

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Mark Hamill *a little whinny at times and a little TOO crushed when he found out Vader was his father, but otherwise pretty good job*

Can anyone be TOO crushed that Darth Vader was their father? lol

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Valthonin wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:

Can anyone be TOO crushed that Darth Vader was their father? lol

true, i mean you just find out that the ultimate galactic evil is your daddy who can blame him,  how would you take it

i might have to give him a hug. only had he not cut off my hand before i found out. and if anyone has seen Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing's old horror movies from the 30s-70s (Lee was usually the monster and Cushing the hero), then you rock (like i do). lucky me, i have a tv channel that plays horror movies all day and they come on every now and then.

revan07 wrote:
Jesse Fett wrote:
revan07 wrote:

very well then, let our little discrepancies be forgotten and move on.

My big three are Harrison Ford, Jeremy Buloch, and David Prowse they were all so convincing.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Harrison Ford

take it easy baby take it as it comes

everyone seems to  say harison ford
(that is just an observation, not insulting your perspective)

Vader's body.