Re: Dark or Light: which side are you?

Dark side. I took the test and got Sith...and took it again and got Sith again...and in KOTOR II I make Revan and Malak look like kids compared to how dark I am. I'm not evil, I just prefer the dark...

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

The Dark side is childish, and weak. Anyone can use the dark side, take its comforting darkness. It takes a truly honorable being to hold the light and embrace it.

So very much fun.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

ummmmmmm...........the dark side IS evil unless i miss my guess   

tongue

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

hen I guess I am...the light is a fierce enemy, and will stagger and die by my blade (oh crap, I'm getting waaaaay too into this)

―Boba Fett

I  don't consider it evil, as it is just a foil to the light. Light creates shadows, and they are not evil for existing.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

ummmm.......... They don't just 'exist;' they CHOOSE the dark side.....or are of an evil nature and they never really see a choice.  Either way......their actions ARE evil; at least all the Sith I know of

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Then you don't know what my actions as a Sith would be..

―Boba Fett

Evil is a point of view. Just as the Jedi believe they're bringing peace to the galaxy, the Sith believe they're bringing peace by destroying the Jedi.

59 (edited by Alo Fett Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:10 pm)

I have no laws like the Republic witch is bound bye them. No high ideals as the Jedi who are blinded by them. No lust for power like the Sith who are enslaved to it. I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.
- Alo Fett

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Very...um...like something you'd hear in SW. The Sith are not slaves to lies and deceit, they harness the power, and those manipulated are the slaves.

―Boba Fett

61 (edited by Ralin Drakus Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:06 pm)

Alo Fett wrote:

I have no laws like the Republic witch is bound bye them. No high ideals as the Jedi who are blinded by them. No plots or lies like the Sith who are slaves to them. I have true freedom. I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.
- Alo Fett

That sounds much more Mando then Sith, to me at least.  *EDIT* forget that line; just reread your post.  Great little piece there btw**

The Sith have always had one thing in common as far as I know, and it is a basic element that makes up a Sith.  If you don't fit in, maybe you're not one..........even if they are cooler    tongue

The Sith have ALWAYS strove for Power above all else.  No matter who they must kill, enslave, lie to, intimidate, or pretend to ally themselves with, personal power is always the driving goal.  Not peace.  Peace, War, and Diplomacy are all tools used for personal power, not to achieve any 'greater good,' even if that may be the inital intention. 

Just my thoughts on the subject..

The Dark side is not evil for existing. Evil is much a point of view.

Ralin, you are very correct about the Sith striving only after personal power. They seek not to enlighten any one than themselves.

Si Titran wrote:

The Dark side is not evil for existing. Evil is much a point of view.

Ralin, you are very correct about the Sith striving only after personal power. They seek not to enlighten any one than themselves.

My point on the Force is that there really is no 'Light side' or 'Dark side' Theres only energy thats provided by living things. The energy provides power, and what they decided to do with the power shapes whether they are good or evil. And what would be considered 'sucumbing to the Dark side' would be that old saying: 'Total power corrupts totaly'.

The whispers of the dark side are really the whispers of yourself...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

OoOOoo. Nice I like that idea and it fits with what Lucas has told us about the force. 
Also I did some editing on my post to make it fit better.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

65 (edited by Mandalore Hunter Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:20 pm)

Goooood... (I just had to quote Palpatine) MSW is right...But those who use it for their own ends, call it the Dark Side, and the name stuck. Same with the Light.
And Si and Ralin are right...the Sith are for power, wich draws me to them.

―Boba Fett

"The Jedi and Sith are the same in almost every way, including their quest for greater power."

Can't really separate the two, except by the way they use their power. So there is no 'Light' or 'Dark'.

I can't remember if I've posted on here before, but I am definitely light. I felt guilty if I killed anyone unnecessarily in KOTOR, but I would kill criminals without mercy. That's how I would be in SW if it were real. I would be the Jedi Knight, who upheld his code like a chivalrous knight, but if some part of the Order conflicted with what I felt, I would go with my heart, and fight with honor.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

68 (edited by True Warrior Thursday, October 9, 2008 10:00 am)

I took the test.
Its obvious.............Im a dark jedi........

I do tend to walk on the line of good AND evil. big_smile

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Merciless Mandalore wrote:

I can't remember if I've posted on here before, but I am definitely light. I felt guilty if I killed anyone unnecessarily in KOTOR, but I would kill criminals without mercy. That's how I would be in SW if it were real. I would be the Jedi Knight, who upheld his code like a chivalrous knight, but if some part of the Order conflicted with what I felt, I would go with my heart, and fight with honor.

That about sums me up as well.  I'm Light side at heart, just not in the same league as the Order.  Not sure I could deal with the Order as it existed in the Republic, and probably would have left at some point to wander the galaxy to fight evil in my own way..

Probably how I would deal with the Order too Drakus. Im on the same page with ya.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Felt guilty? Since when does killing video game people make you feel guilty? As I've said before, I am Dark. I harness my anger and forget my other emotions. Anger makes you superior, other emotions bring you down.

―Boba Fett

LOL, I've felt guilty when I killed innocent characters in games to, but only sometimes   tongue big_smile

But still, I don't think I agree with you Mandalore Hunter.  Not all other emotions bring you down, and anger gets you into trouble a lot more often then it helps anything

If you run, I can track you.  If you hide, I will find you.  If you fight, I will watch you fall......

My emotions have brought me down. Love being on top of it all. Anger helps me fight. It helps me surive, and that is why I'm drawn to the dark, because the Sith realized true power.

―Boba Fett

Ralin Drakus wrote:

That about sums me up as well.  I'm Light side at heart, just not in the same league as the Order.  Not sure I could deal with the Order as it existed in the Republic, and probably would have left at some point to wander the galaxy to fight evil in my own way..

That is very much the way that Luke trained his Jedi on Yavin. ( At least for part of it anyway.) He encouraged Jedi to pursue justice in what way they seemed fit.

I'm sometimes dark sider with my friend. tongue But as I said before, I'm light sider. smile

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]