76 (edited by SciFifreak90 Monday, October 27, 2008 10:34 am)

Re: Favorite band?

I personally find Dragonforce both epic and oddly badass, but to each his own, right?

Favorite band....that's a hard one, picking favorites just isn't nice.

Overall I think I'd have to say Rise Against, but if I could I'd have an enormous tie along with:

Disturbed (Mayhem Festival was insane, by the end of the mosh pit I was pretty bloodied up - I mean really, why is it always enormous guys with at least like 75 lbs on me?)
Bon Jovi
Foo Fighters
3 Doors Down
Breaking Benjamin
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Pillar
Metallica
Mudvayne

and probably a few more that don't come to mind....like Nightwish, might as well throw them in too.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

I Hate The Jonas Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Disturbed (Mayhem Festival was insane, by the end of the mosh pit I was pretty bloodied up - I mean really, why is it always enormous guys with at least like 75 lbs on me?)
Bon Jovi
Foo Fighters
3 Doors Down
Breaking Benjamin
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Pillar
Metallica
Mudvayne

and probably a few more that don't come to mind....like Nightwish, might as well throw them in too.

Pillar is very good.  You liked For the Love of the Game?  I hadn't really been in to them before but the new CD got me really started on them.

A band I really like is Disciple.  Good hard driving songs.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Well most of the time I dont follow bands, I just find songs I like and get them off of iTunes. But recently ive taken an liking to Linkin Park. So we'll se where that goes.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Linkin Park is great. I saw Project Revolution with Gunslinger and a couple of his friends, and I have to say they were amazing. On a separate note I never liked Chris Cornell before that concert, but there was just something about him live.

Hmmm never heard of 'um. cool

-Boba Fett-

Linkin Park made bleed it out, and what I've doe; which are popular songs.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

hmmmm....Skillets really good. Don't listen to Linkin Park though.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

ee-3 wrote:

I don't preticularly care who sings the songs. I just like listening to the music. neutral

EXACTLY!  There's VERY few artists out there, especially in fields other then country *but lately even there...* that have more then a couple songs I really like.  I love songs, Not singers

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Ralin Drakus wrote:
ee-3 wrote:

I don't preticularly care who sings the songs. I just like listening to the music. neutral

EXACTLY!  There's VERY few artists out there, especially in fields other then country *but lately even there...* that have more then a couple songs I really like.  I love songs, Not singers

GAH! you are not a singer then i take it. the voice is just another instrument if used well  can be great. its those that have perverted the art, like Britney Spears, that have led to song sounding like osik.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Why is Britney Spears so popular? Oh and I just finished writing my latest song. tongue

-Boba Fett-

Ralin Drakus wrote:
ee-3 wrote:

Pretty good point, but I like some songs from the way that the voice sounds. I don't care who sings it, as long as it sounds good to me. I'm no singer either, but you have to know something about it to know what's Osik, and whats truly good.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

I can't particularly sing well either. But I try, most of the time. tongue

-Boba Fett-

Si Titran wrote:

GAH! you are not a singer then i take it. the voice is just another instrument if used well  can be great. its those that have perverted the art, like Britney Spears, that have led to song sounding like osik.

I'm not sure what your point is.  If ANY insturment is off sounding to me, whether it be a guitar, drums, the style used, or Voice, I'm not going to waste my time listening to it. 

I'm not artistically minded, in that I don't listen to music because of what the singer claims he is revealing about his/her soul or whatever.  I listen to music that is pleasing to my ear and personal tastes in music, and that includes a LOT of work with no vocals at all.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Devil Girl wrote:

I like a lot of bands but the first band that I thought of when I opened this was Marillion (when Fish was with them) I have not heard much of their recent stuff) and it is not that I do not like the present singer but the songs that I know and think are great was when Fish was their singer big_smile

Agreed.

Ralin Drakus wrote:

I'm really getting into Godsmack.  All I had from them was 'I Stand Alone' when I bought the track to 'The Scorpion King,' which I LOVE!

Now I have their album 'Awake;' tis' good stuff   big_smile

Yes, good old Godsmack...I've been listening to a lot of their stuff again recently...Reminds me of the "good" old days. and by "good" I mean "bad".

I like Faith No More best at the moment, but Alice In Chains, Megadeth, Godsmack, Rush and Faith No More are my main favourites.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

ah, man, haven't listened to Godsmack recently.

been pouring over Muse lately.

Led Zepplin is by far my fave band. They can do any type of music

Church... when I die I want you to have my orange juice!

Muse and Led Zeppelin are good.

Hey Jaerog, what do you prefer early Zeppelin (I-IV) or later Zeppelin (Houses of the Holy and onwards)?

I've got I-IV and Houses of teh Holy, I was wondering whether I should continue and get Physical Graffiti or whether it's radically different.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

I love Kanjani8!  They're so cool!

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.

Skillet, Rascal Flatts. I like others, but those are two of very few bands that have put out a TON of good songs.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

I listen to a lot of industrial music. My number one favorite band by far is called Skinny Puppy. I really dig the Vancouver electronic music scene. Not a lot of people know the bands I am into though so it's not often that i can share my musical interests.

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

I've actually been listening to a LOT of 3 Doors Down lately..... I think my favorite genre would have to be alternative rock right now, mostly because 3DD and Stained are thrown into that field.

3 Doors down is good; Kryptonite was my favorite song until the latest album came out, then "It's Not My Time" took the title - that's some epic **** right there.

Staind is pretty good too. I usually listen to them when I'm not feeling so hot; they just seem to have a darker mood to most of their songs.

Right on SciFi

Both those 3DD songs are in my top list from them, and I feel the exact same way about Stained.  'Outside' and 'It's been a While' are my top 2 from them.

I also just discovered Kerli's song 'Love is Dead'.  Kinda random throwing it in with the other stuff mentioned, but I love it to death.  Except for 'Bullet Proof', which is pretty good, the rest of the album falls to ok or average.  Also listening to some Three Days Grace lately.....

Ac/dc