Re: KOTOR I & II discussion thread

LOL so I am not the only one doing things in a different way wink

LOL I am having fun with KOTOR, I decided that I would go to an earlier save in the game as there was something that I had not managed to do. I got to speak to Gadon and he would not speak to me so after an age of locating where my laptop had put the save files I transfered them to my computer to talk to Gadon before transferring them back to the laptop to compete in the race.

So at least I am able to still play it on my computer to get the advantage of the bigger screen but able to complete the sections that my system does not like big_smile

Edited to add: I am getting on really well with KOTOR and I am so much enjoying it big_smile I decided to do it in a different order this time. After I went to Tatooine I went to Koriban and the to Kashyyyk. I am on Manaan now big_smile It is getting very exciting now big_smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

YAY!  Good that you can play!  It's too fun a game to just sit on your shelf   big_smile

If you run, I can track you.  If you hide, I will find you.  If you fight, I will watch you fall......

Yeah oddly enough i just started it again yesterday. I wish we could refine some of the graphics and such but its still great.

Random thought....... And im sure theres an answer out there already... but DARTH Revan wears that mask. (part of that had to be for the game's plot to be convincing) but it looks very Mandalorian to me. Did Revan take it from the Mandalore he defeated? Or did he fashion it from it, or base it off the visage of a Mandalorian?

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Thank you Kelborn big_smile it is indeed a really funky game.

Very good Si Titran, how are you getting on?

The graphics still look really good for how old it is, I know what you mean though. It would be nice to see them updated. I really hope they do KOTOR 3.

I have done really well and I am at the final battle (I just loved the romance with Carth) but oh my goodness the last battle is so, so tough. LOL I wonder how long it will take me to find a way of beating Malak.

Edited to add:

I could not get past Malak so for now until I decide to ahve another go at him I have started playing KOTOR II.

I do with that with the final battles in games there could be an option to make it easier for those that do not really want a really tough fight.

I started KOTOR II from the start again. I originally thought that the character in KOTOR II was the same from the first one but now I know that it is not I have created her to look different and of course have a different name.

I am really enjoying it so far.

55 (edited by SciFifreak90 Monday, November 3, 2008 6:49 pm)

I had the same problem. For probably an hour I killed the regenerating droids before figuring out what I was supposed to do, but I eventually wrapped my thick head around it and moved on. Malak though....ugh, annoying as hell. I left my save right before him and after a few fruitless tries never went back to it.

Beat Kotor II though.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Malak is easy to beat. Just make sure you have life drain and use it on the jedi like he does.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

Problem was I was light side.

I played KOTOR II today. Now I'm in Iziz's battle and I'm fighting against Master Kavarr. smile

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Problem was I was light side.

I did it on my light side too. Its reallyh the only force power you need against Malak, and I thibk Force Points are regenerated too.

―Boba Fett

Well I didn't know what his tactic was when I went to fight him, so I never got the life drain power.

heheh, same here...I had it just in case I ran out of medpacs though. Same for my lightside profile.

―Boba Fett

62 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:58 pm)

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Well I didn't know what his tactic was when I went to fight him, so I never got the life drain power.

Do you keep Malak from useing the dead jedi's life points?

Cus if you dont then...theres your problem.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Thank you for the tip Mandalore hunter. I did not have that skill but fortunately I have got an old save (I saved at the start of being stranded on the planet near the star forge and I am level 19) so I should be able to get the skill then)

Hehe I made sure that I had plenty of saves from various points in the game big_smile

It would be such a shame to get so close to the end without actually finishing it.

On KOTOR II I am on Nar Shadaa. It is a big place.

Devil Girl wrote:

On KOTOR II I am on Nar Shadaa. It is a big place.

Are you dark or lightsider? If you're dark, Hanharr will join your party, if you are light, Mira will join your party. I like Mira's rocketlauncher. It's awesome. big_smile

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

In both games I am light side F3tt, that sounds fun though big_smile

LOL, I gained the skill but the first time that I used it (to test it) I got a dark side point. I was basking in a light glow due to being so light sided but alas I am glowing not so brightly now. Ahh well if it means that I can have a better time at beating Malak.

Sorry to ruin your lightside-edness. Malak is eay to beat as long as you have that power, just try not to go after the same Jedi he does...my glame glitched when I did, and he would stop; you couldn't fight him, he couldn't fight you.

―Boba Fett

67 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:22 pm)

LOL

that sucks.

Anyway, i prefer to be darkside cus i get alot more cash and get to by lots of cool toys to play with.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Nest time I play KOTOR from the start, I will get that skill earlier in the game so I can get my pure lightside character in the end big_smile

LOL Mandal, I do not know why but I can only play dark side for a short time. I just like being nice in that game and I like flirting with Carth so it is worth being a lightsided character.

I have not been able to play them much as I have been so busy but hopefully I will get some time on it tonight.

You know I haven't been able to do a dark side on any of them. My guy looks wired...

Hehe I am glad that I am not the only one who cannot play a darksided character big_smile

Hehe, you will have to get a screenshot so we can see your character.

Well, heck I got rid of 'em. Wish ya would've  let me know before now

LOL Karson big_smile you will have to see if you can get them back then wink

NAH, I beat the game so....

Hehe Karson big_smile

I am back to fighting Malak again. Thankfully though after rejecting Bastila's attempt at turning me to the dark side I am now basking in a beam of light in my portrait. I have tried the draining thing. It worked but the fight is still tough. I really do not like the last fight of the game. I wish there was a way of making it easier.

Well, it harder that it looks