Re: Aylin Vel

I have a few things to say:

First of all, Boba is very moral and honorable and as such would never just walk out on his family. The only thing that could make him do that was if the girl was cheating on him, in which case he'd shoot the other guy and maybe even the girl too.

Second, Boba is very moral and honorable and has a self control many people can't even dream of having, and would never "have a soft moment" or "go weak" or "have a moment" around any people. (maybe when he's alone he lets his guard down a bit, but never around others.

Third, yeah, Boba wouldn't kill his family.

Fourth, Aylin's not hot. You guys are weird. o_0 I think she's one of the ugliest people I've ever seen.

Fifth, Boba doesn't get drunk. He's moral as I've already said. As for being drugged, Sintas would have to be close to him indeed to drug his food or water storage.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

If you check out the Wiki profile they actually have  a pic of the model Joe Corroney based the portrait on.  She's pretty cute.  I think the only reason he might have left his family is to protect them from his enemies, maybe?  Still, it makes you wonder what could have been, if he had trained Ailyn Vel.  That would have been some family team, seeing that Sintas was a hunter, too.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Sadriel_Fett wrote:

I think the only reason he might have left his family is to protect them from his enemies, maybe?  Still, it makes you wonder what could have been, if he had trained Ailyn Vel.  That would have been some family team, seeing that Sintas was a hunter, too.

I do agree with you on that.

You hear that Sev, someone thinks I'm excellent-Scorch
Well that makes two of you-Sev

WHY!?!?!?!?!? NOOOO!!!! Its not right!!!! Boba...........isnt...............*Sigh*.......I give up......:|

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Whoa...this is definitely all news to me.

I completely agree with Miba...not only would Fett not walk out on his family, he'd probably go to great lengths just to avoid having a family.

Satan gave me a taco.

I'm not sure what else to say about this one--it was news to me a couple of months ago.  I don't like the idea much either, but then again, I don't know much about Ailyn's character yet...is there anything else about her other than on Wiki? (thanks for the link btw--whoever posted it, I forget now..)

From what we read in Insider 86, it would be unlike a Mando to just walk out on his family, BUT I agree he might not even want a family in the first place, and maybe if he did walk out, it was to protect them.  I can see just about everyone's point of view on this.

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

Have any of you heard of Johnny Cash's song "A Boy Named Sue?" I think that is why he left Ailyn (to toughen her up).

take it easy baby take it as it comes

108 (edited by FettFan79 Thursday, July 6, 2006 3:58 pm)

Yeah, I've heard of that song... lol

Well, I didn't even meet my dad til I was 18---can say I'm easily a tomboy!  It was just mom and me, so she was mom and dad to me--didn't have a man around much, except for grandpa when we moved closer to family. 

It depends I guess---some girls become "daddy's girls" and some go the tomboy route with or without a dad.  I know if I had known my father earlier in life, I would have probably been a "daddy's girl" since he and I have so much in common.

Boba could have taught Ailyn his trade if he wanted (as someone mentioned earlier....) but I can also see what you mean by "toughening up" by his absence.

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

True Warrior wrote:

WHY!?!?!?!?!? NOOOO!!!! Its not right!!!! Boba...........isnt...............*Sigh*.......I give up......:|

TW

No, TW! NO! Never give up!  Stand strong!  Fight, man, fight!

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

110 (edited by SabreMandalore Friday, July 7, 2006 5:37 am)

Anyway I don't see the big fuss over the fact Boba was married and had a child. He is a MAN after all. He can't ignore certain calls of nature.  big_smile

I would just like to read more about this...this info is for sure canon?

This info is deffinately not for sure canon, Fettfan. And if the only place you can find information about it OL is wiki, then that's a sure sign that it's probably not canon at all. Wikis lie, never trust them for sure, not until you can confirm it at a different source.

Yes, Boba's a man, but not just any man. He's Boba Fett!!!

I doubt Boba would leave any kid of his to "toughen them up". I always pictured Boba as being sorta protective, so I think he'd want to be around while they're growing up.

YES!!!! big_smile Free cheers for no Aylin!!! Hip hip!!! YAY!!!!! big_smile

TW

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Aiylin is actually mentioned on other Star Wars fansites, she must be pretty well-known.
Oh and check http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ailyn_Vel

Yes, but as Miba said before, Wiki's lie big time. They cant be trusted.

TW

116 (edited by draco fett Saturday, July 8, 2006 11:05 am)

Someone already posted that link. Wikis do lie, but not everything on them is false (save Uncyclopedia, which is a dis-information site). I am pretty sure that everything on that Wookieepedia about Ailyn is from "History of the Mandalorians," or "Clans of Boba Fett."

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Miba wrote:

I doubt Boba would leave any kid of his to "toughen them up". I always pictured Boba as being sorta protective, so I think he'd want to be around while they're growing up.

Yes, I can see that a little more easily than him up and leaving.

I know I'm new to this and all but I have taken the time to try read up on this as much as I could. Now to put in my two cents! ^_^

Since Ailyn was mentioned in the history of the mandalorians, I accept her as canon. However, do not think that I would care if it was reconed so Jodo or someone else was her father.

With that said here is a brief outline of something I think would be a desent explanation.

What I've read said Boba had his little family sometime between the ages of 17 and 21. Well if we put it closer to 17, then he's still fairly young and hasn't quite become the guy we all love just yet. For some reason that can be defined by an author he decided or was forced or whatever to wed Sintas and have Ailyn. But then Boba's enemies learned of this. In an effort to keep his family safe he left them without telling them where or why. For their own safety. It could even be mentioned that the bounty Sintas was after when she was killed was just a trap to hurt Fett's family not knowing he'd left them or something. Boba's way of getting over what he'd just done (leaving a child fatherless as had happened to him) was to become colder and harder than before. He even began to view relations with the opposite sex as a weakness then because enemies could use and exploit them.

Anyway that's about it. What do you guys think?

There's only one Return, and it ain't of the King... It's of the Jedi.

Well said! wink

Thanks. This is just one of those things I accept; though, I don't have to like it. I just tend to accept all things canon in order to fit into the SW community at large. I really wish they would fix/change things. At the very least, make a Fett-esque reason for his leaving them.

Well, in my Spiderman graphic-novels there are sometimes unexplainable things going on.

But what you just said, Mandalor_the_smart_Alec, is the most likely candidate.

I just hope they make it a good enemy. Not just Bossk is miffed again and acting like a whiney pansy.

I like your explanation there, Mandalor Smart Alec--that's something I can live with too lol

If I must accept anything about them, I'd accept that version of it. But only as a last resort against some far more horrible explenation.

The upcoming book Bloodlines is supposed to talk about Fett's family some. One thing I read said something about children. Maybe it will reveal something...