Re: the greatest SW mystery of all...

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:
Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

Why did the Ewoks destroy the 501st in ROTJ?

Why was no one protesting the use of 10-year-olds, to fight a war, during episodes 2-3?

Because Ewoks kick plastic armored @$$

And because no one knew

Oh yeah!

Ralin Drakus wrote:

LOL Bubba Fett!  Yeah, Palpy's offer never seemed all that juicy to me, either.  And his offer to Luce sucked even more, but see my question at the end of this post; maybe it did make sense after all.

Why is the ENTIRE army of the Republic made out of clones? Is there not a single person in the rebublic willing to fight?

There are non-clone stormtroopers; play the old PC stratagy game Force Commander.  In the intro your character Brenn Tantor starts as a Stormtrooper, but you play him as a newly promoted Imperial officer.

Was Palps really going to kill Luke at the end of Ep. VI?  Or was he playing with his mind as Malak did to Bastila at the end of KotOR?

Actually I said 'Republic' not 'Empire'.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Ralin Drakus wrote:

LOL Bubba Fett!  Yeah, Palpy's offer never seemed all that juicy to me, either.  And his offer to Luce sucked even more, but see my question at the end of this post; maybe it did make sense after all.

Why is the ENTIRE army of the Republic made out of clones? Is there not a single person in the rebublic willing to fight?

There are non-clone stormtroopers; play the old PC stratagy game Force Commander.  In the intro your character Brenn Tantor starts as a Stormtrooper, but you play him as a newly promoted Imperial officer.

Was Palps really going to kill Luke at the end of Ep. VI?  Or was he playing with his mind as Malak did to Bastila at the end of KotOR?

Actually I said 'Republic' not 'Empire'.

Sorry, I was combining the two.  In that case:

Why are there people willing to volonteer for the Empire's army and NOT for the Republic's?

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Lol

cujo wrote:

Who are SW version of zombies?
a. Tusken Raiders
b. Band Gora
c. Yuuzhan Vong
d. other

...and why?

Rakghouls from KOTOR, because they used to be people, but now they are mindless monsters who feed on people.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Jesse Fett wrote:

Who really shot first? Solo or Greedo?

I prefer it when Han shot first but George decided to change it for some reason changed it so that Greedo shot first (even though there should have been no reason why he should miss)

I really think that he should change that scene back to the original scene.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

I did not realize there was a question there. Although it would seem just like an incompetent noob such as Greedo to miss.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

In my re-release I have the 1997 version it shows Greedo firing first.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Yeah Greedo did fire first because you can see a blaster bolt to right of Han's head

But that is how it plays out in the special editions. In the very orignial.. the one that eveyone saw in 1977 is ambiguous. I have that version as well as the special editions. There really is no visable shot from Greedo. If you read Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina it details how much of a n00b Greedo is. I can't remember if there it mentions who shoots first, but I know it was was released in 1995, which was before the SE. So that might be a factor.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

How is Anakin "redeemed" to the Light Side of the Force by simply deciding to kill the Emperor over his own son?

Vader killed BILLIONS of people. He murdered a whole planet for cryin' out loud! How can Anakin possibly be redeemed by one simple act after all the atrocities that he had committed over the decades?

All this death and destruction was necessary for Anakin to "bring the Force back into balance"?

"Reality is a nice place to visit... but I wouldn't want to live there."

BUBBA FETT wrote:

He murdered a whole planet for cryin' out loud!

Actually he did not. Tarkin did that.

I understand what you mean though.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Devil Girl wrote:
BUBBA FETT wrote:

He murdered a whole planet for cryin' out loud!

Actually he did not. Tarkin did that.

I understand what you mean though.

well, he wasn't exactly pleading with Tarkin  NOT blow up Alderan  tongue  Also I'm pretty sure  he murdered several other planets in the EU.  Not sure how many, but one was the Faleen *spelling* homeworld; that's what Zixor *spelling...again*  hated Vader so much

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

By the middle of Episode III, why hasn't Anakin decided to just blow off the whole "Jedi / Sith / You are the Chosen One" crap, and joined the Pod Racing circuit instead?

Where would the Jedi Council's and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's precious little scemes be then?

Did Sev die?

41 (edited by sola'lor Monday, April 28, 2008 4:25 am)

How does destroying all the Sith and leaving only Jedi bring balance to the force? Doesn't balance mean an equality of opposing forces?

I aggree with you 100%

It never specified when the balance would be achieved.  If you think about it it coul have been in Episode 4 the prophecy was half fulfilled.  2 Jedi and 2 Sith.  Balance.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

sola'lor wrote:

How does destroying all the Sith and leaving only Jedi bring balance to the force? Doesn't balance mean an equality of opposing forces?

They certainly do not make that clear. What KIND of balance are they talking about anyway. That is a mystery.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Sev Fett wrote:

2 Jedi and 2 Sith.  Balance.

That's pretty much how I've always viewed it... Balance is attained when only "Master" Yoda and "Apprentice" Obi-Wan are followers of the Light Side and "Master" Palpatine and "Apprentice" Vader are followers of the Dark Side. Although, in the DVD commentary for Episode III, Lucas states that he disagrees with this notion, and that "balance" is acheived in Episode VI, when Vader once again becomes Anakin and kills the Emperor.

The Destruction of the Sith brings balance to the Force.

I don't get it, but that's what the man says...

Sharra Fett wrote:
sola'lor wrote:

They certainly do not make that clear. What KIND of balance are they talking about anyway. That is a mystery.

It IS a mystery, as even Yoda himself in Ep. III mutters that perhapes the prophecy was missinterpreted. 

What I want to know is HOW THE HELL the fist thought 'Balance' sounded like a good idea and why.

Well the biggest mystery to me is the Force...
It never really is explained, which is good; more food for the imagination.

Life is complex-It has both real and imaginary components.

Mereel wrote:

Well the biggest mystery to me is the Force...
It never really is explained, which is good; more food for the imagination.

True in the movies it is never given more than a few lines of explanation. I think part of that was deliberate so that way the force can mean different things to different people. And can be used differently by different force adepts int eh Star Wars galaxy.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

reasons ewoks may have beaten imps inb eppy 6
1. ewoks got them by surprise
2. george lucas may have rigged it
3. there were more ewoks there
4. AT-STs arne't very well used to the forest
5. luck

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

revan07 wrote:

2. george lucas may have rigged it

Under statement of the year.