Re: The War in Iraq II

Don't you know what nuclear weapons DO?! Nuclear fallout does not just stay in one country. It does not stop at the boarders. Radiation will travel a very long way. Not only will it affect nearby countries, it will affect countries a long ways away. People will get cancer. CANCER IS BAD. Didn't you ever hear of Cherbonyl? Radiation traveled from eastern Europe in what is now Ukraine all the way to Canada. Imagine what multiple nuclear attacks will do? And modern nuclear weapons made during the Cold War are FAR more potent then the ones dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The people who don't die immediatly in the blast, will die of radiation poisoning shortly afterwards. Those who don't die of radiation poisoning will get cancer, which is BAD. Not only will human life loss will be substantial, ALL animals in the affected areas will die for the same reasons as well. And plants! And the water? Contanomated? And where do the two major rivers in Iraq eventually end up? Thats right, the ocean. Ocean life will be affected as well. And the people who don't die from cancer or radiations? They will be out for our blood. You think the world hates us now? Drop some nukes and see what people say about us after that. THAT is why you are sick.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

Don't you know what nuclear weapons DO?! Nuclear fallout does not just stay in one country. It does not stop at the boarders. Radiation will travel a very long way. Not only will it affect nearby countries, it will affect countries a long ways away. People will get cancer. CANCER IS BAD. Didn't you ever hear of Cherbonyl? Radiation traveled from eastern Europe in what is now Ukraine all the way to Canada. Imagine what multiple nuclear attacks will do? And modern nuclear weapons made during the Cold War are FAR more potent then the ones dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The people who don't die immediatly in the blast, will die of radiation poisoning shortly afterwards. Those who don't die of radiation poisoning will get cancer, which is BAD. Not only will human life loss will be substantial, ALL animals in the affected areas will die for the same reasons as well. And plants! And the water? Contanomated? And where do the two major rivers in Iraq eventually end up? Thats right, the ocean. Ocean life will be affected as well. And the people who don't die from cancer or radiations? They will be out for our blood. You think the world hates us now? Drop some nukes and see what people say about us after that. THAT is why you are sick.

I don't think he quite grasped the whole concept. What would be sick was if someone knew that and said that everything that suffers deserves it. A misunderstanding (or lack of understanding) should not be filed as "sick".

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

53 (edited by Sev Fett Saturday, February 7, 2009 12:36 am)

Again as it has been said here before but nuking them all would be stooping to their level.  What puts us above the cowards is our kindness towards prisoners.  And I say kindness in a loose sense not referring to some treatment but to the fact that they are all alive and fed and have their basic needs taken care of.  Blowing them up is exactly what they want us to do.  There are too many to completely wipe them out and like MH said, they would be viewed as martyrs and their media outlets like Al Jezeera would turn the entire Muslim world against the Western World. 

You may think dropping bombs on them would work because it worked with Japan.  That is a huge mistake.  The Japanese care for their people.  When such widespread damage was caused they realized resisting further would mean even more death for their people.  The Muslim extremists don't care for their innocents going as far as using civilians as shields.  They encourage sectarian violence.  These people would not stop if their country was nuked.  So again please think before you make such wild allegations.

EDIT:  I realize why that felt like deja vu.  Karson had said the same thing earlier on in this topic and I had responded with what I said now.  tongue  I suggest you go back and read that.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Omg! I Was Joking The Whole Time Anyways!!!!!!! Lolololol!!!!!!!! Yes< I Know That Is Totally Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.

The funny thing is, Tojo declared he was prepared to send the whole country of Japan to the front lines basically in order to keep the fighting going. He didn't really care for the people, but after Fat Man, had no choice to surrender.

Also, in 10th grade, I did a research paper on the Atomic Bomb droppings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. People from over fourteen miles away from either city felt the effects of radiation poisoning. They also had strong winds that blew down houses and destroyed crops.

It certainly didn't sound like a joke. Even if you were, its a terrible subject to joke around with! I'm not laughing, thats for sure.

Me neither...It seems like everything I say in the past year is taken wrong! Even my hero(Yes I know. He's a really good concessions stand manage in his 60's) told the Higher-Ups that he didn't want me to work in his stand anymore. I know it was probably because of something I said that sounded bossy or maybe because I was the unlucky one to make the first mistake of the day!

I dunno. It seems like if all I can do anymore is make mistakes, I don't even have a purpose in life. I CAN"T SAY ANYTHING RIGHT!!!

Just think about what you type in the future. Read it over. Does it sound appropriate? Or is it in bad taste?

I try to read everything at least twice, if not thrice. I still hate my life though.

You're fourteen, right? Everyone at that age hates their life for one reason or another. Its a stage. Very rarely is it not. In a few years it'll be over.

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

You're fourteen, right? Everyone at that age hates their life for one reason or another. Its a stage. Very rarely is it not. In a few years it'll be over.

Not everyone hates their life at that age.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
&#8213;Boba Fett

I've hated my life since I was ten. I'm not a normal teenager. I don't like music that much, I don't have friends, I don't play sports, I don't play video games, I don't watch TV or go to the movies, I hate driving, and I don't give a rip about fashion or trends. I wear American and German BDU's(Battle Dress Uniform), I like shooting stuffed animals with foam rockets, and I can't stand anyone under the age of about 25.(accept those under 7).

Normal, abnormal, most everyone reaches a "I hate my life" phase before they reach High School. I think puberty and those brand new hormones have something to do with it. Eventually your body will adjust and then you'll go "Oh, life doesn't really suck that much at all". Unless, something really IS wrong with your life.

Well I'm not normal then tongue

P.S. Seco - If you thought that this is funny, GTFO.

I never said I think atom bombs are funny! They kill people. It's wrong!

66 (edited by Fett_II Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:46 pm)

Seco Fett wrote:

Well, if there weren't so stinking many civilians...I"D SAY BLOW THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO KINGDOM COME!!!!!!

Seco Fett wrote:

Omg! I Was Joking The Whole Time Anyways!!!!!!! Lolololol!!!!!!!! Yes< I Know That Is Totally Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is, you ridicule Valthonin and I in the Religion thread for being racist, yet you call the Middle Eastern people "stinking many civilians". Whether you believe it or not, the Middle Eastern people laugh at everyone for their obsession with hygiene, and they actually feel no need to shower or clean themselves as often. Quite smart if you ask me.

I didn't mean it like that! I give up, my life is pointless!

68 (edited by tachyonblade Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:46 pm)

Seco Fett wrote:

I've hated my life since I was ten. I'm not a normal teenager. I don't like music that much, I don't have friends, I don't play sports, I don't play video games, I don't watch TV or go to the movies, I hate driving, and I don't give a rip about fashion or trends. I wear American and German BDU's(Battle Dress Uniform), I like shooting stuffed animals with foam rockets, and I can't stand anyone under the age of about 25.(accept those under 7).

Man, I hated sports as a teen, and still do, I have almost no friends, I don't play any video games, no movies at the theater. I watch the cartoon network almost every waking hour because I relate to cartoons more than "real" life and I'm 38 WTF! I'm 38, when did that happen?

Anyway, please try to look inside yourself and see what is there that is positive and good. It is so f...ing hard to do in this day and age but you need to try. There are probably a bunch of really cool things about yourself that you have never realized.  As for saying stuff you regret...well, there's not a human alive who has not done that a billion times. And if they so otherwise they are not being honest with themselves.

I have screwed up my life sooo many times by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. I have f...ed up really great paying jobs. I used to work for Ralph Lauren and I made really great money, but, like you, I don't really care that much about fashion and one of my bosses overheard me saying as such one day and the next thing you know I was out the door. I then turned around and did the same damn thing with another fashion company who payed me even more! You would think that at 37 I would have been smart enough not to make the same mistake. It does not matter what age you are. People of all ages are equally capable of saying stupid things.

But relating it back to the topic...I think this shows the frustration facing many of the world's people and why, as I am always harping on in on the evolution thread, it's just not smart to see things in an essentialist way. After reading every post on this topic I think it is really obvious that the discourse over terrorism, religion and nationalism is complex. I know that's an obvious statement but a lot of people in the world view things from a much more simplistic perspective and they think they have it all figured out, again, like on the evolution thread.

War has been a part of human life for as long as, if not before, we have been human. Killing and fighting for one thing or another has always been with us. Early on, not unlike today, the chief purpose for engaging your neighbor was resource control, Then it was a dead mammoth, now it's oil. Is it genetic? I don't know, trying to stay alive is probably genetic though. Today the world is much more complex and modern communication has intensified the process of semiotic confusion. The best example of this is what we do here. With email etc. there is no tone of voice and since we are all still working on paralanguage usage such as lol etc. it is really easy to take things the wrong way and the chance for miscommunication increases as the threads get longer.

I am babbling now...anyway...long-story-short, if we get confused or misrepresent something expressed through an internet message board just think how difficult it is for people who lost a loved-one during 911, or for someone who lost their son during a rocket attack in Israel, to understand the mind of the U.S. president or of Islamic militants. This is a crazy mixed up cruel world we live in so we should all try to be nice to each other. (I know, I know it sounds like a Hallmark!)

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

BFFC Admin wrote:

Jesse Fett, please consider going beyond asking the BFFC community regarding serious issues. Ask your parents, teachers, and peers or quickly search Wikipedia.org or Google/Yahoo/etc. or anywhere elsewhere for that matter when you have such questions.

I hate to double post but I could not agree more with what Aaron is saying here, not only on this topic but when dealing with anything of a sensitive or complex nature.

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

yeah. thanks. friend. smile

A person that wasn't thinking wrote:

Well, if there weren't so stinking many civilians...I"D SAY BLOW THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO KINGDOM COME!!!!!!

Sorry to double post. Like I said, I wasn't thinking, meant it as a joke to lighten things up(that really worked well sad ), and now I'm sorry. Everybody happy now? (please)

I think the War in Iraq is absolute BS. As much as I hate al-Queda, and I want to rip Osama's guts out with my bare hands, I think keeping troops in Iraq is pointless. I agree that we should have definitely knocked off Hussein like we did, but then we should have pulled out. The problem is, war = MONEY. The only problem is, that money costs lives. Cheney and his buddies own several companies that equip and support the military, so the war is making all of them money. Also, the fact that Iraq has a lot of oil helps too. It's obvious that the only reason we stayed in Iraq was so Cheney's friends could keep making money.

For example, a company manufactured a virtually unpenetrable body armor called Dragon Skin. This could withstand AK-47  7.62x39mm cartridges at point blank range, as well as frag grenade shrapnel. The current military-issue body armor (the company is owned by one of Cheney's friends) cannot. The military, however, said that the Dragon Skin armor "failed" in their testing. Um, hello? Obviously a lie. Actually, Generals in the army who get to pick their equipment use Dragon Skin, knowing that it is superior to the other body armor.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Cool info man! I want some Dragon Skin!

It does seem that we aren't doing much to help over there now, but if we pulled out now, whats to stop the bad guys from taking over again. Personally, I'm not sure what to think about the issue. I know several people who are over there, and yeah, war is costly, but as long as we're keeping them busy over there, they have less time to think about coming over here.(terrorists)

It's not our damn problem whether or not Iraq's government will become unstable again. We should pull out and focus our resources on, oh maybe the f'n economy or something. People are living in freaking tents! (And I'm almost one of them!) And this is the first instance where a country has gone into a recession and still maintain military superiority. Its ridiculous. I support the armed forces, but I don't think they are needed currently. We should at the most keep a smaller force in Afghanistan to completely root out and destroy Taliban and terrorist cells, but being in Iraq is just pointless.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Because if their government becomes "unstable", that's bad news for us along with all of Iraq's neighbors. We saw what happens when a country is unstable in WWII, with Nazi Germany. Surely we don't want that that to happen again mate!