Re: Ralin's Creations

Thanks Rev.  It just hit me how much your Av fits in with the last part of the poem; almost exactly what I imagined

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

27 (edited by Ralin Drakus Friday, September 12, 2008 1:06 am)

and FINALLY, some progress pics of what I have done so far with my armor.  Not as flashy as most others have posted; I havn't had the time *and just don't have the skill to do it well honestly*, but it's a nice start I think.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Ralin_Drakus/update16.jpg
Armor and assorted gear I plan to use

A closer shot of some items

Closer shot at the three cheast pieces

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Ralin_Drakus/update17.jpgShot of my still unpainted helmet  *painting that is next on my to-do list*

Second shot of my helm

And finally, a close-up of my gloves

That's about it.  I have a couple pairs of boots I have in mind to possibly use that I forgot to take pics of, but what you see here are the keys I've got in hand.  Will take more pics and post just as soon as I get my vest, gauntlets, and COD plate

Any thoughts/suggestions?

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

I envy it all...so awesome...

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

29 (edited by Ralin Drakus Friday, September 12, 2008 2:57 pm)

Thanks, I'm getting proud of it; wasn't sure I'd be able to stick with it

I haz an update already; my COD came sooner then I was expecting, so here it is. 

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 … date22.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 … date21.jpg

I'll post pics of my vest and gauntlets as soon as they arrive; they should take about a week still

Who pays enough attention to make thatse COD plates in detail?

―Boba Fett

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Here's a little something I came up with.  As it's a poem, I'll also post it in Si's thread.  Hope you enjoy!

Into the Light – A Mandalorian’s Fate

Into the light,
Under my proud Father’s eyes,
From my loving Mother’s womb,
I pass into the light of life

Into the light,
Of childhood’s first trials,
Out of my Mother’s care and into my Father’s protection,
Past are my toys and carefree existence,
New is my blaster and fresh is my first kill,
Down the path of manhood I begin

Into the light,
Of my armor’s heavy embrace,
My brothers cheer and my sergeants salute as the title Mandalorian becomes mine,
Clad in armor forged of ore from Mandalore’s heart,
The newest Mandalorian am I

Into the light,
Of the strange thing that is love,
My heart burns, yet it pains me not,
Never have I felt what I feel for her,
My soul flies high, yet I stand beside her
Into the warmth of love I enter

Into the light,
Of my first battle’s furry,
Many souls does my Basilisk claim as I descend into the glory that is war,
My Father’s lessons are clear and my aim is true,
Into the light of victory I march

Into the light,
Of failure’s stark chill,
Our wounded scream and my fallen brothers are mourned,
The battle is lost, and my soul is cold,
My first defeat is bitter indeed

Into the light,
Of war’s familiar pitch,
My battles are many, as are my scars, but I am still alive,
The blood of thousands is on my hands, and worlds fear my approach,
A Mandalorian Crusader am I

Into the light,
Of my body’s final breaths,
My strength is gone, and my eyes grow dim,
The grip of my son is firm, his gloved hand in mine,
A tear in his eye, he whispers to me,

Pass now, into the light my Father,
Your battles are many, and your Honor is great,
March now to the place far away,
And wait for me at Glory’s gate

One question: Do you write for a living? Because it seems like you could easily do so.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

32 (edited by Ralin Drakus Friday, September 12, 2008 10:03 pm)

Wow, that's a hell of a compliment.  Really glad you like the story

I don't, but that would be a dream job if I could support myself via writing.  If anybody knows any publishers, feel free to put in a good word for me   wink

Also, there's a slightly edited version of the poem there in Si's poetry thread; I think it's a little smoother reading then the one posted here.  Thnxs again  big_smile

good armor so far ralin

its really coming together

(i might just kill you for those gloves)
tongue

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

I can get you the ebay link where I got them; little less dangerous that way, as I might see you comin'   wink

Ralin, that stuff looks awesome...I might just hire Boba to kill you for all of it...

j/k

―Boba Fett

*UPDATE*

Starting work on my helm!  Here she is with a light silver coat and battle damage.  Black goes on next

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Ralin_Drakus/update31.jpg

Right Side

Wider Shot of Left Side

Looking awesome so far, Ralin wink

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Nice

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

almost as cool as me! jk

Thanks much for all the kind comments vode.  I finally got to work on my helmet, and here are some early updates.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Ralin_Drakus/update42.jpg

Frontal View

Other Side

Back View

I know some of the battle damage scars are kinda rough; more of the paint came off then i intended.  I plan to do a bit of touching up before everything is done. 

I was honestly tempted to leave the style as it is....black and silver are just sooooooooooo nice   wink  But my colors stand, and I'm gonna try to add the red to everything silver you see *besides the battle scars of course* next.

that's awesome, Ralin!

Carry on my wayward son!

Well, my baby here is starting to look VERY familiar.  Here's another helmet update:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Ralin_Drakus/update56.jpg

Front-Left Angle

Left Side

Back

Back-Right Angle

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Ralin_Drakus/update51.jpg

The visor looks weird because it's got tape over it to protect against scratches when fitting it in there like it is in the pics.  It's just sitting there, not fixed into position yet.

I was so anxious as I peeled all the tape away that I was getting the shivers; it's been almost totally covered in plastic and tape since I did the red parts, so I wasn't sure if there was a disaster waiting for me under there or what.  Was almost in awe of it when I finally got a good look...like my Av or the helmet of my FanFiction had been handed to me.  Awesome to really be progressing with My own personal armor

I'm FAR from done with the helm, as there's a LOT of little details that need to be fixed: little seams that didn't get painted at all, mistakes and overlaps that need to be lined back up, too much paint came up around the damaged areas, and things like that.  But I'm confident that the main battle is won as far as paint goes.  What I need to focus on now with the Helm is to attach the ears/antenna stalk *which I finally have   big_smile*, get some sort of liner inside, and the visor fixed into position

So the work goes on, but it's really satisfying to have an obvious advance in my work that I can look at  big_smile

Very nice Ralin! It looks great! Can't wait to see the final product.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

That's too awesome. Love the colours! big_smile

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

Thanks alot vode   big_smile

The paint isn't really permanent, as i was stupid and didn't wait to get a primer, so my paint isn't holding all that well.  I'll probably have to sand the whole thing and start over one of these days.  But in the short term I'm really proud of it, and it's really been a great learning experience, so it shouldn't be all that tough to do over when the time comes

Still waiting for my damn vest and gauntlets to arrive.....i think i better contact the seller if they don't show up this week.  If they do show up I'll post ASAP

Sanding the piece too would help the paint stick. Are you planning on having it stay that pristine?

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

WOW!!!

awesome job!!
cant wait for a full suit

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

That is really awesome! the colors look great!

Carry on my wayward son!

looks just like your avatar (i wonder why).

Very nice Ralin!  It does look just like your avatar!   big_smile

If you run, I can track you.  If you hide, I will find you.  If you fight, I will watch you fall......