Re: Republic Commando: Alpha Squad

*Thanks for the offer Mandal, but Rev and I set up another option before I saw your post.  I'd rather go Republic if I could, WV.  I plan to use my character's father from AoS; same armor, basically same character.  If I could be one of the training sergents who got moved up to being a in-the-field instructor/advisor, or was hired later for that purpose, that would suit me fine; maybe leading/advising your second squad if you're still going to make one.  Give me an in where you want me, Vod.  I don't really care, just as long as I'm in some action   big_smile *

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

sure. Yeah, you could be a Mandalorian Training Sergeant, maybe one junior to Skirata, or one who trained a separate batch. It would make most sense to have worked with Skirata, because you would know our squads better. But something like that. You work out the details. And if we get more people, I'll have a second. But we need 3 more for a full 2nd. Could tack more people on though. We'll finish the mission before adding you in, but you could be introduced to Valthonin's Jedi and be sent at the same time. That way you could get in sooner.

ok, lets get back to the story, now that that's ironed out.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Sounds good to me Vod!  If you get the extra people, I could lead/advise the new squad when it comes out, or I can join you guys after this mission.  Can't wait to join   big_smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Ok. I'd say, if you want to have your charry meet up with Valthonins Jedi, be introduced and told you'll both be working with Alpha, that would work. Help transition the next mission well.

But lets get back to the story, shall we. We've taken quite a detour.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Tracyn filled a duffel bag with a couple explosives, and took a sidearm, just in case.  He then left the hotel, duffel bag slung over his shoulder. Him and Psycho, eh?  Lovely.  While he didn't overly like the guy, he respected his performance on the batlefield.  And with us after them, the Seps stand no chance.  He grinned, and jogged to meet up with Psycho.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

81 (edited by Ralin Drakus Saturday, April 5, 2008 9:47 am)

Name: Konnor Drakus

Species: Mandalorian/Human

Occupation: Freelance mercenary, but has spent the last several years working as a sub-instructor for the Republic’s Clone Army under Kal Skirata; Follows a strict Honor code and will only accept missions/contracts that fit it

Loyalties: To his Clan and Clan Brothers/Sisters

Weapons: Heavy repeating blaster rifle; A cut down repeating carbine that he uses as a pistol *great rate of fire, but heat output is high; and a sniper rifle for 'special' jobs*
Gauntlet mounted weapons/gadgets include: Dart/Rocket launcher; mini-disintegrater; two wrist lasers, one in each gauntlet; A fiber-cord line with grappling hook for scaling/descending obstacles ; A two-prong retractable18 inch blades in right gauntlet (like those used in the Predator movies); Strength enhanced

Armor: http://cid-086a971ab6dab929.spaces.live … lideshow=0
Black Mandalorian armor over gray flight-suite; features half-cape *Kama*(like a Snowtrooper’s, but black on the outside and gray inside, made of heat-resistant materials to resist blaster shots)

Appearance:6’1’’; Heavy, strong build, but still fast and quick; Short military style cut dark brown hair

Personality: Super calm under pressure; Very blunt and to the point with outsiders; , soft spoken and gentle with Clan members and friends; Extremely protective of those close to him

Ship: Star Fire
As part of his payment for taking the contract to train the clones, Konnor accepted a prototype ARC-170 Heavy Recon. Fighter.  The advanced fighter had many features that never made it into the production model due to production cost.

The targeting computer was more advanced
The laser cannons were more powerful
Sublight engines and maneuvering thrusters were faster
Hyperdrive was of a higher grade, rated at .9   

Konnor also had the craft customized during his stay on Kamino.  He had the wingtip cannons linked to his primary weapons systems that were before controlled by a copilot, converted two of the craft’s six proton torpedo launchers into guided missile pods, he replaced the copilot’s position with a sleeping bunk, he ordered the armor plating to be replaced with a higher grade metal and thickened, replaced the two rear-firing single blaster cannons with a three barrel rotating laser mounted in a single turret and placed it under driod control, and converted the gunner’s space into extra storage room. 

Short History: Little is known about Konnor Drakus before he arrived on Kamino other then what he claimed; that he was a longtime mercenary based on the planet Mandalore.  He had no record with the Old Republic or in the Jedi archives before taking Jango's offer to help train clones, suggesting his absolute subtlety or that he worked almost exclusively in the Outer Rim and/or beyond. 

Kal Skirata is believed to have worked with him at some point in the past, and it’s been claimed that it was Kal who suggested to Jango that Konnor offered a position as a drill instructor for the Army of the Republic.  During the his time on Kamino, Konnor was known among the clones he trained as an iron fisted leader who never tolerating lapses in discipline or one who forgave mistakes lightly.  However, he was also known to often take moments to open himself to his pupils and share his experiences and thoughts with them freely, especially later in a platoon’s training.  Most of all, he was seen as a man who would never give up on a clone.  It is rumored that he thwarted several Kaminoan attempts to ‘weed out’ some of his platoon who were not meeting the cloner’s standards in emotional or behavioral ways. 

After the battle of Geonosis, he resigned as an instructor and returned to Mandalore and his wife for a shot period.

After several months, Konnor contacted the Jedi through the Kaminoan’s, offering his service as an officer in the Army of the Republic.  Called to Coruscant, he is given an assignment from Master Mace Windu himself…..

Powering up his sub-light engines, Konnor was surprised to receive a com so soon.  Hitting the proper switch, the image of Master Windu appeared….

”Welcome to Coruscant, Captain Drakus.  I’m afraid there has been a change in plans, and your stay will be limited.”

“I’m not here to take in the sights, general; what would you have me do?”

Mace narrowed his eyes slightly and Drakus's slight at the Jedi's rank.  ”Our original intention was to have you advise a new group of commandos that are being combined from squads that were diminished for it’s first mission together.  We have found that in some instances squads that are thrown together from depleted units do not always mesh well together.  It was felt that your presence, as the former instructor of some of these men, might better bring them together.  However, that can wait. 

“My mission now?”

[i]”A situation has developed on the planet Ord Mantell.  One of your former squads, Alpha squad, was sent there to assassinate a key Separatist leader.  Our monitoring the planet’s com frequencies indicates that Alpha Squad has been compromised, and their mission is in danger of failure.  All contact was cut with them as a matter of procedure, so the situation is not clear, but intercepted transmissions from Separatist forces indicates that the commando’s have been scattered.

“So I’m plan B, huh?”

”Correct.  Assist the clones if possible to complete the mission, but your primary goal is to see to it that the Separatist leader in question is eliminated; with or without Alpha’s help.  We are sending you our complete profile of the target now.  Also, we have learned that there is a Mandalorian leading at least part of the Separatist defenses.     

“Interesting…..I’m on my way.”

”A hanger has been cleared for you to land and re-supply ….”

“Not necessary.  I have a mission to accomplish…”

Master Windu leaned back for a moment, then nodded slightly.  So be it.  May the Force be with you, Captain.”

Konnor nodded back, then flicked off his com unit.  Making the course adjustments for another jump to lightspeed, he began to think back to Alpha and his time with them oh Kamino.  What went wrong, Kad?  No mission goes as planned, but to have yours blown open so soon?  I thought I did better then that…….or maybe I should have let the cloners ‘weed out’ Tal as they’d wanted to do.  The thought of Tal as his borderline crazy attitude brought back some amusing memories.  No, crazy he might be, but in a good way for the line of work he was bred for.  Guess I’ll just have to go see what went wrong…..

*This ok with everybody?  Can edit if needed.  Hope you don't mind me giving myself the rank, WV.  Thought it was fitting, higher then the clones, but still under the Jedi.  If this is good I'll arrive sometime soon*

its good. we're not totally scattered, but we have been compromised. After the assasination, we'll need to fight our way to a ship. but good work. AA's gone, right? how about Revan or Sev going next.

--Captain Dynamic--

83 (edited by closgamble Saturday, April 5, 2008 9:06 am)

Finnaly a republic commando rpg can i join

wait until next mission. We might form a second squad if we get enough. But make your character now, if you want. Just don't join yet. Too far in the mission for you to do anything.

Sev, Revan, someone go. I was only 3 ago

--Captain Dynamic--

85 (edited by closgamble Friday, April 11, 2008 5:14 pm)

Name:Rc-6879 "Ravage"
Faction:clone commando
Personality:Likes to crack jokes at the right time, but can be very assertive when it is needed.Is calm and collective under pressure.Envy's ARC becuase he was rejected on bring a ARC.
Apperenence:Wears commando battle armor in white. Has green hand print on helmet and both shoulders and chest.Has green legging.Helmet is shape as ARC .Has buzz cut black hair, has a young face.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_commando
Weapons: DC-17m Interchangeable weapon system, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:DC17m_rifle.jpg
Twin DC-14 hand blasters adjustable grip , and frag and reverse-polarity pulse grenades. He  has bandoliers and pouches for extra Spec Ops equipment,  extra ammunition.Also bomb with detinater for doors.

somebody didn't see the last post........

Or completely ignored it.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Well, gamble, save that for when the mission's over. AA, why don't you go--or Sev, or Revan--I was only a few ago.

--Captain Dynamic--

i understand i'm making my character now and starting to posting when you guys are done with your mission

"Right.  Back to my room."

Jag made his way back to his room and sat down on the bed.  Again he disassembled his deecee and meticulously began cleaning.  He had to admit it.  Jag was obsessive compulsive.  Quite a bit.  Clean and tidy was how everything should be done.  Besides nothing was going to go wrong if he had to take the shot.

((What time is it right now?))

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

night before the attack, say 0800 hours. The speach is at, I believe, 1000 hours, tomorrow. I'll transition to the next day when I go, in a post or two.

--Captain Dynamic--

( c'mon can more people post don't let this one die out )

(could I make another character? for use later? A mando commando?)

Tal knocked on Jag's door, he had just delivered the other ID to Kad, and he was delivering Jag's now.  He heard footsteps, and the door unlocked. It opened quickly and he was introduced to a blaster's barrel. He handed Jag his ID "Put it away, spaz." He then turned away and went back to his own room.  He stepped into his room and sat down in a chair, facing the window. He put his helmet on, and quickly fell asleep.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

(could I make another character? for use later? A mando commando?)

*Ditto on second character; would still like that sniper spot in the second squad (any idea what you'll call it yet?) if it's ok.  Will post as soon as I figure a way to land an ARC-170 on a Sep held world without drawing any attention………wish I’d thought of that before  tongue *

sounds good. AA, Ralin, go for it. We've got Gayliyli for a second. closegamble, and you, so 3 should be enough for a second squad. If we dont' get any more, I could make a second to finish the squad. And Ralin, you could hook up with the fighter pilots from the Indomitable, the capital ship that will pick us up, give us covering fire on the way out. or just meet us on it. Thats what Valthonin's doing.

ic: The Next Day, Ord Mantell Capital, 0830 hours:

"Alright squad. This is it. In just one and a half ours, its on. Psycho, Tracyn, have you laid the charges?"

"Yep. Just give the word, Kad."

"Psycho here. I'm tracking the Mando. He seems to be coordinating defenses at the target location. He's brought in SBD's, demo-droids, counter-snipers--the whole nine yards."

"Ok. Jag--when you take your shot, get you shebs out of there. Tracyn, see if you can hook us up with some transport--something fast. Blow the hangar at 1015 hours. Gayiyli, you're in the hotel across the street. They're sure to bring droids up at us, so give us some covering fire. We'll have another delivery speeder waiting, and we'll pick you up and haul out.

"Jag, don't get in position until 0945, at the earliest. Those counter snipers will be sweeping the rooftops. I'll call our buddies on Indomitable as soon as you take the shot. Oya, vod! Lets do this."

--Captain Dynamic--

"......so it seems the Jedi's fear that the mission had been totally compromised was not accurate.  Intercepted Separatist transmissions reveal that they've failed to kill or capture even one of our team.  Alpha is still very active and working to complete it's mission" concluded the operations officer.

Konnor studied every detail of the holo display, which was projecting a portion of the city; the target location being at the center.

"Prep my fighter for ground support.  If they complete their mission, they'll need cover from all the extra security in the area.  If they fail, I'll send a torpedo through the targets front window."

"Yes sir"

*Sorry to double post, but is this dead? 

I'd love to continue on, but if nobody else is up for it I think we should give FF a green light and make a go of that one.  If you don't know what FF is, you don't need to know............:P

they dont need to yet....looks like its dead so far. If anyone wants to keep it goin', I'd love that.

--Captain Dynamic--

I'm in, and I think Rev is to, he's been working on a post this whole time    tongue

obviously, I'd love for this to keep going. If it dies, I'll open FF.

--Captain Dynamic--