Topic: Republic Commando: Alpha Squad

as far as i know, there is no RepCom RPG. so here's a limited person RP where me and several others would be part of Alpha Squad. My charry is Kad, Mandalorian for Saber, and Kal Skirata was the squads training sergeant (unless most others want to change that). If we get enough people, we can start a second squad.

Kad is the squads sergeant, and we need a sniper, tech expert, and explosives expert. We will need to decide on a first objective. Any other vode who want to become a commando, here's the place. Oya!!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

2 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:41 pm)

Re: Republic Commando: Alpha Squad

Name: RC-1313 "Jag"
Squad Role: Sniper
Personality: He can be serious when needed but prefers to goof off.  Some of his drill sergeants said he joked around too much when he is blowing the head off a Geonosian in training.  But seriously, don't be on the end of his scope. 
Appearance:  Clone.  Tries to keep a clean shaven face.  ((Do we want armor to be coloured or be something like Omega's?))
Weapons:  DC-17m, favours the sniper attachment (duh, but of course he can use the other attachments). DC-15 side arm pistol.

Jag sat in the briefing room with his other members idly.  He was absent-mindedly cleaning his Deecee.  He would just ask Kad later about mission details.  Weapons were more important.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

ooc: you can customized your armor however you like, like delta's.

Name:RC-1312: "Kad".
Personality: Though informal squad sergeant, he is never aloof, and prefers to be just another brother to his squadmates. Enjoys jokes, and fun, but less so than Jag.  (sorry for the length, have to go.)
Appearance: Clone, clean-shaven and hair cut short to military regulations. Armor: Standard underneath, Mandalorian (bantha) skull splashed across left side of his armor (chest and side). Red slash across front and top of helmet, right shoulder pauldron  (sp).
Weapons: DC-17m, DC-15s sidearm, conc rifle.

Kad was just receiving the mission details over his HUD. It looked challenging, which was fitting for Republic Commandos like Alpha. (just 2 more people for Alpha)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

4 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Friday, March 14, 2008 1:04 pm)

Name: RC 1339, AKA, Tracyn (Mando'a for Fire)
Personaliy: Like his specialty, he has an explosive temper in battle, and a restrained temper during his off hours.
Specialty: Heavy Ordnance, Demolitions
Appearance:  Armour painted black, with deep green slashes going from both shoulders to his waist, making a sort of "V".  Other than that, he looks like a clone with longish hair.
Weaponry: E-Web (heheheh), grenades, detpacks, and other various explosives, as well as a small sidearm.

Tracyn leaned against the metallic bulkhead, deep in thought.  Their last mission had concluded, and he was anxious to get moving again.  Oh, how he loved the beauty of explosions in the afternoon sun....[i[sigh[/i]

((The Mandalorian skull is a Mythosaur skull, not bantha))

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

oops--randomly read bantha somewhere, and yeah, didn't make sense, btw. one more guy.

--Captain Dynamic--

6 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:48 pm)

Name: RC-1873 "Tal"
Personality: Deadly serious, though as very rare moments humor. Sanity questionable. Often mutters to himself., sometimes hums Vode An during a battle. For some reason has a belief that 'Red ones go faster' 
Specialty: Slicer, as a result has a slight explosives skill, more then the others but not as much as Tracyn
Appearance: Clone, a terminal exploded during his training, leaving his neck and chest covered in burns, keeps head shaved, armor is a dark grey, with blue shoulder plates and gauntlets. Has a red bullseye painted on upper right part of chest plate. Blue Kama with grey trimming
Weapons: DC-17m, with all attachments (And a red paint job), DC-15 side arm, grenades, Vibrokinfe, back up explosive charges.

RC-1873 called 'Tal' by his brothers stared down at the blue T-visor of his helm. It held a faint reflection of himself in it, aside from the scars, he was exactly the same as his brothers. He was not the same though, not some faceless automaton, made exactly the same as those around him. He was faster, stronger, better then the others, as were his brothers. He was not some product, made to live out his usefulness and die of old age in some retirement center. He was a warrior. He would die in a blaze of glory. He was a Republic Commando, numbered RC-1873 by his creators, he would die for the Republic, with his brothers.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

7 (edited by Werda Verd Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:19 pm)

ooc: hey, Mandalorian Assassin, I recognize the word "Tracyne" from Vode An, but what word is it? the order throws me off. Is is "fires"?

nau tracyne kad, vode an

anyways, we've got a full squad now, but if anyone else wants to join, they can join as an ARC, or we could form a second squad. oya, vode! lets get RPing!!

Oh, and Mandalorian Assassin, you need an ID number. RC----. you can pick one, or be RC-1314

ic: Kad finished reviewing their mission, and was about to brief his brothers when a beep indicating a new message sounded. He opened it, reading it. Good luck, Kad. You'll be fine on this next mission. Just remember your training, and I'll see you when you get back. ----Sgt. Kal. Good old Kal'buir--always remembering all his men. Kad turned to where the rest of Alpha was waiting.

"Alright--GAR high command has finally sent us on a fun mission. We're headed to Ord Mantell, to assassinate a key Separatist leader, and blow up anything we get a chance to take out. The insertion will be silent, but the extraction is up to us, and it'll probably be pretty hot. The Indomitable will be on standby out-system, ready to pick us up when we need them. Any questions?"

--Captain Dynamic--

"Assassinate? Sounds fun" Jag said patting his DC.

"Only for you, brother." Tal muttered. He wasn't as much of a sniping enthusiast.

"Well sorry if you don't enjoy putting a round through a target's head at 200 meters."

"I just don't want you to have all the kills."

"Your just jealous of my crazy mad skills."

"I can't be jealous of something that doesn't exist..."

Kad cut in "Thats enough of that. Any serious questions?"

"Security? I mean electronic and physical." Tal asked, he always enjoyed slicing into a mainfraim and playing hell with the security forces.

9 (edited by virulent_messiah Friday, March 14, 2008 7:01 pm)

Name: (Captain) Alpha-31 "Psycho"
Personality: "Work hardest, play harder..." He's all about getting things done and earning the right for some downtime. He knows that as an Alpha, he's the best. His success among his previous outfit, the Muunilinst-10,  has boosted his confidence in his skills.
Specialty: Infiltration, assassination, sabotage, all the nastier sides of the war people don't talk about.
Appearance: Jango Fett, with scar trailing down right eye, eyebrow to jawline. With his Buy'ce off he's always smoking a Dilnlexan cigar. Wears gunmetal grey ARC armor, a more advanced and versatile version of the Phase I armor, with red trim on the chest, command pauldrons, legs, and black kama. He has a periscope rangefinder attachment on the right temple of his helmet. His helmet also boasts The Jaing Eyes, an award for bravery in the line of duty, awarded after his actions serving alongside Captain Fordo and the Muunilinst-10.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/Virulent_Messiah/ARCAlpha-31_Psycho.jpg
Weapons: Chaingun, Twin DC-17 hand blasters, and frag and reverse-polarity pulse grenades. He also has bandoliers and pouches for extra Spec Ops equipment, including EMP grenades and extra ammunition. Has a wide assortment of throwing blades, and his trusty vibroknife.

Psycho stepped into the breifing room as Alpha squad's leader continued setting up their mission specs. He walked silently into the room, helmet tucked under his arm. With him trailed the heavily fragrant scent of his Dilnlexan cigar.

Glad I'm dating that girl from the Galactic Republic Trade Commission, he thought as he puffed out a particularly large smoke cloud.

"Don't tell me I'm late for the party, ladies..."

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

10 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:00 pm)

Name: RC-1967 "Gayiyli"
Personality: Highly intelligent, talks alot and is very competetive, dispite being a Smart-ass. He also seems to to try and make the best of the situation, dispite the way things are looking; and in spare time fixes/builds/customizes blaster weapons.
Specialty: Medic, Heavy Weapons
Appearance: Matte white/blue armor, customized helmet, cheekplates, and visor. Face wise, he looks like all of the other clones, with the exception of a deep scar across his nose and brow.
Weapons: ACP Scattergun, Merr-Sonn Munitions Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon, DC-15s Sidearm
_________________________________________________________________________________

Six-Seven stood behind Tal, making some final checks on his improved Z-6 Chaingun as Psycho strolled in like he's the General. "Don't tell me I'm late for the party, ladies..."

"Fierfek...not him..."

"This IS my signature."

Tal groaned inwardly as Psycho stepped into the room. He personally disliked ARCs, mainly Alpha ARCs. They had it drilled into them that they were the best, and they believed it. But did they single handedly destroy a CIS Core ship on Genosis? No. That was a Commando squad. The ARCs were regarded as some of the best, and they were, but the clone commandos did the same job, if not better.  Tal ignored Psycho's taunt, and clamped his Buy'ce on checking his weapons. He was ready.

Lord Revan wrote:

Name: RC-1967 "Gayiyli"
Personality: Highly intelligent, talks alot and is very competetive, dispite being a Smart-ass. He also seems to to try and make the best of the situation, dispite the way things are looking.
Specialty: Medic, Heavy Weapons
Appearance: Matte white/blue armor, customized helmet, cheekplates, and visor. Face wise, he looks like all of the other clones, with the exception of a deep scar across his nose and brow.
Weapons: ACP Scattergun, Merr-Sonn Munitions Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon, DC-15s Sidearm

Revan, if we get a few more, you can be part of a second squad. if not, we can just tack you on to our squad--say you lost yours on Geonosis. sound good?

ic: "Captain. I take it you've been added to our mission. This will change things, but we'll be glad to have your expertise."

Kad heard a snort over the squad's private frequency. He quickly switched to that line. "I know, I like this as little as you do. But we have no choice. I just wish they'd given us a Null. They're psychotic, but effective."

He switched back to the public channel. "As to security, its a high-ranking Sep Council Member, campaigning for Ord Mantell's support. They'll have droids as well as numerous private guards, I'm sure. Expect anything. I doubt Ord Mantell will have much in place, but we'll have enough to deal with on the Sep front. Also, General Jusik has asked us to give him a dream list of stuff we'll want for the mission. If anyone wants a shatter gun or bowcaster, now is the time to get it. Tracyn, if you need anything special, just ask. Anything else?"

--Captain Dynamic--

Psycho took another drag of his cigar, "Well, since you're in charge of this op, Sergeant. I'm gonna ask for a new chain gun. I didn't get a chance to requisition a new one when I got back from my op on Muunilist. My old one got fragged."

He smiled wickedly at the other Commandos, who obviously weren't happy about his arrival. It made him chuckle a bit, as he puffed out another cloud of cigar smoke.

14 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:55 pm)

((Yeah, just say his squad was killed on Geonosis))

"Well look at the bright side, at least that sheb-sucker isn't going to be with our squad..."

"...Captain. I take it you've been added to our mission. This will change things, but we'll be glad to have your expertise..."

"Fierfek, I spoke to soon..."

"This IS my signature."

15 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:31 pm)

"Ha....Well, since were on the topic of big guns....How about a LS-150 HACPRG? I like them kill lots of stuff with that bayonet..."

"Heheh, Sounds like something I would say." Gayiyli chuckled

"Psychos....." Jag muttered over the private comm.

"Be glad were on your side then." Tal said, slaming a magazine into his DC. "So when do we leave?"

"At 0800, tomorrow. I've already put in a request for two PLEX rockets, and a scope for my shatter gun (sorry i'm adding that.) Might come in handy. If that's all, grab some rack time, you'll need it."

ooc: next post either exit the room and stuff, or start out in our insertion vessel, a small cargo ship, unmarked, and small. Droid piloted, so zero-g. Fun)

--Captain Dynamic--

*would love to join this one, but I won't be posting much the next few days.  Should be back in action starting around the 25th, so if you open a new squad, WV, keep a sniper spot warm for me, will ya?   big_smile*

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

"At 0800, tomorrow. I've already put in a request for two PLEX rockets, and a scope for my shatter gun (sorry i'm adding that.) Might come in handy. If that's all, grab some rack time, you'll need it."

"Well said, Sarge," Psycho got up and stretched, exhaling a particularly large cloud of smoke over the group's heads, "On that note, unless any of you girls needs me, I've got some gear to prep. Get your beauty sleep, eh? "

19 (edited by Werda Verd Friday, March 14, 2008 12:28 pm)

Ralin Drakus wrote:

*would love to join this one, but I won't be posting much the next few days.  Should be back in action starting around the 25th, so if you open a new squad, WV, keep a sniper spot warm for me, will ya?   big_smile*

will do, vod. we've got Revan tacked on to Alpha, but if we get two more, i'll save you the last spot.

ic: "Thank you, Captain." He exits "Shab, I hate that guy. I have a feeling that I'll only hate him more by the end of this op. Lets go, vod

Inside insertion vessel: floating amongst crates of barq and other grains.

<<Alpha, a small hangar outside the capital city has been closed off from all public use, and we suspect that it is being used to house Vulture Droids and Tri-fighters. If the opportunity arises, please take it out.>>

"We copy, Command. Don't forget to pick us up."

<<Don't miss the bus, Alpha. Command, out.>>

--Captain Dynamic--

Tracyn left the briefing room, both gleeful, and annoyed.  Gleeful because he could select any number of lovely explosive devices.  Annoyed, because Psycho was joining the group.  He didn't mind him in terms of expertise, but his attitude could use some adjusting.  Some very serious adjusting.  He sighed, and placed his helmet o his head (It had been off for the briefing), and climbed aboard the cargo ship.  This was going to be a long mission...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tal jumped up to attention, saluting. "Yes ma'am!" He shouted, after Psycho.

----

Tal was floating, he had tied himself to a crate of barq. He was running drills, disassembling his weapons rapidly, cleaning them, then reassembling them, without the magazine and dry-firing. He didn't see why anyone would have a problem with zero-g. He personally loved it, Zero-G combat was his favorite, something about how the corpses seemed to relax as they were spiraled away by their venting suit. The way the blood floated darkly in the vacuum.  A dry, robotic voice interrupted his thoughts. "Point Insertion In Thirty Minuets." Tal opened his eyes, and reassembled his weapons, putting them back in their places. "Good day to you too..."Jag muttered. The others were making their last minuet preparations. Showtime.

(( hey just wondering if i could join? if not could i be like a clone trooper in support of your operations? not working with your team but say like my army go in fight the big battle and your the commando's fighting the special battles which enable my army to win or something? like in any real situation? thanks ))

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

23 (edited by virulent_messiah Monday, March 17, 2008 12:11 pm)

<<Don't miss the bus, Alpha. Command, out.>>

Psycho drew one last puff of his cigar and put it out in his gauntleted palm. He placed the unlit stub in a small sealed jar and put it into one of his pouches and sealed it. He looked at the members of Alpha Squad, and placed the gunmetal grey ARC trooper helmet onto his head. It boasted a periscope rangefinder attachment on the right temple of his helmet, and was decorated with The Jaing Eyes, a Mandalorian award for bravery in the line of duty. It was awarded to him after his actions serving alongside Captain Fordo and the Muunilinst-10.

"Alright Commandos, you heard the man. It's showtime..."

Nigzy wrote:

(( hey just wondering if i could join? if not could i be like a clone trooper in support of your operations? not working with your team but say like my army go in fight the big battle and your the commando's fighting the special battles which enable my army to win or something? like in any real situation? thanks ))

this is strictly a commando op, but eventually we might make a second squad, or need a few troopers in a later op. This one is kinda locked in at the moment, sorry. Unless anyone else has an idea?

ic:"Alright Commandos, you heard the man. It's showtime..."

"Our ship will be landing in an automated warehouse, owned by a Republic sympathizer, on the outskirts of the capital. We'll have to work our way in, get a good spot for Jag to work his magic, or have Tracyn blow some osik'la Sep from here to Tatooine. If the opportunity arises, we've got a hanger just packed with droids, and their all waiting for us to spoil their day. And, as a bonus, the fighter jockies from Indomitable will owe us a drink, too.

Landing in T-Minus 15........10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1..touchdown. Ramps down, boys, and welcome to Ord Mantell. The over-abundance of tinnies is normally a turn-off for tourists, but you look like your in the scrap business. And there's enough to go around."

--Captain Dynamic--

Alpha-31 AKA Psycho slings his Chaingun and warms it up.

"Where do you want me, Sarge?"

Sargeant Kad looks over at the ARC trooper, "I thought you were in charge."

Psycho shrugged slightly, barely noticable under his shoulder pauldrons and cape, "Not until I develop the opinion that your decision goes against the efficiency of our mission. So, where do you want me and Baby Doll, here?" He gestured to the chaingun in his hands.