Re: Poetry

sad

That's so beautiful! I hope your grandfather see's that dedicated to him on one of heaven's computer. smile

Great! Lovely! Better than mine, anyway. smile tongue

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Poetry

Ah very nice True Warrior.  I actually like the rhyming scheme, as its not cheesy. I can't rhyme my way out of a paper bag, so it always impresses me.

Thank you for you nice comments too. The first poem I posted I wrote many years ago after a particular rough patch in my life. I thought it very interesting that you interpreted the piece as shyness. And that's why I love writing and art, we all see things a different way and bring part of ourselves to the experience. I don't really consider myself shy at all. Loud yes. Wild, perhaps. Hesitant about sharing my work sometimes, yes.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Poetry

Thank you very much it means a lot to me, and Im sorry I called you out like that. I shouldnt have ASSUMED that you were shy. Like you said, every poem brings out a different emotion in different poeple, and it varies as well. I REALLY hope to see more of your poems soon, because I love all of ya'lls writing!! big_smile

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: Poetry

Their Own Two Eyes

To be the only one in the crowd with a different skin tone,
Brings about discrimination and leaves me to be alone,
The only difference to me, is the color that I see,
But poeple judge and tell me what I am supposed to be,
Are they to determine what type of music I have to listen to?
or do they tell me what to wear, or what words not to use?
So many judgements because my skin is of the opposite shade,
I can see the ignorance in the world now, and its such a shame,
I'll never believe what they say, no matter how many matter,
I am my own individual and my skin is not a factor,
But when I look at some, I see demons in disguise,
They label me and dont look past their own two eyes,

-Dedicated to those who experience judgement only because the color of their skin

D.I.N.O.

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: Poetry

That is very much so. Although I cant shake the feeling that my skin will forever be a line of skrimage. If I can only hope that soon one day, the color of my skin would not matter in any situation.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

81 (edited by Si Titran Monday, May 5, 2008 5:50 pm)

Re: Poetry

If i close my eyes
I can feel the pressure mounting on my chest.
Soon perhaps I will suffocate
Or my ribs may break and puncture my lungs.
Night is long and weary bleak eyed
And here I am faced with more nights than days
Daylight blinding my soul
Sending me to hide.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Poetry

I have one that Black Sabbath wrote, and I took a sentence out and am still trying to work on it.

here is my first starting point

* clears throat *



??? ( Unknown poem )


Heavy Boots of lead,

Tearing through your victim's head!

( Guitar, Iron Man , SOLO )

Scary books of lies,

Soaring across the ancient skies.........

( Guitar, Iron Man SOLO )





...... Sorry if it's too short , but I just thought of some ryhming words  for it................. sad

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Poetry

Last night actually. i don't think it was finished, but i was in a posting frame of mind.

GHF.. yours seems to be a song big_smile (Not saying you can't post those too....)

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Poetry

oh...................

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Poetry

Take me away with you
I need a rest
From all this foolish activity
Nonsense in all directions at once
Just for the madness of one
Never satisfied dying mouth
Could as well live and let die
Just dragging everyone down anyway
She doesn't want to be gone
She needs to prove her existence
By denying others
Breaking them
Sucking their life away
To let herself live
Like that monster in a movie
I don't remember
He was old, and ugly and dying
And hundreds of healthy young ones
Were dying to make him live a few minutes longer
As if all of their lives are worth less than minutes of his
All of us less than her
Survival of the fittest
Or nastiest
A lot of destruction around her
Harvester of young souls in pain
Not so young
I wish
It's going away too
Will I ever get there?

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Re: Poetry

Babes.. thats dark and deep and full of sadness...  things that make great poetry and other creative things. I am impressed as this differs from the others.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Poetry

So true. Mine need improving. sad

You're foolish words can never hurt me

88 (edited by terra Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:54 am)

Re: Poetry

Si Titran wrote:

Babes.. thats dark and deep and full of sadness...  things that make great poetry and other creative things. I am impressed as this differs from the others.

Yeah I think you know who I was talking about there. I'm surprised I still didn't make anything happen to her in an artwork or another... If I do I'll show you.
tongue

Thanks for your compliments. I love what you write as well.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Re: Poetry

Reminds me of a song terra..........."Can You Get Away" by 2Pac.....Love your work, keep posting.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: Poetry

I hope i am not flooding every one with my stuff... please let me know if I am, but here is another one i found as I cleaned my room.

Deep Breath
Soon this all will be over
Deep breath
Calm down
Soon this all will be over
Embrace the quiet
Deep breath
Soon this all will be over
Peace in sleep in dreams
Beauty amongst quiet lands
Deep breath
Soon this all will be over
Dark night decending
Starlight cascading down
Worry no longer
Deep breath
Soon this all will be over
Pain be past
Loving arms open
Warmth from this chill
Deep breath
Soon this all will be over.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Poetry

Why do you write depressing poem's all the time, Si?

I thought you were nice person.


( Hides )

lol, only joking. big_smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

92 (edited by Ralin Drakus Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:36 pm)

Re: Poetry

Hi y'all!

I posted this in Ralin's Creations, but since it's a poem I thought I'd sare it here also.  This one has had an edit or two.  Feel free to let me know which you like better

Hope you like   big_smile


Into the Light – A Mandalorian’s Fate

Into the light,
Under my proud Father’s eyes,
From my loving Mother’s womb,
I pass into the light of life

Into the light,
Of childhood’s first trials,
Out of my Mother’s care and into my Father’s protection,
Past are my toys and carefree existence,
New is my blaster and fresh is my first kill,
Down the path of manhood I begin

Into the light,
Of my armor’s heavy embrace,
My brothers cheer and my sergeants salute,
Clad in armor forged of Mandalorian iron,
The newest Mandalorian am I

Into the light,
Of the strange thing that is love,
My heart burns, yet it pains me not,
Never have I felt what I feel for her,
My soul flies high, yet I stand beside her
Into the warmth of love I enter

Into the light,
Of my first battle’s furry,
Many souls does my Basilisk claim as I descend into the glory that is war,
My Father’s lessons are clear and my aim is true,
Into the light of victory I march

Into the light,
Of failure’s stark chill,
Our wounded scream and my fallen brothers are mourned,
The battle is lost, and my soul is cold,
My first defeat is bitter indeed

Into the light, Of war’s familiar pitch,
My battles are many, as are my scars, but I am still alive,
The blood of thousands is on my hands, and worlds fear my approach,
A Mandalorian Crusader am I

Into the light,
Of my body’s final breaths,
My strength is gone, and my eyes grow dim,
The grip of my son is firm, his gloved hand in mine,
A tear in his eye, he whispers to me,

Pass now, into the light my Father,
Your battles are many, and your Honor is great,
March now to the place far away,
And wait for me at Glory’s gate

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Poetry

Awesome RD, I really like it, keep it up you guys, some great poems here smile

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

Re: Poetry

wow, truly poetic ner vod. I love reading the works of other poets. Maybe i can post some of my own work, once i free up some creative space...

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Re: Poetry

I must admit, I've never liked my own poetry. I like writing scripts or short stories instead. But since IS the poetry topic I wanted to ask everyone: Who is your favorite poet?

Mine is Shel Silverstein.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Poetry

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Hi y'all!

I posted this in Ralin's Creations, but since it's a poem I thought I'd sare it here also.  This one has had an edit or two.  Feel free to let me know which you like better

Hope you like   big_smile


Into the Light – A Mandalorian’s Fate

Into the light,
Under my proud Father’s eyes,
From my loving Mother’s womb,
I pass into the light of life

Into the light,
Of childhood’s first trials,
Out of my Mother’s care and into my Father’s protection,
Past are my toys and carefree existence,
New is my blaster and fresh is my first kill,
Down the path of manhood I begin

Into the light,
Of my armor’s heavy embrace,
My brothers cheer and my sergeants salute,
Clad in armor forged of Mandalorian iron,
The newest Mandalorian am I

Into the light,
Of the strange thing that is love,
My heart burns, yet it pains me not,
Never have I felt what I feel for her,
My soul flies high, yet I stand beside her
Into the warmth of love I enter

Into the light,
Of my first battle’s furry,
Many souls does my Basilisk claim as I descend into the glory that is war,
My Father’s lessons are clear and my aim is true,
Into the light of victory I march

Into the light,
Of failure’s stark chill,
Our wounded scream and my fallen brothers are mourned,
The battle is lost, and my soul is cold,
My first defeat is bitter indeed

Into the light, Of war’s familiar pitch,
My battles are many, as are my scars, but I am still alive,
The blood of thousands is on my hands, and worlds fear my approach,
A Mandalorian Crusader am I

Into the light,
Of my body’s final breaths,
My strength is gone, and my eyes grow dim,
The grip of my son is firm, his gloved hand in mine,
A tear in his eye, he whispers to me,

Pass now, into the light my Father,
Your battles are many, and your Honor is great,
March now to the place far away,
And wait for me at Glory’s gate

Love both. But does it count? You'll all think I'm biased. tongue

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Re: Poetry

Lol, Perhaps, but it is a good poem thingy

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

98 (edited by Si Titran Friday, June 27, 2008 10:02 am)

Re: Poetry

Its quiet epic. I think.

to green.... I don't know why i seem to write darker things. I try to be a nice person in all, doesn't always means life is nice to me though. I think part of it is that you've seen only a little of what I wirte, as I went through a phase where ALL I did was write.  Some things were certainly less dark or not dark at all.


My favorite poet is Walt Whitman.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Poetry

Masterchief wrote:

Why do you write depressing poem's all the time, Si?

I thought you were nice person.


( Hides )

lol, only joking. big_smile

Being depressed, or writing dark things, doens't mean you're not a nice person. Just means you're sad, or you have sad ideas to express. YOU should know that, Green.

I think your material is quite deep Si. Don't pay attention to the complains of those who can't appreciate. Don't stop writing if it makes you feel better.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Re: Poetry

I wasn't complaining, sorry, that was when I was a bit stupid.

Like I always am.

You're foolish words can never hurt me