26 (edited by Si Titran Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:33 pm)

Re: RPG - Coruscant attack

As a Jedi might you like a lightsaber? They are the tradional weapon of a Jedi Knight.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

((Ok, you timeaport I shall do this:))

Bareth had followed the target discreetly. He had checked in with Inyri a few times, to assure her that she would get him back soon. Now, all he had to do was get into the man's appartment.

He made a quick pitstop back at his house, and picked up his armor. He had taken it from one of his targets, gladly accepting it as payment. It was black, with a bit of green on the shoulderplates and gauntles, and around the visor. It was Mandalorian armor, even though the man he had killed to get it wasn't Mandalorian. He wasnt trying to imitate them, he had removed all the Mandalorian insignias, and the armor was very strong.

Now he was at his targets door. It was quiet inside. Bareth hacked the control panel, opening the door. He snuck in and found the bed room. His target woke up, and Bareth pistolwhipped him, pulling him out of the appartment. He knew he shouldn't have taken his speederbike. He sighed and did his best to secure his target, discreetly, so it looked like he was riding along. Then he went back to Saal's tower.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Inyri had walked into the reception/ turbolift area to find that the twi'lek actually flirting with a tall blue skinned humanoid. The sound of Saal's boots on the polished stone floor promoted this man to turn around, revealing glowing red eyes. Inyri had seen many different species before in her life time, but this still shocked her to an extent.

Can I help you two?  She demanded.

The man winked at the receptionist and walked close to Inyri.
Inyri Saal. Its been a lifetime. I'd love to catch up on old times.  He said with false joviality and smile.

Um, really?  Saal said sarcastically. She didn't care what the twi'lek saw, because she knew that she'd be dealt with soon enough.  How could that be. I have not made your acquaintance until now. The name's Inyri Saal, but I take it you already know that.   She extended her hand for a handshake.

“A. Sunder.” and he reached back and shook Inyri’s hand. “I take it you are not one to mince words.”

“No, not really. I am a busy individual with much on her mind these days. What do you want?”

“I think you might know where to find a friend of mine. Goes by the name of Ronun Sart.”

“Haven’t heard of him. I hope you didn’t come a long way to just ask me that.”

“Actually I did. Are you sure?”

“Positive.” The comlink on her wrist chirped. “And if you excuse me I have business to attend to.” As she said this she was leading Sunder to the door.

As soon as Sunder was outside of the offices Saal turned to the twi’lek. “You are lucky I have more to be done today. If you let another soul into these offices, without my authorization you will CERTAINLY not be alive to even regret it. Understood?” Saal walked away without waiting for her reply. As soon as she entered her secure turbolift she answered her comlink. It was Bareth, he had obtained Ronun and was returning with him.

She let out a sigh and actually cracked a bit of a smile.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Bareth pulled the speederbike onto the landing infront of Sall's office, slaming his foot onto the ground and spinning the bike around, allowing Ronun to fall from the back, and roll towards the door. There was a blue man with red eyes standing outside. Bareth walked forward, and grabbed the groaning form that was Ronun by the collar, and hauled him inside. Inyri turned around " I don't care who you are but I dont have time for this sh-" She cut herself off as she looked down at the man that had been thrown on the ground infront of her. Bareth pulled off his helmet, as she looked up. The suprise on her face was apparent, but only for a moment.  "Your Mandalorian?"
Bareth grinned."No," he said spinning a WESTAR in his right hand then placing it back in its holster "but they wish I was."

" Either way what I need has been returned, so I will hold true to my word and offer you a postion working for and perhaps if you're particually strong in the force, with me."  Inyri replied.

"So when do I start?"

"Right now, since your last visit I have been in need of a new gaurd. Apparently one not as lax as my last one was. But he paid for his mistake. FIrst I need you to make sure that our friend here is devoid of weaponry and other devices. Then make sure we won't be escaping. Then we can worry if he's concious."

She leaned over to Ronuns limp body. "Yes, I would like to talk to this one."

31 (edited by cujo Wednesday, February 6, 2008 2:00 am)

Sunder never one to wear emotions, stood outside for a minute bringing the comm to his lips...
and then something strange happened. the very same speeder bike that had been sitting outside, pulled
up to Sera towers once more.
an armored humanoid grabbed a bagged body, obviously Ronun.

"I have a clear shot." the voice in his ear chirped.
"no, i dont think its come to that just yet." Sunder looked up at the tower across the street.
"besides i dont think even your modified blaster could penetrate that armor." sunder smiled.
"oh ye of little faith" the voice in his ear volleyed. "tell you what if i can bury a laser in the base of his neck,
next time you buy the spice".
Sunder stood silent as the man dragged the body thru the doors and gave him a simple nod.
the doors shut behind him.
"down boy, youll eat soon enough." Sunder looked up to the building again. "besides spice is a nasty habit."
Sunder smiled.
"youre one to talk deathstick, and dont call me boy." the voice sneered.
"my apoligies." Sunder conceded "first we find out who this armored man is, id hate to have to answer to a mandalore or something,"
Sunder looked at the paper the secretary had written her comm number on, and tossed it into street, this job is trying my patience...

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

32 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, February 6, 2008 1:55 pm)

Bareth loved his armor. One of the previous owners had installed a sort of weapon scanner, and that made threat assessment so much easier. It also took out the need for searching someone, which took to long. He replaced his helmet and activated it, and he got something. Bareth reached down and pulled the blaster from Ronun's pocket. "This is all he had." Inyri apparently didn't think his 'check' was accurate. "Are you sure?" Bareth nodded, "You have a heavily modded hold-out on you." This seemed to kill any doubts in her mind. "I could break his legs, or do you want to keep him mostly unharmed?"

((Hey, the sensor can detect virbroblades, but not normal knifes))

"Lets keep him in one peice for the time being" Inyri strode over to Ronun's body. She uncapped a tube of smelling salts  and moved it under his nose. He jerked awake in his chair.

"Relax. I'm not going to kill you now." Inyri walked to her desk and poured a class of water from a pitcher that was siitting there. "You see these?" she asked Ronun, refering to a pair of small orange pills in her hand. "you know what they are, i don't want you to think that I'm deciving you. They are nothing more than common pain pills. It is your choice if you want to take them, but I advise you to. You're going to have one splitting headache in a little whille and it will be in your best intrests to have all your wits about you."

Ronun accepted them and drank some of the water. "What do you want from me? I've done nothing to you and I have no value." 

"Well then, if you have no value then I might as well kill you now." Inyri said coldly.

Bareth stood by watching the exchange. He was just as curious to know what this woman wanted with such a seemingly innoculous invidividual.

"No!" the man shouted.

"Then how about you think long and hard before you speak next time. Why don't you start off by telling me what your real name is. I'm all aware that 'Ronun Sart' is just an alias."

34 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, February 6, 2008 2:59 pm)

"And I'm sure hes aware that if you don't like his answers I can break his legs." Inyri looked back, her expresion clearly saying 'shut up.' "Or anything else you tell me to." Bareth added. "I don't think this is the best place to conduct an interrogation, ma'am. To many people could see. Don't want the CSF paying you a visit do you?"

(( I think its the CSF.... Courscant Security Force, like in triple zero))

"Oh I will move him.. in due time."  Inyri said. "But the sooner he talks the sooner we can move on. I know Ronun doesn't want CSF here, at least with him still here."

36 (edited by cujo Wednesday, February 6, 2008 3:26 pm)

Sunder stood over the speeder bike for a minute. his ear piece sounded again, "and how exactly are we gonna find out who the armored guy was?"
"give me a second", Sunder continued to examine the speeder abit longer.
the voice spoke again, "how 'bout i run the speeder id number and we can see who the ride belongs to."

"nah, dont bother" Sunder looked up at the building again. "this guy is a vulture, he is no mandalorian."
"how do you know?" the voice was surprised.
"trust me." Sunder stated. the speeders was stolen, the  id number had been filed off, and he was willing to wager that the armor was not his either.
"so whats the plan?" the voice broke the silence.
Sunder thought for a second. and spoke into the comm "youre new to the game, arent you?"
"whats that have to do w/ anything?" the voice was annoyed.
Sunder smiled as he lit up another deathstick. "ever heard of an echani shuffle, kid?"
"im no kid...and no." the voice tailed off.
"we can discuss what you are later, listen up..." Sunder began to lay it out.

Ronun was angry. He had started work the day before, then one of the woman's guard's had intercepted him as soon as he was delivering his third parcel. NOW, this woman, Inyri, he remembered, was feeding him pain pills to serve him right for stunning her. He looked at her with pure hatred. He had to escape again, there was no other way.......

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Bareth saw the hate in the captives eyes. He pulled one of the WESTARs out, pointing it at the captives face. "Watch it, buddy." He said menacingly, the speakers in the helmet slightly distorted his voice, making it even worse. The captive took a look at the helmet, then the gun, and seemed to decide that he didn't hate Inyri all that much anymore. Bareth grinned and put the pistol back.

39 (edited by cujo Friday, February 8, 2008 12:38 am)

15 minutes ago...

Sunder walked over to the recptionist desk again and leaned in towards her, "You know- i think we got off on the wrong foot,i shouldn't have threatened you. I just wanted to surprise my old friend."
the receptionist looked at him and slowly let down her guard.

Sunder continued, "its been as we say in the business, a hectic morning."
"what business are you in sir?"

Sunder smiled, "oh please call Ashero, and my business dear is a talent scout for coruscant models. Have you ever modelled?" the receptionist giggled.
"Say, what r you doing later" Sunder touched her hand.
more giggling.
Sunder almost forgot about the shadow in his ear.
the voice crackled to life "are you actually hitting on the receptionist?"

name: the voice (to be revealed later)
occupation: a free agent shadow, just getting into the business. an aptitude for sniping, and is currently across the street on the roof of the high rise. highly motivated and an uncanny ability for infiltration.

"not everything is what it seems" Sunder muffled.
"whats that?" the secretary asked.
"nothing, dear. so tell me how someone as stunning as yourself has never been in a holo-zine?"

Now...
Sunder took a puff of the deathstick.
"So you think you can zip line over to the top of the Sera Towers?"
the voice assured "yeah, not a problem, you just want me to go in thru the roof? Sounds a bit too simple."

Sunder looking to the sky noticed a zipline shoot across it. "Dont worry im going to make a little noise, and when everyone looks down, you tap them on the shoulder."

The voice chuckled "your gonna make a little noise, how you gonna do that?"

A det-pack can be a very discrete thing, one can even fit under the lip of a rectionists desk. This is a textbook Echani shuffle...

40 (edited by Si Titran Friday, February 8, 2008 10:02 pm)

Inyri was tired. Ronun wasn't talking. He just looked at her then back to Bareth in his Mandalorian armor. He was scared, it shone past the anger in his eyes.  Inyri's pacience had expired.

"I guess you aren't as smart as I thought, 'Ronun'. I'll give you one more oppertunity to tell me."

Ronun still sat ther glowering at his two captors.

Inyri walked up to Ronun and slapped him hard accross the face. because of her ring she left a small cut on his cheek.

"Bareth take him to the landing pad and load him on my speeder. We're taking him out of here. I'll follow and fly."

Ronun cried out! Inyri had slapped him hard across the face. He could taste blood. Now he was awaiting a flight to somewhere he didn't know where it was, but he could tell one thing.....it wasn't going to be pleasant. He had to escape! Now! Or else he was going to die........

Bareth nodded and grabbed Ronun, dragging him to a waiting turbolift. Ronun was struggling, and Bareth had to fight the urge to pistol-whip him again. He was surprised that some one like Inyri didn't have a pilot. Strange considering she had an office like the one they were in now. But it wasn't his job to question it, she probably just enjoyed flying. The turbolift stopped, and Bareth shoved Ronun out, watching Ronun stumble and fall.

Inyri reached the landpad where she had an airspeeder docked from her personal turbolift. She needed Ronun to see that she was ahead of him in every step of the way, even when it came to arriving to the same location. She opened the back cockpit for Bareth hauling the struggling Ronun to get inside. The look on Ronun's face as he realized that she was allready there and waiting was priceless. He was a bit shocked but more frightened then anything else. "Good. Let him be afraid." Inyri thought.

Bareth and Ronun, both inside the enclosed airspeeder, Inyri climbed in herself and took the controls. She took off fast, heading directly into the crowded air lanes. Inyri flew fast,narrowly avoiding vechicles, but always in control, an unusually calm look on her face. She weaved this way and that, sometimes doubling back on the direction she just came in.

"Bareth do you notice anything strange going on?" She asked.

Ronun cried out! He had been shoved into a small room about 3 meters wide and 2 metres across. He was left in with nothing to eat or drink. He was very angry. This was going too far, he had to escape now ....or he was going to be tortured, day and night. There was a small air vent above him, he smiled grimly. Stupid people.......

((Uh, your in a speeder))

"Only that there is an odd blue alien with red eyes and a narcotic problem loitering in your lobby. I don't like him, makes me nervous." Bareth said, looking out the windows, watching the city pass by around them. Ronun groaned again. "Shut up." Bareth said. He pulled the helmet off, he was used to the HUD, but sometimes he preferred not to wear it.

"That I was aware of, and since you didn't mention anyone suspected of following us, I'll take that as an all clear from you."

"Yes ma'am." 

Inyri continued to take a circutus route around Coruscant, slowly making their way from the office towards a yet undiscolsed location, one that only she still knew about, in an old family building deep within the area known as "the works". CSF rarely traversed the area, and certainly never wtihout strong provocation at that. The works was a place you only went to if you knew exactly the who, what, and where of your trip. There were no mistakes, and most importaintly, no neighbors to question anything they could or could not have seen.

Ronun was increasingly making more and more noise, no doubt in relation to his growing fear and unease. He must have begun to hallucinate as he was screaming to be let out of a small room, how he did want such food, water or stupid people. It was killing Inyri's nerves, which she really needed and wanted for flying.

"Bareth. Shut him up!"

"With pleasure." And with that, Bareth slamed his armored fist into Ronun's not so protected head.

"Maybe that will jog his memory some." she said as she swiftly changed travel lanes.

After another few minuets of flight, taken in wonderful silence, the speeder reached it's apparent abandoned destination and landed on the inside of an emence building.

Bareth replaced his helmet, and dragged Ronun out of the speeder, following Inyri into the building. She lead them through a few hallways to some apparent holding cells. "Put him in here." Inyri said, gesturing towards one of  cells. Bareth threw Ronun into it, and closed and locked the door. "So, what now?"

Ronun slammed the door. He was furious! He slammed the door again. He kicked and punched, but it was no use. He started to cry, he usually doesn't do that, but he thought of his lovely wife and 3 kids. He looked at the small photo of them in it, from his pocket. He smiled through tears. That made him so angry that he kicked it so hard that it opened up. Inyri and bareth were walking away meters from the door. He replaced the photo and ran towards a guard. " Ye----" he crumpled. ronun took his blaster rifle and ran towards the nearest exit. Hoping the other remaining guards wouldn't raise the alarm.......

Bareth spun around, there was a loud bang, louder then the ones that had been issuing from the cell Ronun was in. He saw Ronun punch a guard and take his blaster. Bareth sprinted after Ronun, who turned and raised the blaster, pulling the trigger twice. He apparently wasn't a very good shot, as the first went wide and hit a wall. The second shot hit Bareth's armor. The Mandalorian armor took the shot and came away undamaged, but the force caused Bareth to stumble slightly. He grabbed Ronun by the collar and threw him against the wall. Ronun fell to the ground and Bareth crouched down and proceeded to forcefully introduce their captives face to the floor.

50 (edited by cujo Sunday, February 10, 2008 2:59 pm)

the streets hummed with the foot traffic of the gainfully employed and going about their business,
Sunder was paid for a result not a service- collateral damage seemed to be unavoidable, he looked at the switch in his hand and flipped the safety back.
"so you gonna make that noise?" the voice inquired, "im in position...hold on a speeder is departing about five flights down" the voice paused for a second, "how many deathsticks you wanna bet Ronun is on board".
Sunder flipped the cover back on the det pack switch.
"your thoughts?" the voice inquired.
Sunder looked at the sky again, " Can you hack their data files?".
the voice seemed to be one step ahead, "yeah im already there, but im getting some heat, so how bout that bang you promised."
Sunder smiled he was starting to like this kid. He glanced around to notice a group of CSF officers walking towards him.
no time like the present, Sunder thought...