Re: Mutant Hunt - RPG

A wicked idea crossed Skyler’s mind. “Hide your face, I’ll be back in a sec.” She told Adrian.

Skyler shifted into the form of the Terminator and walked around the corner to stand in front of the hovering media helicopter. With her telekinesis, Skyler lowered the ‘copter to the ground. She pulled the semi auto from her belt and pointed it at the occupants. “Get out,” she said coolly.

All but the pilot obliged. He pulled a gun on her. Skyler grabbed him with her telekinesis and threw him to where Adrian lay, “Lunch Adrian,” she called with her own voice.

Then she stepped out of the copter and threw it at the real Terminator. But somehow the machine managed to dodge. The copter smashed into the side of a building, one of it's rotor blades tore off and flew just over the Terminator's head.

Skyler was slightly annoyed until she saw a semi barreling towards the Terminator. She moved away and shifted back into a female form, this time she was a short plump blonde.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Noah and Squint pulled up to Freedom Tower in a jeep.

"%$^&#@$@###&*()()%$^ robot couldn't %$&^ing give us a lift..." Noah grumbled.

They were a little late to the party, considering a police chopper had already crashed into Freedom Tower.

"$#^@. Media's gonna have a field day with this. Can't wait to see how the Bugle handles this in tomorrow's paper..."

Noah grabbed two uzis from the jeep. He sprinted over to the battle scene, taking aim at Adrian.

"You." He snarled. Adrian looked over at him, eyes wide with exhaustion. Good.

"Been wanting to see you. You blew up part of the building that didn't need to blow up. Who nows how many innocents you killed. And you're a disgrace to the military. I'm gonna enjoy kicking your mutie ***."

((Sorry to skip out at such a crucial time, but I'll be gone 'til late Sunday.))

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

Adrian was tired.  Before he passed out a semi horn blared.  He turned and saw it barrelling right towards Arnold.  What a stroke of luck.  Adrian cut off the power.  Arnold turned and was smashed into the grille of the semi.  The semi then crashed into a building pinning the robot.  Adrian fell to the ground and made his way to a body.  It was still warm.  Before he could take away the soul he heard a voice.

"You." He snarled. Adrian looked over at him, eyes wide with exhaustion.  This wasn't good.  Adrian was depleted.  There was nothing around on the street to recharge himself.  Power lines were run underground and there was no way he was going to get to them. 

"Been wanting to see you. You blew up part of the building that didn't need to blow up. Who nows how many innocents you killed. And you're a disgrace to the military. I'm gonna enjoy kicking your mutie ***."

"Who knows how many innocent you have killed."

"Innocent mutants?  What the %$&^ are you talking about?"

"Mutants who want nothing more than to live in the world midning their own business."

Noah came right up to him shoving the gun under his jaw.  "Tell that to my wife."

"Yes there are extremists on either side.  But someone who stands up for their rights is a terrorist in the eyesof the others.  There are mutants like us who only fight to live.  To survive.  That's why I do what I do.  For survival.  You want to know why I joined the military?  To protect the innocent.  And now looking at you I laugh.  SUre I may not be innocent.  I've done some terrible things.So blow my brains out.  But what about all the kids, who because they have horns growing out of their head, or there skin is spotted and blue?  What about them whose only crime is being born?"

Adrian sat and hoped his message got through.  Or at least delayed enough for some more mutants to get over there.  But if he was to die today so be it.

((It would be okay, if I was arrested.  If you do do that make sure to take Rev's character and fix him up for two days because he's gone for a few days))

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

"Hi!"

Zayne struck first. He hit the commander over the head with his shotgun, then Flip came from nowhere and struck, leaving the officer unconscious on the ground. Zayne lent a hand to Adrian.

"Just in time, right?"

"Almost, you could've done some more if you were earlier."

"Well, we'll figure it out."

The three went to find Skyler. Flip was on Adrian's left and Zayne his right. There was a building with a whole ton of people, which was odd considering most of the city was empty. Adrian was put in a chair at a table, and Zayne went to get some beer.

Daniel Fortesque stood at the edge of the Black Hawk, peering down at the city below. He saw a battle going on near Freedom Tower and other disturbances elsewhere. He gripped his M16 and the M203 grenade launcher attachment securely. It didn't look pretty. The chopper touched down at an airport and some soldiers were waiting for him. One walked up to him.

"Captain Daniel Fortesque?" He asked

"Yes." Fort replied unemotionally.

"We've been expecting you. I would have suggested you meet with Commander Noah but...he isn't in right now, sir."

"Alright then. Give me his last known whereabouts and means of transportation." Fort said. He looked back to the chopper and nodded to his squad members. They would be called if necessary. They wouldn't be far. The chopper lifted off and Fort walked off the helipad.

(Going to be in Disney world till late monday so i wont be able to post till then. Sorry guys.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Squint was across the street from where Zayne, Flip and Adrian had just entered. He was waiting for orders.

Adrian sat sipping a water.  He needed to find some recharge point.  He was physically healed but exhausted.  He couldn't recharge in here.  People would notice. So for now he just waited.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Blackout had weaved his way through many more alleys, until he came to the source of the pandemonium.  He had heard the car roaring down the road, and he had heard the resulting chaos.  When he came in sight of the scene, he saw a semi truck smashed into a wall nearby, and told Aegob to stay put. 

What the heck happened here?

Before he could say anything else, he felt something smash into him from behind with a distinct sense of déjà vu.  He tried to fight back, but strong titanium arms pinned him, and held him in place while he flew straight towards Freedom Tower.  Tinman didn’t stop and barreled straight through the wall.  It was only then that he let go.  Blackout rolled to his feet, wincing in pain, and drew his swords.  That robot again!  What was with that?  He leaped at the metallic antagonist, and slashed at the joints, only to be parried by the bot’s forearms.  Tinman’s forearms extended, and formed wrist-blades, which he then used to strike at Blackout.  Blackout and Tinman fought, blade to blade, in the immediate vicinity of their entry point, not caring if anyone saw them.  Blackout began to smile.

His tail whipped up behind him, and unsheathed his third sword, which he quickly brought into the fray, darting, striking, whipping, slashing.  Tinman suddenly realized that he had insufficient resources to fight off three blades at once, each blade moving independently.  He jumped back, and leveled his shoulder-mounted Gatling.  And then he opened fire.  Blackout dove out of the way at the last second, just as he saw the barrels began to spin. 

Tinman countered his movement by extending his hand, and spreading his fingers, in a classic “stop” gesture.  A jet of flame leaped out of the palms, and roared toward Blackout.  Derek had no time to block it, and chose to dive back into the streets to evade it.  He hissed; this robot was going to die for that…

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Skyler watched Adrian with concern, he didn’t look well and it was obvious that he didn’t want to cause a scene in such a public place. Skyler had changed back to her redheaded form just before Zayne and Flip had arrived, she didn’t want them getting confused as to who she was.

Skyler looked at Zayne, “Can you take Adrian out back? He needs to heal.”

Zayne shrugged, “I guess so.”

Skyler turned to Flip, “We need to create a scene so no one notices what Adrian and Zayne are doing. Are you up for it?”

Flip smiled, “Anything for you,” he said with a wink.

Skyler smiled, “Okay then.” Skyler grabbed Flip by the hand and led him to a separate table. “Let’s begin.”

Flip lifted the menu and waited for Skyler’s lead.

She too picked up the menu and then rather loudly said, “What do you mean I can’t have the hamburger? I told you I’ve lost seven kilos, is that not enough for you? God, why can’t you love me how I am?”

Flip looked a little surprised then played along, “Well you want me to go to the gym to buff up. Look I’ve started for you. I was only trying to encourage you to stay on your diet.”

“Oh please, you just want a woman who’s a stick figure. I’m sorry that I’m too curvy for you. Maybe we should break up now.” Skyler continued and saw that they were attracting a lot of attention.

“You’d like that wouldn’t you? I’ve heard rumours that you’ve been seeing someone else, is it true!” Flip said as he stood to emphasize his supposed anger.

Skyler also stood, “No I am not. How dare you suggest a such a thing. My mother was right, you are a waste of space.”

“Me? I’ve had to put up with your temper and moodiness from day one. I deserve a medal for patience.” Flip said as he moved towards her poking a finger at her.

Skyler could see the amusement in Flip’s eyes, “I wouldn’t be so moody if you’d shown a little interest and attempted some romance.”

“You want a little romance, huh?” Flip said his tone turning low and slightly husky as he smiled wickedly at her.

Skyler could see where Flip was going and it wasn’t exactly the best way to keep their ruse going. “Yeah I have, why do you think I’ve subscribed to a book club? It’s so I can see what I’ve been missing out on.”

“Well if you stopped being a moody brat I would have shown you just what I can do.” Flip said as he took two steps towards her, took her in his arms and dipped her. “I can do romance,” he said as he leant down to kiss her.

Skyler raised her hand to his lips before he could, “We’re supposed to be fighting,” she whispered to him.

“Well push me away,” he whispered but didn’t look so keen for the idea.

“We’re over,” Skyler said more loudly. “Let me go.”

“Right now?” Flip asked knowing that if he did she’d fall and land hard on her back.

“Right now,” Skyler demanded.

“Okay, you asked for it.” Flip said as he let her go. Skyler caught the look of concern that passed over his face momentarily before he slipped back into character.

Skyler used her telekinesis to cushion her fall but acted as though it really hurt, “You jerk!” she said as she stood and dusted herself off. “I’m out of here,” she told as she stormed out.

She was out the door before Flip caught up to her. They pretended to continue their argument until they turned the corner at the end of the block. Skyler cracked up laughing, “You were great, well done.”

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

160 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Friday, January 18, 2008 5:21 pm)

Rian Backstir silently cursed everyone who passed by him. He cursed because this happened every day. He would come in at 5:00 PM every evening and mop this whole floor. But because the company lost a law suit last Tuesday, they needed some extra cash. So instead of the store closing at 4:30 PM like its supposed to, it now closed at 7:00. And had anyone bothered to reasign his work hours? Nooooooo. To busy lookin after there own hides. So Mr. Rian continued cursing and grumbling at everyone who walked by him, for dirting his nice clean floor. As he begain clean around the bathroom hall, he heard a quick click. He stood up, moaning as his arched back straightened. He then started towards the bathroom saying: "Hey! You in there, get outa dare so i can clean it!"
No reply.
"Hey im talkin....to...ya"
Mr.Backstir, paused as he saw the blood drenched floor.
"Oh... my God..." he wispered.
There was someone lying on the flood groaning.
Mr. Backstir quickly neeled beside the dying man, and asked in horror. "Waht da hell happened!?
The man just wispered one word, but Mr. Backstir couldnt hear it at first and keeled down so he could. "Whats that?"
The man wispered again: Run.
The man then went into convulsions.
Before Mr. Backstir could understand what the man meant, a large stinger came rushing down into the back of his neck. He choked hard on the blood, and froth that came out his mouth but at last he breathed in deep and screamed. The sound echoing through thw whole building.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

161 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Friday, January 18, 2008 4:24 pm)

((would have posted this earlier but had to run. And again, Mel's posts cause me to laugh. I did like the 'pregnant lady' thing better though))

"God, I hate it down here." James muttered, they had been in the tunnels for quite a while, and James could see much better then he could at first, but it didnt make the dark, cramped tunnel any more comfortable. Arista stopped quickly, and James almost ran into her. "A little warning next time would be nice."  She looked up, "Quit complaining, were there now." James nudged her forward slightly, so he was standing under the grating now. "I'm going to go up first."

"Why?"

"Well, if you saw what looked like a demon come out of the ground what would you do?"

"I would assume he was a mutant, and see why he was in the tunnels."

"I meant if your a normal person."

"I'm not."

"Well what if you were?"

"Ok. I would run I guess."

"Thats why, and If theres a squad of soldiers up there I..." James trailed off.

"You what?"

"Nevermind." James muttered as he began to climbed up the ladder.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Adrian leaned heavily on Zayne.  His legs were like gelatin. 

"Kind of heavy eh Adrian?"

Adrian only grunted.  They got to the elevator and Adrian pushed parking.  Plenty of places to hide.  Zayne did a quick look to see if anyone was outside and telekinetically carried Adrian the rest of the way.  He took him to a deserted area and levitated him up to a light fixture.  Adrian smashed it and shoved his hand in.

"Ahhh."

After getting a sufficient amount of energy he motioned Zayne to lower him down.  Now let's get back to the others.  His thoughts turned to Skyler.  He wanted someone to fight for now.  He had the people before but since he has kind of lost faith.  Now he needed someone special.  He was going to talk to Skyler.  His mind wandered to his first and only wife.  It only made him long for a wife all the more.  Quickly remembering he had a telepath right next to him he quieted his thoughts.  He didn't show any immediate reaction but asked a question.

"Any thing on your mind Adrian?"

"Yeah."

Seeing how he left it at that Zayne didn't push on.

After an uneventful elevator ride he saw Flip and Skyler laughing.  He made his way to Skyler. 

"Skyler.  I have something really important to tell you."

"Okay."  She made her way to follow him outside Flip tailing.

Adrian turned to Flip.  "Alone."

Dejectedly he turned and left.

Skyler quelled her laughter and followed Adrian, “What is it?” she asked.

“I wanted to continue our conversation from earlier,” Adrian started.

“You mean about me growing old and you not?” she asked.

“Sort of,” Adrian said feeling somewhat awkward.

Skyler raised a hand to Adrian’s face, “I understand if you don’t want to pursue a relationship between us.” Skyler tried to hide the look of disappointment on her face.

BFFC Moderator

James pulled himself out of the hole in the ground, and looked around. It was clear, he stretched his wings quickly, the tunnel hadnt given him much room. He ducked down and reached into the hole. "It's clear." She took his hand and he helped her up. "Now we just need to stay hidden and wait." James said, closing the grating

165 (edited by Sev Fett Friday, January 18, 2008 8:43 pm)

The dissapointment was apparent in her voice.  He grabbed her hand and held it in his, laughing softly.  "That's quite the opposite reason I'm here."

She looked up at him  Now she was curious.

"I am willing to bring this relationship to the next level.  Some of my other reasons were slightly selfsih.  Only because I didn't want to be hurt.  I wasn't willing to listen to my to my true feelngs.  Which is a love."

He smile affectionately.  Shyly she returned the smile.

As Skyler smiled at Adrian she felt her heart skip a beat and then speed up. She hadn’t expected this from him. “What changed your mind?”

Adrian shrugged, “Getting smacked about often gets me thinking.”

Skyler chuckled, “I’ll remember that.” She shifted into her true form, “So you don’t mind a purple girlfriend?”

“I consider myself an open-inded man,” Adrian said with a smile as he tucked a strand of her purple hair behind her ear.

Skyler leaned towards him, “I’m glad to hear it.” Tentatively she took a step closer, “By the way I thought you were a spunk from the moment I laid eyes on you.”

“Really? I thought you laid a foot into me first,” Adrian said with a smirk.

Skyler shrugged, “Foot, eyes, doesn’t matter.”

Adrian laughed and brought her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles, “So what do you think?”

“I think I like this idea of love, but I don’t want to take things too fast. I really want to get to know you,” Skyler admitted, she always found she didn’t truly fall for someone until she knew them well.

“Is a kiss too much to ask?” he asked with a teasing smile.

Skyler raised a brow and pretended to thinking it over, “I suppose you can kiss me.”

Adrian laughed a moment before giving her a gentle kiss. They held each other for a moment, “I guess now I tell Flip that my attention is firmly on you.”

BFFC Moderator

Arista looked around. “I really should call to see if anybody found the lost child.”

James nodded, “Okay but we need to hide.”

“We could have stayed in the tunnel,” Arista pointed out.

James shook his wings, “I prefer some space.”

Arista pouted, “There’s nothing wrong with the tunnels. But I suppose having wings would make it seem a bit cramped.”

“To say the least,” James said as he looked around them.

Arista followed his gaze and she saw an apartment with a ‘For Lease’ sign hanging in it. “I suppose we could hide in there.”

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

"Alright, wait here. I'm going to go get the fire escape down." James stepped away from Arista, and  began to flap his wings, lifting himself off the ground. The wind from his wings kicked up a fair amount of dust in the small alley, and by the time he was up, she had to squint to keep anything from getting in her eyes. James flew over to the other builing's roof, and discovered one of the top windows was unlocked. After opening it and looking around inside, he lowered the fire escape and motioned for Arista to come over. She peeked out of the alley, and, finding it was clear, ran across the street and began to climb up the ladder.  She climbed into the window, and James, after looking around one last time, followed her.

169 (edited by Sev Fett Friday, January 18, 2008 10:14 pm)

"Mhm.  Well I don't mind if you do it in jest.  You can stil have your fun.  Although it might be a bit cruel.  It seems a bit shameless to to flirt while you are seeing another person."  He walked over to the still crashed semi.  He looked around and saw his M4A1.  ((I'm assuming you guys brought Arnold back to HQ for repair.  That's what Rev said to do.))

"Face it.  You just don't want me flirting on anyone else."

"Well that's part of the answer."

"Ah so the truth comes out.  Jealousy is the prevailing emotion."  She smiled playfully.

"You haven't let me expl-"

Adrian saw a group of men walking right towards him.  Noah.  And he had some back-up this time.  Among the group was a man he recognized from the military.  He was a Marine and they had crossed paths in Iraq.

"Fort?  Is that you?  Long time no see."  Fort gave him no acknowledgement.

Noah spoke up.  "Hello mutie.  You are under arrest.  For several counts of murder, attacking an officer, and causing damage to our fine City of New York."

"What no lawyer?"

"Laugh it up mutie.  Bring in the girl too." 

"I'm sorry but I have a minority to fight for."  Adrian released a low intensity blast of energy that knocked them off their feet.  He grabbed Skyler's hand and ran to the nearest alley, hoping to keep them away from the others inside.

Skyler quickly took the opportunity to shift into her winged form and with a firm hold on Adrian she took to the air. “Run!” she yelled to Zayne and Flip who had not been noticed by the military.

Skyler flapped her wings and held Adrian tight. She saw James and Arista, “Let’s try following them.” Skyler suggested and flew to the window. She allowed Adrian to climb in and then she followed.

“Hi guys, are you still armed?” Skyler asked as they greeted the other mutants once again.

BFFC Moderator

"Yeah." James said,  he had managed to get the shoulder strap to work well. Arista indicated the MP5 she had. "Me to." James looked at Adrian and Skyler, "Why, are they following you?"

"We, uh, dont know if they know were here...but you might want to keep your weapons ready."

"What about the others?"

"They should be fine. I think the militia is looking for us more then them."

"We are on the run.  Sorry to drag you guys into this.  It was a quick escape."

James shrugged.  "Hey it was gunna happen sometime.  You never know as a mutant.  Always having to be on your toes."

Arista was peering out the window.  "Looks like we may have to be right up on our toes.  A group of militants are entering the building."

Adrian checked the M4.  It was ready.  He made sure he knew the location of all electrical sockets.  A smashing was heard on the door.

James heard foot steps thundering up the stairs. He lifted the SAW and stepped forward, aiming down the stairs. A black uniformed soldier poped into view and yelled in suprise and pain as the shots tore through his uniform and his body. The man behind him was going to fast to stop and ran out into James' line of fire He fell down aswell, the third man taking cover behind the wall, and sticking his gun out, firing blindly. James felt the bullets hit him, and tear their way through his arm. He yelled, and pulled back around, out of the soldiers line of sight. Adrian moved up to take his place.

Adrian stayed behind the corner grabbing one of the grenades on his vest.  He pulled the pin, waited 2 seconds and threw into down.

"FRAG!  GET OUT!"  Adrian heard the voices yell and a few seconds later the explosion.  Someone screamed.  Adrian peeked around the corner only to have chips of mortar flew by his face.  He put his gun around the corner around fired.  Enough to keep them back.  This could go on for a while. So Adrian shouldered the gun began firing his energy blasts.  It hit one man who fell to the ground in spasms before falling still.

There couldn't be that much more of them.

Skyler moved to Adrian’s back, “I’ve got an idea.”

“What?” he said as he fired at the soldiers.

“Watch and learn,” Skyler said as she threw a flashbang. She shifted into the persona of a soldier and crawled her way out. With her semi auto she started shooting the soldiers as she backed her way down the hall.

Next she slammed into one of the apartment doors and moved inside. The occupants screamed but Skyler ran to their window and leapt out. She quickly changed to her flying form and moved back to the apartment. “I hope that helped.”

BFFC Moderator