Re: Mutant Hunt - RPG

"Yes, that would give us the tactical advantage. Now, I must go retreive the weaponry from my automobile." The Terminator made his way off the roof and dropped to the ground next to his Black Dodge Charger. He opened the trunk and examined the guns, and decided on the P90 SMG, Barrett .50 Cal. and brushed chrome .50 AE Desert Eagle. Arnold half-grinned as he racked the bolt of the M82A1 and put it on his back.

((I'll add more to this later, kinda in a hurry.))

"This IS my signature."

Flip was in the zone at last. He had started out chucking forks and knives at the ever-growing number of bugs, but had gotten distracted when the gorgeous redhead he'd just been flirting with suddenly went a bit purple. It threw him off a bit, and he stopped fighting in his distraction. Once he had gotten over it though, he started fighting, at first making a mistake that Skyler had to bail him out of, but then getting the ebb and flow of things. He began flipping off bugs, the ground, the wall, anything, all the while shooting bugs with perfect accuracy with the pistol he had grabbed out of his thigh holster. One bug came at him in a rush, so he turned around and ran at the wall of the cafe. Running up the wall, he then backflipped off it, getting two rounds off in mid-flip at the now-confused bug. He landed on another bug, and shot it through the head while standing on it. Turning quickly he flashed a "are you impressed yet?" grin at Skyler.

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

78 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:15 pm)

((Okay Rev since you left so fast I'm going to assume you've set up a position))

Adrian was unsure of what to do.  The bugs which had started off small were multiplying faster than they could kill them.  All of a sudden a bang was heard and simultaneously a bug flew apart.  Odd.  That wasn't from the direction of anyone else, it looked like it came from outside.  He looked outside and saw no one.  It only meant one thing.

"SNIPER!  GET DOWN!"

All the others who heard him were down on the ground in an instant.  The bugs who obviously understood him left the building really fast.  Adrian crawled to the door and opened it a crack peering in the direction of a shot.  Sure enough there was a man up on the building across from them with an M82 searching for another target.  He motioned to Flip who crawled over.  He handed him his M4. 

"Flip, I would be hard pressed to make this shot can you?"

"Are croissants crescents?"  He said taking the gun.

"What?"

"Oh sorry that was a French saying."

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

79 (edited by Night Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:55 am)

Adrian rolled his eyes. "Just take the shot."

"Oui, oui, monsieur."

Flip checked the chamber, then looked through the scope, trying to stay hidden at the same time. He poked the barrel of the rifle in the sniper's direction, then he saw a muzzle flash. Luckily, his rapid reflexes kicked in, and he snapped his head to the side, using his muscle coordination to keep from snapping his neck. The shot went through where milliseconds earlier his head had been, sending up an explosion of tile and concrete shrapnel from the cafe floor behing him. Quickly he brought the rifle up, aimed and fired. Nothing happened. Flip had hit his target, but looking through his scope, he saw an intact head, with only a bit a silver showing between his eyes wher skin had been earlier. Whatever Flip had done, the sniper wasn't taking any more shots, but he was still moving. Flip took the oppurtunity, "Everyone! Go out the back door, get behind the building! I don't what we're dealing with here, but it's not dying!"

There was a mad rush for the back door, and as they were behing the cafe safely, a confused Flip stood, lost in thought, oblivious to the questions coming his way.

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

80 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:17 pm)

Blackout watched most of the fight with curiosity.  There were a couple bugs in the cafe, and there was a general air of combat.  He whistled; these guys had some serious power.  One of them seemed to be invincible, and released pink-ish energy every time he was hit.  Another never seemed to miss when he attacked, and yet another seemed to be throwing things without beinh anywhere near them.  The last one, a woman, simply held a pistol, and shot.  There had been this other guy who had dove in, all on fire, holding a longsword.  This confused Derek; how could someone on fire hold a longswod without melting it?  Ah well. 

He slipped a sword out of his sheath, and twirled it absently in his hand.  There was more action in the streets now, and a couple humans (as far as he could tell) were approaching, pistols and crowbars in hand.  His first thought was tokill them, but he realized that this would be senseless.  The humans would get ripped apart if they got into this mess.  With a mighty leap, Blackout shot through the open window, and stood in front of the approaching gang.  ((This gang isn't anyone important, just some random mutie-killing humans))

"I suggest you stay back; you will get hurt if you get in there."

The leader snorted.  "Yeah, right.  You just want to let yer mutie friends kill some pure-blood humans.  Get outta our way, or yer gonna pay."

Blackout shrugged, "I'm staying right here. You should go back.  Don't go in there."

The other man spat at Blackout.  "Get out of my way demon-boy!"

Blackout shrugged, and unsheathed his second sword with a spinning flourish.  The gang moved on some unspoken command, charging at him with weapons raised.  He met the crowbars with one sword, and used the other to parry another.  And then he moved, like a streak of black, never standing still more than half of a second, his blades moving like twin windmills, parrying and striking, only to incapacitate, not to kill this time.  Sometime during the fight, he heard the report of a powerful rifle going off, although not at him, luckily.  He concentrated on fighting.  When the gang had either fallen, or fled, Blackout stopped, and sheathed his weapons. 

His shoulder ached, and he knew that at least three bullets had struck him, although thankfully not anywhere critical.  It was onyl then that he noticed the little boy on the street, staring at him with curiosity.  Beside him was a woman lying dead, and a man with a bullet in his heart.  The woman looked like she had been killed by one of the bugs, and the man had probably been shot in the confusion of the gang fight.  Blackout told himself that he should just leave, and walk away.  But a voice in his head told him that this boy was the son of the two dead people.

He sat in the corner of his room, protected by the shadows.  His knees were drawn up to his neck, and his arms were wrapped around them.  His red eyes were wide as he sared out through the window at the swinging body of his mother, and the corpse of his father lying dead in the street.  He was alone now.

He couldn't leave the boy alone.  Blackout sighed, and walked over to where the boy stood defiantly.  The little boy spoke calmly to him.

"Hi.  I'm Tom.  My Mommy and Daddy are dead."

Blackout was shocked at how casually the boy said that.  "How do you know?"

"They always said  that a dang mutie would be the one to make them dead.  The dang bug mutie got mommy, and another one shot daddy, I think.  Are you a dang mutie?"  He said it so innocently, as if he had been prepared for the day when his parents died.  Blackout choked for a second, and then answered the question.

"Yes.  I'm a mutant."

"Are you going to make me dead too?"

"No.  I don't kill kids."

"Is it true that dang muties eat our brains?"

"I don't.  I don't know, some of us might.  But not me."

As he was talking one member of the gang that had attacked him came back, and saw him talking to Tom.

"Die you mutie scum!"  He aimed his gun at Tom's head, believing him to be a child mutant, and knowing that the children were the future for the mutants.  The adults would die soon enough, he thought.  Blackout moved like black lightning, leaping across the road, and knocking the man to the ground.  His knee hit the man's temple, and sent him to the ground.  A right cross to the jaw followed up with an uppercut knocked the man unconscious.  Seeing ths with an expression of mild interest, Tom spoke up.

"Why was he going to shoot at me?"

"He thought you were a mutant."

"But you didn't let him.  Why?"

"Because--I don't want to let them make you dead."

"I thought dang muties hated humans like me."

"Not all of us."

Blackout held out his hand to the boy, who took it gingerly, as if expecting it to bite him.  Blackout smiled, and then walked away, heading to his home on the rooftops.  He would care for the child there for the day, and then find out where his nearest relatives lived.  Then he would hand the boy over to them.  It was too dangerous to be around mutants these days, and this child was innocent, adn did not deserve the persecution of being associated with Derek.  Derek would make sure that the boy would not pay for being seen with him.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

81 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:05 pm)

Adrian tookout his binocs and observed the enemy sniper take a shot at Flip, who miraculously dodged it.  Flip then lined up his shot and took it nailing the man in his forehead.  But the thing only appeared dazed.  The skin was scraped away to reveal a shiny metal surface.  Flip shouted.

"Everyone! Go out the back door, get behind the building! I don't what we're dealing with here, but it's not dying!"

Adrian signaled everyone to go but they needed no singalling.  They were back there and Adrian and Flip made their way back.  Flip absent-mindedly handed Adrian his gun.  He didn't respond to any of the questions Zayne and Skyler asked so Adrian answered.

"As Flip said that thing isn't human.  Which means it can only be one of two things.  It is either a mutant who is siding with the humans or something we haven't seen yet.  I would think the latter as no mutant would be that stupid.

"I say we split up.  We'll al go to my place and pick up some weaponry.  Zayne and Flip will go with each other and myself and Skyler will stay paired up.  And you two."  He regarded the one with wings and a tail, and the one with spots on her.

The girl spoke up.  "I'm Arista.  And this is James."

"You two can stay together and lastly the flaming man.  You can go with Flip and Zayne."

"Gotcha."

"All right my place isn't far.  About 5 blocks.  We need to get there as fast as possible.  Follow.  But try to keep up."  He started off at a full sprint across the alleyway so he couldn't be seen from the main street.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Noah's walkie-talkie crackled to life.

"Commander, one of the mutants spotted me. He took a shot, but I am fine. They know we're here, I suggest we act immediately." Arnold's voice came in. Odd, Noah hadn't given Arnold a walkie-talkie.

"Er....right. Hold your position, try and pick 'em off from afar." Noah clicked a swithc on the radio, changing its frequency. "Team Nimrod this is Stryker, do you copy?"

"Copy, sir. Team Nimrod in position."

"Excellent. Open the hatch and procede attempts at aprehension and/or termination of the mutants. No civilian casualties, or its your head. Understood?"

"Understood sir. Please move to the edge of the roof."

Noah and Squint moved to the edge of the roof as advised, in time to watch the roof of the building split in half down the middle, and the two halves rose into the sky on hinges at opposite ends of the roof. From this opening, three black hawk helicopters, each filled GI's specifically armed to take down mutants, ascended into the air.

" Nimrod this is Stryker. Remember we have an estimated 8 mutants. I want zero civilian deaths and minimal property damage. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir." Came the reply from the other end of the line.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

83 (edited by Sev Fett Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:42 pm)

Adrian looked up at the sky.  Copters.  They were scanning the area.  Perfect.

"Everyone stay low," he hissed, "My place isn't too much farther.  Quick.  Stealth isn't an option anymore."

He began off at full tilt.  Flip was right behind him.  Followed by James.  The rest were keeping up quite well.  Adrian took a sharp left.  He arrived at an apartment.  Leaping up the fire escape he pulled himself up to the second story.  Everyone else followed suit.  He looked at one of the windows.  Smashing the glass he made his way in.  Helping everyone through he stopped once everyone was in.  He made his way to a closet and pulled out a giant chest.

"My weapons cache."  He opened it to find  multitude of military weapons.  The walls of the closet also folded in to reveal even more.

((Okay so we have for choice
4 MP5N (Submachine gun)
1 M82A1  (I'll be takin this one)
2 M4A1 SOPMOD (Basic Rifle(M203 attachment available))
2 RPG (Highly suggest someome take one of these for helis)
1 M249 SAW (Light machine gun)
4 Dester Eagles Mark XIX .50 cal AE (Pistol)
2 W1200 (Shot gun)
4 M9 pistol
8 Grenades
8 Flashbangs
4 Smoke
They all include extra ammo.  So that's quite a bit.  If there is any major things I missed let me know.))

Adrian grabbed the M82A, a Desert Eagle and some more ammo for his M4A1.  He still had some grenades and flashbangs so he didn't need any.

84 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:44 pm)

( reguarding the number of bugs: yeah thats fine with me,)

The bugs regrouped on a near by roof top, and then retreated down a near by swear hole, this battle wasnt worth loosing the whole hive.

As soon as the bugs arrived to the part of the swears that they had made there nest, the excess bugs were quickly eaten by the others, so only four remained.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

James looked over the weapons, he had replaced the blindfold, no one had seen his eyes apparently, usualy people stared when the did. He reached forward and grabbed the SAW. It was a nice weapon, could be considered heavy but, he was himself.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

86 (edited by peter5158 Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:11 pm)

uI take a desert eagle, 3 grenades, and a m4ai with a m203 attachment. 
"Hey guys, I forgot to say i'm Aegob." I say while examing my weapons.

chuck norris once put his finger in the air and said "bang" and a plane crashed but but boba fett once tapped on something and 3 capital ships crashed.

Tom proved useful.  He ended up giving a virtual list of next-of-kin's, and it didn't take too much time or effort to convince the boy that he was visiting Uncle John for now.  The boy was excited, and complied readily with any instructions Blackout gave him.  Soon Tom stood three houses down from his Uncle's home.

"This is it now, Tom.  Tell them what happened, but don;t say anything about me, okay?"

"Okay Derek.  You know, you're not such a bad dang mutant after all."  And then Tom skipped off down the street, leaving Blackout to grin after him.  Children like that were worth fighting for; they didn't deserve to grow up in a life of war.  As he wound his way back through the streets, he smiled widely.  There was good in this  world after all.  His epiphany was cut short at the sounds of combat helicopters roaring by overhead.  he was dragged quite painfully back to the fact that humans and mutants were in fact, at war with each other.  And that war came before thinking blissfully about the future.  He set his jaw, and dimmed the light around him to make it harder to detect him, and walked on.

((Hey, would it be okay if I made a Sentinel (X-Men) type character to hunt Blackout?))

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

88 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:41 pm)

Adrian looked around at the others.  He saw everyone going through trying to get their weapons.  BUt someone was missing.  Skyler.  He scanned the room and saw his bedroom door opened.  Making his way to the door he pushed it opened.  She was going through a small cardboard box he kept under the bed.  In it he had kept all of his personal possessions from the 500 years of his life.  She was holding some pictures a World War 1 and 2 medals.  Skyler put them down and began looking at more stuff.  She saw him and stopped rummaging but couldn't put some stuff back.  He quickly made his way over to her and grabbed the box to keep her from getting to the deeper stuff.  That was were all the older stuff was kept.  His mind was madly working up an excuse.  She pointed to the picture of his platoon.   She had found him.

"Both of these men look exactly like you.  One is dated 1917 and the other 1942!"

"My grandfather.  He served in World War Two..  As his father served in World War One."

"Strong family resemblance.  I could have sworn that was you."

"What can I say.  Better grab some weapons before they are gone."

"All right.  See you out there handsome."

Noah, Squint, and Arnold were riding in one of the copters, searching for mutants.

"You got a lock on 'em yet?" Noah asked Arnold.

"One, the bug one, I think, has retreated underground. Another is walking along the street. Should we confront him?"

"Nah, let's get as many at once as we can."

"5 of them are in an apartment building just over there." Arnold said, pointing at an apartment complex.

"Let's go bag and tag 'em, boys."

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

((Before we go again just let everyone grab their weapons))

Flip looked disappointed. "You have any sniper rifles?" he asked, hopefully.

(Good idea Mando, I figured that there should be mutants who sided with humans, but they were wiped out. however, mutant vs mutant works out well too.)

Zayne picked up the shotgun, along with a few more rounds.

"So, we're really going all out, huh?"

"You bet."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squint was sitting in the copter, hands on his gun, ready to fire at will. In his head, he was already imaging the triumphant victory of the militia, and all mutants being wiped out or put into slavery.

"Ah only this one sorry."  He hefted the M82, "but you can hit anything with everything.  So why does it matter?"

"I-I-ummm, I name them... And I lost my last one. Her name was... n-n- nevermind, it's stupid." Flip said with emotion.

((It wasn't gonna be a mutant.  More of an earlier attempt at Revan's character, a robot that hunts muties.  If it's alright, I'll post his specs))

Blackout heard the choppers pass overhead again, a couple of them moving in on a single area.  A higher concentration of mutants?  Who knew, but what he did know was that they were in danger, adn he had an obligation to help.  He began to run.

James looked over at Flip, an eyebrow raised. "You name your guns?" Flip looked down "I......yes." he was getting upset it seemed.

97 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:42 pm)

"In his defense old Bessie here served me quite well in Iraq."  He patted the sniper.  Picking up one of the M4A1's he tossed it to Flip.

"The ACOG is a good sight."

Flip mulled it over.

98 (edited by Night Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:24 pm)

"Um, okay. Ummmm, I'll attach it to the M4A1, please."

Adrian handed him the rifle.

"Thanks." Then he said, below his breath, "Hey there, Skyler..." stroking the gun all the while. Smiling, he tried out the sight.

((ACOG was attached but whatever.))

100 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:01 pm)

James watched as Skyler walked in, the best part of the blindfold was that no one cold see what you were looking at. Not that anyone could tell what he was looking at anyways, his eyes were completely blank, seemingly unseeing. He grinned, and looked back down at the SAW, he was busy familierizing himself with the weapon, learning how to reload, check, clear and put the gun on safe.