Re: Mutant Hunt - RPG

Suddenly the trooper was covered in black.  Blackout.  It must be.  Adrian turned to see Blackout walking down the hall. 

"Hey Blackout."  Adrian turned back to the darkness to see a flashbang come out of the darkness.  He fired a small burst of energy which threw it into the darkness.  A sound was heard but no flash was seen.  A hail of bullets were sent out there way one of which clipped Adrian.

"You still have a heat source."

The commando strode out of the darkness.  Adrian sprnted across the hall and tackled him.  He wrestled the gun from his hands and was kicked off.  The gun slid down the hall towards Skyler and BLackout.  Adrian was back on his feet KA-BAR in hand.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

327 (edited by Night Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:20 pm)

Flip felt the second smoke grenade hit him in the gut and go off. Flip landed and recovered the breath knocked out of him by the grenade. The area was soon covered in smoke. "Actually, I was really good at dodgeball in school. I don't know, the whole "being-a-mutant thing" really helps in PE." Flip caught a glance of Jackson through a break in the smoke, and utilizng his dead-quiet stealth, he snuck up to the spot where he last caught a glimpse of him. Jackson was looking around, tryiing to lacate Flip, but instead, in a series of lightning fast movements, Flip completely disarmed him, and threw his various weapons into the smoke. "How tough are you without your guns? Let's find out." Flip squared off and went into a fighting stance, watching Jackson closely...

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

Zayne was sweating, he was thinking of a way out of this one.

First, I'll have to disable his gun. Then, I should presume to completely disarm him and knock him unconscious, while I can make my escape. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

Using his telekinetic powers, Zayne disabled the trigger to the man's gun, with some relief after hearing a small clink, indicating the trigger was broken.

"What the hell? The trigger snapped off!"

"Good enough for me!"

Zayne turned around and punched the man square in the face, then got behind him and kicked him straight behind his kneecaps. While the man was on his knees, Zayne proceeded to finish him off with a Vulcan neck-bench, sending the man to dreamland.

"Have fun" said Zayne as he walked off while the man fell to the ground, unconscious.

329 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:23 pm)

((Hey, Night, AMSTs have thermal in their armor, smoke makes them invisble to you not the other way around))

Greg quickly replaced the X-83, and pulled his pistol from its holster, quickly pointing at the blonde mutants legs and tripple tapping the trigger. He heard a scream, and saw the target fall to the ground, but he didnt know if he had actually hit her or not. He turned his aim to Adrian. Lowering his weapon and firing at the ex-SEAL's foot. He was going to take him alive, as ordered.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

((Edited))

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

Adrian saw the man fire and immediately rolled.  But he wasn't aiming for him.  He was aiming for Skyler.

"No!"

Another shot rang out and Adrian felt a pain lance through his foot.  The commando had shot his foot.  Adrian turned  back to the commando and rushed him before he could fire.  The commando expertly disarmed Adrian.  They struggled a bit and the commando forced Adrian onto the ground.  Adrian managed to kick him off and they were both up in a flash.  The commando landed a few punches before Adrian shoved him away.  Getting in close Adrian shoved the heel of the palm right into the commando's face.  He stumbled back stunned.  Adrian did a few more times until he collapsed.  Blackout looked at Adrian and applauded.  Adrian made his way over to Skyler who was on the ground in pain.  Tearing his sleeves he tied a tourniquet above her wounds.

"Quick, Blackout, we need to get her someone.  We need you to cover our escape.  Create a distraction.  I need to get her out of here."

"Gotcha."

Adrian took Skyler in his arms and made his way for the door with Blackout following.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

I take out my rifle and get into a prone positon. I see some soldiers in range. I make sure not to turn my fire on so nobody sees me.
"Stop!" I yell at them.
"Mutant where are you?" they yell together looking for me.
"Surrender and I won't kill you!" I yell.
I don't want to kill them.
"Kill us? We'll kill you!!!!!!!!!" one of them yells and they start shooting in my direction.
I shoot one, he screams and dies. I keep shooting

chuck norris once put his finger in the air and said "bang" and a plane crashed but but boba fett once tapped on something and 3 capital ships crashed.

Blackout nodded at Adrian, and drained the light around him, creating a wide radius effect, making an obvious void in the hallways...in the dead opposite direction that Adrian and Skyler were headed.    He made sure to engage it just as Adrian adn Skyler left the boundary of the void.  He followed, keeping his field large enough to cover every possible exit.  Since Adrian and Skyler were ahead of the field, they weren't affected by the lack of light, while he followed, making aure that their enemies didn't know which way they turned until they were already long gone.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

334 (edited by Valthonin Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:34 pm)

(Alright...i'm sorry, but I am quitting this RPG. I actually didn't want to join in the first place because I saw that the mutants completely overpowered the humans and they were treating them like rag dolls, knocking them unconscious and disabling them at every turn.

Now, Im sorry Fett_II but, that was just unfiar what just happened to Fort. You comletely disabled my gun and knocked me unconscious without giving me a chance to defend myself like I did for you. I did not imediatly capture you or knock you out. I stopped and gave you a chance. You just completely wrecked my character without a second glance.

Then, Night also overpowers a human character like nothing in 2 sentences. His character was not even supposed to be able to see in the smoke and he saw Ph34r's character clear as day and left him helpless.

"Flip completely disarmed him, and threw his various weapons into the smoke. "

He completely disarmed a commando in super armor that was specifically trained to hold himself against mutants. A character who is expertly trained in close quarters combat no doubt and couldn't even block one move or do much of anything.

There are more examples, but these are the most recent. I jsut dont feel you can ever adequatly mix humans and mutants in an RPG because the humans are going to be Knocked unconscious at every turn like now. I'm sorry for being like this, but it had to be said. For now, lets just say that Colonel Daniel Fortesque has been recalled back to base.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

((I hear ya man. I just don't wanna call it quits for two reasons.

One: I like the idea of this RP.

And Two: If I give in, the mutant terrorists win! :-P))

"Jeez, man. They oughta call you Deus Ex Machina." Jackson snapped at his foe, assuming a fighting stance. The two combatants stood still, watching eachother, waiting...
---------------------------------------------------------
Noah watched the lady mutant and Adrian beat a hasty retreat.

"Like Hell your gettin away again..." He picked up his binocs, switched to thermal, and followed them, in cognito.

((Sorry, allz I got, it's gettin late in my native timezone.))

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

(ah, sorry to see ya go. if u want, i can edit the post)

(It's alright Fett_II, I cant dedicate myself completely to this RPG now. Maybe Fort will make a return. But for now, I dont like what's being done here and I honestly dont want to play this RPG anymore. If I see improvement, maybe i'll come back, nothing personal. It was a good idea Fett_II, it just doesnt work as well as it should)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

((I'm kinda of inclined to agree with Val. For instance the military all know that Skyler can shape shift although she hasn't done it in front of them, nor is she a registered mutant. Plus being followed to Sea World seemed a bit too convenient. There seems to be an element of "God Mode" here...))

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

((Begins eating brains.))

((Well I'm going to attempt to make some chaos...))

As Adrian carried Skyler she noticed Zayne supposedly take out Fortesque. Skyler had a sneaking suspicion that the soldier was playing possum. Just as Zayne turned his back on Fortesque the soldier nailed him with a stun baton.

Skyler smiled despite herself, the soldier was no one's fool. She instantly cringed at the pain as Adrian turned quickly and her injured legs smacked together.

-

Jasmine teleported behind Noah to kick him in the butt again only this time he knew she was coming. He grabbed her by the throat and held a gun at her head. "Don't plan on going anywhere, little girl."

Jasmine was tempted to say something smart but her breath caught in her throat as she realised that one of the soldiers was her ex boyfriend. Dan Fortesque must have realised it at the same time as his eyes met hers and his mouth dropped open for a moment. Then his attention seemed to turn to Adrian who was carrying Skyler as her legs were injured. "Run!" Jasmine shouted to them and waited to see what Dan would do.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

341 (edited by Sev Fett Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:47 am)

Adrian looked on in horror as Noah took Jasmine by the throat.  He didn't know what to do.  But his mind was made up after seeing Dan disarm Zayne and Jasmine words.

"Run!"

Adrian took off out the gate.  Not caring if they were being followed he continued on.  (Opening for some to take out the unfair unadvantage in the form of Dr. Leeds.  *cough*Val*cough*) Skyler gave a grunt of disagreement at the treatment.

"Hold on Skyler.  We need to get to Leeds."  Adrian continued on.  Adrian got to thinking of his service in Iraq...

"Okay SEALS.  This is Captain Fortesque.  He will be leading you and a group of his Marines into the bunker to capture the target.  We need him alive.  The rest of the targets are of no conseuqunce.  Now move out SEALS."

I cautiously move in following Captain Fortesque.  I am the second highest ranking SEAL.  So I move in right behind him.  He backs against the wall.  Two guards come down the hall completely missing us.  He takes out one and the other spins eyes wide.  He opens his mouth to yell but I slit his throat before words escape.  We both flash each other a smile.  I take point and making sure to check my corners.  I see another one pacing the hall.  I motion to him and he pulls out the silenced MP5.  He takes a shot and the man goes down.  This was turning out better than I thought.  Suddenly from behind us a scream is heard.  One of the other Marines got sloppy.

"It's on now.  I pull out the M16 and line up as the terrorists come down the hall.  They are all sitting ducks.  We all move down the hall.  Stealth isn't an option any more.  We move through the halls clearing all rooms.  Finally we find the target.  He's waving a pistol around.  Suddenly out of nowhere he yeslls something and puts the gun to his head.

Dan knows what's about to happen.  "Oh s-" 

The man blows his brains out. 

"How lovely.  Mission failed guys.  Let's get out of here."

Hey Captain.  Valiant effort in there.  You win some you lose some."

"And you are?"

"Adrian.  People call me Syphon.  It's a nickname my mother gave me."

"Well you did pretty good Syphon.  Your are a great soldier."

Adrian stumbled into the medical centre.  Dr. Leeds came around the corner.

"Ah.  Hello..."

"Adrian."

Yes."  He eyed Skyler.  "Quick come this way."  Adrian followed Leeds to a small room.  He lay her down on the bed.  Dr. Leeds used his power to heal Skyler.  Someone was watching though...

Greg heard a loud beeping sound and suddenly he was in a world of pain. It faded quickly, and his vision cleared. Bauer reached down and hauled Greg up. He grabbed his pistol, which had found its way to the other side of the tunnel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(*cough*netpost*cough*)

James had found an exit. He climbed upward, and looked around, It was in an alley, and it looked safe for now. He climed out, and helped Arista out. After a few moments he spoke "Where do you think we should go?"

Squint saw one of the mutants lying on the ground, and Fortesque next to him. Running over, Squint butted in.

"Did you kill him?"

"No, I conked him on the head with my bat."

"Alright. Nice work. Uh, I'll take him."

"Why?"

"I have my reasons."

"Fine. You take him."

Squint picked up Zayne by the neck, and dragged him out of the area.

Fort saw Noah holding Jasmine at gunpoint and his gut clenched. Their relationship was...well...over. But they've always had mixed feelings. He could not let this continue. However, he could not let Adrian go...despite past occurances. Fort grabbed his radio.

"Bauer!" He yelled into it.

"Yes sir?" Bauer called back

"I've got a visual on two mutants here exiting through the main gate of this place. Follow them, and make sure they dont see you. I have a feeling theyre going to lead us to something important..."

"Alright sir im on my way" (Is that ok Ad? I needed someone to go, if not i can get some random soldiers or something)

Fort released his radio and ran to Noah who pressed his gun against Jasmine's head.

"Release her, Noah!" Fort called as he ran to him. Noah looked back and gave Fort a look of "Who is this guy to talk to me like that?"

"She is a mutant...a dangerous one at that and I think her head should be splattered as soon as possible." Noah said looking back at the terrified Jasmine.

"That is an order Noah." Fort said with firm resolve and he walked up next to Noah and looked him in the eyes. Noah rolled his eyes and released her. He took the gun off her head and walked away to look for another mutant for capture. Fort stood in front of Jasmine as she rubbed her neck.

"Jasmine...causing more trouble I see?" Fort said, yet his tone was not too comical.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Jasmine shrugged, “I guess I just keep falling in with the wrong sorts of people.”

“You are the wrong sort of person,” Noah growled.

Jasmine was feeling rather awkward. She’d never really gotten over Dan. She replied to Noah’s backhanded comment, “Well in such a case I guess I should leave.” She prepared to teleport out but Dan grabbed her by the arm. “What?” She asked a little testily.

Dan opened his mouth then closed it again before speaking, “So what do your mutant friends want?”

Jasmine let out a disgusted sigh, “Still as clueless as ever I see.” With that Jasmine prepared to teleport.

BFFC Moderator

Arista looked around. She was about to suggest that they find the others but she hissed as her leg caught on a rusty piece of metal that cut into her flesh. “Ow man. I just hurt my leg.”

She got to her feet to examine the wound, James also took a look. “I think we need to visit the good doctor,” James said with concern.

“I should be okay,” Arista said then winced as she put some weight on her leg.

“We’re going to see the doctor and that’s the end of that,” James said as he picked her up and leapt into the sky heading towards Dr Leed’s.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

347 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Saturday, February 2, 2008 5:00 pm)

James had made his way to Leed's building. When he got there he set down quickly and stepped though the door. The doctor had been in a different room, he came out as James stepped in. "Back so soon, eh?" James put Arista down gently on one of the tables. He stepped back watching Arista, he had removed the mask and blindfold, and he was sure that the concern on his face was obvious. He knew she would be fine, but he still didnt like this for some reason.

Tinman was about to begin chatting with the other android when his communications systems beeped.  Operator's voice came over the system.

"WHAT are you doing?  I ordered you to eliminate Blackout.  But it doesn't matter now, I have a better fate in store for him.  Tinman, your orders are to locate, and capture, alive, the target.  Bring him to me.  NOW."

It looked like Tinman's conversation with the other one would have to wait.  He took to the air, and engaged his tracking systems, following Blackout's signature to Seaworld.  The target was fleeing, and was using his powers while doing so.  Tinman landed in front of him, and engaged his flamethrower, forcing Blackout to shut down his power, and jump to the side.  A stream of bullets followed him, and one clipped him in the calf, slowing him down long enough for Tinman to grab him, and sling him over his shoulder, slamming Blackout's head against the titanium chassis that was Tinman's body, blacking Blackout out.  He then took to the air again, and flew off, prize in hand.  That had been easier than expected.

----

Blackout woke up with a daze, and found himself staring at a rack of very sharp looking utensils, most of them glowing a red glow.  He was strapped down to a steel table; all of his limbs were pinned.  A man in a lab coat walked up to him, and smiled darkly.

"Welcome Derek.  You will grow to be good friends with me in the short times ahead."  He then grabbed one of the objects, and jabbed it into Blackout's leg.  The pain of the burning spike ripped through Blackout, and caused him to convulse.  The next few hours...or were they days...he couldn't tell, were wracked with pain and fire, torment on both the physical and mental levels.  His mind, shut so long against pain, crumbled, and it washed through him.  And all through the torture treatment, the robot called Tinman watched, and recorded for future reference, the breaking of the mind of a mutant.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Skyler was surprised to see that Arista and James were also in to see Dr Leeds. "Hey guys, what are you doing here?"

Arista looked as though she blushed although it was hard to tell with her skin colouring, "I was careless and hurt myself." She told as she showed them her cut.

"Ouch," Skyler commented and suddenly felt uneasy. "Where you guys followed?"

BFFC Moderator

James looked over towards the door. "I dont know." He glanced over at Arista for a second, even though she wouldent be able to tell where he was looking, he quickly looked away when her gaze turned to him for a moment. "We should leave as soon as the doc patches your leg up."