Re: Boba cant be jaster

Before Attack of the Clones, Boba's real name was Jaster due to Tales of the Bounty Hunters being published. When ATOC was released it was revealed that Boba's real name was Boba after all. This created alot of tension between "Jaster" Boba fans and "Boba" Boba Fett fans. So this was solved by stating that Boba used Jaster's name during his stay on Concord Dawn to fit in better.

So calling Boba Fett, Jaster Mareel isnt so wrong. It's just not his actual name its an alias.

"One day, Fi, I'm going to give you a good slap." - Darman

Still angry at George for doing that...the second he decides to change canon material that he (indirectly) approved of...he may declare all the novels, comics, and expanded universe that authors have been creating for years, to be "fan fiction" and replace it with his own hideous storyline.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

3 (edited by KudarMubat15 Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:47 pm)

Orden Ttef wrote:

Before Attack of the Clones, Boba's real name was Jaster due to Tales of the Bounty Hunters being published. When ATOC was released it was revealed that Boba's real name was Boba after all. This created alot of tension between "Jaster" Boba fans and "Boba" Boba Fett fans. So this was solved by stating that Boba used Jaster's name during his stay on Concord Dawn to fit in better.

So calling Boba Fett, Jaster Mareel isnt so wrong. It's just not his actual name its an alias.

I hear that him being Jaster was just a rumor and the story is a story of a rumor...

Boba is not Jaster whether he can or can not be. The movies greatly outway the books in what is cannon or not. Even still, he can not be Jaster. He would be 50-60 years old in the OT, and also for ARC's reasons.

EDIT:

Still angry at George for doing that...the second he decides to change canon material that he (indirectly) approved of...he may declare all the novels, comics, and expanded universe that authors have been creating for years, to be "fan fiction" and replace it with his own hideous storyline.

I hear the only "cannon" material is what is in the movies... That is what I was told, anyway.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

I agree, Boba is not Jaster. Boba might have sometimes used the name Jaster as an alias, but I don't know for sure. Boba also might have heard that people thought he was Jaster, and never bothered to correct them. The New Essential Guide to Characters says that that's pretty much all it is: That people hear stories and rumors and then spread to them more and add to them, and that some are inspired or encouraged by Boba.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

no I wasnt here 9 months ago, I had just found this site about 5 months ago.

Personally I like George's background of Boba better. Its nice to see he was taught most of his bounty hunting and Mandalorian skills from his father. Its also nice that Jango's backstory shows what happened to the Mandalorians. To me it all fits and makes perfect sence. The jaster story never made much sence to me at all.

He doesnt wear Jaster's armor, he wears Jango's helmet (note the dent in the helmet that Jango gained in the arena which is exactly in the same spot as Boba's) Boba got the armor resized to fit him and painted it green.

Ooh, I get to play devil's advocate!  The Jaster story came first, and being in Tales of the Bounty Hunters would make one think that it's cannon (as opposed to Star Wars Tales or something else ridiculous).  In addition, it was a very good background story.  It created a great deal of mystery--just what is a Journeyman Protector?  Who did Jaster kill, and what had the man done?  Was he justified in his actions?  Also, the idea of him being a Journey Protector at such a young age (and taking drastic actions to fight for justice) showed how amazing he was.  Finally, it introduced his moral code by giving us his Last Statement, with phrases like "For the Just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar."  By defining evil, Jaster showed that he did not fall into that category.  It provided a glimpse into the soul of a complicated man.  Oh, yes, and Jaster Mereel is a cool name.  wink  Now, of course, Open Seasons (written LONG after Tales) messes up the whole Jaster story, but that was done just to fix all the discontinuity that occurred after Ep. II, so it doesn't really seem fair to use at as a means of disqualifying Tales of the Bounty Hunters.
(Disclaimer: I actually prefer the Clone Boba story, mostly because Little Boba was cute and it makes life a lot easier.)

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

I have the Tales of the Bounty Hunter book. It is pretty cool. I like it but that dose not mean I have to agree with it. Before EPII came out, I would have thought Boba was Jaster. But Jaster was killed in a charge led be Montross.

LATER DUDES!!

-Boba Dude

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

KudarMubat15 wrote:

I hear the only "cannon" material is what is in the movies... That is what I was told, anyway.

See? See?  That's exactly what I'm talking about.
My concern is that George, in an effort to squeeze more money out of his fans, would set a tv series (or worse, another movie trilogy) following the events of R0TJ, that does not conform to the expanded universe.   
"Oh, Thrawn's a cool character, great villian and all, but I think I would rather use a Darth Thrawnius or something and do it all my way."
"It's my universe, and I can do whatever I want."   mad
I really don't like George...and should the expanded universe become "fan fiction" to him, and he replaces it with his own stupid crud...I would cease to have any interest in George's Star Wars whatsoever.

-Captian Murphy

10 (edited by Boba Dude Friday, March 17, 2006 1:01 pm)

BalanceSheet wrote:
KudarMubat15 wrote:

My concern is that George, in an effort to squeeze more money out of his fans, would set a tv series (or worse, another movie trilogy) following the events of R0TJ, that does not conform to the expanded universe.   
"Oh, Thrawn's a cool character, great villian and all, but I think I would rather use a Darth Thrawnius or something and do it all my way."
I really don't like George...and should the expanded universe become "fan fiction" to him, and he replaces it with his own stupid crud...I would cease to have any interest in George's Star Wars whatsoever.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/Yamato456/bunny.jpg

lol, I have that picture too.
I'm talking about the possibility of George creating another movie trilogy after the Return of the Jedi, or a TV series set after it, that he would discard the novels that already exist and create his own version.

-Captian Murphy

I definetely like Boba Fett's backstory as presented in Episode II much better than what we saw in a Bounty Hunter book. This was all explained away by saying Boba preferred to have this alternate, wrong backstory. Works fine by me tongue

I have to rabbits, both that breed, one of them would do that, the other would freak out. That is really funny.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

BalanceSheet wrote:

I agree, a third trilogy, or horror of all horrors, a tv series would destroy everything.

15 (edited by Boba Dude Friday, March 17, 2006 5:31 pm)

BalanceSheet wrote:

lol, I have that picture too.
I'm talking about the possibility of George creating another movie trilogy after the Return of the Jedi, or a TV series set after it, that he would discard the novels that already exist and create his own version.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3484376
Sorry do burst everyones bubble but....

BalanceSheet wrote:

Hear, hear.  I dont think I will ever forgive GL for doing a second trilogy, which stabbed Boba's mysterious history, his voice, and had insanely bad actors.  with a knife.
  If I ever met George today, it would take a great deal of control and discipline not to punch him repeatedly in the face while screaming "Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!" 
(That's Mando'a for  "Don't mess with the Mandalorians!")

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

In my oppinion.......Boba was never Jaster but rather never refused to being him when asked....out of respect for his father's master and all......and the reason many thought he was jaster is because *Boba Fett wears his armour!*!*!*!*! helloooooo   ya know....after wearing another guys armor....people get to thinking that you are that guy   ya know....lol  so....has anyone ever heard the same thing???......i read it out of a book of sw char.s......

MandalorianSpy9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

Yes, it does say in the New Essential Guide to Characters that Boba wears Jaster's armor.

So does that finish up this post....i mean now we know that boba isn't jaster and that the concept of it is just a misconception that many people in the galaxy have.

MandalorianSpy9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane