Re: When Did Your Fettish Start?

My love for the Fett probably began sometime in my todler years since I could say Obi-wan before Daddy or Mamma. Anyway I can't remember when I started lov'n Boba I just always have. My first book was one of thows Star Wars sticker, picture, Phantom Menace books.  Each member of my family has a character they love and devote most of there sanity. Dad =Darth Vader/ Bane   Joann(cousin) =Boss/Niner  Jessica(best friend) =Jango  Mom =Obi-wan   Brother =da gooba fish  Me =Boba Fett Duh!! Anyway I think I've Boba Fett since day one.
big_smile

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

Wow!!! You're ahead of me. I was already eleven going on twelve when I developed a Fettish.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Well all those years without BFFC was almost misery. tongue

-Boba Fett-

154 (edited by MossNoth Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:00 am)

I grew up watching the Star Wars OT. I was the kind of kid that would see a movie once and be able to quote it verbatim, and also the type to watch a movie over and over, all day long, for weeks on end. I liked all the characters, really (even Darth Vader...his costume was so cool to me).

My brother's favorite character was Boba Fett. He had a lot of the 1980s runs of SW figures (the ones that came in the Darth Vader helmet case), and I used to play with those a lot as a toddler/small child. The way that the Boba Fett figurines (he had several different kinds) looked had always interested me, and I used to have fun making Boba and the other characters have blaster battles (Boba won a lot).

I suppose my longtime fondness for The Fett started there, but my hardcore Fettish didn't really start until a few weeks ago when my friend (who happens to be a bigtime SW buff) started talking in the Mandalorian accent to me (which I found out makes me weak in the knees) and telling me all about how cool Mandalorians (especially Boba) are. I started looking stuff up on Mandos, and I was hooked.

Now, I can't get enough of Mandos and Boba Fett. I've been doing research on Mando' a (that's the Mando language, for all you wermos), and I'm even planning on making Mando armour and joining the Phoenix Guard of the 501st, so I'm practicing me accent. Today I even found myself skipping gleefully to the SW aisle in the toy section of Target, and scouring the figures for Boba and his fellow Mandos (I was very disappointed to find several Anakin ones, but no Bobas...damn you, Target).

I hope that wasn't too boring. XD

Mandalorians - very good at providing little deaths in large quantities.

155 (edited by ee-3 Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:08 pm)

Wasn't boring at all... and have you read any of the "Republic Commandos" books MossNoth ... they're really good! That's where i got hooked on Mandos instead of just Boba big_smile

-Boba Fett-

Hey, ee-3: I purchased Republic Commando: Hard Contact on Saturday, began reading it on Monday afternoon, and had finished it by Monday evening. I couldn't put it down. It was excellent. I'll definitely be purchasing the other two books in the Republic Commando trilogy, and then move on to read Order 66. Thanks for recommending the series to me. (At least, I think that that was the particular series that you recommended. ;;>_>)

Yeah, they're AMAZING. Straight up amazing. I love them. If you loved HC, you'll love the others even more. They get better. And thats rather fast--I don't think I was even that fast.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

I think I started reading at around 3 and finished at about 9...6 hours minus time away for an hour's sleep and cooking dinner...maybe about 3-4 hours? Wow. I guess that is fast, now that I think about it. I'm totally buying the other two, though. People can give Traviss crap about "ruining Boba Fett" but I don't see how anyone could deny that she's a brilliant writer. I even warmed up to the Jedi a little bit (and that says something).

it all started w/ episodes 5-6 w/ boba in that awsome armor i just went crazy

i dont care if you kill me it'll just one more worthless person out of the world. J. fett

in '96 with shadows of the empire i got a boba fett vs. ig-88 two pack of action figures + comic. first star wars toy i ever owned, i was in 6th grade. chaos ensued... lol

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

when i first watched star wars episode 5 when i was about 6 smile

Star Wars in 1977 but in 1980 I saw Empire Strikes Back [I was a kid] and been a Mandalorian fan ever since.... mainly Boba the Fett

"No lower life-form is worth going hungry for." ―Boba Fett to Luke Skywalker

Boba_the_Fett wrote:

Star Wars in 1977 but in 1980 I saw Empire Strikes Back [I was a kid] and been a Mandalorian fan ever since.... mainly Boba the Fett

That's incredible!! I am 3-4 years older than you and
I don't remember anything about Boba Fett from Star Wars in 1977. I don't recall seeing him at all until the Holiday Special 1.5 years later and ESB of course.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

No, I meant in '80 when Empire came out that's my first time seeing Boba and was hooked on him ever since.
I've been hooked on Star Wars since '77 LOL

"No lower life-form is worth going hungry for." ―Boba Fett to Luke Skywalker

Okay, I thought it went something like that.

Empire Strikes Back

"I want to hunt down every last crab-boy in the galaxy. Whether you have a deal with them or not, Mand'alor."
    ―Goran Beviin

First time I saw an ad for the toys in a comic book. I thought... "Who is that badass, green stormtrooper?"

Ante Gotovina is a knight of valor in the dungeon of lies.

I think I read somewhere that George Lucas was trying to make him look like a morph between a knight and a stormtrooper.

Really? Well, when I met George I will be sure to ask him...

Ante Gotovina is a knight of valor in the dungeon of lies.

From what I remember, I have been hooked since I saw Return of the Jedi for the first time.  Somewhere around '90...

I remember buying a Shadows of the Empire comic that came with IG-88 and Boba Fett figures, one of the first things I saved money for.

"To be a Gringo in Mexico, ah, that is euthanasia."

Right when I first saw the Bounty hunter on Empire Strikes Back. I almost cried when he went into the Sarlacc.  I was overjoyed when I found out he blew the sucker up to get out. Kudo's to Dengar for nursing him back.

EEB- toor JAHT-nay toor ASH-ahd-KEE-ram-oor  - Today is a good day for someone else to die -

Actually i think i remember seeing Bounty Hunter at Game Stop and buying it thinking... WOW... THAT LOOKS SO COOL!!!! BUY IT DADDY, BUY IT!!!( of coarse he didn't and a few days later, i did. ^w^

"I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe."

I became a fan right after he popped out from behind that wall and took those shots at Luke in ESB. Back then, my friends and I were wondering if Boba could be "the OTHER".

Freelance artist available for commissions!

What? How could I have not responded to this thread... ?

Anyway, it didn't start until my teens for me. It was when the original SW trilogy was released on DVD in early 2000's. My brother got them for Christmas and we had a marathon. Sometime during ESB and ROTJ, I was just... *BAM* captivated by Boba Fett.
Sometime shortly there after, I remember responding to on an internet forum (not this one, but a videogame realted forum) on the topic of favourite SW character, and I commented how I thought it was sad that Boba had died in the Sarlacc. Well, another member was kind enough to inform me that he survived in the books. My life was changed for ever. Possessing this new found knowledge, I hunted down any Boba Fett related novel I could find. Read Tales of the Bounty Hunters and the Boba Fett trilogy, and I was hooked on the character for good!

I think I've been a Fett fan for over 5 years now. Sure my passion sometimes ebbs and flows, but Boba will likely always be one of the largest fictional character obsessions I have ever had! big_smile

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

3 weeks ago when i watched the starwars trilogy (not the preQuel one) also when i was playing star wars battlefront 2

crocodiles cry when they eat they're prey