Re: When Did Your Fettish Start?

i sleep with my boba fett action figure, its kind creepy

Try not to post twice in a row, as that is spam. You can use the edit button to add anything to a previous post.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

53 (edited by mando316 Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:11 pm)

Back in the day when ESB was FIRST released...'79.  Fett caught my eye and I knew there was just something about him.. something I identified with.  At 8yrs old, I wasnt able to put my finger on it but I just knew I liked something about him.. then as the years went by and I started finding my own place in this strange world we live in.. and after many viewings of the GREATEST SCI FI MOVIE OF ALL TIME.. I realized the reason I liked Boba Fett SOOOO much.  He was self reliant, a loner, a renegade, a mystery.  He was his own man.. He made himself who he was,  Now mind you , this was LOONG before the whole CLONE storyline.  Boba Fett was one of a kind.  Not a Rebel, nor an Imperial. He made his own way in the universe being loyal to only himself.  He went where the money took him.  He never played favorites and never made his marks personal.  He was always STRICTLY business when it came to his job.  I realized over my 35yrs that I have acquired many of these traits in my own life.  Boba Fett is more than just a character in a movie to me.. He IS me...

[b][color=green] Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din[/color][/b]

You do not need to post in color.

draco! come on! I like it, and a very interesting story I might add. Kind of close to mine....

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

I didn't read the story cause of the color. My poor eyes... I could struggle through it if I wanted but I didn't feel like it.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

oh poor Miba.........For pete SAKE! tongue READ IT NOW!!! tongue

TW lol

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Colors like that can give many people headacs.

draco fett wrote:

You do not need to post in color.

I know I dont need to; I just want to.

If you are using color so more people will read your post, the color will likely keep people from reading it.

draco fett wrote:

If you are using color so more people will read your post, the color will likely keep people from reading it.

Wow!  Thats so cute!  When you say that it actually sounds like you think I might honestly give a &@#$!!

You post your way, I'll post mine!!

I happen to give a "&@#$!!". Weird colors like that give me a headache.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Does it really matter that much???? Who cares??? hmm Just use a little bit darker color, OK mando1316?

TW

True Warrior,  since you asked nicely.  Is this any better?

Yanno, I don't really care about post colors. As long as it isn't gray letters on a gray background.
On second thought, that green is rather retina-scalding.
Anyway... back to the point.
I've probably been watching Star Wars for all my life, but I guess the Fettish started maybe 2 years ago. There was something about that visor... and he had such a small part.. then I saw Attack of the Clones and learned a bit more about both Fetts. I just really can't explain it. Heck, I can't explain a lot of the stuff I like. I train mules. Try explaining that.
Anyway...
Now the whole Ailyn Vel premise is what intrigues me. I thought about writing some fanfic about Ailyn and Boba, but there seems to be a lot of Ailyn haters here.

when the empire strikes back came out.i just loved fett on sight.my fave character was always darth vader,but somebody who can outthink han solo and lookes like an ancient greek hopolite( i was at high school at the time and was loving homers Illiad and Xenophons the persian expedition)made an immeadiate fan with me.

SF is what life is all about.

SD_Chick wrote:

Now the whole Ailyn Vel premise is what intrigues me. I thought about writing some fanfic about Ailyn and Boba, but there seems to be a lot of Ailyn haters here.

Myself one of them...but seriously, don't let that stop you. smile

Welcome to both you and Stone Mando, if you haven't been welcomed yet...and I haven't welcomed anyone ever, so feel honored. tongue

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

BalanceSheet wrote:
SD_Chick wrote:

Myself one of them...but seriously, don't let that stop you. smile

Welcome to both you and Stone Mando, if you haven't been welcomed yet...and I haven't welcomed anyone ever, so feel honored. tongue

Wow.... I'm speechless. Thanks for the greeting.
Yeah... I'm cranking out about two papers a week in college so don't worry about any Ailyn Vel fanfic from me. You won't have any reason to gouge your eyes out in the near future. I'm trying to figure out how to host/upload fanfic. Could I link it to my Xanga blog or what?

Hmm...I don't know, sadly...I just store all my stuff on a forumfire page, and link to it.  But you could just cut and paste into a new thread in the Creative section. 

Naw, I wouldn't gouge my eyes out...fanfic isn't canon, and as long as it doesn't try to be, nobody will be offended by it.  tongue  As long as it's good writing...

-Captian Murphy

Oh yeah it's good writing- I've been published in a magazine before.
I just gotta find time to write when someone isn't hovering over my shoulder. I HATE that.

:-D We'll be looking forward to that, then...  smile
Heh...other than in the RPGs, I haven't done any creative writing in ages...back to the topic, though. 

I think I already answered this, but I don't really care that much for Fett...he's just the best SW character, arguably.  I just like this forum.  tongue

-Captian Murphy

Age 7 when i saw ESB with my dad.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

mando316 wrote:

...He was self reliant, a loner, a renegade, a mystery.  He was his own man.. He made himself who he was,  Now mind you , this was LOONG before the whole CLONE storyline.  Boba Fett was one of a kind.  Not a Rebel, nor an Imperial. He made his own way in the universe being loyal to only himself.  He went where the money took him.  He never played favorites and never made his marks personal.  He was always STRICTLY business when it came to his job....Boba Fett is more than just a character in a movie to me.. He IS me...

I could not have said it better myself. It all started the first time I saw ESB.....and morphed into an obsession....

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
     --Boba Fett

Mine started about six years ago. It all really started from reading fanfiction *blush* I read some stories, got intrigued, and it all went on from there. Now I'm borderline obsessed with anything that involves the Fetts and/ or other Mandalorians.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

75 (edited by draco fett Saturday, September 23, 2006 5:34 am)

I dislike the current Mandalorians to a large extent. They seam to touchy-feely. In the Mandalorian Armor, they are described as ruthless, heartless, and emotionless. That is the way that they should be. The Mandalorians of old (such as Mandalore the Indomitable, my avatar), I like. No offense to you at all, my thoughts on Boba and Jango are completely oppisite of your signiture.