Re: RPG-Superhumans

Just before Oni and Jericho left to find Flmae, Oni heard a beeping coming from Starbright's room.

"What now?" Oni complained, going to investigate. It was just the heroine's cell phone. Oni pikced it up and let it ring until the caller hung up. Then he opened it to see who had called. When he opened, Oni was caught off-guard by Starbright's background: It was Darklight. Oni knew they were rumored to be an item, but until that moment the rumor seemed far-fetched. The next spit-take moment came when he listened to the latest voice-mail.

"Oh crap."

"what is it?" Jericho inquired, running into the room a bag of barbecue chips in hand.

"It's Starbright. I just eavesdropped onto her voicemail, and the most recent call was from someone who sounds just like our favorite psychic lass. Apparently, I just kidnapped Haze's cousin."

"Well, that's no good."

"Nope."

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

Okay.  Mental note.  No hopping on random vans with telepaths and telekines around...the result wasn't friendly.  When the van had lifted up and shook itself, he had fallen down, mercifully still concealed by his minor illusion.  UNluckily, everyone else had left; usually in groups of two.  "Do you have your exit buddy?"  He shook his head, and tried to clear up his thoughts.  Truth be told, he was surprised that he had managed to survive all that.  Well, mostly, at least.  His shoulder was still throbbing with that bullet wound; he'd look at that later. The first thing he'd do would be to make a phone call to an old friend of his...Maybe HE could help with this situation.  Darklight stood, and shed the illusion, and shot off into the sky, surrounded by once more by a golden sheath.  When he returned to his scantily furnished home, he made his call; a long distance call to a medium sized city in Canada...Boy, would he be in for it...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

((Is it ok if I join this rpg?))

Music is like candy. You have to throw away the rapping paper first.

((I don't see why not.  But Ph34r calls the final shots.  I'd just jump in, and if he thinks it's too late, I think he'll let you know.))

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tanis released Haze's arm and brought up his own into Haze's field of vision. He thought this would answer her question. He released the silver metallic symbiote through his pores on his arm and his arm became an incredibly shiny metal arm. Her eyes opened wide and he withdrew the symbiote through his arm once more.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

156 (edited by Kaster Ordo Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:59 pm)

Character:  Sunburn
Afiiliation:  Heroes
Apperance:  Black and orange costume, red eye pieces, and symbol
Personality:  Usually energetic, uses sarcasm constantly.
Powers:  He can create and manipulate fire (think johnny storm from fantastic four) he is tied to the sun so old age cannot take him, but can die through unnatural causes (blades, bullets, etc.)

Sunburn burned through the sky, eyeing the city with interest.  " So THIS is the place Darklight needs my help liberating....... its a lot worse than Vancouver, I know that much...."  he mumbled to himself as he flew through the city streets.  One thing that caught his eye was a SWAT van on it's side. *How did that get there?*  he wondered to himself.  He decided it was a battle that just previously past, so he flew right past the sight.  He still needed to find Darklight..... where could he be?

Flame had declined the assasin's offer. He didnt need any where to hide. He began to walk, it would help him think. He knew a restourant, one where the owner knew him, and was freindly enough. He was about half way there when some one called out to him. " Hey! Freak!" Flame stopped. He knew that voice. He turned around, and he saw a man clad in what looked to be medieval armor, with a claymore strapped to his back.
"What happend to the chains? Givin up the whole "badass" look?" The man drew his sword. Tendrils of frost began to crawl forward from the hilt. "I'm tired of you, and i think is time your gone. Permanately." The man stepped forward.
Moments later, he charged, swinging the blade at Flame's head. Flame ducked, and reached out, relasing a pillar of fire at the man. He caught fire,  and screamed, running for the old fountain near train station. He fell short, dead. Flame decided agaist the restorant, and began to head back to the bar.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Darklight had taken off his costume, and was standing outside of his small home, clad in a green T-shirt and jeans.  He was watching the sky in anticipation, when he saw it.  A streak of fire shooting towards him.  As it was higher up than the rooftops, he assumed, corectly so, that it was Sunburn.  He smiled as the colourfully costumed man lighted before him, unconsciously scorching the pavement.

"About time you showed up."

"I came as fast as I could.  I mean, it ha to be important if Darklight's giving ME a call."  His tone suggested it was anything but.

"Okay, if you didn't wanna come, you would've stayed back in Canada.  Admit it, you're interested."

"All right, all right.  You win.  Now what's the deal down here?"

"Okay, there's this thing going down on Friday, I think it's at Happy Harry's Bar.  Don't roll your eyes at me; it's big.  For one thing, I'm pretty certain every villain in the city will be attending, something to do with throwing off the old ways of doing things.  Which is bad for us.  Now, Jack, he's that guy I was telling you about on the phone, he and I are trying to find some way to throw a wrench in the works, and any extra help is very welcome.  That, and we're horribly outnumbered in this instance."

"Who's in charge of al this?"

"Jack said it was some dude named Oni.  The people who've been most active as of late have been an assassin, a Matrix guy, a guy in black armour, really high tech armour, mind you, a neutral telekine, a netural-bt-leaning-towards-dark-side lizard-man pyrokinetic, to name a few."

"I think I like the sound of that last guy."

Darklight laughed.  Now the only thing left to do was collect Jack, and see if he knew if Haze was gonna help them or not.  Then the three (hopefully four) could look for that silvery guy, and give him the run-down, and hope he helped them as well.  After all that, well, maybe, just maybe, they could be a large enough force to slow or stop the villains.  Even though he was smiling reassuringly on the outside, Darklight groaned internally; planning had never been his strong point...

"So bud, what now?  I'm new to this place, and I have almost NO idea how we''re gonna be able to get into a place with like, 500 villains with only us two..... unless if we ask them nicely to go to jail..... HEY! Maybe that will work!"  Sunburn excalaimed with every bit of sarcasm on his tongue. But he was right.   The two heroes would be like the ducks in Duck Hunter if they went in there alone.

Darklight didn't reply.  Sunburn had a scalding tongue when he wanted to...well, he WAS a pyrokinetic...but still...Darklight quickly told him about his idea to find and recruit Jack, Haze and the silvery guy. But, and he made the last point VERY clear, he wanted to start around dusk; the day was not a good place for him with his costume.  Sunburn just shrugged, and asked if e had some Mountain Dew anywhere.  Darklight sghed, and invited his friend into his home, showing him where the fridge was.  And then they waited for night to fall.

“So you’re the silver streak I saw going after Darklight,” Haze said now putting the pieces together. “Are you part of his team?”

The man shook his head, “Not as yet though I plan to be.”

Haze nodded and realised that he was coming to see which side of the fence she wanted to be on. He was assessing if she was a friend or foe. “I’m guessing that you don’t know where I can find Darklight?”

Again the man shook his head, “No I don’t.”

Haze grinned cynically, “Be part of some crime and he’ll appear.”

A smiled tugged at the man’s lips, “I’d prefer to meet him on good terms.”

“So would I,” Haze admitted quietly. She knew that he’d be mad as hell if anything had happened to Starbright. Haze didn’t know the details of the relationship between the two supers but it was clear that they both held each other dear. It was one of the reasons Haze wasn’t particularly fond of Darklight.

Starbright had been one of the first female supers to be embraced as a ‘catch’. She was blonde, gorgeous and powerful to an extent. She oozed good-girl charm. It made Haze want to puke.

Haze had always wanted to project a presence of strength and power. But instead she was stuck with a face that was pretty and appeared soft. Men seemed to want to protect her until they found out she was telekinetic. Jack entered her mind briefly and she frowned.

Haze looked at the man before her, “How about you try looking for Darklight? He might know where Starbright is.”

“What are you going to do?” he asked.

“I’m going to see Oni.” Haze replied.

The man looked surprised, “You’ve chosen a side then?”

Haze smirked, “Hell no. I just know that Starbright was going to pay him a visit.”

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

162 (edited by Ph34r Thursday, November 22, 2007 7:01 pm)

When Flame shuffled in to the bunker, Oni was glad to see him.

"Oh, good, there you are. Listen Flame, some unexpected side effects have happened to a contingency plan I had on layaway. We may have just made Darklight our biggest enemy. Tell me you got some goods out of his brain."

"I dug up the fact that, ironically, bright lights can affect his power."

"Already knew that. Anything eles you scrounge up?"

"One villian. someone named  Voidhunter. Currently imprisoned."

"Reeeaaallllyyyy?" Oni was interested. He had met Voidmaster before. A fairly likeable scumbag, when compared to people like Slow Burn or Lady Rosarie. "Well then, we'll have have to spring him later. Let's put that off for now, so we don't give Darklight time to find out about the prison break."

"Oni." Flame suddenly seemed alarmed at something.

"Yeah? What is it, bubelah?"

"Haze is coming. I can feel her presence. She's getting close, you may want to work on something to say."

"Well, I must admit, I don't agree with your plan. I highly sugest that you don't go after Oni alone. I'm going with you."
His resolve was firm and definite, he was not going to let her go without him. At the moment, he was Dr.Tanis Jones, so his voice was quite normal. Yet when he would change into Chromium, his voice would become deep and reverberate. It would sound god-like.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

164 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Thursday, November 22, 2007 6:02 pm)

(sorry about not posting in awile, ive been traveling)

Drakeus bashed through the front doors of the shoping center. It was a rather funny scene at first: a man in a silly looking costume, making a rather loud entrance, and pulling out (what seemed to be) a toy sword. One of the shopers started to giggle, than it turned into a full mocking laughter, then everone else joined in. Drakeus didnt say a thing...but he did impale the nearest shoper with his so-called 'toy' sword. THAT got there attention, eveyone went deathly quiet, not a cough or swallow was heard... the only thing that could be heard was the the sick sound of the woman who had just been ran-through coughing up her guts. Then the ground turned a sickly black as his drain powers came into play, shopers fell to the ground gasping for air, as Drakeus started towards them. The majority of the shopers (the ones that werent trying to hold onto there souls) ran as fast as they could in a mass panic, just trying to get away from the 'guy in the silly costume'.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

165 (edited by Sev Fett Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:08 pm)

Jack gathered up his trench coat and weapons and began his search for Darklight.  He was the one that had started the whole fight and now Jack wanted answers.  Jack made his way to Darklight's last known residence.  When he arrived he saw a man dressed in orange.  Who appeared to be steaming.  Interesting.

"Hey you must be that Hothead Darklight has told me about."

"Yah, I'm Sunburn.  And you must be another so unfortunate enough to know Darklight."

"Ooh!  I recognize that tone!  That's sarcasm!  My favourite!  I have a feeling we are going to be good friends Sunscreen."

"It's Sunburn."

"Yah whatever.  Anyway, where's Darklight?"

"He went out looking for you."

"Great just great.  Well might as well crash here until he gets back.  Got any food in this dump?"

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

((It's Voidhunter, not Voidmaster))
Darklight was sick and tired of waiting for Jack to show up, so he left Sunburn with instructions to watch the house.  He left his home, garbed in his costume, but shielded by a mild illusion.  The last he had seen of Jack, the guy had been hanging around Haze.  If he found Haze, he fund Jack.  Simple.  Well, it would have been, if Jack had still been with her.  He knew what area of the city she operated out of, so his seacrh began there, and it din't take a lot of street combing to find her talking to a long-haired guy outside of an apartment building.  And Jack was nowhere in sight.  Crap.  He had just wasted one hour and forty-five minutes of his life.  He walked away, merging with the crowds on the streets, until he passed an off-duty cop.  The man's walkie-talkie was unattended, and switched on.  And it was saying something about a break-in at the shopping mall.  Darklight sighed; it was a bit after midday; he would be at his weakest here and now.  The most he'd be able to pull of would be a weak shield, and medium strength energy bolts.  And apparently the attacker had a really big katana.  The only guy he kenw with a katana was Jack.  what would he be doing attacking a mall??  He turned, and ran off down the street, not wanting to tire himself out by flying in broad daylight.  He hated the limitations on his power....

Just thought I'd add other hero to the mix since we seem to be low on them:

Character: Vandal
Affiliation: Hero
Appearance: Average height, petite female. Wears black slacks, grey t-shirt and black hoodie. Has black hair and bright red fringe.
Powers: Telepathic - can read other's thoughts if she concentrates, can speak directly into other's minds and project fake images into their mind if she wishes. Can also levitate at will.

Vandal had been at home listening to the Police Scanner. There was chaos as usual but seemed to be at higher levels than usual. Vandal hadn't been out in the field for a while. She'd suffered a broken leg in her last encounter with Jericho. She had a score to settle with him. Now the leg was healed she was feeling up to going out on the streets again. She tended to work alone, but did have associations with Darklight, Sunburn and Starbright.

Vandal took notice of the last know area that the supers had been in. When she arrived she saw a man picking up a trench coat. He looked familar so she followed him and smile as she realised where he was going.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Up...down...left...right, Drakeus's blade went in all of these directions, choping, slicing, cuting...even disembowling. Instead of tiring Drakeus was merly refreashed, the massive waves of fear and panic the crowd gave off rejuvinated him greatly. And with the dozens of souls that he had taken, he was close to the peak of his power...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Jericho went back down stairs and began to browse through all of the guns.

"Ooo, I'm gonna need two of these...oh, oh, and these. And this one and that one." Jericho ended up leaving with 2 Thompsons, 2 of the Brand new M6D pistol, a really big 4 shot sniper rifle that shot 30mm APFSDS Rounds.

"This IS my signature."

This wasn't good.  Darklight, luckily, still hadn't let go of his illusion, and was able to somewhat safely view what was happening.  A weird guy with a funky sword as chopping down innocent people, and firing weird beams from his fingertips.  Yeah...that was't good at all.  He sighed; he had a resonsiblity to these people.  So he powered up what little he had, and shed the illusion.  He sent his strongest blast towards the attacker, groaning as he did.  It was all he could muster, and yet, it was only about as strong as his weaker shots from last night.  He was going to get creamed....

Oni's police scanner suddenly chirped to life. Something about massive chaos in a shopping mall. Perfect. For once, luck had smiled on Oni, Thursday afternoon, just a little moe than 24 hours till his time to shine, and God finally took pity on Oni. About time.. All, or at least most, supers would be so busy attending to that while he and his partners busted Voidhunter out of the bighouse.

"Alright, ramblers, let's get rambling. We've got an opening to spring the blackbird from the chickencoop, and fortune favors the bold."

"What?" Flame was slightly confused.

"All the heroes are gonna be busy with that mall thing, this is our chance to free Voidhunter without any problems. Let's jet while we can."

"What about Haze?"

"Ah, the more we put off our confrontation the better. Come on Jericho, we gotta go, I'm gonna need you to do your Superman thing."

((Hey, would you mind terribly if I take control of Voidhunter?))

((Nope, Not at all. Was kinda hoping you'd assume his consciousness. Didn't seem right for me to since you thought him up.))

174 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Friday, November 23, 2007 5:26 pm)

((Okay, thanks smile I'll start up his stats, but won't post for him till you get to him.))

Name: Voidhunter
Affiliation: Bigtime baddie
Powers: They're essentially Darklight's, but instead of anything doing with light, it's shadow and/or darkness. He is most powerful in the night, just like Darklight, and he revels in darkness.
Appearance:  He's pretty much a tall humanoid shadow.  He's solid, and looks slightly muscular, but is completly black, like, space-coloured-black.
Personality: Diabolical plotting evil genius; powerhouse; whatever the typical supervillain is, he tries to overdo; he's got a nasty sense of drama.  His voice never rises above a breathy whisper.

"If we plan to leave, before Haze gets here we need to go now. She's in the bar." Flame looked up, knowing that she probably knew he was here already.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]