Re: RPG-Superhumans

Chromium's hammer struck Jericho and it sent him flying through the window of a store. Chromium then turned and swung his giant hammer at Oni while morphing his left arm into a giant blade.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

The tickling in his mind had stopped, and Darklight now saw the lizard-man talking to the white hooded guy.  He decided to take the initiative in this business.  He flew into the air, cape flaring behind him, the reflective goden undercoating shining in the light.  He angled his hands back, and fired a burst of pure light, with no concussive force.  The cape reflected the blast outwards, in the form of a giant flash of light, brighter than a magnesium flare, and radiant enough to force everyone to shield their eyes from the light.  While they were recovering, he dropped to the ground, and nimbly climbed on top of the SWAT van, covering himself with his dark cape, and distorting the light immediately around him, making him out to be nothing more than a hazy vision t those who stared at him.  Suffice to say, for all intents and purposes, he had effectively disappeared from the battle. He had heard the white hooded man mention something of a hideaway earlier, and he had arrived in this van.  WHen he left, he was pretty sure they'd use this same vehicle.  He just hoped that Jack would take his quick distraction, and get out of there fast.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

128 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:00 pm)

"Holy- Whoa! Thats not nice!" Jeicho flipped over the top of Chromium and hastily gave him a double-blast in the top of the head. Jericho proceeded to reload while dodging bolts from Captain Lightbulb up there. Jericho holstered the shotgun in exchange for his Desert Eagles and unloaded on Darklight. Before he could get in some accurate shots, here comes the hammer again.
"What is with you people?! Won't freaking die!" Jericho dodged it a second time and kicked Chromium in the chest, but his foot would not come out.
"...???!!!"
Chromium smiled and finally hit an immobile Jericho with his hammer-for-an-arm.
WHAM! right through the window.
"Hrrg..." Jericho stood back up and looked around. "ErrOoo." He was in a gun shop.

"This IS my signature."

"Your an assasin right? Then your most effective at close range. If you attack me, and you touch me, there wont be any fireballs to dodge Take that as a warning. Now, about this hideout of yours. How do I know you dont plan to kill me. Or anyone else" He added, glancing at Haze slightly. She didnt notice. But she looked at him oddly, she had heard nothing before "Take that as a warning."

"'Haze, we have an unwanted guest. On the S.W.A.T. Van'"

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Haze was starting to consider breaking up the fighting. It seemed the males thought she was too weak to fight with them. None seemed to have noticed that she'd been deflecting bullets from hitting her person, simply by thought.

She turned her head as Flame spoke to her with his thoughts. She did something that surprised them all. She lifted the van with a simple thought, holding it up about 3 stories, I can shake the van, which being do you want removed? She asked Flame mentally.

He looked at her with surprise.

She shrugged and dropped the van. It crashed to the ground.

"What'd you do that for?" Oni shouted at her.

"Just to shake things up a bit," Haze said with a cheeky grin. Then she surprised them all by pushing the supers against the walls, the good supers were on the left wall, the bad on the right wall. "The police are coming, you should all leave before you're arrested." She looked at Oni, "Or should I say arrested again." Then she released them and walked through the clear path she'd created for herself, seeming to have shocked them with her abilities. Now they knew she was not to be trifled with.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

131 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:29 pm)

((Ph34r this is way too much fun.  Slightly insane characters are always fun to write.))

Jack was momentarily stunned by Haze's display of power.  While he wasn't looking, Oni again backhanded him nearly knocking him off his feet.

"Ouchh.  I totally see where you come from with the blood stains.  That hobo's 3 legged dog I talked about earlier managed to latch onto my leg after I jacked this coat.  So I stuck it.  Who knew dogs bled so much?  And all over my new coat!"  He dodged a backfist with the right claw parrying the other, "Oh and there was this time when I was like 10 and this bully named... oh what was his name?  Oh right Fred!  He was beating me up.  He broke my nose.  The blood came gushing out my nose all over my school clothes.  My parents got so mad.  Speaking of broken noses..."

Jack saw his opening and shoved his open palm up into Oni's mask.  He heard the delicious sound of cracking bone and through the mask saw Oni's eyes beginning to water.  "Sorry to leave you Oni but I must depart."  Jack ran after Haze to trying to catch up.  He needed some help.  He knew she was a tele-person and maybe she could help him build a defense.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Haze turned to look, it seemed that Jack and Oni were fighting again. "Men," she said quite simply. The sound of sirens was already getting louder.

Then she heard footsteps heading her way. She turned to look and see Jack pursuing her. "Get bored did you?" She asked.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

133 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, November 22, 2007 12:27 am)

Jericho looked around the shop, everything was nice and neat. He was looking for spare clips and ammo.
"Let's see here...umm...da...da...Desert Eagle. There you are, hello." Jericho pulled open the drawer and grabbed 6 brand new clips and 2 boxs of .50 Action-Express cartriges.
"Damn these thing are getting expensive. I'll have to come in tomorrow and pay for this stuff." He smirked.
Jericho opened the door and walked out like nothing happened. He noticed everyone lined up against the wall like a picket fence. Jericho walked to his car, started it up, and waited for the opportune moment.

((500th post.))

"This IS my signature."

Haze was momentarily distracted as a Shelby GT drove passed. She noticed Jericho behind the wheel and smiled.

Jack cleared his throat.

"Oh sorry, you wanted to talk to me," Haze said. "We should probably get away from here before the Police arrive. Or as I said before, are you bored?"

BFFC Moderator

"Yes.  No.  That's not what I meant.  Well what I mean is, I need your help.  I feel this urge to ask you for some help.  Why, I do not know.  But I need some help.  I have this nagging to ask you to help me learn how to block my mind from telepathic attack.  The last time I was attacked mentally was by Mr. Hot-hands back there and he wasted me.  I'm would rather not that happen again in the future.  Think you'd be willing?"

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Haze put her hands on her hips for a moment, then took Jack's hand. "Come on we've got to get out of here and since I owe you a favour for saving me from Mr Hungry I show you how."

"Great," Jack grinned.

Haze led Jack through a few alleyways and into a less seedy part of town. She could have taken him to her apartment but she didn't trust him that much just yet. Instead she took him to a small cafe that stayed open late. They sat down at a table and Haze spoke. "I must admit I'm telekinetic, although I do have some telepathic abilities. The simplest way to defend yourself is to count out of order."

"What?" Jack said looking confused.

A waitress placed two menus before them and Haze realised that she hadn't had dinner. "I mean you count like this: 10, 24, 80, 1.204, 1 etc. It confuses the person trying to probe your mind because you're making no logical sense."

Jack nodded starting to understand. "But how do I shield my mind?"

"That takes a lot of practice," Haze said then placed her hand on his forehead. Can you hear me?

"Yes," Jack said then released that Haze had spoken with her thoughts rather than her mouth.

I can only talk to you when I touch you because I'm not naturally a telepath. I can talk to Flame easily because he is a telepath. Now that you can hear me, try and push me out. Haze instructed.

BFFC Moderator

With a quick tug on the E-brake, the Shelby slid around the corner flawlessly. Jericho reached over and popped open the door for Oni.
"Get in!"
Oni jumped in and slammed the door. Jericho floored it, and massive 428 engine pushed them over 120 Mph as they pulled out onto the road leading away from the alley.
"One thing though Oni, even though you are my boss, if you get any blood on the carpet, door panels, dashboard, the seats, the windshield or any other part of my car, I will kill you. Just remember that. Oh, and I kinda need to know where are we going, by-the-by."

"This IS my signature."

138 (edited by Sev Fett Thursday, November 22, 2007 12:33 am)

Jack tried.  He was pretty sure he gave it his all.  But she was always there. 

"Well the counting numbers I can do because it is completely random.  I do random very well."

"You need to take this seriously Jack.  Of all the times you choose to continue on with me it has to be now.  Focus!"  And focus he did.  He was pretty sure the vein on his forehead was throbbing.  He was getting nowhere with this.  So he relaxed and tried this differently.  He envisioned everything.  He saw a 'hand' going through his mind.  Into his deepest thoughts.  He saw himself setting up walls around each individual memory.  The hand attempted to breach one of these walls but immediately recoiled.  He smiled to himself and opened his eyes and saw Haze take her hand away from his forehead smiling as well.

"And now Jack you have only begun to learn the first step.  Barring me from entering individual thoughts.  You must now learn how to keep me out completely."

"That was fun!  I especially like the self-gratification that comes with it.  Hey while you were probing my mind you didn't happen to find out any of my deepest darkest secrets did you?  By the way the teddy bear I slept with until I was 8 wasn't mine.  It belonged to my imaginary friend Joe.  HE was quite nasty to me sometimes..."

Hearing Flame's words echo in his head, Altair would have wanted to just shout his answer right then and there. However, his eyes were still recovering from Darklight's beam. Thinking loudly, Altair started with Well, figure that if we stay here, we die here. And I'm sure neither of us is up for that. So, do you want to live or not? Because I have no problem leaving you here. But I'd need more than just myself if I was to fight Darklight anytime soon. And considering we're the only ones still here, it might be smart to move before the two of us end up back in the slammer. So, hot-head, whattaya say?

Haze smiled, "No I can't read your mind, I can only talk to you and hear you talk back when we're touching. As I said I'm not really a telepath, it's just an extension of my telekinesis."

"Oh," Jack said looking a little embarrassed by his admission.

At that moment the waitress returned, "Are you ready to order?"

Haze didn't miss the fact that the waitress was looking at her funny. "I'll have a chicken salad and soda water."

Jack blinked and looked at the menu. "Ah, I'll have a steak sandwich and a coke."

With that the waitress took the menus and left them.

Haze now touched her fingers to Jack's. His hand was on the table top and once again she spoke directly into his mind. Now try pushing me out again, but try shielding your deeper thoughts and feelings.

She could feel the barriers going up so she could no longer communicate with him. If she wanted to she could shout in his mind, but that was the extent of her telepathic abilities. Flame would be the true challenge to Jack's fledgling skills.

Then Haze jumped slightly as she felt Jack's mind reach for hers. Hello? he called.

You're a fast learner. Haze said rather surprised.

You're a good teacher. He replied and smiled.

The waitress came out and looked at them. "You're a new couple aren't you? Can't stop staring into each others eyes. How sweet."

Haze felt a slight blush touch her cheeks. She didn't date, at least not very often. She tended to freak guys out when they found out that she could move things with her mind.

Jack folded his fingers around hers and brought them to his lips. "Yes we are a new couple," he told the waitress. She walked off looking rather dreamy. Once she was out of sight he released his hold on Haze's fingers.

"Nice cover," Haze said in response, feeling a little uneasy.

BFFC Moderator

"Thanks for the lift, Jeri." Oni was very thankful of the get-out-of-jail-free card he had been given in the form of Jericho's car. "Personally, we should probably bebop on back to double H's. I need to recharge after all the tricks I pulled in the fight club. Can't believe that little punk broke my $^%# nose."

"Happens to the best of us, chief." Jericho replied.

Oni removed his cloaking device and placed it a compartment in Jericho's car, causing it to go invisible. "That oughta keep the fuzz off our beeline to the honeycomb hideout."

"People don't talk like that anymore, man. You can quit." Jericho told Oni, regarding the latter's form of speech.

Oni ignored him. "You stole that ammo, didn't you?"

"Yep."

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

Chromium watched as the heroes and villains fled the scene. He was disappointed with himself, he had accomplished nothing. He still needed to talk to Haze. Oni was, regretably, still alive. He decided to first speak with Haze and looked to see her and Jack running through an alley. Darklight was no where to be seen so he followed Haze and Jack. He covered himself with his black cloak but hesitated. He walked through a nearby broken shop window and got some civilian clothes and a back pack. He regreted stealing, yet he would be back later to reimburse the store because he didnt have his wallet on him at the moment. He took off his black cloak and stuffed it into the bag. Then he looked at himself and his silver metallic skin. Its sheen was undamaged and still shown brightly after the battle. Jericho's bullets bounced off like nothing and his kick to his chest was averted by liquifying his chest so it simply sank in. He was merciful with him however, he could have kept his chest solid and broken Jericho's foot. Chromium relaxed his body, taking the metal back in was more painful then releasing it through his pores. He sucked the liquified metal back through his pores and his normal skin shown once more. His shoulder length brown hair shot out ofhis scalp and his mustache and beard slowly grew from his face. His eyes of pure white light faded and his hazel eyes shown once again. He collapsed on the ground, naked and sweating. He heard the police sirens nearly there and quickly dressed in the civilian clothes. He then ran after Haze and Jack and hid in an alley as they walked into a restaraunt. Quite the hideout. He casually walked in and sat in the darkest corner of the restaraunt and ordered some coffee, which was terrible, and really wished he had his pipe. He glanced over at Haze and Jack. The waitress asked them if theyw ere a couple. Jack kissed her hand and said they were. They never lost eye contact. Either they were truly in love over having a telepathic conversation. That meant he couldn't eavesdrop this time. No matter, he only needed to speak to her about whether she was going to be a hero or a villain, he did not want to intrude upon their possible romance. He would have to wait it seemed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

When Jericho and Oni returned to Happy Harry's it was late that Wednesday night. Instead of going around back to the base, they parked out front & walked in the front door like repsectable customers. Happy Harry, a fairly overweight balding man in his late 50's was getting ready to close down for the night.

"How's it going, Oni? Things going good?"

"Not exactly." Oni grumbled. "Fix me a Sputnik cocktail, will ya?" Harry filled a glass with vodka and added some sour grape juice. One lone olive stuck to a toothpick bobbed in the drink like a buoy at sea.

"So," Jericho began, taking a shot of whiskey straight from the bottle. "Did you see that silver-looking guy? I kicked him, he felt like he was made of silly putty or something."

"Never heard of someone like him before." Oni said, troubled by the newcomer. "Just what I need, a frikkin' wildcard with less than 2 days till the meeting. You see where Flame went?"

"Big dragon guy? Last I saw him, he was talking to the white boy."

"Freakin' assassins. Just hope they don't kill the guy, he's kinda crucial to what I got planned."

"What about the gal-pal?"

"She worries me more than the silver guy. I dunno who's side she's on, and if she sides with the goodies, I may have to do something I'd regret."

"Lady Rosarie probably wouldn't like to hear that."

"Good thing she's locked up then." Oni finished his drink and moved to his back room to make some repairs and upgrades to his suit.

Jericho followed into the back room.
"Eh Oni, you got a gun cabinet or something? I mean, I'll pay for what I take or whatever, if you don't mind."

"What did you have in mind?"

"I'm thinking military grade weapons."

"I have a small collection, but I'm not really a gun guy."

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"Maybe."

"This IS my signature."

"i don't usually use the stuff in here; I'm more of a concealed weapon kinda person. Element of surprise, ya know." Down in Oni's bunker, Oni opened a closet filled with military weapons. Rifles adorned the walls. In the room could also be found a few rocket launchers, a bazooka, a gatling gun, and even an old blunderbuss.

"What's this for?" Jericho asked, holding the final gun up.

"Blunderbuss. Can use anything that'll fit as ammo. Great in a pinch, you may want to keep that."

"How much is this gonna ring me up?"

"Consider it on the house, unless you break something."

"Seriousloy?"

"Nah, just take what you want and we'll chalk it up to rewards for your steadfast friendship."

Oni walked over to a workshop desk and began making adjustments to his armor after it was recharged and replenished. Among the new toys were blades that ran along the sides of his arms ((think Harry Osborn from Spider-man 3)). On his right arm there was a sonic emitter, on his left a small concussion blaster. He also took the liberty of adding more padding to his facemask and jockstrap. To top it off, Oni made some adjustment to the electrical current that was used in the stun-whip and stun bolts to run through the whole suit, so every blow would slightly shock his attacker.

"whoa! Oni, the heck are you ding with a chick in your basement?!?" Jericho screamed suddenly. Oni assumed he had found the body of Starlight ((see page 1)), still sedated until Oni needed her.

"Oh, her? Yeah stopped her from busting a drug ring the other day, decided to keep her as a possible hostage in case $#*^ goes down Friday."

"You really went the extra mile, eh?"

"Yep. And things are still going all topsy-turvy."

Jack could only smile awkwardly.  What the heck was he thinking!  He wasn't sure if he was attracted to her.  The last time he thought he liked someone was in the 10th grade just before his parents died.  But as soon as he told her about his superhero parents and that he had the smallest mutant ability she ran away.  He had dropped out of high school 2 weeks after when his parents died.  He slowly rose and began to make his way back. 

"Thanks for the lesson."  Stupid idiot.  That was all you could say?  When it comes to this stuff Jack was never Dr. Smooth.  He made his way back to the battle scene to grab his trenchcoat.

Tanis saw Jack get up and leave abruptly and he saw his chance to talk to Haze, yet he waited a moment to see if she would stop him.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

148 (edited by BFFC-Mel Thursday, November 22, 2007 2:29 pm)

Haze watched as Jack left like he’d just be told she had rabies. She shouldn’t have been surprised, such behaviour towards her was the norm. The waitress returned with their meals and looked surprised, “Where’d your boyfriend go?”

“Oh he’s a fireman, got a call.” Haze told.

The waitress nodded, “I’ll leave his meal in case it was a false alarm.”

Haze nodded and started eating her chicken salad. She wondered why she bothered helping Jack. But now she didn’t owe him anything. He however owed her for the dinner bill.

Once she’d finished, Haze paid the waitress and left. She had a feeling she was being followed but didn’t see anyone. She made her way home, taking the most indirect route. Eventually she lost the sense of being pursued.

Haze walked into the rear entrance of her apartment block and climbed the stairs that no one seemed to use. When she reached the fourth floor she took her key from her vest pocket and went into her apartment.

Elmo her black and white cat meowed at her demandingly. “I know I forgot to give you dinner.” Haze smiled as Elmo as she scratched him under the chin. He was only 8 months old. She’d found him in a garbage bag left on the street. At such times Haze wondered why she hadn’t joined the bad supers.

After feeding Elmo, Haze checked her messages and had one from her cousin, Maria. Haze sighed Maria Dunlap was actually Starbright in the super’s world.

Haze shucked off her vest as the recording played: “Hi Kaylene, this is Maria. Just letting you know that I’m going out. I’m checking out some news on Oni. I’ll let you know how it goes.”

Haze froze, she’d seen Oni tonight and Starbright hadn’t been one of the supers fighting him. Haze immediately picked up the phone to call her cousin. The phone rang out and went to Maria’s voicemail. Haze left a quick message then hung up.

Haze decided to go to Maria’s apartment. She had a feeling that things had gone very wrong with Starbright’s plan.

BFFC Moderator

Tanis stood at the foot of the stairs of Haze's building, he was debating whether to just walk up and knock on her door or not. He waited for her to finish her meal and then he would go over and speak with her at her table. Yet she quickly left and never gave him a chance to talk. Just then he heard a door close and lock. He backed up into the shadows and watched as Haze walked down the stairs. He had his cloak on over his civilian clothes and he walked in front of Haze and blocked her path. She stopped and he stood there for a few seconds. His cloak blowing gently in the breeze and the silence of the night was only slightly disrupted by the sound of distant sirens and city noise.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Haze looked at the man who blocked her path, he seemed vaguely familiar. “What do you want?” She asked.

“Just a moment of your time,” he said.

“Look if you’re trying to sell me something, I’m not interested.” Haze told as she started to move around him.

Once again he blocked her path. “I want to know who’s side you’re on.”

Haze tilted her head slightly, “Really? At the moment I’m on no one’s side. I’ve got something to do.”

“What is so urgent at this hour?” He asked.

“I’m looking for Starbright.” Haze told more out of frustration than anything else.

That surprised the man, “Why Starbright?”

“Why not?” Haze retorted, really starting to get annoyed.

“It just surprises me, Starbright is in league with Darklight.” The man said.

“That’s nothing new, I’m told they’re something of an item. Although that’s merely the press for you.” Haze said, trying to find out what exactly this man wanted.

The man reached out and touched Haze’s arm. She recoiled immediately, he felt strange. Her telekinesis sensed something different about this man. “You’re a super, aren’t you?” She asked.

BFFC Moderator