Re: RPG-Superhumans

Anubis stood at 20 ft tall in the middle of a burning field as he watched his jackals destroy the village of which he had landed. A thick purple mist surrounded him, then he was gone.

Ship port:
Anubis re-appeared in a clearing leading to a trade port, his eyes glowed red as he called to his mighty spear. Within seconds his spear was in his hand along with his four Jackals surrounding him.
"Go, my Jackals, Go and kill those unworthy of my presence."

By the time Jack arrived things seemed to have settled down a bit.  The cops had taken in positions behind several cars.  He could sense a "quiet before the storm" atmosphere.  He approached the officer who seemed to be in control. 

"What do we have here sir?"  The cop regarded him with curiosity.  "This is what the supes send us?  Some trenchcoat wearing nobody?  And what's your power?"  Jack smiled.

"I love when they ask this!"  He pulled back his trench coat to reveal his numerous weapons.  The cop could only gape.  He grabbed out his uzis and loaded them.  Slowly, but cautisously he made his way into the alley.  Just as he was about to turn the corner guns blazing, he thought about it.  Well maybe a diplomatic approach would work, maybe.

"Hello everyone.  I'm Jack.  Just curious.  Who exactly are we all fighting for here?"

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

( is it night or day?)

Drakeus watched from a near by roof top as the beings he sought seemed to be conversing on another a near by roof top. He leaped to another building, closing in on his prey...closer...closer...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

( i like to think its night, for dramatic effect... oh and slightly raining)

Flame looked at the man in the trenchcoat, and mentally yelled. The guy's eyes squeezed shut, and his hands flew to his head. He groaned, and fell to the ground, momentarily stunned. The assasin looked slightly supprised, but regained his composure quickly.
(I swear to god i wont do that alot. Takes to much of Flame's concentration. anyways, it only works on one at a time)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

30 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:23 pm)

Drakeus felt it was time to make his presence known. Drakeus made a mighty leap to the roof were for some reason the man with the trench coat was cluching his head. " Good" thought Drakeus. "all the easier to drain his life away from him." Drakeus drew his massive katana from its sheath, its metal gleaming in the moonlight. He walked to the center of the rooftop, and started to chant an evil spell. Darkness grew around him and a sickening red glow formed around him as his draining powers came to life. "I AM DRAKEUS THE HUNGRY" he yelled in a demonic voice. "I WILL DRAW THE LIFE FROM YOU UNTIL YOU ARE BUT NOTHINGNESS! YOUR CORPSES SHALL LITTER THE STREETS OF YOUR EMPTY CITIES! YOURE WORLD SHALL BURN UNTIL IT IS BARE ROCK!"

Watching the man in the trenchcoat instantly instantly falling down, Altair was surprised at what the flame man could do. Nevertheless, as he kept his defense ready, the flame man seemed to be a bit dizzy. Must've taken too much thought power Altair spoke to himself, while watching the two men lying on the ground. He could use that power on me when he manages to regain enough strength though.... Well, he'll have a fun time trying to doing that... Soon, several police officers came from what appeared to be nowhere and started to arrest the trio, all of them beating beaten unconscious and put into the back of a van. By morning, news reports all around the city had spread of a fire-spitting demon, a flying white eagle, and a man with more weapons at once than 20 police officers.

Haze shook her head in disdain then lifted Jack with her mind, breaking Drakeus the Hungry's grasp. "Oh leave him alone." She stated. "He's just a small time super goodie. Why don't you go after one of the big time super goodies?"

Drakeus looked annoyed and narrowed his eyes at Haze. "How dare you take my feast."

"Feast?" Haze laughed. "He hardly looks appetising."

"You will take his place then," Drakeus stated.

"Oh please, I'm not worth your time either." Haze responded and turned her back on him, "However Oni might be."

Haze knew she was probably making a fatal mistake in naming the well known and currently cloaked villain, but it'd spice up life a bit. Beside it appeared that Jack, in his dark trench coat, was happy as he smiled at her. It was then that Haze remembered to lower him to the ground.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

(my dude doesnt actually EAT them, he just drains there spirits/souls/life force just)

"It matters not whom I take first," Replied Drakeus. "you will all burn as the others before you have."

(just so ye know hes useing his draining powers so in a few mins your heroes/villans should start to feel slightly...drained.

34 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Monday, November 19, 2007 7:35 pm)

(incase your not observant '" words here '" is flame talking psychicly )

((Adeptus, didn't you, me, and Fett II get arrested?))

Oni awoke in the cell next to the man in white from the assassin's order. Oni was still in his armor. The biometrics that prevented other people from wearing the armor or taking it off of him had worked flawlessly.

"Jeez, I got a hangover. Whatever the hell was in that gas those coppers used must have pretty strong. Where'd that dragon guy go?"

"You know as much as I do."

"So, you're part of the assassin's order, correct?"

"That is correct. How did you come to know of our organization?"

"Long sotry, not pretty. Look," Oni held out a small business card stored on his belt, detailing the upcoming meeting. "Come to that address on the specified date. We'll talk, pass around a few drinks...it'll be a good time."

"I'll think about it, provided we get out of this cell by then."

"Oh, right. Right. Guess I oughta show off one the more...fanciful weapons in this suit. HE held up his hands, palms wide open, and the gloves began to glow, and a brilliant beam of light blasted down the prison wall.

"I'd use those repulsor rays more often, but they do tend to expend my energy. See you Friday." And with that, Oni departed.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

ok, im completly confused. how did we get arrested after mandal's person gets there, and I could have swore that i was in an alley a while back.)

( i thought we were on a roof top...)

(well your confused.)

Fett_II wrote:

Watching the man in the trenchcoat instantly instantly falling down, Altair was surprised at what the flame man could do. Nevertheless, as he kept his defense ready, the flame man seemed to be a bit dizzy. Must've taken too much thought power Altair spoke to himself, while watching the two men lying on the ground. He could use that power on me when he manages to regain enough strength though.... Well, he'll have a fun time trying to doing that... Soon, several police officers came from what appeared to be nowhere and started to arrest the trio, all of them beating beaten unconscious and put into the back of a van. By morning, news reports all around the city had spread of a fire-spitting demon, a flying white eagle, and a man with more weapons at once than 20 police officers.

Thusly, we was arrestified.

At first it was blinding pain in his head.  He couldn't concentrate on anything.  And then this feeling as if he was being drained of his very essence formed deep within him.  After what seemed like an eternity of pain and exhaustion, he felt the burden lift.  He looked up and saw a neutral he knew as Haze.  In order to express his thankfulness he attempted to say something but nothing came out as he couldn't form words due to the telepathic attack.  So instead he just smiled.

She frowned and she promptly dropped him to the ground.  "So much for being polite," he managed to croak out.  After the had been cleared up by the cops he dejectedly made his way back to his scooter.  He would never be anything better than a small time hero, and he knew it.  He needed something to make his break into the bigs.  Just then he saw a business card on the ground.  He read it.  Oni?  Who the heck was he?  Well it called supervillians to meet Friday the 21st at Happy Harry's bar.  This is it!  This was his chance to get some fame.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

41 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:02 pm)

Name: Darklight (Real name unknown to all but a select few)
Abilities: He has the power to control and manipulate light based energy.  He can focus and emit this energy in a concentrated blast, a shield, to help him fly inside said shield, or to simply create basic objects out of the light (ie. a hammer, sword, etc.)
Appearance: He wears a black and gold costume, with golden bracers on his forearms, and wears a large black-on-the-outside-gold-on-the-inside cape, with a hood pulled low over his black mask, obscuring his face.
Personality: He tends to be cold and aloof from others, usually keeping to himself.  He helps when needed, but is a quieter person.  Experienced childhood trauma that he NEVER talks about.  His plans suck, and never go exactly how he wants, but his determination and stubbornness makes up for them.....most of the time.
Affiliation: He's a medium range HERO, who prefers to work at night, when his power is at its peak.  Daylight and other forms of light, besides his own power, lowers his strength, agility, and energy output.  He has had contact with many other superheroes, and has had too much conflict with the villain known as Voidhunter.

Darklight stared out through the darkness.  He hadn't seen much action lately; only a couple two-bit crooks who thought mugging an old man was a good idea.  He had heard over the news earlier of a larger brawl between various superhumans, and mentally groaned.  He couldn't believe that he had missed out on it all.  And to top that all off, the imprisoned superhumans had escaped soon afterwards.  If that didn't say anything abut the inefficiency of law enforcement, he didn't know what would.  This whole situation was strange; villains popping up, and getting into huge brawls all of the sudden; that just didn't add up.  Something was wrong in this place.

He turned around, the stray breeze catching his cape in the wind, and snapping it behind him.  With a sigh, he focused on the power inside of him, and summoned a veil of golden light to sheathe his body.  With that, he launched himself into the air, shooting across the sky like a comet.  It didn't look like ther'd be any more events for the night, and besides; dawn was approaching.  He landed in an obscure alleyway, and his power left him, his costume shimmering once, and then disappearing, the light surrounding it bent and distorted to provide an illusion of civilian clothes.  With that, Darklight walked off, heading for his home, zigzaging across the town, like a normal citizen hopping from bus to bus. As he walked, dawn broke over the sky, spilling its light upon the sleeping city.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

(we were on the ground at that part, and eventually the police would catch up.)

(I kinda gathered that, but I'm trying to add to the whole aura of mystery here tongue  And besides, how are police supposed to outrun and catch a master assassin, and a master super villain?  Doesn't seem likely to me, is all.)

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

44 (edited by Ph34r Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:22 pm)

Oni returned to his base behind the bar. Business was booming in the main room, and Oni's buddy Happy Harry was serving drinks to the seedier side of the world. Oni approched his backroom and noticed that the door had been ripped off.
Great. He thought. Just great. First a recruitng bid that could not have ended worse, then I had to freakin' break out of prison! My face is all over the news. I've been arrested, and someone ripped the door off my HQ. Juuuuuuuuust swell. Oni took this momentary respite to examine his weapons systems. The cloaker was still online, as was the stun-whip, strength modifier and electro-shivs. His jet boots and flamethrower, which ran off the same fule tank, were still in good condition.The repulsor rays had depleted his main power battery greatly, and as such the plasma bolts were offline. Likewise his tranquilizers were low as he had used so many suring the confusing fracas.

Still, there had been numerous colorful individuals at the street corner whom Oni did not know. He had caught a glimpse of a comely enough psychic lass named Haze, who often flip-flopped from hero to villian. Perhaps she could persuaded by his cause. Also, he was sure he had caught a glimpse of the beast that was called "The Hungry" in numerous fish tales in the criminal underworld. Oni was sure that those who talked about him were jut making excuses for a botched job. Looks like he'd been wrong. This was the first time in a while this had happened. Perhaps these character made their respective residence's not far from that street corner. Oni decided to go check there again.

45 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Monday, November 19, 2007 7:54 pm)

(Im assuming im still in jail.)
   Flame quickly got out, first setting fire to his bunk, and then, when guards came to help him, he burnt them, and sprinted out of the door.

One hour later he found himself on a roof, with one hell of a headache, watching the man called "oni" a  . He did things like this often, watch people, people he knew, and in some cases, people he had never seen before in his life. It was raining and he was flipping an old coin he had found before.

He tried to decide if he should go over, Oni was a "super" as the normal people liked to call them. For Flame, the term "freak" was reserved. Which was why so many tried to kill him, and was also the reason for the incident before, he had to move almost weekly. He jumped from the roof, slowing his decent slightly, and heading over to the bar. It was time for this to end.

Darklight, like a good hero, chose to take some time to examine the point of exit from the prison; the same exit made by one of the villains, no doubt.  It was  a clean explosive-based hole, probably caused by an energy based weapon; a projectile or fragmentation device would leave more of an impression on surrounding furtniture.  He was lucky his old fake ID of a private detective still worked around here, or the guards would never have let him look around.  So whoever did this had to have access to highly experimental or black-market material.  Which included pretty much every villain Darklight knew.  He wasn't getting anywhere by guessing.

That was the first cell.  The other one was the more interesting.  There were two charred corpses of guards, and the room's single bunk itself was burnt to a crisp.  A pyrokinetic then.  That would narrow his search down slightly.  But it still didn't explain the other cell.  Which left him back at square one.  There was a reason that Private Investigator badge was a fake...and Darklight was proving this to himself over and over again.  With a sigh, he stood, and simply walked out of that cell, and out through the hole in the other.  Given that they had escaped far earlier, the fugitives could be anywhere.  And he REALLY didn't want to have to fight anyone in the daytime.  Best to wait for night.  So Darklight, his costume still covered by his light-illusion, left the prison, and walked back to his small home on teh other end of town, to take some rest.

Haze realised she'd missed something in her exchange with Jack and Drakeus the Hungry. It seemed the others had been arrested. This complicated things as it left Drakeus the Hungry only her and Jack to concentrate on and Jack was already on a scooter.

Haze snorted in frustration. She headed after Jack who stopped to pick up a business card. "Can I get a ride?" She asked.

Jack raised a brow at her. "I guess, I didn't think you liked me."

"We'll see," she said simply. "I want to get away from Mr Hungry."

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Oni was leaving the bar when the scaly man appeared from above.

"Well, well, if it isn't the enflamed one. I take it you sprung the chicken coop too, eh? They really should put better locks on that prison. So, down to business, what can I do for you?"

"I want to help" Flame said

50 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, December 12, 2007 5:45 pm)

Character: Mr. "Jericho" Smith
Affiliation: Undecided
Appearance: <-
Personality: Cold hearted, thinks very tactically and mathematically, sort of over-analyzes the situation, but has a slight sense of humor.
Powers: Think along the lines of Neo and Agent Smith from the Matrix movies.
(That's all I could come up with because I don't know what you would call it.)
Weapons: Too many to list, but has 2 Desert Eagles and a sawed-off double-barrel shotgun on his person at all times. 

((I'll edit or get around to posting more later.))

"This IS my signature."