Topic: True Colors

I'm eagerly awaiting my copy of True Colors - I ordered it online.

An interesting point was made in the News section - do you think the Commandos take away some of the mystery of Boba Fett?

Personally I don't think so. They are individuals with their own thoughts and ideas. They might be of the same genetic material but I really don't see them as being anything like Boba Fett - well except for kicking butt rather well. tongue

What's your thoughts?

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: True Colors

The same genetic material doesn't make the same person, so I don't think so either. I think of every clone as a different person.

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

Yeah, same here. The Fett question applies better for LotF.

Apart from that, TC is lookin pretty nifty so far, I received my copy today.

[color=darkgreen][b][i]Before this battle is over, the galaxy will know that few stood against many.[/i][/b][/color]
[url]http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/fanfics.htm[/url] - [url]http://corranfett.deviantart.com/[/url]

Corran_Fett wrote:

The Fett question applies better for LotF.

Yes. Or "A Practical Man," also by Traviss.

But clone troopers are more Fett than anything else: Darth Vader, ewok, et cetera. This is the question at hand.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

i was in borders a couple days ago and i saw the lady putting the new books in the shelf i asked her if she had true colors and she had it!!! YAY ME im going to read all NIGHT!!!!

BFFC Admin wrote:

But clone troopers are more Fett than anything else: Darth Vader, ewok, et cetera. This is the question at hand.

Yep, like I said in the newspost, I totally understand your point of view here. wink Sorry for my nitpicking...

I gotta say, the early first chapter of TC was totally up my alley. Reading about paratroopers from the 2nd Airborne was ori'kandosii, especially since there's been next to no other official coverage of them, and a year back or so I wrote a clone trooper fanfic about the Battle of Utapau, from the view of one of these paratrooper squads - not Parjai, but my own Prudii squad. tongue

It's moments like that that make being a Star Wars fan so damn awesome. big_smile

[color=darkgreen][b][i]Before this battle is over, the galaxy will know that few stood against many.[/i][/b][/color]
[url]http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/fanfics.htm[/url] - [url]http://corranfett.deviantart.com/[/url]

Gah, I may have to go get this book tomorrow... don't spoil it guys! wink

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Kandosii!

Best of the SW RC series so far. I cant wait for the next one!

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Ditto

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Well Order 66 will be out during the summer
and Revelation in Feb.
It will be sad to see it end though...
(like always) smile

Life is complex-It has both real and imaginary components.

i know, right? hey, good to see ya here--and nice name!

TC was great, and TZ. cant wait for Order 66, and revelation. Karen Traviss has done a great job with mando'ade

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

I just finished this like a month ago, good read, but not much happened. Although... I have a new favorite ARC... Mereel!!
That said, Hard Contact is still by favorite, by far.

I just hope Order 66 is a satisfying end to the series...

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Is it wrong to not be able to choose a favorite? I know some people dislike Traviss and all but I really like this series. I recently reread The Cestus Deception (Hey I've had a bad knee and I read fast) and the clones in it aren't the same. I mean  there isn't anything wrong with them, its just different in the treatment, ie perspective is almost exclusively from non clone chararcters. Traviss' commando series to  me is just more comfortable. That all said I think Sev and Scorch are tied for my favorites. I like to think that I would be the right gal for Sev, as I seem to think similarly. (I guess i am fully nutty now).

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

i finished true colors last night, and i think it was a great book but i agree with Si Titran, the troopers in the cestus deception are completely different in the way they come across but that might be because they are alpha ARC, at least i think they are its been a while since i read it

[i]Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la.[/i]
Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

Really? That's interesting, I'll have to read the Cestus Deception... they are most likely different because CD isn't written by Traviss.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

its not, but it seems to focus more on obi-wan and kit fisto, , and it has mando'a in it, but ints not really mando'a, at least not the mando'a we all know and love

Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

Thats very true. I just wish I was more adept at languages so that I could pick up on the Mando'a faster. CD is very much focused on the force users involved. But it does show that clones can have/ want a life outside the GAR, which is an obvious feature in Traviss' work.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

yes it is, even thought it focuses more on the ARC troopers wanting a different life, but it also shows what the Jedi think of the clones,

Si Titran wrote:

Is it wrong to not be able to choose a favorite? I know some people dislike Traviss and all but I really like this series. I recently reread The Cestus Deception (Hey I've had a bad knee and I read fast) and the clones in it aren't the same. I mean  there isn't anything wrong with them, its just different in the treatment, ie perspective is almost exclusively from non clone chararcters. Traviss' commando series to  me is just more comfortable. That all said I think Sev and Scorch are tied for my favorites. I like to think that I would be the right gal for Sev, as I seem to think similarly. (I guess i am fully nutty now).

well put. i've read it too--it was decent, but the clones were VERY different from KT's. and why would anyone dislike her? she's done a GREAT job with both the Commandos and with the Mandos--both virtually unexplored or known. I say kandosii, for doing such a great job with so little.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Werda Verd wrote:
Si Titran wrote:

well put. i've read it too--it was decent, but the clones were VERY different from KT's. and why would anyone dislike her? she's done a GREAT job with both the Commandos and with the Mandos--both virtually unexplored or known. I say kandosii, for doing such a great job with so little.

i think that we can all agree on that much smile

Heer Heer!

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Yes. Those that "dislike" Traviss work weren't from this board, but another one. It might have been also about her work in the entire Star Wars galaxy and not just her Comando work.

i dont see why anyone would have a problem with her

Either do I. I was just repeating what someone somewhere else was saying.  Shes way better than say, Kevin J Anderson or Barbra Hambly in my opinion.

I feel that anderson did well on the books he wrote, but if i remember right weren't most of his books directed at a younger audience?