Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Boba Fett Love...

When Boba Fett makes love to a woman with nothing but his buy'ce (helmet) on, and his blaster at his side...

...I wouldn't put it past him...

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

I didn't really think too much about Boba until after I saw the movies.  He was a very interesting charachter I thought, but his limited role didn't really get my attention.

It was after playing KOTOR and leaning about the Mandalorians that I really took another look at Boba and realized how interesting he was (and how much more he could be; thus my upcoming FanFic)

What I love about him (and the Mandalorians) now is that he is the gray force in Star Wars.  So much of the SW universe is so centered on light Vs Dark; good Vs Evil.  I dont consider Boba either.  He has his own set of rules, and lets the rest of the galaxy be damned for whatever they think about it.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

virulent_messiah wrote:

Boba Fett Love...

When Boba Fett makes love to a woman with nothing but his buy'ce (helmet) on, and his blaster at his side...

...I wouldn't put it past him...

He asked, and you answered *INTERWEB-HI-FIVE!*

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Gotta love taking questions literally!  I thought I was the only one who did that.  (I think y now, my friends are tired of my answering "the sky" whenever they ask me "what's up?")  Nice job V_M.  And yes, I don't think he'd let his blaster go, no matter what happened.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

(I think y now, my friends are tired of my answering "the sky" whenever they ask me "what's up?") .

I take that to the next level, (Oxygen, water vapor, then, well....nothing, because there is no up in space.)

I should try that sometime....

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

(if were inside, i include the ceiling, then wires and stuff like that big_smile)

I only went to rafters, insulation, rooftiles, sky, then.  I like your style here. smile

The OP was obviously biased and full of ridicule...

Why is he so popular? He's been popular since he first showed up in the movies, because of his striking visual and his mystery. He filled an important role in Empire, and he made a big splash for a background character in both ESB and ROTJ. Though he isn't one of the most central characters, he commands attention at points and provides one of the biggest threats to the heroes. His somewhat comical onscreen "death" isn't incompetency or anything... it's just how George Lucas moved the story along.

Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually entering this conversation, but I do want to stick of for the Fett man.  The mysteriousness is definitely a big factor, and the books written about him are just amazing.  He's a hard working man who can stick up for himself.  He's worked hard and long to get where he is as the galaxies best bounty hunter, which is very respectable considering the losses he's sustained to get to the top spot (ie loss of father).  I don't think he's racist, he only cares about people who have bounties on them, not what color their skin is.  Anyhow, he has spiffy armor, nice weapons, and an all around good story line.  Anyhow, thats just how I feel about the matter, and if we are answering the question literally, I have to agree with VM, nice one vod tongue

P.S.  why join a fan club if you don't even like the character?  kinda pointless really.

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

111 (edited by Merciless Mandalore Monday, March 10, 2008 5:00 pm)

good point, cloneapart. but, although this thread is hypothetical and somewhat ridiculous, it says in tales of the bounty hunters that boba is so pure skill and hunter that he has no need for love or any accompanying activities, and says he has never taken part in said activities. Also, in the book the mandalorian armor, it says he has no fear (it pretty much goes without saying). He is so mentally disciplined, that he essentially has no emotion, not regret, not love, not fear, not even hate like Dengar. And unlike Dengar, he has excised his emotions mentally, not because of some surgery. I do know that Jango had microsurgerey to remove his pleasure cells, so that breaks the tie for me between him and Boba for my favorite SW character, putting Boba in the lead.
btw, i don't want to take things too srsly, so i will say i like your opening post, virulent messiah. funny. big_smile

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

CDO wrote:

Hello,

Admittedly I do not have love for Boba Fett.  I pretty much think he is an over-rated.  However, whenever I mention Boba's inadequacies, many fan boys are pushing me aside. 

Now I get my Star Wars "Canon" from the official Star Wars Movies, the Official Novels, the Star Wars Muppet episode, and the Star Wars Holiday Special. 

I do not accept the "Expanded Universe" as star wars Canon, basically, those are the only places where Boba looks at all competent in my opinion. 

Lets take a loot a Boba's Canon performance:

Original appearance - The Star Wars Holiday Special, basically Boba doesn't do crap in this, although he is a "major" character.  If you haven't seen it he basically befriends the "good" guys, hangs out with them for a bit, then calls Papa-Vader like a whiny child asking what do do (How about some disintegration you tool).  Boba, who apparently knows nothing about basic encryption when making a g/d telephone call, is found out by non other then rolling trashcan R2-D2 when his "call" is intercepted.  The segment ends with Boba flying away.  We don't really learn much else about this "elite" bounty hunter accept that Chewy thinks he smells weird on and he has a rope gun, wtf people a "rope gun?!?!"...

Second Appearance -   Boba "floats" out with the garbage.  That's basically his only contribution in this movie.  Again, when he tracks down Han he calls his Imperial wet-nurse, Vader, to take care of things.  Boba then runs away with a frozen Han.

Third Appearance - Do I have to recount the total failure of this guy in this Movie?  WTF was this guy even hanging around after he has recieved his money (total JV move).  And how is this elite guy defeated?  With an accidental touch in the back by a vibro-axe handle.  You know if your going to own Mandelorian armor, how about you take care of it.  I doubt the fooking suit comes stock with a jet-booster on/off switch on the back...

Attack of the Clones - Again nothing special in this performance.  Just buried his "clone" father and stole all his sh*t....

I really fail to see why so many fan boys support this guy so hard?

Perhaps you guys can let me in on the secret.  As far as I can tell he is a total failure all around.

-CDO

Ok, I'm just going to skip all the stuff in between this post and the last, because it's boring and I don't have time to read it all.   Everyone (I'm assuming of course) likes the Fett man because he is not the stereotypical SW lightsaber swinging Jedi/Sith you always see associated with SW.  He is your classic western gunslinger, an anti-hero that you can root for because you know that whatever he does, it's going to be badass.
And just because you don't view the books as canon, does that mean that they aren't canon?  Of course not.  That would be silly.  The books are just as much canon as the movies.  Your opinion does not matter.
For those that don't share these sentiments, I have one question.  Why are you here?  You feel like it?  That's interesting.  Seeing as the name of the website is 'Boba Fett Fan Club' it would be within the realm of reason to assume that everyone here is a 'fan' of Boba, am I right?  Apparently not.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Problem. I am not exactly a fan of Boba Fett, as much as the other people....I find some of the claims to his abilities outrageous. But unlike CDO here, I dont join a site just to thrash people and be a complete and total idiot.

So . . . why are you here?

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

you don't have to be a hard core Fett fan to be here, some people come here to hang out with nice people ect.  Anyhow, I know why your here AA wink tongue

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

cloneapart wrote:

you don't have to be a hard core Fett fan to be here, some people come here to hang out with nice people ect.  Anyhow, I know why your here AA wink tongue

I am so glad you said that. Sometimes I feel so lost and out of it when I read these threads.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

The Yautja wrote:

So . . . why are you here?

Aside from CA's reason (:P) I joined because a friend of mine showed me the site, and despite the fact that we didn't need yet another way to hang out, because we lived about 100 feet away from each other, I joined. so did he.

who? B_B? as a guess

and i saw this, and while i like Fett a good bit, i figured there might be some fellow Mando'ade, which was my primary reason.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--