Re: Quarantine (RPG)

Frank brought the dead spider to Calvin.
"I run some tests,"said Calvin.
'Weird, the spider has not come back to life' thought Calvin.

((Okay maybe not New York. What did you have in mind?))

"This IS my signature."

Jon felt around in the dark for a light switch. When he found one, Jon discovered there was nobody on this particular floor of the building. No guards, no nothing.

"Hmmph. Must be higher up in quarantined area. Suggest we find elevator."

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

129 (edited by Valthonin Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:52 pm)

"Alright theres a service elevator over there." Fort said to Jon pointing at a pair of steel doors with a panel next to it. They approached the elevator and paused. This seemed like of a kind blunt and direct type of infiltration.
"What the hell." Fort said as he pushed the up arrow.

Meanwhile, high into the tower, a red light flickered to life and blinked on a security personel's observation panel. He grabbed his radio and spoke into it.
"Intruder alert at service elevator 003."
"Roger."The radio crackled back.

The elevator doors opened and Jon and Fort were already aiming into it just in case it had any unwanted passengers. It was empty and they cautiously walked in. Fort was again faced with the bluntness of using a button panel. He looked up and down at the large panel consisting of buttons numbering up to 99, the 100th one having a lock next to it, keeping them from actually reaching the last floor on the elevator. Fort shrugged and pressed the 99th button. The steel doors closed and the elevator flew through the stories with surprising speed. The eleveator music was quite pleasant...yet contrasting the mood of the mission.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

130 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:00 pm)

Edward checked and rechecked all of their hacked camera feeds to find the intruders, but nothing turned up.
"Damn. Where are they?" He thought.
Then the elevator light came on.
"Oh." Ed quickly found the elevator feed again. "Got you. Renfro! Get over here! We have movement!"
"Who do you think they are?" Renfro asked.
"I don't know. One of them looks to be Military of some kind, but I don't know about the other guy. We can't take any chances, so cut the light and get ready." He replied.
"Will do."

"This IS my signature."

131 (edited by Ph34r Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:41 pm)

Jon and Fort stood in the elevator as the pleasant music played in the background. The awkward silence between them was made all the more uncomfortable by the music.  Jon checked his ammunition and made sure his sword would be easily accessable should his guns run out of bullets.

*Ding!* The elevator chirped as it reached the 99th floor.

Jon and Fort stepped into complete darkness. Jon heard the sound of guns being cocked.

"$#%^."

((Edited.))

"This IS my signature."

(Wait a second, are the guns we just you Lord Revan? I didnt want to start a gunfight with a possible ally. Also I write that the elevator stopped halfway through the building and me and Jon ahd to jump off before the cord was cut and the elevator crashed to the bottom, we would then have to fight our way through the remaining floors containing hostiles...that way its not too easy. You guys want to keep it like this or make that change?)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

((I'm not gonna start a gunfight. But maybe we can see where it goes from here...after all, anything is possible in an RPG.))

"This IS my signature."

135 (edited by Valthonin Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:14 pm)

(OK then)

Fort pushed Jon back into the elevator and they pressed themselves against the sides of the steel doors, awaiting the gunfire that was gonna fly into the open elevator.......but it never came.

"This is Sargeant Daniel Fortesque of the Marine Special Forces Corps, put your weapons down and identify yourselves!" Fort yelled into the darkness.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

"Put our weapons down?? You wish. Micah, get the lights."
"Already done." Replied Renfro.
"Now that we can see each other..." Castle stood up, but still was not letting go of his Barrett. "...I'm Gunnery Sergeant Edward Castle, and my friend here is Staff Sergeant Micah Renfro."

"This IS my signature."

"Jon Kovacs. Nice to meet you. Get out of my way." was how Jon introduced himself. His guns remained haeld high, aimed at Castle and Renfro.

"Hold on Jon, lets not be too hasty. Your officers? Officers of what exactly?" Fort asked the strangers.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

"Well, To make the long story short, we came in, got blown to hell, what is left of the population are now what I would call 'zombies', and here we are in this damn tower crawling with those resistance fighters. Now would you like the long version?"

"This IS my signature."

"No. We know about zombies, we're following a lead on who's responsible. Infection started from a crashed armored car belonging to comapny named Rand. This building's Rand HQ. Fort & I will find out why Rand wanted these zombies and bring criminals to justice. That's my short version. You want long version?"

Calvin ran several tests on the spider.
"Only on thing can be possible,"said Calvin, "it doesn't effect animals, or insects."

"Well thats a relief." Frank said. Krista looked at him as if he were insane. "Hey, id rather not turn into one of those things out there cause i got a misquito bite on my arm or somthing like that. We need to get out of here. In the morning, when its light."

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

"I didn't want your story. You said you are officers, officers of what exactly? Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, the local Police force...what?"

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Krista shuddered, "Don't even suggest getting contaminated via mosquito bite. That's a scary thought."

Krista looked around and wondered what their next move would be.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

145 (edited by Lord Revan Monday, November 19, 2007 11:05 pm)

"Well, If you cannot tell from our fatigues, or the fact that I'm a Gunnery Sergeant...we're Marines." Castle replied.
"I apologize for not mentioning it when I introduced myself. And what might you be?"

"This IS my signature."

At that moment Krista heard a scrapping noise at the window. She jumped up to see a zombie clawing at the shutters with an open hand that was lacking a lot of flesh.

"They're trying to get in!" Krista cried as she stated the obvious.

She pulled the glock out but Frank made her lower it. "Don't waste the ammo. I don't think it can get in here."

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

It had only been ten minuets, and already there were more of them. One turned to two, two to five, five to fifteen. They were still ariving. Frank was pacing, trying to think of a good escape plan. He walked to the window, where most of the zombies were. He looked at them, and saw how they all stared at him, one even tried to chew the glass. He walked over to the others, who were all near the chairs. "Ok, I have a plan."

Krista looked up, "Okay, what's the plan?"

She sincerely hoped it didn't involve going outside where the zombies were.

BFFC Moderator

"Were gona starve if we stay in here. We need to get out, unfortuantly, its going to be dark, and we need to leave soon, or we wont be able to go at all. There are plently of things we can use as weapons here. The army has a perimeter set up, but its pretty far out. Unless we can get a car, were gona have to walk. I dont want to be out there, but we cant stay here. Besides, if we get to the perimeter, were out of this, we havent been bitten, we would probably just have to stay in quarantine for a month or so." He looked at them all, he could see the fear on their faces, and he could feel it inside himself aswell.

Krista chewed her lip, not liking what she heard. "I've still got my car keys."

Frank nodded, "Is the car far from here?"

"About a block or so. But I'm worried about zombies lingering around it." Krista told as she looked at the glock once more. She had extra rounds but she'd never really had much to do with guns. Chances were she'd be a lousy shot.

BFFC Moderator