Re: Mystik (RPG)

(well, apparently, i dont have good memory/attention...)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

(Sorry guys, but I'm outy for a while.  The internets gonna get cut to the barracks, until the first.  I'll have a surprise when I come back.)

[i]Verd ori'shya beskar'gam[/i]-A warrior is only as good as his armor.
[i]Cogito, ergo armatum sum[/i]- I think, therefore I'm armed.

(k c yaz then, or read from ya, whatever)

129 (edited by Valthonin Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:23 pm)

The fog in the mountain pass was unnaturally thick. Valthonin slowed Cloud's pace to a walk so that they wouldn't run into anything. He cast a Light spell, but did not help as much as he hoped. The silence was the worst part. Not a bird, critter or bug made any sound...if there were any. Valthonin was very cautious, he sensed them. Undead. There presence was not lost on him. He was ready if they attacked. No undead creature has ever bested Valthonin in combat. He was a paladin, a scourge of the undead. His divine power was specialized for dealing with them.

Something changed...the light pressence of lesser undead had faded away, they had departed. Yet they were replaced by a much greater pressence. A great undead creature had come and they fled in fear. It had no doubt sensed Valthonin and was looking for him. Valthonin dismounted Cloud and unsummoned him, he would face this threat head on. He waited, casting various protection spells and auras. Then it came. First, he felt the fear, the dragon fear. A familar sensation, lost on him due to his experience in wyrms and undead. Then he smelled it, the stench of rotting meat and flesh. Then, he saw it. The beast was flying above him. It flew by magical means, for its wings had rotted and disintegrated long ago. All that was left was a skeleton. The great beast landed in front of him and Valthonin got a full view of it. It let out a great screech when it saw Valthonin that rocked the mountains. It was an undead dragon, a Dracolich. http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/images … colich.jpg

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

When Malachai returned to the cam site, Kal was in a tent and Squee was laying on the ground, using a tree stump he had uprooted as a pillow. Malachai chuckled and sat down in front of the fire. He closed his eyes for a second, and it was morning.

"Where did our horse go?" Squee asked, looking around for Zephyr.

"I sent him back home. If our opponent is riding a horse that needs no rest, I believe will need something faster than horse, whifch also needs no rest."

After a ad-hoc breakfast of berries and small wooldland creatures, Malachai once again prepped for summoning.

" Summon Aryni !"
There stood a great enormous wallow, composed entirely out of wafer-thin, razor sharp steel. Her eyes glowed a bright green, like two enormous emeralds. The travellers mounted the swift bird, and away they went.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

The Dracolich began the fight by casting a Negative Energy Ray, the opposite to Valhonin's searing light. The beam of dark energy shot from the Dracolich's mouth and Valthonin countered it by sending his own Sering Light spell to negate it. Valthonin ran towards the Dracolich in attack position and swung Brightblade in a mighty arc. The Dracolich raised its skeletal claw, now covered in a black bubble of energy and blocked the blow. The bubble disappated and the Dracolich swung its huge claw at Valthonin, sending him flying into the mountain side. He picked himself up and charged again, this time trying to get under the Dracolich's reach and strike its chest. He narrowly missed both claws and struck the ribcage with a bone cruching blow which only broke one rib of the Dracolich's skeleton. It launched its sharp tail through its own legs at Valthonin underneath him. Valthonin dodged the stab and grabbed hold of the skeletal tail which his free hand just as it whipped back to its normal place. Valthonin was dragged along with it and the Dracolich franticly attempted to throw him by swinging its tail wildly. Valthonin held fast and let go while he was above the Dracolich and landed upon its bony back. The Dracolich then jumped into the air and took flight, still madly trying to shake off Valthonin. The Dracolich flew up past the cloud's and into the sky. It flew through the mountain peaks and valleys with increadible speed. The jarring moving didn't allow Valthonin a clear killing shot with Brightblade. He sheathed the great sword upon his back and fully grasped the Dracolich's spinal cord, who was still flying past mountain peaks and clouds.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Kal'ok'eth looked down uneasily. Being off the ground had always bothered him. Mountains were fine, tall buildings were as well, but not having solid ground there to support him made him nervous. He began to feel sick. Quickly he looked aroun, a their surroundings, until the felling passed. He looked behing him, suddenly feeling alert, and ready.
"Behind us!" He yelled, seeing Valthonin, on the dead creature.

((Is Valthonin's dracolichdead? Because to me it seems like its still alive, but you just said it was dead...))

((its UNdead. But, he wasnt able to get a good proper "killing" strike with the thing flying around like crazy.))

(yea its undead, meaning, in this case, its a living skeleton of a dragon. And its sometimes considered more powerful then the living kind)
The Dracolich went into gutwrenching dives and spins, jagged movement and sharp turns here and there trying to lose Valthonin. At one point they flew by another flying creature with some old friends of his upon its back. He barely saw them as the Dracolich flew by and went into more twists and turns. It's skeletal structure allowed for a firm grib for Valthonin to use. Now however it began to turn its head back and shoot lightning from its mouth at Valthonin. He was on the small of the Dracolichs back, so the Dracolich couldn't reach him but the lightning was dangerously close.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

"Your some kind of necromancer arent you?? Use your skills!"  Kal'ok'eth yelled, he threw bolts of lightning at the dragon's iritation.

137 (edited by Valthonin Wednesday, October 3, 2007 6:42 pm)

The Dracolich was now circling the area where the battle began. This was useful information for Valthonin because he knew that no Dracolich could be truly killed until its phylactery was destroyed. The phylactery was a certain altar or object containing the Dracolich's forgotten spirit. They could never stray too far from it, and the fact that it returned to this place lead Valthonin to believe the phylactery was located somewhere near here. The Dracolich turned its neck as far as it could again for another shot of lightning. Valthonin saw his chance and took it. From behind the Dracolich's neck he reached out and slipped his hand through the Dracolich's barren eye socket, his hand traveling through the red ball of light that was the Dracolich's eye. Using an aura of improved strength Valthonin bent the Dracolich's neck as far as he could and it let out an ear splitting screech. The Dracolich could no longer see where it was going, and it crashed straight into the mountain side. This sent both the Dracolich and Valthonin plummeting towards the ground, a rockslide from the crash followed them. They hit the ground, Valthonin cushioned by the Dracolich's body. He looked up and saw the rockslide about to crush him. He cast a Divine Intervention spell and was encased in a golden bubble of light, shielding him from all harm, but also rendering him useless. The rocks crashed down on the Dracolich and Valthonin, covering them in large boulders and earth. When the rockslide stopped, Valthonin released himself from the spell he cast and looked back at the Dracolich, now pinned by huge boulders. He walked up to it and slowly drew Brightblade from his back. He raised the great sword, paused to allow the ancient beast a few moments of solace, and brought down the glowing blade with all the strength he could muster. He rendered the Dracolich's head from its body, but it was not over yet. He turned around and faced the mountain side where the rockslide had revealed a cave. He entered the cave and aside from the huge amounts of gold, valuables, riches and mass amounts of wealth that every dragon had he found the glowing red orb on a stone altar that was the Dracolich's phylactery. He began an incantation and a pillar of light blasted through the cave roof and onto the phylactery, oblitherating it. After the Hammer of the Gods spell ended Valthonin retrieved his pack from outside and withdrew from it his magic bag of holding. He opened the never ending bag and began to shovel in the treasure. He would deposit these funds at his treasury in his castle, which was located in his home dimension.

(Once again sorry for the length, I like to write.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Malachai observed on the back of Aryni as the warrior defeated the Dracholic. "He's destryoed its spirit. It was already 'dead', but now it is truly departed to the land of spirits. However, it is not useless."

Malachai stretched out his hads, which began to glow with dark energy. tiny orbs of blackness encircled the necromancer's clawed gloves, and his eyes were closed as he concentrated on his incantation. Suddenly, his eyes flew open, glowing bright purple in their sockets. The black orbs were condensed into two brilliant beams of necromantic energy, and the beams sped towards the area where Valthonin's battle had taken place.

"There. The dragon will rise again, an enormous skeletal puppet. Admittedly its power will be significantly less, but you see, this monster has slain many travellers and their bodies are strewn about its lair. They too will rise and give our opponent grief. Let us depart." And they did so.

When he had finished collecting the massive amount of treasure he stuffed his magic Bag of Holding into his travelling pack and walked outside the cave. A horde of undead adventurers greeted him, and at the vangaurd, the Dracolich. The red glow was not in the Dracolich's eyes however, so it was not the ancient dragons spirit that had returned. These undead creatures were reanimated by a necromancer. He unsheathed Brightblade and charged the Dracolich first.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Kal'ok'eth's unease was obvious. He looked down at the ground frequently, and had his eyes closed for at least ten minuets once. "When will we be there?" He asked, for the fifth time.

"I cannot make any guarantees, but look over there," Malachai pointed towards a large gropu of dark clouds hovering over the horizon. "Those are going to hinder our flight. Aryni, descend!" The steel swallow swooped down to earth before restraightening merely a few feet above the ground. "Perhaps this will suit you better until we get there?"

"Yes, thank you." Kal seemed quite a bit calmer now. Squee had long since fallen asleep.

The battle took a few hours. There were more undead then Valthonin realized, and he was exhausted. He stood upon a mountain of blood, gore, and bones. His magnificent armor was blood spattered. Brightblade 's holy glow was now red because of the blood covering the blade, it hung loosely from Valthonin's hand. His gaze panned the area and at all the carnage that had just taken place. He suddenly dropped to his knee and stabbed Brightblade into the pile of gore infront of him, leaning upon it for support. He breathed heavily for a while until his heart slowed and he relaxed. He reached into his bag, brought out a large linen rag and cleaned Brightblade. He sheathed it upon his back and walked away from the battleground and up to a light stream coming down the mountain that was near the Dracolich's cave. He then took off his armor, something he almost never does on missions, and restored it to its former glory using his trusty old rag he'd used for ages. He rested under a tree for a while as the amor dried and then he suited up again. He summoned Cloud, and rode out of the mountain pass and off into the storm ahead.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

After a short time the dark clouds erupted into a fierce storm. Torrential rains poured down remorselessly as thunder boomed and lighting split the sky. Aryni's slick and curved body caused the rain to glide off of her, but the travellers were not as fortunate. Malachai, Squee and Kal were soaked within seconds.  Malachai looke dup at the clouds frequently, staring at them as if something was wrong. In time he knew what was amiss. There were only afew stormy clouds, and yet the rain was following them even as Aryni travelled at full speed. This was no normal storm.

"Hmm..." Malachai decided to figure out what was going on by firing a sphere of dark energy up at the clouds. Suddenly there was deafening roar of thunder and bolts of lightning shot out at the travellers.  Suddenly the clowds shifted their shape and formed an enormous winged creature with  sparks of lightning emanating from its massive wingtips. The creature's beak was also formed of pure electricity, and blasts of lighting spewed from its mouth.

"I knew it!" Malachai exclaimed. He turned to his comrades and shouted over the gail-force winds "I hope you lads are up for a fight! The storm that's been plaguing us was a thunderbird, and I believe I've made it mad!"

(dang, cant think of anything to post now, may edit later, or if some one else does first post later....)

The cloud's above Valthonin swirled and formed the visage of a Thunderbird, which began to attack his pursuers, which had taken the lead. He halted Cloud and looked up at the battle that was about to begin.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Squee pulled the starp on his helmet tight, and pulled out his war hammer looked up at the Thunder Bird.
"Boss how we gonna get up ders to fight it?" Squee asked with a little bit of edgyness in his voice.