Re: The Perfect actor for Boba Fett

Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned, Clint Eastwood.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Ok I love Christian Bale more than anyone else here... but why waste his beauty inside the helmet. And you cant do Boba without that at all.  Now Bale as a mando.... thats another fantasy....

Stratham works for me ( ooh i love bad boys...)

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Well, there's a couple of concepts I'd like to challenge here. 

First of all, accent has nothing to do with this thread, as we're either talking about who we either think would have been the best actor for Boba *or Jango it seems.*  The field is entirely open; this is a subject of who we think most completely fulfills our image of Boba/Jango, both in AND out of armor *so pick Bale if you think he could have portrayed Boba the best AND is the image you have of what he'd look like under the helmet.*

All that being said, I still think Jason Statham is about as close to what I imagined was behind the mask as anybody.  He's about the right hight *maybe a little short; I'll have to look up how tall he really is.  Boba/Jerrmy is 5'10'' I think, and is the height I associate as being Fett's even if we replaced Jerrmy hypothetically with our chosen actor* he's got that low rough voice that I associate with Fett, and he's damn sure got the moves.  He's a little bit more heavily built then Boba i think, but it's the only flaw that I know of *Jerrmy/Boba was a little leaner as I recall*  And lastly, even though the English/Kiwi accent wasn't part of the original portrayal of Boba, the coming of KotOR and Ep. II has made those accents part of Mando culture.  So I'd live with the new voice as a step toward making Boba more Mandalorian, even of the older version was better *maybe, I'd love to hear Statham's version of the original lines*

Jackman..........I associate him with his movie Van Hellsing, even though it's not what he's best known for.  His look in that movie is NOT what I envisioned Boba as...the long hair especially.  He doesn't have a low enough voice for the job either in my opinion.  However, he's got about the right build, and could easily  pass himself off as a stone cold killer.  So he'd make a passable Boba.

Christian Bale......I'm not sure.  He's got the right build and as we all know can be a total Bad@$$, but there's something off to me about him as a Fett/Mando.  Not sure if it's his eyes, his voice, or what it is.  I could see him as being the best choice Lucas could have possibly made for Anikan Skywalker, but I don't see him as a Fett.  He comes across more as a Jedi to me for some reason. 

Eastwood is actually a hell of a choice, and one I wouldn't have thought of for some reason.  Lean build, chiseled/weathered face, low brow with those piercing eyes...  Only problem with be the country accent.  I've got one myself, so nothing against it, but I don't associate it with Boba for sure.  Might still work though; I'd love to hear his version of the original Boba lines as well.

Here's another for the mix.  Anybody think Brad Pitt could pull it off?  Normally I'd say absolutely not, but his performance in 'Troy' makes me consider him. 

Two more possible candidates are Bruce Willis and Vin Diesel.  As much of a Willis fan as I am, I'd probably lean toward Diesel for his voice and his leaner yet stronger build; though Willis as the cool and calm skills to do the job well I think

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Vin Diesel would be cool but he's probably a bit bulky.

I'd like to see Colin Farrell in the role, I loved him in SWAT.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2003/08/08/arts/08SWAT.400.jpg

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

nah. Colin Farrell, Boba? just not possible *twitches at thought*

Yeah more the more that I think about it i like my choice of Eastwood. I thought about it, and if the Boba I'd be the most scared to run into would be the one that acts like the man with no name. Statham and Bale aren't bad, but theres a certain cold, calculating feature that they lack that Eastwood captures brilliantly. This is one of Boba's defining qualities. I feel like Eastwood would act like Boba Fett really would.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lets be specific then Val... we dont mean the current OLD Clint Eastwood... we mean young and in his prime Eastwood correct?

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Yes. I mean this Clint Eastwood http://www.henrysheehan.com/essays/def/eastwood.jpg

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Ah, so the Sergio Leone trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly) Clint Eastwood. Good choice.

For those who've seen him in 'The Jackal' and 'Last Man Standing,' you know Bruce Willis can have the Boba 'cold as death' attitude and even a pretty good voice for the job.  I think he'd be a good choice for Boba, or if you use the more modern Willis he might pull it off as Kal Skirata.

He DOESN'T, however, have that Eastwood look or stare...Eastwood's eyes are especially good for the roll.  So yeah, I'd have to pick Clint between the two.  Between Eastwood and Statham.....not so sure.  Would be close

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

you guys are forgetting something and its been bugging me....

none of these guys look anything like jango!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jango=boba
boba=jango

he must look a little like his clone.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

No he doesn't. 

That's the whole point of this disscusion, who WE think would have best portrayed Boba, both in the movies and in-universe.  So esentially we're talking about replacing both Jerrmy and Morrison with whoever we'd like to see in the role; no rules really

oh, ok, gotcha

then i think i would pick.....

william dafoe?

idk

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

hmmmmm.........that's a pick I wouldn't have thought of.  He does have a lean, weathered face and look.  Full Metal Jacket and Spider Man I he had and maintained some action skills as well

yeah, thats where i was coming from RD.

maybe back in the 80s-90s Willem Dafoe.

Ralin Drakus wrote:

No he doesn't. 

That's the whole point of this disscusion, who WE think would have best portrayed Boba, both in the movies and in-universe.  So esentially we're talking about replacing both Jerrmy and Morrison with whoever we'd like to see in the role; no rules really

But we never saw Jeremy's face, and apparently that wasn't even HIS voice in the OT...replacing him woud've been pointless...Temuera however...

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

Mandalore Hunter wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:

No he doesn't. 

But we never saw Jeremy's face, and apparently that wasn't even HIS voice in the OT...replacing him woud've been pointless...Temuera however...

Well, it's all hypothetical

Replacing Jeremy would be required if, say, you wanted somebody 6'7'' in the role

How about Jet Li as the actor? Short, but strong in his own right and Fett was a martial artist.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

His 'Galactic Basic' skills might be an issue    tongue   But otherwise, he might be a good pick

Ralin Drakus wrote:

or if you use the more modern Willis he might pull it off as Kal Skirata.

Hmmm...age wise, but Kal is described as smaller and leaner. I have no idea who could play Kal, and I'm not sure I'd want to seen anyone try--it would probably come off poorly.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

i found someone that looks exactly like skirata
http://blog.dhomeandgarden.com/wp-conte … d12266.jpg

Yes he DOES look like a blond Mando!

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

regimas wrote:

i found someone that looks exactly like skirata
http://blog.dhomeandgarden.com/wp-conte … d12266.jpg

He would be a great actor for Skitara... hmm

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

his name is ed harris, ive always thought he looked like skirata