Re: Star Wars Vs. Star Trek

i guess

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

Spaceballs is a spoof of Star Wars... and a rather damn good one too.

ok, first star wars ship go at HYPERSPACE which is faster then light,

second, if Jango had his armor (just armor no weapons) he could beat Worf, strength isnt everything.

And this is a question I have always wanted to ask: Phasers uses light to kill right? Which the Borg can adapt too. But blasters use super-charged Plasma too kill a target. How can somthing adapt too that?

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

29 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, August 1, 2007 4:22 pm)

Valthonin wrote:
Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

1Star wars is much more expanded that star trek this is probably due to a bigger fan base.
2Star wars has jango star trek has worf Jango vs Worf. Jango wins
3Two words: Death Star

1.Star Wars is not much more expanded
2.Don't compare Worf to Jango...Theyre too different, hand to hand worf would destroy Jango...Slave 1 verses Kirk's enterprise(the smallest one), Enterprise wins
3.if ONE X wing could destroy the death star, then so could the enterprises much more advanced and effective torpedoes.

i think the death star's destruction was a combination of plot line, the force, and blind luck
(hey, i quoted myself smile )

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

mainly the force/luck.

Set phasers to stun!  Also the stormtroopers in ANH set their blasters to stun to catch princess Leia, with pretty blue rings!

No disintegrations, No fun

As a SW geek forever. I do like ST. I grew up wathing it. but i won't get into detailes of what is better. But i do agree with Valthonin about bad actors. Like Hayden C. or A.K.A. maniken skywalker. Nuff said. There are great actors and not so great in both but very injoyable. But again SWG4E.

yeah, the blue rings were class!   big_smile

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

Fett_II wrote:

mainly the force/luck.

but you have to admit, plotline had a lot to do with it smile

they  should but a stun setting on the blasters on battle front 3

Jodo Kast 2K wrote:

Before everyone goes nuts on me, i will say the compareson  of the 2.. YES ST has better Tech than SW. BUT the one thing ST don't have is fun,colorfull characters as SW. ST has a lot of dull characters. ST might have more women but in SW the women(leia) would kick there *** in a heart beat.

Well, Star Wars is more Fantasy/Sci-Fi and Trek is very much Sci-Fi, so that may explain the Tech being so different.

Star Trek does have a bunch of good characters. They may not be a Chewie or Yoda, but they're distinctive enough to be good in their own rights.

As for women, Kira Nerys (From DS9) and Seven of Nine (From Voyager) could give our girls a run for their money, with the exception of the Jedi and Sith women.

even though I prefere Star Wars, Trek has its good moments as well.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Thylacine wrote:

Star Trek does have a bunch of good characters. They may not be a Chewie or Yoda, but they're distinctive enough to be good in their own rights.

like Data and Cpt.Picard

Jodo Kast 2K wrote:

Before everyone goes nuts on me, i will say the compareson  of the 2.. YES ST has better Tech than SW. BUT the one thing ST don't have is fun,colorfull characters as SW. ST has a lot of dull characters. ST might have more women but in SW the women(leia) would kick there *** in a heart beat.

Dont forget Padme and Mara Jade!

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Spock and all the main characters from TNG vs...what? let's see:

Ep1: whiny Anikan, Jar-Jar, bad writing.
Ep2: whiny Anikan, whiny Boba (i wanna slap George!), love story.
Ep3: whiny Anikan, Mace died, story felt crammed.*
Ep4: whiny Luke. (Ep4 is my fave. big_smile )
Ep5: not George as the director.
Ep6: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||, Ewoks (*shudder.*), Boba's "death".

*it felt like, since George only had one movie left, he had to cram everything he could into that last Episode of the saga. throughout the whole movie it felt like that. and what's up with no Boba appearance?!? not even a deleted scene?!?

personally, it's a tie.

Spock rules!
Star Trek: The Next Generation rules!
and
Boba Fett rules!
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (digitally remastered edition) rules!

Star Wars Episode VII: Boba Fett's Revenge
Coming to theaters whenever George Lucas dies.

You can't compare teh two as far as actually char to char exchange.  They exist in separate glaxies, times, and probably universes.

THough all of star wars' ships are bigger, the bad guys badder, and the good guys don't talk in three syllable bursts like Captain "I'm a retard in Tights" kirk.

[i]Verd ori'shya beskar'gam[/i]-A warrior is only as good as his armor.
[i]Cogito, ergo armatum sum[/i]- I think, therefore I'm armed.

Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

ok, first star wars ship go at HYPERSPACE which is faster then light,

second, if Jango had his armor (just armor no weapons) he could beat Worf, strength isnt everything.

And this is a question I have always wanted to ask: Phasers uses light to kill right? Which the Borg can adapt too. But blasters use super-charged Plasma too kill a target. How can somthing adapt too that?

Star Trek ships dont travel at light speed or hyperspeed, they travel at WARP speed and slipstream speed which beats hyperspeed any day.

Jango could not beat Worf. Worf would not win because of his strength. He is Klingon for gods sakes, he is a warrior also. He has his own form of close quarters combat which he uses alot more than Jango so he is probably better at since Jango is always using his blasters. Worf is always using his form of karate in the episodes.

Also phasers DO NOT use light at all. Look it up.

Raj'el Vhett wrote:

THough all of star wars' ships are bigger, the bad guys badder, and the good guys don't talk in three syllable bursts like Captain "I'm a retard in Tights" kirk.

The bad guys arent necessarily badder, although Darth Vader was very evil he still turned back in ROTJ. Also the Romulans are some pretty evil !@#$%$#@ (that can mean whatever you want it to btw)
Dont judge all the Star Trek characters by one like Kirk made in the 60s Captain Picard is very intelligent as well as Spock of course.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Spock rules cuz he's intelligent!

yeah!

Star Wars Episode VII: Boba Fett's Revenge
Coming to theaters whenever George Lucas dies.