Topic: Boba Fett Removable Rocket

I know this auction has already ended, but I thought this was pretty interesting. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 1&rd=1

I had heard of the "rocket firing" prototypes out there, but I had never heard of the "removable missile" versions by Lili Ledy. As the guy describes in his auction:

" I read on theswca.com (Star Wars Collector Archive, Gus Lopez) that this variation occured as a result of a manufacturing error. The rocket/missile is supposed to be glued and then inserted into the figure's body as it is made/sonic-welded. Some Boba's were completed without the rocket and then it was inserted and twisted into place allowing the rocket to be later removed.  I am not quite sure  just how many of these there are out there. Who knows how many Fetts were incorrectly made this way? I have also read that,  as a lot of people have tried to do before, it is nearly impossible to actually pull out a fixed rocket and pass it off as a true Lili Ledy Removable Rocket figure. The missile will break, there will be glue residue, etc."

I can attest to the "broken rocket" thing.  I gave my little brother all my Star Wars figs when I stopped playing with them.  When I started collecting them again, he tried to find them for me, and the only one he was able to find was my old Boba Fett figure (it must have been a sign from above).  Anyway, he had obviously tried to take the rocket out, and broke the tip off of it.  Those suckers are in there pretty good.  They definitely didn't want the lawsuit the people from the Battlestar Galactica toy line got when that kid choked to death on one of those shooting rockets.  Anyway, I just thought it was pretty cool, because that's around the time I started liking Fett stuff, so I didn't really care that it was broke.  I was just tickled to death that I had my original Boba figure back.  That's the only one  I don't keep with the rest of my Fett stuff.  He sits right on top of my computer. 

:-p

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Re: Boba Fett Removable Rocket

Ended with 0 bids. Suspect, eh?

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: Boba Fett Removable Rocket

BFFC Admin wrote:

Ended with 0 bids. Suspect, eh?

Either that, or too rich for everyone's blood.  Everyone must be saving up for the Con.

wink

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."