Topic: Oh Why Did They Change His Voice???

At the moment they're having a run of the Original Star Wars Trilogy on the telly, not that they're very original with all the added scenes etc. It's the first time I've seen it with Boba's voice changed. It really ticked me off. It sounded so wrong. My perception of Boba was very strongly taken from his voice. Tem just doesn't do Boba justice. What I wouldn't give for the original trilogy ONLY digitally remastered on DVD. None of this edited garbage.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Oh Why Did They Change His Voice???

I actually am one Fett fan who likes the change. They both are good, but I personally just like the sound of Temera's(sp?) voice more.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

KudarMubat15 wrote:

I actually am one Fett fan who likes the change. They both are good, but I personally just like the sound of Temera's(sp?) voice more.

Same here.

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

I hate the new voice. It destroys Boba. The first time I heard it I shut off my dvd and refused to watch the rest of the movie. Nowadays whenever I watch it I always mute it while Boba speaks. sad It's so horrible, I have to mute my favorite character just to enjoy the movie!

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

i love it.It fits better. I admit if they had kept it the same, the expanded universe could have explained it(Notice how 3 members of delta sqaud DON@t have tem's voice) but it fits to have Tem's voice.

What i would have liked to see changed was the scream when han accidently acitivates the jetpack. I dnt think the scream fits at all for Boba, it should b removed full stop.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

THE FLASH wrote:

What i would have liked to see changed was the scream when han accidently acitivates the jetpack. I dnt think the scream fits at all for Boba, it should b removed full stop.

I agree with that 100%.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

That one I do agree with, the scream should be removed. Either that or Ben Burtt can play with it a bit to make it deeper and more manly, maybe shorter too. But removed entirely would be better.

xD That scream makes me laugh. I think they use the same scream in some of the LOTR movies. Cuz i remember i was drawing at my friends house and her lil cousins were watching...the second one.... and i herd that scream and i looked up and said "BOBA FETT?!" and was utterly dissapointed xD.

They changed'ed his voice? Was it in the newer ones...buh....um.....or am I just...lost......verymuchly....

Been ages since I've been here.
:] Whats up?

In the dvd versions of the OT Boba has a different voice than in the VHSs. This is because some idiot decided to make a very bored Temuera do a half-hearted attempt to copy Boba's voice and then they decided to dub this in as Boba's voice in the movies.

what narks me, is Boba is super hard, tough, never lets emotions rule him, beats everyone and everything, and let he screams!!!!

That is so, so, so wrong

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Yeah the scream is so wrong. But then the flirting with Rystall is too. Ah they should have just left him how he was. There were many possible reasons why Boba's voice could have been different - synthesizer, accident etc.

I also noticed you can tell when it's Jeremy acting and when it's not. Jeremy just has Fett's moves down so well. He was right to say "He's slow, but he's fast" it's so true! big_smile

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

The Jeremy-Boba moves with a grace and confidence that cannot be described... *is in awe just thinking about it* But I'm sure you guys don't want to hear me ramble.

I must admit, I like the voice-change. Knowing his history and everything now it makes perfect sense. I've known Boba since I was six, but somehow it just seems right for him to sound that way.

As for the scream... I say we pool our credits and post a bounty on the idiot who decided to make Boba scream like a girl. I could see a shout of surprise and perhaps even dismay, but that? Why not just strip the man of his dignity all together? Oh wait, Rystal mad Idiots...

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

It's hard for me to really take a side on this because I have not seen the OT on VHS since I was probably six. I have no memory of hearing Boba's voice from the VHS. I didn't know his voice had been changed on the DVD until I joined the message boards here at BFFC. Now, I have heard the old Boba Voice from downloading his phrases, and I really do like it better. It just seems to fit him... can't explain it. Also, I agree with his scream is something that could be changed for the better. My brother claims that it is used a few other times in the movies, like when Padme's ship is blown up at the begining of Episode II, someone has a all too similar scream...

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

14 (edited by Miba Sunday, March 5, 2006 7:37 pm)

That scream you hear in a lot of movies is the Whilem Scream. Ben Burtt loves using it. I'm not sure if that's the same one that was used for Boba, though.

it sounds similar but it isnt the whilem scream

Ok, thanks. I thought it wasn't.

Zara Orono wrote:

I think they use the same scream in some of the LOTR movies. Cuz i remember i was drawing at my friends house and her lil cousins were watching...the second one.... and i herd that scream and i looked up and said "BOBA FETT?!" and was utterly dissapointed xD.

I know that part, when an elven warrior falls off the Deeping Wall and screams like a little girl.

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Yeah the scream is so wrong. But then the flirting with Rystall is too.

Oh silly people...he wasn't FLIRTING.  He was scanning her face to match her up with a bounty on his list.
He killed her later, when nobody was looking.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

They changed his voice so it would follow the story line of Boba being an unaltered clone of Jango.

"As you wish."-Boba Fett

19 (edited by SciFifreak90 Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:52 pm)

Yet if you've played Republic Commando, all the clones have different voices, yet came from the same template.

I started watching the Original Trilogy when I was about 4, and watched it pretty much weekly if not several times per week for the next few years. I grew up with the original Boba voice, and when I bought the 'remastered' DVD collection, I was mortified. Both the scene with Rystall, and the new voice woke an anger inside me the likes of which have never been seen. Were the person who did that present, I very likely would've made his knees bend the wrong way, broken his spine, and made him look as I stepped on his throat, helpless to do anything.

*breathes deeply* Ice cubes Johnny...remember ice cubes....ice cubes are cool, be cool. Bloody psychiatrist stuff doesn't help anyway.

If you haven't already assumed, I hate the voice change with an undying passion. I hate the voice, I hate the Rystall scene, and I most definitely (even though it was in the OT) hate the scream. Those responsible for the changes should be publically executed, and I would find no greater honor than being on the firing squad.

But pertaining to the subject: Why did they change his voice? Because sadly, I'm not entirely sure if Lucas knows his characters as much as his fans do. I'm not going to get into the whole 'Greedo shooting first' ordeal (HAN SHOT FIRST GORRAM IT), but I do indeed believe that The Flanneled One has lost sight of the glory of his original creations. This would also help explain why Episodes I, II, and III weren't even close to the greatness of their predecessors. Long live the OT, and let the fires of Tartarus consume he who slaughtered the image of our exhalted Fett.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

I agree with most of that, perhapes not so violently, but I agree.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Ditto to that. Lucas lost the plot when he wrote Ep I to III. But it's all about the money. If he wanted to do more films why didn't he start them with Luke passing the torch onto another young novice who had to prove themselve in a time of turmoil, at least then things would have tied together more easily.

BFFC Moderator

I think one of the biggest things that sold Boba Fett as a popular Star Wars character was the voice. That chilling voice from the original Empire Strikes Back was a large part of what made Boba Fett such an interesting character.

That being said, one of the prequelcasting decisions that I happened to agree with was Temuera Morrison as Jango Fett.

Did the voice have to change? Certainly not. Look at Republic Commando, as others have said. Only Boss sounded like Jango Fett.

One can argue that Daniel Logan as Boba Fett already had the Concord Dawn (aka New Zealand) accent. Well, I have a friend who left Australia when he was approximately 10 years old. Now, he sounds like a typical American.

Bottom Line? I don't care either way, I like both voices.

However, I do think Lucas should have preserved pre-SE Star Wars. I think it was a big mistake to try and wipe it away.

Dervish, welcome to The Boba Fett Fan Club boards. I think you bring up some great points. About preserving the pre-SE Fett, that's what we're here for. You can find video clips of the pre-DVD SE here at BobaFett.com.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

BFFC Admin wrote:

Dervish, welcome to The Boba Fett Fan Club boards. I think you bring up some great points. About preserving the pre-SE Fett, that's what we're here for. You can find video clips of the pre-DVD SE here at BobaFett.com.

That's a relief, thanks smile

I also hate the new voice.  It reminds me of Jango.  (Shiver) 
If it starts bothering me to much, though, I just take my 12" Boba action figure, club a baby seal with it, and then press the button on it's side and listen to the soothing, menacing tones of Jason Wingreen* emmited from the small speakers hidden somewhere in its chest.  (I'll probably club some annoying people too.  Until they die.  Heh.)

*For those of you who don't know, Jason Wingreen was the actor who did the original voice of Fett.  May his disgraced memory now live on in peace.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!