Re: Do you go to church?

(Yeah, Sev, our Leader's pretty cool.)

I am a Christian, and go to church. (Very meager two cents worth, but hey)

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Werda Verd wrote:

Does it center around blackmail, theft, arson, assault, and other illegal activities? Do you have field trips to the side of the road, to pick up trash? Do you wear fun orange jumpsuits? Is that what Haruhism is like?

Good one Verd:)

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

thanks.

Kelborn wrote:
draco fett wrote:

I'm a Christian, but I can't stand people who force any religion or belief on anyone.

Me too Draco.  I'm a Christian, but I would never try to FORCE anybody to believe what I do, because I wouldn't like it if anybody tried to do that with me

Trying to force people to believe what you believe is wrong, but Christians shouldn't just sit around either. The majority are too forceful, or not forceful enough.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

I am a Christian, and must confess I am a reformed "Jesus Freak" who went about trying to evangelize by pointitn out "how wrong people were".  Odd, I had very little sucess that way.

These days, I prefer to live my faith through my actions and hope that the thesis of my life leads others to Christ.  I must admit that I have more sucess in this manner.

I, along with my two little mandos (I also refer to them as my ninjas) go to church and try to live our faith daily and not only on SUN.

"We do bad things to worse people"

480 (edited by revan07 Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:59 pm)

I try to show people the way into beleif in Christ but not in a forcefull way

I don't go to church at all and I fell really sorry for myself, God has given me the gift of knowledge in the age of 13, the gift to understand. If you talk to any other kid about religion, he's not gonna get your point. God has given me many gifts in my life and I appreciate that; he even gave me the ability to talk in English. I have never been on an English school, I taught myself, I am just 13, so that's why my English is...a bit lame, but perfect for my age.

Anyway, I thank God for all that, but I don't go to church...I am always sleepy and bored...Shame on me, I know.

Well, you don't have to go to church all the time. Try watch Joel Osten on TV or on of those other TV preachers.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Edgeorge wrote:

I don't go to church at all and I fell really sorry for myself, God has given me the gift of knowledge in the age of 13, the gift to understand. If you talk to any other kid about religion, he's not gonna get your point. God has given me many gifts in my life and I appreciate that; he even gave me the ability to talk in English. I have never been on an English school, I taught myself, I am just 13, so that's why my English is...a bit lame, but perfect for my age.

Anyway, I thank God for all that, but I don't go to church...I am always sleepy and bored...Shame on me, I know.

God doesn't give you intelligence. It all depends on the environment you grow up in (wheter you get a good education, etc.) and your genes. Oh by the way did all of you know that the Pope was a Nazi? True fact, I'm not kidding.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

How Ironic! God gives you he ability to learn in all aspects

What do you mean Appo? you mean former german soldier during WWII? if so then that doesnt mean anything at all. That doesnt mean he hates jewish people, it just means he fought to defend his country.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

486 (edited by revan07 Friday, September 5, 2008 4:10 pm)

Nazi's aren't actually evil, what they did was evil and Hitler and their leaders may have been evil but the fighting soldiers weren't so bad, they didn't understand what they were really doing, they thought they were fighting for people.
Hitler was atheist and evil. The nazi soldiers were not evil, just miunderstood, but what they did was evil,

revan07 wrote:

Nazi's aren't actually evil, what they did was evil and Hitler and their leaders may have been evil but the fighting soldiers weren't so bad, they didn't understand what they were really doing, they thought they were fighting for people.
Hitler was atheist. but evil. The nazi soldiers were not evil, just miunderstood, but what they did was evil,

Hitler was evil, germany only became his because they needed a strong leader. The higher ups of the nazi army who knew about and supported the holocaust were bad, but like you said the soldiers on the ground were not necessarily evil. Anyways this is off topic.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

I totally agree! It wasn't that party it was it's leader.
That and the S.S.

I didn't bring up the fact that the Pope was a Nazi to try and make him sound evil, I just thought it was interesting. And this is getting off topic, like AA said.

No, I don't go to Church.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Can you go? If you can't why don't you just watch TV preachers like Joel Osten.

sorry, but i have to go back OFF topic for just a sec...

Commander Appo wrote:

Oh by the way did all of you know that the Pope was a Nazi? True fact, I'm not kidding.

That's just a cheap shot of the worst kind Appo...  Unless you've got or heard some pretty solid proof that he IS a nazi you should keep a lid on such a comment.  I'm not Catholic, and I dissagree with them on a LOT of stuff, but saying something like that is just Wrong.

And don't try to blow it off by saying you didn't "try to make him sound evil."  You know Damn Well that sticking the tag 'nazi' on somebody is making them sound like the very essence of evil, especially when you didn't clearify WHEN or if he STILL WAS one.  If all you wanted to explain was that he'd served in the German armed forces during WW II, you should have said exactly that.

Back on Topic:

I Am a Christian, but no i don't go to church

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

If you were given the choice of you and your family being tortured/murdered, or serving in the  German armed forces: What would you do?

Yeah alot of people in germany were given that choice, so just because someone fought in Hitlers army, doesnt mean that he agreed with his views on life.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

I believe that I would serve the German forces.  God doesn't keep you form hurting He just protects you.
Here is a joke obout that:

During Herrican KATRENIA, a man that was living in a town right in the herican's path.
He was sitting on his protch ane day. and a family drove by in a truck.  A man got out and said, "Hey didn't you hrer that that storm is heading stait toward us! C'mon we'll give ya a ride."
" No thanks God will protect me"
Well the storm hit and another guy came by in a boat and said "C'mon," but the old man who by know was perched on his roof said "no thanks God will protect me"
A couple of days later a helicopter comes by while the old man is on his chemny.
"c'mon" they said, but the man said the same thing he ha said before.
Later when they came back after the flooding the old man was dead.

Trust God but don't stupid about it.

Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

If you were given the choice of you and your family being tortured/murdered, or serving in the  German armed forces: What would you do?

Yeah alot of people in germany were given that choice, so just because someone fought in Hitlers army, doesnt mean that he agreed with his views on life.

Are you commenting on Appo's post or mine?  If you're after me, i think you missunderstood my point, as I agree in general with everything you said there.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

495 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:47 pm)

No, I was agreeing with you there Ralin. Sorry I cna beh enclear somtimes tongue

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

I now theh fealing   tongue

Was just checking, cause yeah, it seemed we were basically on the same line of thinking, but I saw how my post could have been read differently

I said "was" meaning that he WAS a Nazi, at least technically because he was a German soldier in WWII. That means he ISN'T anymore, which pretty much clarifies it. He says that he didn't want to join the German army, and I believe that he meant it because I've read several books on the Hitler Youth and such, and you had no choice but to join the army unless you wanted yourself and you family to be tortured and killed like MSW said, and most didn't want to join. I think the Pope is a good man and I just found it ironic that he comes from such a bad place. Sorry if I upset any of you.

And Karson, I don't go to Church because I am not very religious, not because I am not allowed.

Watch TV preachers!

Just because you where in the German Army didn't mean you were a Nazi. The were alot of good men in the German Army. Most believed in God.
I wasn't the German Army as much as it was Hiitler and the SS divisions. Many people think that all the German in the German army where Jew--haters.
Most of them could care less about the Jews exsitance, it didn't bother the normal Greman. 
In fact one Easy Combany guy Patrick O'Keefe, was saerching a greman POW when he found a little Bible type thing in his pocket.

Alright thanks for clearing that up big_smile

your welcome!