Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Sintas Vel wrote:

my collection of Jango stuff.

Ahh! Evil! tongue

I don't have a problem with Jango, and he makes up a moderate portion of my collection, and I don't mind if people like him. I just defend my reasoning that he is a sub par bounty hunter.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

Hiring others: That is true, but it does not show wonders for his bravery, or honor.

Wrist rockets: That was a complete waste of useful, powerful, expensive weapons.

Helmet: Most bounty hunters do not have such a useful, versetile helmet to wear.

Mandalorians: Under other leadership, the conqured planets without being nigh-obliterated.

Shot Zam: This conversation is not about weather it would make for a good movie, it is about reasons for hating Jango. Not shooting the Jedi was a very unintelligent choice.

Armor: He was beaten more than once, so he can not defeat any opponent.

When I call him an idiot coward, I am obviously exagerating, but not by much.

wrist rockets: it was his money, he can choose to waste it if he wants.

helmet: so what!

mandalorians: he is a good leader.

shot zam: the jedi cold have used their lightsabers to block hi attack, and even if h did kill them zam could tell someone else.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met. - Rodney Dangerfield

Isaac_fett wrote:

wrist rockets: it was his money, he can choose to waste it if he wants.

helmet: so what!

mandalorians: he is a good leader.

shot zam: the jedi cold have used their lightsabers to block hi attack, and even if h did kill them zam could tell someone else.

Not only did he waste money, he wasted a valuable tool in a dangerous situation.

It would leave him open to a head shot easily.

He lead the Mandalorians to their first major down fall in centuries.

They did nolt block the dart, so I doubt that they would not be able to block the dart. Zam would have no reason to tell anyone else, and even if she did, Jango could go down and get her.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

If Jango had killed a Jedi, he would of had half the Jedi order comeing to hunt him down.

Not something you want.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Killing Zam: Absolutly nessicary, she was going to give away sensitive information. He made a very good tactical choice.

He obviously saw no reason to kill the jedi. He was smart. he didnt kill anyone that didnt need to be killed. No colateral damage.
Wrist Rockets: Ever hear of a tank?
Mandos: Even if he screwed up their empire/whatever, he was responsible for returning them to glory (By way of Boba Fett.)
Helmet: Absolutly nessicary. All the devices. make him better at what he does. If you dont have a helmet, you cant operate in hazardous enviroments.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Killing Zam was not at all nessicary! I think it was unhonorable, and by doing so he lot cover, and was spotted.

Karson Fett wrote:

Killing Zam was not at all nessicary! I think it was unhonorable, and by doing so he lot cover, and was spotted.

It was nessicary. She was giving away very sensitive information. he silenced her. He lost his cover, but he still escaped. Some things are nessicary, no matter what the risk, she was almost dead. and in that state, she was weak. She gave in to her weakness, he killed her. He was strong. She was not.

it is the way of the Sith........:D

actually, he only did it to hide his name.

Which is still sensitive info
(STOP UNDERMINING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But he should have faded into the shadows

But then every one would be complaining about him being a coward.

(Now I consider the comics as cannon too but I'll just use the movies for the sake of others)

Listen I have made this statement more then I would like. If we ARE soposed to act if this is real then without Jango there is no Boba or ARCtroopers or stormtroopers or any other clone related things you like. It's that simple. It's not "flawed logic" it's just reality.

Also all the points being made about jango can be turned on Boba too.
Boba used wrist rockets, a helmet and has hirard and then shot/left to die many "coworkers" just so he can have more money,hide a secret, or just because.

As for Jango "Just being an idiot" (that IS flawd logic) Boba isn't much better, he left a blind smugler AND a wookie who is NOT blinded and could rip his arms off behind him to shot a jedi... ON A DIFERENT SHIP! only to have his jet pack goof up and send his SCREEMING into the sarlacks mouth. Wow talk about pathetic. I mean we don't even get to see boba kill one thing in the movies. Jango on the other hand killed a jedi and stood his ground with one of the best jedi ever Obi-Wan Kenobi. All of which he did in one movie.

Once again, don't get me wrong I love Boba just as much as Jango. But if we are to look at this as real then without/compard to Jango Boba is nothing.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

I agree with everything you say up to the last sentence.  In the movies most of you would have to agree Jango looks a lot better that Boba Fett in his actions.  If we are talking within the Star Wars universe which includes all canon, I think Boba exploits were much greater than Jango's.  He is more well known than Jango for many reasons.  As of recently there were his adventures in the Yuuzhan Vong war.  All in all, Boba is equal to and likely greater than Jango was.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

I'm not saying Jango is better, I was just showing he's not a/an "idiot/coward/lame"

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Alo Fett wrote:

I'm not saying Jango is better, I was just showing he's not a/an "idiot/coward/lame"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with your last post, expet the "compared"
(did you notice my signature?)

don't forget, everyone knew of Boba cuz he's Jango's "son" and was most likely to follow in Jango's footsteps anyways

93 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, October 3, 2007 6:07 pm)

So, Jango realy made his reputation for him. And boba just built it up.
Think of a reputation as a building. Jango built his building from scratch (as far as I know) then when he died, boba renovated it, and added more and more floors.
Does that make sense?

yep, kinda what i was saying, but you put it in easier reading.

I like easy reads

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

But then every one would be complaining about him being a coward.

I would not have it would have been smart.

Yeah, you would have. If he had ran away/hid every one here would be complaining about that.

Fett_II wrote:

don't forget, everyone knew of Boba cuz he's Jango's "son" and was most likely to follow in Jango's footsteps anyways

Trained by the best, so everyone else expects you to be the best, also?

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

Yeah, you would have. If he had ran away/hid every one here would be complaining about that.

Nope I would not be.

it made me feel sad when he lost and was killed by one of those smug jedi goons.

SF is what life is all about.