Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Valthonin wrote:

If he was im sure he could clear the distance easily, or better yet they would come to him, assuming he didn't already kill one with a dart instead of Zam.

Why would he bother? He obviously didn't want to engage a Jedi in a close-quarters fight. And flamethrowers against a Jedi don't seem very effective.

draco fett wrote:
CloneMedic54 wrote:

Zam might have gotten killed if the rocket exploded close enough to them, but only because she was already injured.

That would still take care of Zam without evidence.

That's if she was killed by the blast at all. The accuracy of those wrist rockets over long distances is still kinda questionable.

But say she was killed. That doesn't mean there is no evidence as to who the killer is. Anti-personnel rockets that are that size and can be mounted on a person's wrists  can't be that common or else every merc with enough funds would be using them. All Obi-Wan would have to do is ask around in Coruscant's underworld about a bounty hunter or merc who uses that type of weapon. Or else just asked about what bounty hunter's were seen with an assassin matching Zam's description.

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

What I mean is that the wrist rocket would kill one Jedi. It would disorientate the other, leaving him open to a blaster attack. If Zam gets killed in the during this, she is also silenced. Even if Obi-Wan did survive, the missle wuld be a plethora of small pieces. He might be able to identify them, but there are other mercenaries who use them.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

what are you on about? is it when zam detonates the explosives on the deck, when the ship lands on it?

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

Instead of asking, you could read the previous posts.

The only way that scenario works out is if the rockets possess the power and accuracy to kill a Jedi. I've given reasons why I don't think they do.

The jet pack mounted rockets are too loud and noticable .I'm not sure if he even had the Mitrinomon Z-6  jetpack on. And the smaller ones don't do enough damage. In this instance I think silencing Zam was the best course of action.

And how many mercs could there be who use that kind of weapon and associate with an assassin fitting Zam's description?

56 (edited by draco fett Monday, July 30, 2007 8:18 am)

I don't see why they wouldn't have accuracy or power. If the rocket hit someone in the head, it would kill them. Boba killed someone in one of the comics compiled in Death, Lies, and Treachery with his wrist-rocket.

Zam did not work with Jango too often. She did some of his jobs for him, but they did not work together extremely often. Not too many living saw him with her. So she may not have been able to be identified with him.

57 (edited by CloneMedic54 Monday, July 30, 2007 3:39 pm)

I can't really respond to that because haven't read it so I don't know how close he was to his victim when he used the rocket. But I've already said that I don't think the artists in comics give an accurate depiction of the Fett' weaponry.

And even if they were accurate enough, somewhere during the rocket's flight they'd have heard it coming. They heard Jango's jetpack from where they were, so I think an incoming rocket would have given off enough sound to alert them.

Which leads to evidence. If Zam was killed but even one Jedi survives Jango would be incriminated. They saw an armored individual with a jetpack take off from a rooftop right after Zam died. If he'd shot a rocket he would have even more clearly given away his position. All the Jedi would have to do is ask around Coruscant's underworld about an armored bounty hunter who wears a Jetpack and has a preference for small anti-personnel rockets.

58 (edited by draco fett Monday, July 30, 2007 5:50 pm)

No one saw or heard Jango take off besides the Jedi, so I don't see why  they would notice the rocket and react to it in time.

I gave the reasons as to why I think that the Jedi would not survive.

CloneMedic54 wrote:
Valthonin wrote:

If he was im sure he could clear the distance easily, or better yet they would come to him, assuming he didn't already kill one with a dart instead of Zam.

Why would he bother? He obviously didn't want to engage a Jedi in a close-quarters fight. And flamethrowers against a Jedi don't seem very effective.

Lightsabers cant stop flamethrowers, how is it ineffective?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Valthonin wrote:
CloneMedic54 wrote:
Valthonin wrote:

Lightsabers cant stop flamethrowers, how is it ineffective?

Force powers can.

draco fett wrote:

No one saw or heard Jango take off besides the Jedi, so I don't see why  they would notice the rocket and react to it in time.

I gave the reasons as to why I doubt that the Jedi would not survive.

The alley they were in wasn't so loud that the noise from  a rocket would go totally unnoticed.

And I agree with you on that. The Jedi would survive.

You can only hold back flame billowing in your face for so long before your force powers drain you energy.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

CloneMedic54 wrote:

It seems that I made a typo. Replace "doubt" with "think" in my post.

Valthonin wrote:

You can only hold back flame billowing in your face for so long before your force powers drain you energy.

Before that happened, I'm sure the Jedi would have just used his force powers to destroy the flamethrower.

draco fett wrote:
CloneMedic54 wrote:

It seems that I made a typo. Replace "doubt" with "think" in my post.

I figured that. I was just messing with you.

64 (edited by Karson Fett Tuesday, August 7, 2007 9:21 am)

Valthonin wrote:

I never rely thougt that jedi had force meters.

65 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:42 pm)

CloneMedic54 wrote:

The only way that scenario works out is if the rockets possess the power and accuracy to kill a Jedi. I've given reasons why I don't think they do.

The jet pack mounted rockets are too loud and noticable .I'm not sure if he even had the Mitrinomon Z-6  jetpack on. And the smaller ones don't do enough damage. In this instance I think silencing Zam was the best course of action.

And how many mercs could there be who use that kind of weapon and associate with an assassin fitting Zam's description?

See, if you or me were Jango, we would have had a bigger investigation by the jedi avoided. If we decided to off 2 jedi knights like everyone else though, we'd get ourselves in considerable trouble. I'm glad you think logically.

draco fett wrote:

If he shot them (or Zam) with a blaster, there would have been no evidence that would point to Jango.

I'm afraid the jedi might have sensed a blaster. Perhaps they didn't sense the dart because of.....who knows? But they've been proven to sense blasters.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

In that location, it would have been nigh-impossible to find the assaliant.

I do not see why they would sensed the blaster bolt if they did not sense the dart.

draco fett wrote:

In that location, it would have been nigh-impossible to find the assaliant.

I do not see why they would sensed the blaster bolt if they did not sense the dart.

Maybe it's more difficult to sense the dart? no one knows, lucas's logic is a bit flawed. and to answer the question about jango disrespect, people are free and entitled to their opinions, but i would say that some who hate jango dont understand what he went through, and that they should pay him some respect for caring for boba and teaching him basics that, when combined with bobas will to survive, lead him, an underdog, to become the alpha dog in bounty hunting.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

I don't hate every aspect of Jango, though I think he could have had Boba a little safer at times.

draco fett wrote:

What I mean is that the wrist rocket would kill one Jedi. It would disorientate the other, leaving him open to a blaster attack. If Zam gets killed in the during this, she is also silenced. Even if Obi-Wan did survive, the missle wuld be a plethora of small pieces. He might be able to identify them, but there are other mercenaries who use them.

Jango uses short range blasters. They would not have enough range to kill a jedi.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

Jango uses short range blasters. They would not have enough range to kill a jedi.

Well I just see that as a flaw in judgment on Jango's part. He most likely knew he wasn't going to want to get near the scene.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

Well I just see that as a flaw in judgment on Jango's part. He most likely knew he wasn't going to want to get near the scene.

He uses other weapons besides his short rang blasters. Like in a comic I read once, he used a sniper rifel.

And too the peaple who say his armors shiny: its not. He once took a whole pirate base with out being seen one time.

personally...

i don't hate Jango.

he just lacks the oomph that Boba has in abundance.

(Jango Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Mace Windu made Episode II!!!!)

Star Wars Episode VII: Boba Fett's Revenge
Coming to theaters whenever George Lucas dies.

I love Jango almost as much as I love Boba, there both wicked cool, But Jango as acutally done somthing with his life he saved the mandalorians from the death sqwad. Boba fett hase done a little bit in the Legacy of the Force series, bot nothing great.

He captured hundreds, probably thousands, of criminals.

I know what you mean. I get crap all the time about my collection of Jango stuff. So, I went and got him tattood real big on my arm. He rocks my socks off just like Boba  smile

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."