Topic: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Seriously, I have seen people call him an idiot, a coward, and all kinds of other stuff, for no apparent reason. Where does that come from? I like Boba better, but it doesn’t mean I hate Jango.

An idiot? The only reason he died was that his suit was destroyed by the reek. Both of the Fetts rely on evasion when they fight, just look at their weapons and rocketpacks. With no escape and only two blaster pistols, even the best shot in the world could not stop a powerful jedi from walking up and slicing their head off.

A coward? I don’t even know where that one comes from…if he was a coward, wouldn’t he have dropped his guns, bowed down and said “Please Mace Windu, I know I kinda lit you on fire, but don’t cut my head off!”

Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

1. There is an existing topic for this conversation: http://www.bobafett.com/boards/viewtopic.php?id=893
2. When people (usually I) call Jango an idiot coward, the give their reasons, so you can read those.
3. I never said that Jango is an idiot because of his death.

Coward:
-hires other mercenaries to do the jobs that he was hired to do

Idiot:
-used two wrist rockets to kill two guards, who were right next to each other, and were running away. One rocket or two blaster bolts would have worked.
-does not wear helmet in public, which is not intelligent in his line of work
-lead thee Mandalorians to decimation for the first time in centuries
-shot Zam when he could have shot Anikan and Obi-Wan
-armor is reflects too much light, whick ca attract unwanted attention

That is all that I can think of at the moment.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I don't think he's an idot or a coward, but yeah, it would have made much more sense for him to shoot Obi-wan or Anakin.  They wouldn't have seen it coming if they couldn't see it coming for Zam.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

"Coward:
-hires other mercenaries to do the jobs that he was hired to do"

Um, thats called sub-contracting, and I fail to see how cowardice applies... he has done plenty of more challenging things himself.

"Idiot:
-used two wrist rockets to kill two guards, who were right next to each other, and were running away. One rocket or two blaster bolts would have worked."

Wow, that is so much not a valid reason that i'm not responding

"-does not wear helmet in public, which is not intelligent in his line of work"

Um... every bounty hunter has to wear a helmet? Nope.

"-lead thee Mandalorians to decimation for the first time in centuries"

He did not cause them to die, they would have been beaten no matter who was leading.

"-shot Zam when he could have shot Anikan and Obi-Wan"

Yes, because the two main characters should have been killed in the first 15 minutes. That would make sense...not.

"-armor is reflects too much light, whick ca attract unwanted attention"

I'm sure he knows its shiny. That does not make him an idiot... He obviously doesn't care that the people he is hunting can see him, because he will kick their *** anyway.

Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.

Hiring others: That is true, but it does not show wonders for his bravery, or honor.

Wrist rockets: That was a complete waste of useful, powerful, expensive weapons.

Helmet: Most bounty hunters do not have such a useful, versetile helmet to wear.

Mandalorians: Under other leadership, the conqured planets without being nigh-obliterated.

Shot Zam: This conversation is not about weather it would make for a good movie, it is about reasons for hating Jango. Not shooting the Jedi was a very unintelligent choice.

Armor: He was beaten more than once, so he can not defeat any opponent.

When I call him an idiot coward, I am obviously exagerating, but not by much.

Hey draco... Those are wrist lasers in that panel, not rockets. Anyway, I don't hate him. I almost like Jango as much as Demagol, or Revan... Wait... Not that much. But still, Lucas wrote it that way and there is nothing we can do about it. So blame him, not the character.

"This IS my signature."

Lasers could not cause such an explosion.

We cannot blame the writers because this debate is in-universe.

draco fett wrote:

We cannot blame the writers because this debate is in-universe.

True, however Jango wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Boba's popularity.

I guess what annoys me is that Jango is stated (more in the novels) to be one of the best bounty hunters of his time. I didn't really see him do anything particularly great in the film. However, the Bounty Hunter game, now that was a different matter... Jango kicked arse in that.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

draco fett wrote:

Wrist rockets: That was a complete waste of useful, powerful, expensive weapons.

I doubt that with all the money he was making with the clone deal with Dooku (5 Million credits i think) wrist rockets would have been that much of an expense.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

But still, why waste them?

Jango also left Montross alive in the game. If he was a bit more practicle, he would have made sure that he was dead, no matter how slim the chances of his survival.

BFFC-Mel wrote:

I guess what annoys me is that Jango is stated (more in the novels) to be one of the best bounty hunters of his time. I didn't really see him do anything particularly great in the film. .

ummmm... if your going to say that then Boba didn't do much ether.
draco- "lasers could not cause such an explosion."
they were blasters so yes they could.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Ok, time for me to give my two cence:
1. Boba had other people do his work all the time.  Take using Bossk and Zuckess in the Bounty hunter wars novels.  He just double crosses them.
2. Boba wastes more the Jango.  If you've read the stories of Bar and Ry Kooda you see him use wrist darts instead of blasters all the time.
3. Jango is also more human the Boba, and explains a lot.  Sure, he walks about without a helmut.  Sure he leaves some people alive when killing them might be easier.  He even tries to raise a kid.  Boba is pretty mucha souless abomination.

Oh, and when about a bazzilion, quillion, million troopers have you're genetic template, I'd geuss you're not concerned who knows what you look like.

All for one, and that one is me!

Force Master R wrote:

1. Boba had other people do his work all the time.  Take using Bossk and Zuckess in the Bounty hunter wars novels.  He just double crosses them.
2. Boba wastes more the Jango.  If you've read the stories of Bar and Ry Kooda you see him use wrist darts instead of blasters all the time.
3. Jango is also more human the Boba, and explains a lot.  Sure, he walks about without a helmut.  Sure he leaves some people alive when killing them might be easier.  He even tries to raise a kid.  Boba is pretty mucha souless abomination.

Oh, and when about a bazzilion, quillion, million troopers have you're genetic template, I'd geuss you're not concerned who knows what you look like.

jango being more human is sorta what annoys me.
i dont have as much distain for him as some, but he removes much of the mystery of boba...which undermines the original fett. pre episode2 i thought boba was a one of a kind. lucas tried to poop on that.

i want boba to be that "souless abomination" so to speak. cold and not removing his helmet EVER!
eat thru a straw!

you leave ur helmet on, not only to hide ur identity, but because everybody wants drama with the best.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

Alo Fett wrote:

draco- "lasers could not cause such an explosion."
they were blasters so yes they could.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster

First, Wookieepedia is not trustworthy. Second, blasters are shot numerous times in the movies, yet they do not cause explosions when they strike a person down.

Force Master R wrote:

Oh, and when about a bazzilion, quillion, million troopers have you're genetic template, I'd geuss you're not concerned who knows what you look like

Boba did not have others do his work all of the time, only occasionally. Jango had at least three mercenaries who did his work often. It was implied that he had numerous others.

In those comics, the use of the rockets are not wasted with overkill. Also, I never said that some of these also about Boba do not bother me aswell.

Jango is pretty close to an abomination. In Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, he drops a senetor off of a building. It has been a while sence I last played it, but I do not remember him getting paid for the assassination.

No one knew that he was the template for the army. Obi-Wan had to do extensive research to even find out about the army. When it was introduced to the galaxy outside of Kamino, I don't see why anyone else would know who the DNA supplier was.

15 (edited by Alo Fett Monday, June 25, 2007 10:42 am)

blasters are shot numerous times in the movies, yet they do not cause explosions when they strike a person down.
have you ever seen episodes 4,5,6 the stormtroopers blasters are always makeing a explosion whenever they miss (wich is a lot). and it's a comic what are you going to do show 2 little lines going through them? I have a few comics and the blasters there make explosions too.

"First, Wookieepedia is not trustworthy." I've already talked to you about why I trust wiki only as much as I trust the rest of the internet. and I'm now also giving other sorce's like umm... THE MOVIES.

I don't see why anyone else would know who the DNA supplier was.
"Hey that clone looks JSUT like that bounty hunter that was here last week..." And also when the clones got to the jedi to help you don't think that they would send someone then to go check it out?

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Look, If you do not believe me draco, I have that comic book right here. And they are red-ish purple-ish lasers.

"This IS my signature."

17 (edited by draco fett Monday, June 25, 2007 10:43 am)

Alo Fett wrote:

blasters are shot numerous times in the movies, yet they do not cause explosions when they strike a person down.
have you ever seen episodes 4,5,6 the stormtroopers blasters are always makeing a explosion whenever they miss (wich is a lot). and it's a comic what are you going to do show 2 little lines going through them? I have a few comics and the blasters there make explosions too.

"First, Wookieepedia is not trustworthy." I've already talked to you about why I trust wiki only as much as I trust the rest of the internet. and I'm now also giving other sorce's like umm... THE MOVIES.

I don't see why anyone else would know who the DNA supplier was.
"Hey that clone looks JSUT like that bounty hunter I that was here last week..." And also when the clones got to the jedi to help you don't think that they would send someone then to go check it out?

Blaster bolts have not caused explosions in the movies when they strike a person down. I have plenty of comics in which the blasters go right through the person. That is the way that it happens it the movies.

It does not matter weather or not you trust wikis, it is extremely easy to find misinformation on them. Why don't you try the Databank?

That is my point; If he kept his helmet on, people would have know way of knowing that he was the template.

I just checked my copy of the comic. In one panel, Jango is pointing both wrist rockets at the two guards. In the next panel, there is a gigantic explosion  that could not possibly be caused by blasters, even if they could cause minor explosions.

"Blaster bolts have not caused explosions in the movies when they strike a person down." I have plenty of comics in which the blasters go right through the person. That is the way that it happens it the movies."
YES THEY DO!!!! I JUST said that stormtroopers blasters are always makeing a explosion whenever they miss and when ever han/chewie shoots a stormtrooper they (gues what) EXPLODE just as big as in the comic.
"It does not matter weather or not you trust wikis, it is extremely easy to find misinformation on them. Why don't you try the Databank?" once again I've already said-and I'm now also giving other sorce's like umm... THE MOVIES.
"That is my point; If he kept his helmet on, people would have know way of knowing that he was the template."
But what I was answering to was:"No one knew that he was the template for the army. Obi-Wan had to do extensive research to even find out about the army. When it was introduced to the galaxy outside of Kamino, I don't see why anyone else would know who the DNA supplier was." you should have said was:"No one WOULD know that he was the template for the army." pluse the fact that Obi-Wan had to do extensive research to even find out about the army, shows that the whole helm thing is not inportant.
(you should realy read my posts BEFORE dissing jango/me)

It would be helpful for you to seperate your thoughts with the Enter key.

When the stormtroopers miss, they do not strike a person down. Han and Chewbacca's bolts explode on stormtroopers because the bolts are not strong enough to completely pierce the armor. Thos explosions do not come near the size of the explosions from Jango's rockets.

Your movie citation was not completely relevent, though.

I do not really understand what you are trying to say about the helmet.

I always do read the posts, and I have not insulted you at all, or Jango recently.

The blaster bolts definatly do not explode.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

draco fett wrote:

1. There is an existing topic for this conversation: http://www.bobafett.com/boards/viewtopic.php?id=893
2. When people (usually I) call Jango an idiot coward, the give their reasons, so you can read those.
3. I never said that Jango is an idiot because of his death.

Coward:
-hires other mercenaries to do the jobs that he was hired to do

Idiot:
-used two wrist rockets to kill two guards, who were right next to each other, and were running away. One rocket or two blaster bolts would have worked.
-does not wear helmet in public, which is not intelligent in his line of work
-lead thee Mandalorians to decimation for the first time in centuries
-shot Zam when he could have shot Anikan and Obi-Wan
-armor is reflects too much light, whick ca attract unwanted attention

That is all that I can think of at the moment.

Zam was killed because she was about to give away Jango. It's much smarter to kill her than them at the moment Draco...

If he killed the Jedi, he would still have had someone to do his work for him, and would not have to worry about them.

If he had killed the Jedi, it would cause a huge scandal, and a lot more public attention.  Eventually he'd have people like Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, etc. chasing him.

And there is the chance that the Force would kick in causing the Jedi to chase Jango and possibly kill him.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

In a place like that, there would be no way of identifying the killer, especially if he did not use the sbre-darts.

25 (edited by Volk-Ordo Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:41 pm)

Ok....so many things to say.

I agree with draco,blasters don't make explosions,there may be an 'explosion' like discharge if they hit steel however.

Hiring other bounty hunters to do a job you accepted isn't cowardly,it's actually pretty smart.Especially if you need to get another job done at the same time.

I don't think it's a bad idea to have bright armor(unless you're in a situation needing stealth) I mean,anyone that is trying to get away from him by hiding would probobly panic at the sight of the armor and run,making the hunt considerably easier.

And anything you find on wiki can be messed with,which is why you double check wich LA first,but not everything on wiki is a lie.

And Jango could not have killed Obi-Wan and Anakin,maybe one of em with the first shot,but the other wouldn't fall for the same thing!

,And I still don't see why you dislike Jango so much Draco!?