Re: Speak in Mando'a

cloneapart wrote:

Hey people,
Mando'a just got a whole lot easier to learn.  If you can access iTunes, then go on there and type in Boba Fett.  Yea, i do relise how big of a sw nerd i am to type in something like that, but when it pulls up the search, you can get a free subscription to a podcast in English that has a man who teaches some Mando'a phrases if you wish to learn how to proununciate the words better.  Podcast is called Aruetii ba'jurir dajun.  Also, you can get the star wars bounty hunter books on audio tapes from iTunes.  Just in case you were intrested big_smile

i've subscribed to it, but i think it only ran 1 epp.....which is stupid....

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

yeah that does seem pretty stupid to run it only once

[i]Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la.[/i]
Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

Does anyone know if they will be making more?
Still, Mando'a is a bit hard to learn if you can't listen to it being spoken by someone who knows how to pronounce the words.

(Nice avatar Ale'ika Skirta, really cool) big_smile

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

(thanks cloneapart)

well i dont know if they are going to make more, but if you listen to some of the songs from republic commando they do a pretty good job, especially if you listen to rage of the shadow warriors

[i]Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la.[/i]
Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

Hey everyone. I'm the one who wrote that Mando'a MLD. Thanks for the nice comments about it.

Cool! Nice to meet you.

Thats super cool if you ask me!

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

sola'lor wrote:

Hey everyone. I'm the one who wrote that Mando'a MLD. Thanks for the nice comments about it.

Did you only do one cus of copywrite stuff? or what. Cus it was interesting. d

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Thanks for welcoming me to these boards. THere was only suppose dto be that one Mando'a Language Dictionary. The main part was supposed to be the dictionary at the end, but I never did it. The grammer part was only supposed to be very short and basic. Right now I'm working on the MLO, Mando'a Language Objective. It will be much more in depth. I also read a comment here about including the spelling of Mando'a words using English letters. I'm going to include that in the MLO along side the Mandor symbols.

Thats wonderful and my interests have been piqued. I don't know the Mador symbols, and It would be great to know both.  big_smile

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

shes kind of taken over fett and made him into the image she wants and also all the mandalorians.ive just been reading the original trilogy and his fett is so different.more like the fett we know from the actuall movies.
i could not learn elvish so i wont try to learn mandalorian though shes done very well with her invented language

SF is what life is all about.

Mando'a is easier than elvish in my opinion though.

I wanna learn Mando 'cause the only words I know are cuss words tongue

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

i kno a few of the words and sayings such as ray'tu'shay'mhi (im not sure if i spelled it right) whiwh means until we meet again

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - Family is more than bloodline

Impressive Johan.

yeah i kno most of the words to vode an

Zeek_Fett wrote:

you know what i think?I think Mando'a is stupid. Travis thinks she can do all that all by herself? All of a sudden she can create a Mandolorian language and not talk to the old Fandalorians? she's full of herself. she has no right to write about Boba, no one does, but all the Boba Fett fans should. This goes for Mando'a too.

you sound like an angry old timer....

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Error 404 - File or Resource Not Found     
The file you have tried to access is not located on this server.

Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct and try again.

69 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:20 am)

Try this:

http://karentraviss.com/html/documents/mandoaoct08.xls

That's for the file download, you need a program that has Spreadsheet format, or use OpenOffice to run it.

Here's the link to  the page where I got that from:

http://karentraviss.com/html/newmando.htm

Hope that helps. wink

"This IS my signature."

karem traviss does rather hog the mando culture.maybe we can start talking in mando here?

SF is what life is all about.

I personally like sharing a language, however broken we may speak in it, with my clan brothers from the Mandalorian Mercs. It signifies a deeper bond, when you can quip words or phrases from a language special to you, that most other people don't know. The clone troopers must have felt similar. I used to be a language major, and love learning the why and how of any language, so I'm inhaling Mando'a every chance I get. It's a lot of fun to be able to share that with others.

Ogir'olar, nuhur par ni! big_smile

Me'vaar ti gar?

Mandalorians - very good at providing little deaths in large quantities.

thats really deep Moss it really touches my heart i feel really warm in side because of it

Great Mando page Sola'lor. I also put it in my bookmarks. I also recommend the karen traviss Mando guide.  From her website that was mentioned before. Really awesome

EEB- toor JAHT-nay toor ASH-ahd-KEE-ram-oor  - Today is a good day for someone else to die -

Kandossii vode.

Even through death you cannot be killed. If you are a true Mandalorian you will live on and be remembered forever. -Kom'rk Vhett

Where are some of you finding out your "Mando names?"

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."