Re: Mace killing Jango

Of course! What would any self-respecting justice-dealing person have done? It was war. Jango was Mando and he knew this. In fact, he would have done the same, I'm sure.

Let's switch the places for a moment. The Mandalorians serve the galaxy as guardians, and the Jedi are a dying race, desparate, willing to do anything to survive. This includes bounty hunting. Mace tries to kill Padme, then runs off to his little retreat on the Rim. Some Mando'ad goes to smite and retrieve, and fails.

Jango helps organize an assault on the enemy and, being the most able warrior, leads the charge. He sees Mace has a kid. Duh! He would feel bad, but how many orphans have the Mandalorians left in their wake over the course of history? He'd kill Mace, win the battle, and have no remorse. I suppose this would make Jango evil? If so, then the whole Mandalorian race is evil. People die in war. They leave loved ones behind. Orphans are created in war. This can't be changed. Jango knew this, and I'm certain Mace did. They're shaking hands somewhere in the Force and agreeing 'it had to be done. I would have done the same in your place.'

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Supposedly, decapitation was reserved for the most dangerous of enemies. Jango Fett was probably the most dangerous non Force user of the galaxy. He effortlessly killed Jedi Council (Master) Coleman Trebor, and if you count EU, he killed Komari Vosa with little problem either (I hardly lost any health bars when killing Komari Vosa in the "Bounty Hunter" game). Mace almost got immolated by Jango's flamethrower.

I doubt there was any way to capture him, either. If Mace had not killed him, what would the next move be? Flamethrower? Wrapping Mace up with the cord shot from the Mandalorian wrist armor? It took Luke a bit of time to get out of it when Boba Fett used it on him in ROTJ.

I'm not saying I liked what happened, heck, I think they killed off Jango and Qui Gon way too soon. However, I don't think Mace's move would call for immediate dark side point.

28 (edited by BFFC Manji Sunday, March 12, 2006 5:14 pm)

Has anyone ever seen Mace's expression after he kills Jango? My brother paused it one time and it looks like he's confused or something.... I don't know what it means, but it's worth a look.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Manji_Ninja wrote:

Has anyone ever seen Mace's expression after he kills Jango? My brother paused it one time and it looks like he's confused or something.... I don't know what it means, but it's worth a look.

I saw that look. He looks like he's consumed by hatred.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

i think that mace is in tune with the dark side. But jango new that boba would be an orphin that was the last part of boba's tarning to be a great bounty hunter the ablity to be on your own. and to deal with loss.

some blood lines were ment to end.

Miba wrote:
Manji_Ninja wrote:

I saw that look. He looks like he's consumed by hatred.

Ha, look of hatred, I beg to differ. Why dont you actually look closer and you WILL see pitty, possibly regret.

Quote of the Month.
My sister-"No way, Jose!"  Me-"Yeah way, Enrique!"

32 (edited by Miba Monday, March 13, 2006 11:02 pm)

Lando Fett wrote:

Ha, look of hatred, I beg to differ. Why dont you actually look closer and you WILL see pitty, possibly regret.

Yes, hatred. I've studied that look before.

But then, I guess some of it would depend on your POV. smile

He really didn't have any reason to hate Jango, did he? Why would he hate him more than a simple battle droid? I think that it was a look of focus and concentration. Though I may be thinking of a different scene...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

draco fett wrote:

Hear Yee, Hear Yee: If Windu did that to anyone else, we would not hate him. If he killed Jar Jar Binks, we would love him, and we would not call him a Sith. We are completely biased. Think about that, I know I will hmm .

Hillarious........i think you're right in some aspects......but i do think mace knew how dangerous jango really was.....i mean COMEON......he just about got cooked with their first meeting........i dont think id give him a second chance to deep fry me either.....so either way.....it is   yet is not justified...

MandalorianSpy9 big_smile

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

I still hate mace for that..

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

boba dude. keep with hate be come mace you will. time to accpt death you must.

some blood lines were ment to end.

bobathekid wrote:

boba dude. keep with hate be come mace you will. time to accpt death you must.

LOL!! your right.
Ok Yoda I will.

lol thats funny!!

-Boba Dude

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

but think about it. Jango was the only person boba loved, and they were together for 11 years. i would become attatched to someone i was with for my entire child life. and to witness that person that you cherish the most, that loves back the most, get brutally decapitated by someone from the jedi, who jango had already explained are their worst enemies, would probably cause boba to be hurt in a way that time nor any medical treatment known to man could heal...

fet132 wrote:

but think about it. Jango was the only person boba loved, and they were together for 11 years. i would become attatched to someone i was with for my entire child life. and to witness that person that you cherish the most, that loves back the most, get brutally decapitated by someone from the jedi, who jango had already explained are their worst enemies, would probably cause boba to be hurt in a way that time nor any medical treatment known to man could heal...

Truth spoken...nicely put!

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

Actually, Boba was still 10 when Jango was killed. But you're almost right, and it could techniaclly be counted as being 11, because he was only two or three months away from turning 11.

technicality....he was almost 11.... ok ok

{MW} MS9

Ah, quite possibly one of the best events in SW history.  Coulda been gorier though.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Gorier!?  I lose sleep every time I forget to close my eyes during that scene, and you want it gorier?  I like gore too, but not on someone wearing Mandalorian armor, and not in a PG-rated movie.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Yeah, I dont think SW is a horror/War/terror/killing/gore movie. lol

But.......................yeah, he coulda bled a lil. hmm

{MW} TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Lightsabers cautarize when striking most species. There are a few species that a lightsaber won't cautarize, such as the Aqualish. But most do.

I love gore in most movies, but in Star Wars it upsets me because it seems to go against the whole spirit of the film.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Yeah...the one thing about SW for me...is that it is such an awesome movie...and it doesn't have alot of gore. Normally, since im a normal guy, i like gory, bloody, fighting movies with lots of action. But SW does a fine job without it...in fact, it became my favorite group of movies...(p.s.  there are close following seconds)

{MW} MS9

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

Yeah...the one thing about SW for me...is that it is such an awesome movie...and it doesn't have alot of gore. Normally, since im a normal guy, i like gory, bloody, fighting movies with lots of action.                                                            {MW} MS9

I couldn't agree with you more, Spy. If SW had a lot of gore, than there wouldn't be the adoring lil padawan SW kids watching: SW doesn't become as popular.

{MW} TW cool

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

49 (edited by The Yautja Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:02 pm)

Well, III was PG-13 and pretty gory, and there's still fans.
And I know lightsabers cauterize, but maybe the acklay could have torn him in half or something . . .
And what is the spirit of the film?  It wasn't originally made for little kids.  I not saying it sould have been like Gladiator (awsome movie) or something, but I wish the notch was slightly higher.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Yeah, maybe they could've shown just a lil blood for the last movie. hmm

{MW] TW cool