Topic: Star Wars: The Clone Wars series

http://starwars.com/video/view/000478.html
just found this on the newly changed starwars.com

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars series

It looks awful!!!!!! I can't believe Lucasfilm is taking the blame for this monstrosity! I can't even tell who half these people are! I'm crying and weeping and sobbing over the death of SW!

I feel fully justified to give you all a great big: I TOLD YOU SO!

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

actually, i think it's kinda better than the original clone wars tv show.

Definately better than Clone Wars but still not my favourite.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

I like how the ARC Trooper has the Jaig Eyes on his helmet now.  Pretty sweet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaig_eyes

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

6 (edited by cujo Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:12 pm)

im stoked.
i like the stylized animation.
doubt there will be much fett. but im definitely anticipating it!

nice heads up dageen.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

"Fans will learn more about Boba Fett, General Grievous and other characters in the process, but other details of the show are being closely guarded by Lucasfilm."
Animation Magazine, May 29, 2007

"The panelists hinted that there would be more revelations about characters such as Boba Fett and Gen. Grievous but laughed and apologized for keeping mum on plot points. They cited the orders from "emperor" Lucas to keeps their lips sealed."
Los Angeles Times, May 29, 2007

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

i think its a new direction for starwars and the story should be more important thent he style..but i like the style n e ways so it works out for me

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Hey, everyone wants more more more more more more more till there isn't anything left at all and we're left sitting in ruins of a destroyed fandom.

Miba wrote:

Hey, everyone wants more more more more more more more till there isn't anything left at all and we're left sitting in ruins of a destroyed fandom.

that is an interesting statement, can you elaborate...
i think i see what ur saying but not certain.

I believe she is trying to say that if we keep keep asking for more from Star Wars, sooner or later it is going to run dry. You can't keep milking a franchise forever and expect results. If tey don't slow down with all of the animations and games and specials the Star Wars idea will slowly die as the shows get worse and worse. People will forget the old movies and only think "Omg Star Wars, I haven't thought of that since that awefule Clone Wars saga"
But I could be wrong on her meaning...

As for this new show... I agree with Miba. It looks terrible, except for a few saving graces. The jedi on the STAPs and the Magma guards (and most of the droids) looks cool.
But Yoda, Padme, Anikan, and a few others... just looked atrocious...

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Fetterthanyou wrote:

I believe she is trying to say that if we keep keep asking for more from Star Wars, sooner or later it is going to run dry. You can't keep milking a franchise forever and expect results. If tey don't slow down with all of the animations and games and specials the Star Wars idea will slowly die as the shows get worse and worse. People will forget the old movies and only think "Omg Star Wars, I haven't thought of that since that awefule Clone Wars saga"
But I could be wrong on her meaning...

You're right on my meaning. I also might add that it will also introduce newbs who are stupid and refuse to learn. I mean, someone who is introduced into SW through a tv show and then actually wants to learn facts and what's canon and be nice, that's ok. But when a newb comes in and has their facts entirely wrong and then refuses to learn what's right, and then they go and teach other newbs what's wrong, eventually there'll be no one left who does know the canon facts.

Sorry if I'm being confusing.

13 (edited by IG-88 Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:44 pm)

I think your absolutley right,creating loads of sequels and spinoffs of programs and films almost always fails.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

14 (edited by cujo Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:56 pm)

well my ranting about star wars continuity is well documented so i understand ur words about new fans not knowing their roots...

the thing that annoys me about another clonewars cartoon...is that there is an entire rich universe of characters that r ignored. as fans we know the clonewars and its outcome. why not venture to an era yet to be established?
dont get me wrong- i was PI$$ED when fett died, but not because he did, more because of the way he went out.
i mean seriously i was a kid and i still remember the visceral pain i felt when fett falls into the sarlacc. its like one of those moments in time...but i can appreciate new characters.
my point being why not skip to another generation of mando's, and bountyhunters, and villians...oh and heroes.

having said that while i dont understand why lucas would go back to the well for another round of clones, but
starwars is like pizza to me-even when its bad...its still pretty good. tongue

interesting post miba...nice.

Oooh I love the pizza analogy.  Unless of course there are anchovies on it.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

cujo wrote:

having said that while i dont understand why lucas would go back to the well for another round of clones, but
starwars is like pizza to me-even when its bad...its still pretty good. tongue

But it can't be stuffed crust, like when Traviss attempts to add emotions that were never displayed by a character.

For some reason, I cannot watch the video.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Same thing happened for me so I went to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8BHk-VP0CY

Thank you very much Sev. The animation is horrible.

19 (edited by cujo Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:56 pm)

no argument on me from on the stuffed crust example...
as stated on another thread i like the one-note fett character. so long as he is hunting and staying in character on the cartoon and not doing yoga, writing in his diary or something. they need to flesh out some of the other minor characters as well.
i hope the republic commandos make a cameo.
ventress looked pretty cool in the preview.
durge, a young jabba.
plo koon needs to show some skills.
and so on...

the animation has a specific style to it, no question but it is far from "horrible" IMO.
the animators are definitely going for a certain look, could be an acquired taste...
unlike stuffed crust!, which is delicious right away. tongue
(applause for going full circle with an analogy)

This series would would be one of the many "pizza crust poppers," one of the extra pieces of crust that come off of the main pizza. There probably a Jabba the Hutt-Pizza Hut joke that I cannot come up with.

Do we know who will be doing the voices?  Any returning people?

Miba wrote:

It looks awful!!!!!! I can't believe Lucasfilm is taking the blame for this monstrosity! I can't even tell who half these people are! I'm crying and weeping and sobbing over the death of SW!

I feel fully justified to give you all a great big: I TOLD YOU SO!

Miba I believe you're over-reacting now.Wait until it comes out and see it,and then say this.But eventually I don't think you will.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

23 (edited by Alo Fett Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:14 am)

ok.
Here is whats happening for all of you who are "wierded out".
There is a new genoration of SW fans, 8,10, and 12 year olds.
my little bro and all other boys his age (I am not kiding) love SW or should I say the Clone Wars.
I like the Clone Wars too but "it's nothing compard to the power of the old scool!"
*ahem* anyho We all hate to say it but we all know that lucas has ALWAYS been more about the money than anything else (like why the ewoks were in EP6 and not wookies) and selling out to the new fans is more money so yah lucas is going to do ao clone wars cgi film.
I think it still looks sweet and can't wait.
Also if you had to chose between "old scool" satar wars CGI and "geto" star wars CGI wich would you chose.(retorical coment not chenging topic).

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

I still don't think SW should be reduced to killing, meyhem, and destruction for the pleasure of bloodthirsty little boys.

I don't think it's an overreaction, but sure, I'll wait till it's out on tv then say "I told you so" again.

I insist you will say that it wasn't so bad after all...well we'l see. smile

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."