Topic: How old are you?

Any and all ages welcome, step right up and post an age, any age, as long as it's yours.

I'm 19.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: How old are you?

Tomarrow I'm 18! ^^

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Oh! Happy birthday! smile I liked being 18.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

I'm 17.  I'll be 18 in a few months.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

I'm a quarter of a century - 25 big_smile

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

14 neutral Sofar i'm the youngest.... wootness x3

Been ages since I've been here.
:] Whats up?

16 that age were you can do anything and blame it on your parents.

some blood lines were ment to end.

i am an old jedi, i am 32

May The Dark Side Be With You

I am twelve.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

20, not to long til 21

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

draco fett wrote:

I am twelve.

Are you aware that it is technically illegal to join an online community until you are 13 unless your parents sign and fax a form to the admin? Well, that is if you live in the United States anyway...

http://www.coppa.org/

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Kudar, the impression I'm getting is that the laws only apply if the boards are collecting private information, which they are not.  But this is the Admin's area of expertise, not mine.
Happy birthday Cecilia!
I'm 20.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:

Kudar, the impression I'm getting is that the laws only apply if the boards are collecting private information, which they are not.  But this is the Admin's area of expertise, not mine.

I always assumed it meant what your parents want private. For example, they might want his age to be private or something... Even if it wasn't like that though, I beleive the administrator aquires your IP address and email address when you register. With an IP address, someone can find out your exact location.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

I belong to a forum where you'll be banned if theres proof that you're under 13. But thats mostly because, ah, we always aren't family friendly.

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

I belong to a forum where you'll be banned if theres proof that you're under 13. But thats mostly because, ah, we always aren't family friendly.

It is probably because (as I said before) it is against US law. sad

I really should have come back to this topic quite some time ago.As for the IP and e-mail adresses, I do not actually have an e-mail adress. The one in my profile is my mother's. If any one from COPPA comes here, my name is 'Rusty Shacleferd'.

KudarMubat15 wrote:

With an IP address, someone can find out your exact location.

First and foremost, to clear up any confusion, the posted Rules clearly cover our stance on Privacy: "BFFC respects your privacy. BFFC will not sell your information to advertisers."

Second,  IP address records reveal your web provider, not necessarily you. They're recorded here for moderating accounts and throughout BFFC with features like the online poll, in conjunction with cookies to remember your preferences.

Third, with this web site and any others, use your best judgment.

As you can see in the news, even major web sites are prone to privacy issues, either in clumsy programming or aggressive hackers. If anyone is still worried, educate yourself. Just Google it or read this CNET.com article, for example, on privacy.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

So I am not in an trouble or anything?

Nah, Aaron's just telling you how it is wink

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

KudarMubat15 wrote:

Actually its because that particular forum boaderlines PG-13 and R, not to mention there is swearing, and links to art that might burn out a lil ones eyes. Thats why we don't allow people under 13 there (mostly).

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:
KudarMubat15 wrote:

Actually its because that particular forum boaderlines PG-13 and R, not to mention there is swearing, and links to art that might burn out a lil ones eyes. Thats why we don't allow people under 13 there (mostly).

Actually, no. It is not for a particular forum, but an entire forum service (Forum service meaning things like IPB, and phpBB, and punBB, but the particular one was InvisionFree...) which has rules against that kind of stuff. (That stuff being the innapropriate pictures and all that) One site I saw realised this one day and banned every member who was under 13 unless they abided by the COPPA terms.

And to respong to the administrator... Sorry, I did not recognize that they could not find your exact location. I had always heard it was like that. But even still, that doesn't stop the law.

"Websites that are collecting information from children under the age of thirteen are required to comply with Federal Trade Commission ( FTC ) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)."

But I beleive the rule does not only mean information the child wants private. I was reading through the COPPA page, and it says this:

"The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and Rule apply to individually identifiable information about a child that is collected online, such as full name, home address, email address, telephone number or any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact the child. The Act and Rule also cover other types of information -- for example, hobbies, interests and information collected through cookies or other types of tracking mechanisms -- when they are tied to individually identifiable information."

It also says this:

"The kinds of personal information collected from children (for example, name, address, email address, hobbies, etc.) and how the information is collected -- directly from the child or passively, say, through cookies."

((Oh yeah, and here is a more reliable link to the COPPA information...

If Draco's worried about it, he can always get parent permission.  This is a pretty family-friendly board, so I don't think he'll have problems.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:

If Draco's worried about it, he can always get parent permission.  This is a pretty family-friendly board, so I don't think he'll have problems.

If you just mean having my parent's okay to be on here, not, say, e-mailing the administrator, I have that.

This board is for all ages. If anyone has a problem with this topic about posting ages, I can delete it.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com