Re: the fetts

thank you for keeping the peace Mel.

The Yautja wrote:
Alo Fett wrote:

The Yautja wrote:
Because he had no tactical mindset, probably freaked out, (which would never happen to Boba) and got killed for it.  Case-in-point, Jango's an idiot.

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!  Listen here is why jango died: Lucas didn't want jango in EP3 and had to get rid of him and mace didn't do much yet in EP2 so Lucas had him kill jango.
Yes jango's jet pack wasn't working you can see (if you look close) that he trys to jet but it falters and his head gets knoct off.

THe real qustion should be "Why dosn't jango jest flame mace INSTED of shooting at him!"
Which I have an answer for too: same as above + he used it once in EP3 allredy and no one likes to see something cool twice in a movie (just watch a action film and you'll see what I mean).

Case-in-point, Jango's an idiot... STOP picking on JANGO!!!!!!!
As I've said he's not all that bad and w/out Jango THERE IS NO BOBA!
(I don't cair if lucas made boba first)
oh and Boba did die a even more pathetic death I mean it's gotta hurt to be killed by a blind smugler who was just your merchandice on accident.

don't get me wrong I like boba better than jango but jango's no "Idiot" Yautja.

*Sigh*  Okay, first of all, you can't use behind the scenes explanations as an excuse.  We are supposed to talk about it as if it was real, or there's no point to it at all.  If you want to though, fine.  We'll blame Lucas.  He never should have introduced Jango in the first place.  I was fine with not knowing Boba's backstory.  No, I was more than fine.  It made his character much better.  Seeing episode II, and seeing Boba as an annoying kid, and a clone, a freaking clone!  What the hell George!  Why!?!  Why do that to your fans, who have been nothing but loyal?  Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, all the kids that went to see it and hadn't witnessed Boba's coolness in the originals, thought Jango was the man.  'Oh, look at the cool guy with the armor!  He's so  cool! We love Jango!'  What about Boba?  'Boba? You mean that dumb kid?' 
  See where I'm going with this?   
Jango completely stole the spotlight from Boba.  Now there is not one Fett to rule the bounty trade, but two.  And one of them should definitely not be there.
I'll let you figure out who.

i agree with yautja. jango is no idiot. he taught boba everything he knows about bountyhunting. "we are supposed to talk about it as if it was real" where did you get that idea??

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met. - Rodney Dangerfield

Isaac_fett wrote:

i agree with yautja. jango is no idiot. he taught boba everything he knows about bountyhunting. "we are supposed to talk about it as if it was real" where did you get that idea??

The Yautja was the one calling Jango an idiot, not defending him. Boba picked up most of his bounty hunting abilities on his own. We talk about it as if it is real because only in-universe can show characters' abilities, or lack there of.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I would say that Jango did teach Boba everything he knew and then Boba went and made it his own just like everybody does when they are taught something. So basically i'm saying Yes Jango taught Boba everything he knew and then Boba went and learned more. So I would say that Boba is diffently better than Jango.

Yes I, agree.

31 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Friday, September 21, 2007 3:21 pm)

I dont think that jango taught Boba everything that boba knew. After all, boba was what six, when jango got decapitated.

I dont think jango had realy started to teach him anything. He was away all the time. There was a comic, called Jango Fett. ( i think, it was in a series of two, the other having Zam Wessel in the name) It showed boba at home playing with some toys, when Jango got home, he sat down and spent some time with him.

I think boba was a normal (normal being a sort of general term, as being the exact clone "son" of a infamus bounty hunter and living on a planet that seems to be in a perpetual storm cant realy be normal) kid, he played with his little toy starships. I dont think Jango knew he was going to die, I think he planed start Boba's training in a couple of years, when he was getting a little to old of his job.

So, in conclusion, I think Boba learned this from a message that jango might have recorded just in case. Or from the droid that was taking care of him, in the comic. Most of boba's skills are self learned I think. Though technically the same man as his "father" there would be some differences in thier comabat styles.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

What do you mean?

I mean i dont think jango taught boba very much and boba learned alot on his own jouney. By himself

why dose this allways happen??
It's a mix of both! Jango taught boba a lot and boba picked up alot on the way.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

jango died when boba was six, I dont deny that he taught him anything, I just say he didnt teach him alot.

36 (edited by Alo Fett Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:01 am)

I don't know about that, I mean Boba knew how to fly and when to fire. like on kamino when Obi is fighting Jango Boba knows what to do and how to do it.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Flying shooting, thats not much compared to all of his combat experience.

clearly he was wild'n out

oh yah. I thought that you guys where saying jango taught boba nothing! I think jango taught him mos tof the basics.  like you said he was 12 (not 6) when jango died and there for he only had about 6 years of training thats a good amount but not so much that he would know EVERYthing there is pluse i think boba would of made some new stuff just because he had some differn't places and events he had to go thrugh, like I'm sure jango didn't say "Ok Boba if a jedi with a purple saber cut's my head off here's what you do..." you see what i'm saying?

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

jango died when boba was six, I dont deny that he taught him anything, I just say he didnt teach him alot.

I thought he was ten.

Ok, twelve, not six, my bad.

I was not saying you were wrong!

I know, I just find it important to correct myself

I'm almost sure it was 12 I'll check

Okay.

ok. I looked at my starwars timeline and Boba is 10-12 depending on when triranus (spelling) made him the template. in ep3 Boba is 13-15 and by a new hope he's 32-34ish.

k, thanks.

Jango wanted Boba to be a bounty hunter, not a Madalore *cough traviss cough*, so maybe he wanted to teach Boba loss, and knew it was the only way Boba could be a true bounty hunter.

49 (edited by Thylacine Sunday, October 21, 2007 1:32 am)

Zeek_Fett wrote:

Jango wanted Boba to be a bounty hunter, not a Madalore *cough traviss cough*, so maybe he wanted to teach Boba loss, and knew it was the only way Boba could be a true bounty hunter.

So...Jango got himself killed to teach Boba about loss? From what I saw he got trampled, disorientated, and got his head chopped off before he could react.

Besides, it's not too farfetched for Boba to become Mandalore. Jango was Mandalore, so he became Mandalore too. Doesn't make him any less of a Bounty Hunter.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Thylacine wrote:

So...Jango got himself killed to teach Boba about loss? From what I saw he got trampled, disorientated, and got his head chopped off before he could react.

So.......in my words.....jango got PWND by a series of seemingly unrelated events......

I dont think jango would have killed himself just to teach boba a lesson about death/loss.....Thats what pets are for. smile