Re: Where have you met other Fett Fans?

I asked sergeant major (Our teacher/coach for ROTC) if i could stitch on a madolorian sign on our navy uniform, of course he said no, but then i asked if he watched any star wars, he said yes, i then asked him which movies/guys do you like? then he said, the clone soliders.  when i heard this, i thought he was gonna allow us to wear stromtrooper outfits and march and stuff with the outfits on , that'd be so motha f****** awsome.
Then what he said shocked me, he says "so hawk ( he gives everyone a nickname in ROTC) did you join because of the soliders in star wars? ( he is refering to the clone's when he says soliders)
And then i said, they influenced the decsision alot. he said starship troopers made him think about the military.
And then i told him if it was possible to clone me, and name the clone boba, then he said get out of here troy.

But then he told me,
if i got into the military, and there is a war, that i would be allowed to place symbols on our outfits and what not.

Nar!! nobody Bats knows ..I did have a T-shirt on but the People hare a bit in a Time Warp    they made comments like
''Can't you like anything that is Australian''..
Nope !!!  the only Fans I know are on this Board,sad state of affairs isn't it,,nobody here really thinks of the Future always talking in the Past
which I'm not knocking I had a Ball but it did have it's good times and bad..
Memories
The music ,Jiving   seeing Rock and Roll make it's impact on the Youth as Bats was a Widggie,Films coming onto Science Fiction making a mark ,,and how TV changed the Aussie ways.
       Bats

Some of my teachers at school noticed who Boba Fett was...........and it was kinda creepy that only THEY knew. hmm

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Nowhere I'm the only Boba fan I know of. sad   Well besides J(best friend) 'cause she likes Jango but I had to drag her into Star Wars kick'n and screaming the whole way but now she loves it. smile She's even considering joining BFFC. big_smile But I'm the only Boba lover I know. I saw a guy dressed as B. and was like Ah Ah look it's Boba Fett!! And my Nana was like WHO? and I had only been telling her about him for three straight HOURS mad

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

nobody

SF is what life is all about.

Stone Mando wrote:

nobody

That's horrible sad your gonna make me cry!

-Boba Fett-

ee-3 wrote:
Stone Mando wrote:

nobody

Well thats virtually my answer too, so i don't think its that sad. Well no more sad than me. I only wish i could meet some people in real life that enjoy, not just Boba, but Star Wars as much as I do.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

i have a green boba fett shirt and everytime i wear it, at least one person comments....positively smile
its quite the conversation starter.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

One of me best mates is a big Fett fan (he's the one who labeled me a Mando-lover). Also, Fett is my brother's favourite SW character. I don't really know anyone else who likes Fett a lot.

Mandalorians - very good at providing little deaths in large quantities.

Si Titran wrote:
ee-3 wrote:
Stone Mando wrote:

nobody

Well thats virtually my answer too, so i don't think its that sad. Well no more sad than me. I only wish i could meet some people in real life that enjoy, not just Boba, but Star Wars as much as I do.

What? gosh.... I haven't met any SW fans outside my family but at least I have them...

-Boba Fett-

my friend joe is a fett fan as well and he lives right up the street

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - Family is more than bloodline

I know at least one, two, three, possibly four others, one of which is a member here.  Most of 'em are prety close in location to me.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

School [when I was in it]..... also, friends over the years... online: MySpace, StarWars@ning and Last.FM

"No lower life-form is worth going hungry for." ―Boba Fett to Luke Skywalker

Sounds like you've met a LOT of Fett fans!!

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

My Fettish has rubbed off on the little 6 year old boy I babysit. He loves using Boba in the Mos Eisley level in SW: Battlefront Il, haha, but he puts the funniest emphasis on the name Boba... he says it really quickly so that it almost sounds like "Bobo" heheh.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Anytime I wear a Fett shirt I usually hear something from someone, but not every time.

I tend to not converse with strangers much though, which almost defeats the purpose of being here hmm

"To be a Gringo in Mexico, ah, that is euthanasia."

Well here is a GREAT place for someone who tends not to converse with strangers because you get to maintain your anonymity.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Yeah, I talk way more OL than I ever do in RL. I say more things, and I say them better. In RL my speech is terrible and people have trouble understanding what I'm saying, and I have trouble saying what I want or mean to say. It's just easier OL. I can take my time and figure out what to say, if I say something wrong I can go back and fix it. And, yes, the anonymity of it is really nice, I can say my opinion without worry that anyone would hate me. I mean, I do care what you guys think, just, it's easier to be yourself when it's not in person.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

It seems to me a lot of people misinterpret people online...But then they do it in real life too, so, lol.

I met one on Facebook the other day. I didn't know them, but they said they were searching for a friend and saw my profile picture(Boba, of course). They might join here too.

About a year ago, when I was in the Civil Air Patrol, a cadet came from the Illinois Wing to visit his cousin, in our squadron. During a model rocket building class, I handed him a piece of styrofoam, and noticed he had the skull tattooed on his forearm. Later I told him I like his mythosaur, and he told me he was a Merc. Pretty cool.

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.

Miba wrote:

Yeah, I talk way more OL than I ever do in RL. I say more things, and I say them better. In RL my speech is terrible and people have trouble understanding what I'm saying, and I have trouble saying what I want or mean to say. It's just easier OL. I can take my time and figure out what to say, if I say something wrong I can go back and fix it. And, yes, the anonymity of it is really nice, I can say my opinion without worry that anyone would hate me. I mean, I do care what you guys think, just, it's easier to be yourself when it's not in person.

Whereas I'm pretty much the same person online and off.  I try to keep the smoke and mirrors to a minimum.... saves time and effort.  I am who I am, and people will react to me as me; not some make-believe facade.

Some people go so far as to pretend they're the opposite GENDER and even cyber people for real life gifts *shudders*.  There's RP and then there's... Cree-P.

Author of the Dog and Spider Private Investigations series NOT for kids!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B01MZZGJTJ/

The problem with me is I'm just very, very shy, regardless if I'm directly talking to someone or sitting at a computer. I do, however, read nearly every post, even if I don't always respond to them.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

This may sound a bit wierd but, SOS Haruhi, remember him, the biggest spammer in this site's history. I know him personally and he is a Fett fan.

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

I've met maybe 10-12 people who visit the site, out of the thousands who come here every day. One small group of us went to a San Diego Comic Con together.

Check out our Facebook for, uh, faces and cities of people. Good luck guessing usernames to real names, though:
http://facebook.com/bobafettfanclub

I tend to say something to anyone I pass up who's sporting Boba Fett wear.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

49 (edited by tachyonblade Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:39 am)

Eurycea wrote:

Anytime I wear a Fett shirt I usually hear something from someone, but not every time.

I tend to not converse with strangers much though, which almost defeats the purpose of being here hmm

Now see, that kind of thinking is exactly opposite of how I see what we do here.
I mean, if I had people around me to talk to about BF then I wouldn't participate near as much as I do. I am here because I don't have folks to chat with about my interest in SW and BF. 

Being part of this community gives people, like me, an opportunity to connect to others who share my interest. It brings together, otherwise perfect strangers, in a forum where they can share and communicate in a "safety zone" I don't want to get too pseudo-psychological but as we talked about in another thread the BFFC is a lot like a subculture. So being a member in my opinion says more about your interest in SW/BF than about how social you are. smile

Anyway, I met a guy in Hong Kong, on a streetcar heading toward Wan Chai, a district in HK,
who had an awesome tat on his calf of Boba Fett. I had to comment on it and he turned out to be from the same general area of the planet I am, OC, California. Small world huh? I have, However,  never met anyone in Japan who is a fan! sad

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

Yeah, but you met Jeremy once! lol

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.