Re: Scientists

yeah, and I beleive in it(somewhat anyway)

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

Lord Revan wrote:

You still don't get it. Evolution was a theory. Nothing more.

Yeah, and it clearly states evolution takes thousands, if not millions, of years. Besides, how do you know "God" exists? No one's ever seen him or anything.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

do you have to see him to beleive him, I beleive he's real and besides talking about religious beleifs may offend some1

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

fett3393 wrote:

do you have to see him to beleive him, I beleive he's real and besides talking about religious beleifs may offend some1

I've been offended plenty of times. Don't worry, they'll live. I'm not saying I want to offend someone, but really, no one should be offended. Everyone believes what they want to believe.

I know I just don't want to even ofend some1 in the place.

31 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:54 pm)

I doubt you will offend anyone. It's me you have to look out for.

"This IS my signature."

Lord Revan wrote:

I doubt you will offend anyone. It's me you have to look out for.

Lol. I am not easily offended.

Uh-oh.. we've descended into the creation/evolution battle. Can't tell you how many times I got my butt toasted on other forums for the same thing.

34 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, February 1, 2007 9:19 pm)

I pray that you are on my side SD, but it seems we have strayed off topic.

"This IS my signature."

Lord Revan wrote:

I pray that you are on my side SD, but it seems we have strayed off topic.

Well it does have something to do with science.
Yes, I'm a Creationist. big_smile

The idea of a blaster is posible i beleive. It shoots beams, and the military just developed a beem gun that when the beem is on some one it makes them feel like they're on fire. some may say thats a lie but it was on the fox news network. and as for the bermuda triangle i beleive its just a portal to other planets or somthing, like come on we cant be the only things in the univurse.

I see now that you guys are talking about creationism and evolution, I dont see why only one theory has to be right I think that god created absolutly everything INCLUDING EVOLUTION, why not? evolutions not a bad thing and neither is creationism. I talked to really religious people about creationism being mixed with evolution they get so mad about it I really dont see why. But the whole adam and eve world created in 7 days thing thats all BULL CRAP if it were true we are all sinners cause we're all related and I do beleive that would be massive incest  (I dont know if im aloud to say that on this site so if im not, sorry)

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

*I must not get into this discussion*
I must not...
I must not...
I must not...

38 (edited by wizardofcars Friday, February 2, 2007 6:45 am)

Lord Revan wrote:

Actually, Everything did just apear. God spoke the earth, and everything in it, into existance. He is God, He can do anything. You know it would do you some good to read the Bible.

When you read it you find that there are actually three creation stories two in Genesis and one in John.  You have to remember that the people who wrote the Bible thought that the Earth was flat that the sun revolved around the Earth, science was the last thing on their minds. If H.G. Wells was correct and man was able to build a time machine, if you went back in time with something as simple as a cigarette lighter the power to make fire with the snap of a finger would elevate you to god status. Man is still evolving as is everything else it just takes a long time. The average Roman soldier was 4'11" the average European during the renaissance was 5'3" and now the average European is what 5'8 to 5'11".  Many factors contribute to these changes Diet, Climate, life expectancy, etc. Do not take what I have said as God does not exist, he does.  Just remember that nothing is cut and dry or that simple.

Jesse Fett wrote:

if it were true we are all sinners cause we're all related and I do beleive that would be massive incest  (I dont know if im aloud to say that on this site so if im not, sorry)

Incest was not a sin until the time of Moses, for good reason...it would be a little difficult to propogate the planet otherwise.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

wizardofcars wrote:

When you read it you find that there are actually three creation stories two in Genesis and one in John.  You have to remember that the people who wrote the Bible thought that the Earth was flat that the sun revolved around the Earth, science was the last thing on their minds. If H.G. Wells was correct and man was able to build a time machine, if you went back in time with something as simple as a cigarette lighter the power to make fire with the snap of a finger would elevate you to god status. Man is still evolving as is everything else it just takes a long time. The average Roman soldier was 4'11" the average European during the renaissance was 5'3" and now the average European is what 5'8 to 5'11".  Many factors contribute to these changes Diet, Climate, life expectancy, etc. Do not take what I have said as God does not exist, he does.  Just remember that nothing is cut and dry or that simple.

Time travel is the ultimate paradox.  So let's say you go back in time and change the name that your parents gave you.  So you've changed it and hold on a second, wouldn't that mean in the future you wouldn't even had reason to go back in time and change your name.  So where do you go from here.  And I am a creationist but I do believe in evolution within a species.  But evolution which changes into a complete new species is not possible.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/species.htm
Please look at the above site with an open mind. Also if everything were created a certain way why would whales have pelvic bones if they never walked on land?  When you read Time Machine it delves deeper into the further evolution of man where the two branches of Morlocks that live underground and the Eloi who live above ground.  With creation you close the door on the idea that their is life on other planets.

No you do not. I believe that God created the entire universe, and He gave orginisms to some of them.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Sev Fett wrote:
wizardofcars wrote:

Time travel is the ultimate paradox.  So let's say you go back in time and change the name that your parents gave you.  So you've changed it and hold on a second, wouldn't that mean in the future you wouldn't even had reason to go back in time and change your name.  So where do you go from here.  And I am a creationist but I do believe in evolution within a species.  But evolution which changes into a complete new species is not possible.

Make it sound like its cat to a dog. No an organism couldnt change into a different species it evolves, it would be the same species, but with better qualities, the ability to learn, build, and survive better which is probably what happend to us. people say that evolution is impossible and its just the devil  so we're all going to hell if we beleive it. Evolution has basicly been proven. Bird depending on where they are, their beeks can change to different sizes, well the birds chicks beeks change. I dont remember to much how it went I learned it in science last year but i hate science class so i didnt pay too much attention. As for the dinosaurs? religious people claim satan put the bones in the ground to confuse them, WTH??

Ah, yes time travel, theoretically it is possible , not backwards though. You see if you can make a contained black hole then it will propel you through space and time. Also, different dimmensions exist as well. If any of you have a copy of Micheal Chriton's Timeline there are diagrams and explanations for different dimmensions in it.

Jesse Fett wrote:

Make it sound like its cat to a dog. No an organism couldnt change into a different species it evolves, it would be the same species, but with better qualities, the ability to learn, build, and survive better which is probably what happend to us. people say that evolution is impossible and its just the devil  so we're all going to hell if we beleive it. Evolution has basicly been proven. Bird depending on where they are, their beeks can change to different sizes, well the birds chicks beeks change. I dont remember to much how it went I learned it in science last year but i hate science class so i didnt pay too much attention. As for the dinosaurs? religious people claim satan put the bones in the ground to confuse them, WTH??

lol.  That's as unscientific as it gets...I've never heard that one before, and I'm a Christian.  ^_^  I competely agree with you on that last point...
Microevolution has been proven, an pretty much all creationists agree on that as well.  But the changing beak sizes do not demonstrate macroevolution (the evolution into different species), as the birds remain the species they started as, their beaks only change to adapt to the environment, and once the environment reverts to it's old state, the birds compensate as well. 

Curious as to any evolutionists position on Irreducible Complexity?  ^_^  That's a fun one...go ahead and give it a shot.

-Captian Murphy

46 (edited by draco fett Friday, February 2, 2007 5:36 pm)

I have a copy of Commander X's "Time Travel" book, annd it explains basicly the same thing.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

fett3393 wrote:

Ah, yes time travel, theoretically it is possible , not backwards though. You see if you can make a contained black hole then it will propel you through space and time. Also, different dimmensions exist as well. If any of you have a copy of Micheal Chriton's Timeline there are diagrams and explanations for different dimmensions in it.

They haven't proven different dimensions, that's based on string theory which is yet to be (if it even can be) validated. Chricton just writes as if it were a given, in order for his "time machine" to function. 
And please...don't take everything Chricton says as fact.  He's a suspense author, and whatever "research" he does is only to propel his story. 

But I agree that forward time travel is possible, according to Einsteins theory of relativity....we simply haven't advanced enough to put it realistically into action.

-Captian Murphy

no I'm not saying all of the mixed "facts" in there I'm saying the actually stuff I was just using it as an example.

I can't believe that they are teaching Evolution in public Science classes.  Science as stated in my handy-dandy merriam-webster dictionary, is a knowledge or system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method.  In order to determine what is science we must have a consensus.  And there defiantly not a consensus on evolution.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

What is so threatening about evolution? so what if we came from monkeys, that doesnt meen that there is no god. The beleif that we're the result of creationism and evolution togethor is more common now.