Re: Old Republic RPG

Kwerve continued fighting tthe Mandalorian warriors that had boarded the Supernova. While fighting them off,  he noticed that the ship had stopped moving. Bidlo ran to the entrance to the command bridge. He smelled smoke, and the metal door felt hot. Kwerve knew that the Mandalorians had hit the command bridge and killed the pilots and their crew.
"Damn those Mandalorian bastards!" Bidlo shouted, "they took out the pilot!"
His fellow Republic soldiers groaned because they all knew that they couldn't escape. Bidlo hoped that Revan was all right. The Jedi was their only hope.....

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

52 (edited by Lord Revan Saturday, January 27, 2007 4:25 pm)

Huh?! When did the Mandalorians start to attack a ship? Oh well. I'll just change my last post.

"This IS my signature."

"As I said," she explained, "we'll take care of you, and the other survivors. There's a job for everyone- tending to the wounded, scouting, even just carrying supplies and ammo. You're a part of the Mandalorian war machine now... maybe even one day a Mando'ad yourself."

She paused. "What's your name, Jetti?"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Lord Revan wrote:

Huh?! When did the Mandalorians start to attack a ship? Oh well. I'll just change my last post.

If you had read my 200th post, you would know. I even said (Yeah! This is my 200th post!) or something like that on top of it.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

55 (edited by Lord Revan Saturday, January 27, 2007 5:00 pm)

It's okay, re-read my last post about HK on page 2. I fixed it to fit the storyline better.

"This IS my signature."

Territ listen to the convosation, his mind bounced all over but it kept going back to were that jedi easily disposed of his last tank. "What's your name, Jetti?" Shion asked.

The jedi looked back."Xondra Faux"

Cover ears! Big Boom Boom coming.-Tek

"Xondra," she repeated, then nodded. "A good name... strong name." She smiled, remembering how she had been introduced to her people much the same way. She was a stubborn brat of a girl, but she liked that. And she wasn't stupid, which meant she'd come around eventually. She darted up behind Mandalore and gave him a light bump on the back of the helmet. "Mand'alore," she said, grinning brightly, "can keep an eye on the Jetti? I need to go bug a certain tank driver."

Mandalore responded by giving her a would-have-been menacing punch to the gut were it not for her armor, and they both knew it. He rarely took off his helmet these days, of course. But she knew under it he was smirking too. "Yeah, yeah..." he grumbled. Had Shion not known him before he was Mandalore, she might have worried. But she didn't. Instead she stopped to talk to Xondra again.

"That's Mandalore, our leader," she said. "He is the strongest of all our warriors. He's watching you now." With that, she narrowly avoided the small slit of a window in Territ's tank, jumped on the hatch, and banged loudly. "Hey, guess who!" she shouted to him.

"Ack!" Territ looked up. "You know that's really loud in here, Shion!" Territ opened the hatch. "What is it?"

"Nothing, really," she said, making herself comfortable on the top of the tank. "Mandalore's watching the Jetti child, and it looks like a boring march to... well, wherever."

She paused for a moment, reading Territ's expression flawlessly. Something was clearly bothering him. "What do you think of these Jettise?" she asked.

60 (edited by Villimar Sunday, January 28, 2007 10:52 am)

"I think there devils, one was able to destroy my last tank in mere seconds." Territ looked at Faux. "It's like nothing weve ever faught before." Territ sighs and looks up at Shion."You okay?"

61 (edited by MandoGirl Sunday, January 28, 2007 10:56 am)

His question surprised her, as did the concern that came with it. "I'm... fine," she said, which was only half a lie. She gently pushed Territ aside and jumped into the seat next to his, allowing him to drive the tank and talk at the same time. "You know, their leader wasn't here. The Republics think she's a match for Mandalore himself. About time we found a foe worth fighting, huh?"

"Ya I guess" Territ said. Territ looked at her "You didnt sound fine" Territ said.  Territ stoped the tank when Maladore ordered a halt. Shortly after the army was moving again but everyone was on gaurd.

Tension thick in the air, Shion's grip tightened on her rifle. "I wasn't born to Mandalorian parents," she said quietly. "I just see a lot of myself in that kid, that's all." Shion looked down to her armor, suddenly fascinated by the various scars it bore... or so it seemed. In reality she was thinking back to her violent initiation into the Mandalorian clans, a story that no one but Mandalore new. Not even Territ, whom she had known for years now, had never heard it. Shion knew that her people were people of war... but it had been brutal even by their standards.

Territ smiled at Shion. "I dont see a problem with that, your one of the best fighters we have in this army" Territ said. He ran a hand down his grey Mandalorian skin. "Were all Mandalorians if not by blood then by spirit." Territ said.

((I thought the Taung were gray, not the Mandalorians? Most of which are human by this point, if memory serves))

((Taung and Mandalorians are the same species))

((Taung were the original Mandalorians. They named the planet after their great leader, etc. And I've seen a picture of a Taung, both in and out of armor- you can't mistake them for human. But Canderous, Bendak, Kex, Zuka, Davrel... human. The Taung took up calling themselves 'Mandalorians' after Mandalore. But somehow they died out and what remained were the humans who had swarmed to their cause. They bred and survival of the fittest determined the genetic makeup of the Mandalorians as we know them... I think...? Oh wow, I'm so confused now..... oh well, on with the RP. I'll do some more homework on it.))

"You don't get it," she said dully, then shook her head. Territ was Mandalorian by blood, the blood of many, many generations. Even his skin bore a dull tinge to it, a sign of how old his bloodline really was. She couldn't expect him to understand what it was like to see herself marching beside Mandalore. Sure, the girl was a Jetti, but even so...

Worse yet, she realized, if she showed a weakness she could be exiled. And she would sooner die than leave her clan and people behind. "Nevermind," she said.

Territ sighed "Allright. I just dont wanna see you get hurt" Territ continued driving the tank. "So what do you think of the jedi?" Territ asked.

"An enemy worth fighting," she said grimly. "Perhaps too much so. That one welded your tank shut on you without even meaning to- they're dangerous. And this Revan sounds too much like Exar Kun for comfort. I think Mandalore intends to swat these fllies quickly, before they get out of hand."

She thought on his words a moment, and considered thanking him for his concern. On the other hand, she felt very irritated that Territ thought she needed to be taken care of.

"It's good to know you've got my back," she said after a long pause. "You know I've always got yours, right?"

Territ smiled at Shion. "I know you do" Right after he said those words republic laser fire started hitting the mandalorians. Territ quickly closed his tank hatch. "Sorry gonna have to stay in here with me, operate one of the gun turrets see if you can find any." Territ soon blasted the twin heavy lasers on his tank and some fire and there was a large explosion.

Faux had been lost in thought, still stunned by what the Mandalorian had told her.

"We'll take care of you, and the other survivors. There's a job for everyone- tending to the wounded, scouting, even just carrying supplies and ammo. You're a part of the Mandalorian war machine now... maybe even one day a Mando'ad yourself."

The short haired red-head felt at the place where she had cut off her own padawan braid, her wide eyes staring off at nothing.

How...How...

Even the Jedi...would never...could never...be expected too... Since when were the Mandalorians more forgiving than the Jedi???

Then the blasterfire started, and all of Faux's thoughts stopped and she lost herself instantly inside the force. The padawan dived at Mandalore's legs and tackled him in front of the moving tank, not realizing she had knocked him out of the line of a sniper shot.

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

Territ quickly stoped the tank before he crushed Maladore. His auto-turret immdeditaly aimed at the jedi girl, after one last blast from his cannons the shooting stopped. Manadlorian scouts went up and captured any survivors, there was one. Maladore got up and laughed at the jedi girl then give her a hard slap across the face.

Shion hadn't minded being in a box with Territ... until the box had prevented her from taking a shot at who or whatever was attacking them. She suddenly felt more like she was in a cage- Shion's favorite place to be was on the battlefield with nothing between her and the enemy but her armor. Her joy in life was hand-to-hand combat. This...

Stifling her own problems with being in the tank, she quickly jumped onto a turret and began blasting away at the Jedi as soon as the other Mandalorians and the prisoners were clear. After all... no matter what her problems with the tank, she had Territ's back. She just wished it hadn't come to this.

Faux spun half-around from the force of the hit, and stumbled lightheadedly over the uneven ground. She checked her lip for blood with a filthy sleeve, then yelled spitefully, "Since when does Mandalore hit like a girl?"

The padawan nearly fell over she was so stunned from the blow, but that didn't cause her to lose any of the fire in her eyes. She held out her hand and a fallen blaster rifle was instantly summoned to her firm grip, and leveled at the Mandalorian leader.

The loud noise of a tank turret powered and ready to fire quickly broke her concentration. She froze.

Mandalore held his gauntleted hands out, "Well?"

The look on her face full of overwhelming conflict, every fevered emotion inside her eating at her confused core, but she didn't lower the weapon. She could fire. She could kill Mandalore...maybe.  Either way, the tank was going to end her life in a mess of blood, flesh, and splintered bone.

A voice echoed inside her skull. Are you willing to die for the cause? Are you willing to give up your life for others?

Every part of her screamed to pull the trigger, but she couldn't move. Above all, she hated the fearful indecision that held her fast.

"Go ahead and kill me." She threw the blaster down at Mandalore's feet, and stared at him with fevered determination.

Mandalore simply leaned over and picked up the weapon. After a brief examination he started laughing.

"No ammo." He explained.

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

Territ opened the hatch shortly after the battle. "Sorry bout trapping you in here gotta close hatch right away dont want any grenades or blaster bolts bounceing in." Territ said apologeticly to Shion.