Re: Imperial Conquest

I’ll live.” Fenn smiled at Alo, then closed one eye as he carefully took off his broken lenses. He scrutinized the object with apparent frustration, and explained with clear frustration, “These things aren’t exactly easy to come by.”

The Sith hid the lenses somewhere in the folds of his heavy black cloak. He could  fix it with his limited skill in Sith Alchemy, but that involved a lot of blood, time, and energy.

“Here,” Fenn held up his black-gloved hand to the hired mercenary, “Help me up.”

When Alo pulled him up, he  gave a sharp cry and quickly grabbed his shoulder as he stumbled to his feet. He gave a sharp intake of breath between clenched teeth against the searing pain that shot through him. Fenn took hold of the black sleeve and ripped it halfway off at the seam, exposing his muscle toned shoulder and the thick sore  of black scorched flesh where he had been shot earlier.

He rolled his yellow eyes slightly upward and shook his head.

Methodically he reached into the pouches hanging from his gun belt and pulled out a bacta patch, and stuck it on over the open wound with a slight grimace as he started walking back towards the complex, “Well, Lady Veera, what do you think of the job so far?”

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

i think we can keep this one going though, weve come too far lol

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

178 (edited by Vassili Fett Sunday, February 11, 2007 12:35 pm)

(OOC: Well you could kinda say my character is sort of a smuggler, with all the weapons and all. but when i created him i was just going for heavily armed merc.)

"Lets just say it could've been much worse." Uriel replied approaching the hanger bay he was supposed to meet Mattias at. "I was almost killed 3 times by the same Jawa."
"That sounds pretty ridiculus." Devon replied almost laughing.
"Tell me about it." Uriel replied peeking cautiously through the door. "I've gotta meet our ol' pal Mattias for a bit. I'll Com you if I get into some deep, well you know."
Uriel stepped inside the hanger. "Okay, Mattias!" he shouted, his voice echoing off the walls. "Where you at?"

(oh and Revan, I checked out those avatars, pretty sweet thanks)

Mattias climbed down the ladder to meet Uriel.
"So that's the infamous rifle, Dang. It's Huge.....Anyway what'd you need me for?" Uriel asked.
"Oh....Nothing....Just a buisness proposition from Darth Vader, is all." Mattias replied. 
"Wha?" Uriel was flabbergasted.
"That's right, you heard me. Darth Vader is offering a five-hundred million credit job. Between the two of us, that's 250,000,000 credits for each of us."
"Wha?" Uriel was stiil very confused.

"This IS my signature."

Lord Revan wrote:

Ya. Please be one of those if anyone else joins. You can also be a Jawa, Tusken, ect.

((A Tusken? If I didn't all ready have a character, I'd take up that offer.))

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Uriel was slightly suspicious, Jobs from Vader himself werent too common. And what did he need his help for? Granted he had enough weapons in his ship to arm a small army, but he was an ex rebel after all.
"250,000,000 large huh?" Uriel said reaching for a nic stik only to find the pack was empty. He discarded it on the ground. "Damnit Mattias you know I can't turn down that kind of cash, what's the job?"

"His flagship intercepted a transmission from a Rebel base on Mos Eisley to a captured Rebel Corvette. There are several high-ranking Rebel officers in the base that have vital information concerning a new incomplete space station the Empire is building. If they storm the base, the Rebels will destroy the evidence. The Empire needs somone to get that info in any means necessary, but it must be complete. That's where you come in. They will also remove the bounty on your head, and pay all expenses so you can open that museum you mentioned in the asteroid field.....Remember?" Mattias grinned.

"This IS my signature."

Uriel bit his lip in thought. "Fine I'm in." He said to Mattias. "Now where do you come in in all of this? One more thing, my memory seems to fail me right now about that museum."

Devon was wondering what Uriel was doing. He took up his comlink and tried to contact Uriel "Damn comlink, work!" He thought. He only heard static. "Damn, what's wrong?" He thought and threw the comlink to the ground and almost stepped on it.
Suddenly he heard an imperial transmission. "Watch out! Incoming!" An imperial field officer said.
Devon stayed quiet but picked up the comlink. He could hear screams and blaster shots, could it be his rebel friends?
He heard an explosion and suddenly, he lost the signal and couldn't find it again.
"Damn, I hate this thing." Devon thought again. He tried to contact his rebel friends, but it didn't work. "They must've destroyed their comlink." He thought. "Or maybe only turned it off."
Devon contacted Uriel instead, this time it worked. "I hope you're having a good time, Uriel." He said. "What's going on over there that's so blasted important?"

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

185 (edited by Commander Appo Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:52 am)

Is it too late to join this RPG? If not:
Name: Rashtah
Species: Wookiee
Alliance: Mercenary that is currently working for the Empire
Weapons: Modified Wookiee bowcaster, a Wookiee Warblade, a grenade launcher, and spike-tipped gauntlets (Wookiee size)
Allies: Mattias Felth (they had worked together many times before), and his credits
History: Rashtah is a battle-hardened wookiee merc who takes great pleasure in killing Trandoshans. He is very tall even for a Wookiee, and he has silver tipped fur (pelt would be worth a fortune) and he has a scar across his right eye. He is an excellent hacker because he has very high computer use and security skills.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rashtah was tracking Mattias Felth down to tell him that Vader was offering a 500,000,000 credit job. This was their chance to get VERY wealthy VERY fast. When Rashtah finally reaches Mattias, he notices another person talking to him. Rashtah spoke to Mattias in the Wookiee language (Mattias already knows how to speak it) because he didn't trust the stranger. Mattias informed the Wookiee that Uriel and him were already taking on that job, but that Rashtah could help them if he wanted to.
"But if we split it between only ourselves, we shall be more wealthy than if we have to split it with him!" Rashtah exclaimed, pointing at Uriel.
"Would you rather split the reward into thirds, or get none at all?" Mattias asked. Rashtah reluctantly agreed, and the newly formed trio discussed their plans.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Uriel was talking over the more complex parts of their new found job, when suddenly the door burst open and the huge form of a wookie stepped inside the hanger.
Uriel drew his blaster at the wookie. Knowing in the back of his head that all it would do is **** it off.
"Bad idea Uriel." Mattias said. "We both know that thing is no good against a wookie, besides This is Rashta, I've worked with him before.
Uriel lowered his blaster. "If you say so Mattias." he replied. "But if he tries anything, I got something that will even put a wookie down."
Uriel opened his jacket and revealed a powerful Kaminoan dartcaster.
"Where do you get this stuff?" Mattias asked slightly suprised.
The wookie began talking to Mattias in his native tongue. Uriel waited impatiently while they talked. When they were finnaly done, Mattias turned to him.
"Rashtah is going to be working with us." he said simply.
"What?!" Uriel said getting angry. If you're expecting me to share that money with a wookie, you're wrong."
The wookie howled angrily.
"Alright fine!" Uriel said turning to the wookie and prodding his massive chest. "But you better not screw it up!"
Uriel turned away as his com chirped. It was Devon.
"I hope you're having a good time, Uriel." He said. "What's going on over there that's so blasted important?"
"Calm down kid." Uriel replied searching his pockets for a fresh pack of nic stiks. "Just having a little chat with Mattias." The wookie howled again. "Oh yeah, and a wookie. Just hang tight, I'll be there in ten minutes."
Uriel turned to Mattias. "I gotta go, I'm pretty sure Devon will lead me right to the rebels. Just don't try anything until I tell you, we don't want this screwed up, especially with Vader as an employer."

"As you wish." Mattias replied.

(Dang it Appo! Couldn't You have been a Trandoshan?! Oh well. I guess you like Wookiees.)

"This IS my signature."

(Hey revan, please enlighten me about this whole museum thing. lol)

Yurt walked threw town, well accutaly rode. He was in what was like a baby's carrier on the back of a Gamorean. <Comon Pigsnout hurry up, we lost in tis town!>

The Gamorean only snorted and walked a differnt direction.

Cover ears! Big Boom Boom coming.-Tek

190 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:01 am)

(Ya, well it was kinda a spur of the moment thing. I was thinking he maybe could have a weapons museum somewhere.)

"This IS my signature."

(thats where i thought you were goin with that lol)

Devon waited a short while and then contacted Uriel with his comlink. "Are you out yet?" He asked.
"Yeah, I am." Uriel responded quickly. "What did you want to say?"
"My comlink malfunctioned and picked up a weird signal, it sounded like a battle."
"Your friends?" Uriel asked. "Do you know anything about where they fought?"
"How would I know that?" Devon asked and smiled. "I think imps were involved in the fighting, though. I heard a typical stormtrooper number being yelled."
"But you don't know who they fought?"
"No, as I said, I only know there were imps in the battle because I heard someone yell something at a TK-369... And by the way, my rebel friends have turned off their comlinks."

(Ya)

"This IS my signature."

Uriel hopped back into the speeder. "That's odd." he said as Devon explained what he heard over the Com. "Too bad I don't have my ship, we could've used it to monitor the Imperial channels. But if you think they're being attacked, we better get over there fast."
"Good idea." Devon said and gunned the speeder.
Uriel pulled out his Data pad. "We might be able to use this to get into the Imperial network and see what the hell is going on."
"So you're a hacker now too?" Devon asked driving the speeder around a couple of Banthas. "I know they didn't teach you that in the pilot's academy."
"No." Uriel said tapping commands into his datapad. "No they didn't, but in this business it doesn't hurt to have a little knowledge of technology, especially how to get around it."
"That makes sense." Devon said.
"Here we go." Uriel said sitting up. "An imp raid was scheduled to take place a few minutes ago, nothing big, just a couple squads worth." Uriel frowned. "It still say inconclusive, it still must be going on. Let's hope its not where were goin."
Devon tapped the barrel of the concussion rifle. "If they are, we'll have a little something to say to the Empire's finest."

"We can get there very quickly from here." Devon said. "Guess the safe house is not safe anymore, I hope we are rescued soon..."
Devon kept driving like an idiot and almost hit a jawa and a gamorrean walking across the street.
They did arrive very fast, and came in time to see the rebel snipers shoot at the retreating stormtroopers. Devon jumped out of the speeder and approached the rebel field officer. "Hey, I'm Devon Goldam, I'm from the rebels who were here first, like Jori over there." Devon had seen his old friend Jori crouching behind a large pile of trash and furnitures and he pointed at Jori.
"Okay", the field officer replied "And who is that?" He pointed at Uriel.
"It's Uriel, he's a mercenary who helped me." Devon explained. "He's a former rebel too."
"Okay, but can we trust him?" The officer asked and sounded very suspicious. "He might be working for the Empire."
"We can't trust him, but he's here so why not let him see some action?" Devon tried to convince the field officer. "He hates the Empire, so he probably doesn't do jobs for them, maybe the hutts, but not the Empire."
"Okay, okay, but we'll have to talk later, the imps are probably regrouping and we can't stay here when thay attack!" The field officer took a pair of electrobinoculars from a rebel trooper and checked the area for signs of imperials. "Here they come!" He suddenly shouted.
Devon and Uriel picked up their weapons and went to help the rebels. "We're helping out." Uriel told the rebels.
"Protect this area to take care of the flanks, and remember: DON'T WASTE AMMUNITION!" The field officer shouted...

196 (edited by Vassili Fett Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:10 am)

Uriel grabbed his satchel full of weapons and ran inside the safe house. Devon grabbed the other bag and followed him.
Uriel unpacked his weapons and stared at the pile in front of him, deciding what to use first. Devon snatched up the concussion rifle and grinned.
"You can have it." Uriel said shouldering his E-11 and grabbing the screecher launcher. "Make sure noone else touches this stuff." he said. He also grabbed his autocannon. "Very very exspensive."
Devon nodded. "What are you gonna do?"
Uriel held up the satchel bag of Thermal Plastoid. "I'm gonna leave them a little suprise."
Uriel ran outside. The area was deserted. Most of the civilians fled at the sight of the battle. In the distance Uriel spotted several AT-ST's approaching.
"Damn." Uriel said running to the corner of a building. He knelt down and set down the autocannon. He then pulled out a package of the Thermal Plastoid.
"Just because I work for their boss now doesn't mean I have to be on their side right?" he said to himself arming the explosives. "Besides I got to get the rebels to trust me."
"What is he doing?" The Rebel Field officer shouted. "He's in the open!"
"He knows what he's doing." Devon replied. "He used to be an X-wing pilot."
"Yeah used to be." The officer said. "He's a deserter and should've been shot. He's not to be trusted."
Uriel finished planting the explosives just as one of the advancing stormtroopers spotted him.
Uriel rolled over, grabbing the autocannon as he did so and rolled away from the troopers blaster fire. He came to a kneel and pulled the trigger. The massive weapon bucked in his hands, the super heated plasma melting the top half of the trooper to bloody slag.
"Uriel!" Devon shouted. "Get back here! You're being flanked!"
Uriel glanced up as more stormtroopers rushed from inbetween the buildings and fired at him.
Uriel grabbed the explosives and ran back towards the safehouse, laser bolts ricocheting off his armor. Suddenly the ground in front of him exploded as one of the AT-ST's fired it's heavy laser cannon.
Uriel was blasted backwards. Shrapnel ripping through his left leg. He landed on the ground. He was dizzy and he felt pain like he'd never felt before. He looked down to see the half foot long piece of dura steel protruding from his bloody leg. A stormtrooper put his boot on his chest. "Don't move rebel!" he said.

197 (edited by The Cloner Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:50 am)

Devon saw the imps capture Uriel. "Blast the imps!" He shouted to the snipers. "I'm out, reloading." He crouched and reloaded and when he got back up he couldn't see Uriel anymore.
"Oh yeah, he knows what he's doing?" The field officer asked, irritated. "That was a bold but stupid move!" He said and aimed for the place where the stormtroopers who captured Uriel were.
"Well, he is a bold one, but can you tell me what happened?" Devon asked.
"Nothing special... They carried your mercenary friend away! The snipers couldn't stop them!" The field officer shot a few blaster bolts with his A280 rifle.
"I still can't beleive he got captured already!" Devon was surprised, but Uriel would probably run into a wall if he thought that would help his side in a battle, though.
"Don't do so, then!"
"You know what? I'm going after him! Can I have some troops?"
"Absolutely not! You would only be surrounded and captured or killed." The field officer said. "Or captured AND killed."
"You're probably right..." Devon said. "I think I have an idea on how we could deal with the AT-ST's though..."
"Okay, but tell me about it first." The field officer sounded worried.
"If we could get to the speeder, there are alot of grenades in it."
"That won't be hard, I could do it myself, but you, come with me and help me carry the grenades." The field officer turned to a pack of rebels going inside to get some ammo for their friends. "Now is the time, bring the E-WEB to the roof!" He shouted.
"Yes, sir!" One of them replied.
"You had an E-WEB all the time?" Devon was once again surprised. "Why didn't you use it from the beginning?"
"The imps almost always send a small scale assault, or two, without officers first, and when the survivors get back they tell the rest about what weapons we have, how many we are, and so on." The field officer explained.
"Is that so?" Devon said. "They didn't bother with that when they raided our moisture farm!"
"That's because they didn't even expect you to know they were coming. Now hold on a second." The field officer turned to the snipers. "Shoot the officers to stop their advance!" He turned back to Devon. "Well, now they will be surprised to see an E-WEB in our hands," E-WEB fire could be heard from the roof. "and they will be confused. Now let's get to that speeder and back, quick!"

Lord Revan wrote:

"As you wish." Mattias replied.

(Dang it Appo! Couldn't You have been a Trandoshan?! Oh well. I guess you like Wookiees.)

I REALLY like Wookiees! I don't really like Trandoshans, however.....

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Uriel was on the brink of unconsciousness, but he felt himself being dragged backwards. He lifted his head and saw two stormtroopers holding him under the arms and pulling him across the ground. Uriel's hatred rose, he wasn't about to be captured, not after he got this far.
They had taken his weapons. At least they thought they did. One of the stormtroopers had his custom E-11 on his shoulder. The other lugged the screetcher launcher and the autocannon. But tucked inside his coat was his dartcaster. If he could only get to it....
Ignoring the pain in his leg, Uriel suddenly stood up, ripping his arms free. He grabbed the stormtroopers by their helmets and slammed their heads together.
"Gah!" one yelled and stumbled to the ground. The second whirled on Uriel, drawing his captured E-11.
Suddenly the trooper yelled in pain and fell to the ground. Uriel grinned, he had installed a discreet thumbprint scanner on his blaster. Anyone who used it besides him would get 500,000 volts of a suprise.
Uriel pulled his dartcaster and put a dart in the neck of each trooper. The area of the dart impact turned black instantly and began smoking as the toxins in the tip burned their arteries to ash.
Uriel gathered his weapons and began limping back towards the rebel safehouse. He could hear alot of gunfire, and was that an E-WEB?
Uriel poked his head around the corner. Imps were clustered around the other side of the building behind a makeshift barrier and were firing at the rebels. Uriel grinned as he spotted the thermal plastoid still attached to the wall above them.
Uriel pulled out his datapad and accessed the bomb's computer. Turning it from High explosive to anti personnel. He removed the safety and pressed the detonate icon.
A massive explosion sheared the building in half as thousands of tiny durasteel ball bearings erupted from the explosives pack, ripping into the mass of stormtroopers and tearing them to shreds in a bloody cloud.
One of the AT-ST's stalked into view and leveled its cannons at the E-WEB on the roof.
Uriel shouldered the screecher and sighted the walkers head. The targetting icon flashed red and he squeezed the trigger, staggering back as the rocket left the tube and streaked towards it's target.
The AT-ST's head exploded violently, killing several troopers at it's feet. The attack lost it's momentum and the Stormtroopers began pulling back. The rebels in the house yelled in triumph and shot at the retreating imps.
Uriel staggered across the wartorn street towards the front door. His leg was killing him now and his vision was beginning to dim. "I must've lost more blood then I thought." he said to himself. With that he collapsed to the ground outside the safehouse door.

200 (edited by The Cloner Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:35 pm)

Devon and the field officer started handing out grenades while the snipers and the E-WEB covered them. The sniper and E-WEB fire wasn't enough, though. One of the rebels rised and got his head blasted away by a blaster bolt.
"Everyone stay low!" The field officer shouted.
Suddenly a thermal plastoid exploded close to the stormtroopers. "Now!" Devon shouted. "Throw your grenades now!"
Two AT-ST's were quickly destroyed by the grenades, and a third was destroyed by something, they didn't see what, destroyed it, but they yelled in triumph and killed as many retreating stormtroopers as they could.
"That's enough!" The officer shouted. "We don't need to overkill like this. Now go out in groups of 8 and look for leftovers from the battle! I'll transmit a message to our leaders and ask for help. Remember, we never fight a battle if we don't gain anything from it!"
The rebels started to form groups and went out scrounging the battlefield. Devon went with Jori and his group.
When they got outside, they saw Uriel.
"He must've killed the ones who took him away, and made hi way here." Devon said. "Come on let's get him to the medics."