Re: Jango vs. Boba

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Yeah well, who cares about expanded universe, Draco? I keep hearing you talk about when Jango used 2 wrist rockets to kill 2 guards that were running away when he could've used 1 rocket or 2 bolts, but really, sometimes people feel like showing off, who cares? What the people did in the movies should be the only things that erally matter, with an exception of a few tie in things, like Star Wars Bounty Hunter, which ties in a lot with Episode 2.

I care about the Expanded Universe, and I am sure many others here do. In Jango's trade, showing off is not smart.

Thank you Maltese.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

27 (edited by Fetterthanyou Tuesday, January 2, 2007 6:20 pm)

Re: Jango vs. Boba

I too care about the expanded universe as Jango and Boba are not very prominant characters in the movies. The expanded universe gives us a true sense of their accomplishments. Also, why does SW bounty hunter count over anything else Draco wants to talk about? I find games much less informative than books (even though games are more fun) because the games have to conform to a fun and interactive aspect while the books can do whatever they want.

So as I said, lets start actually talking about the subject instead of arguing about who is right. Because nobody is right.

PS. Hope that guy 4-Lom gets banned

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango vs. Boba

im not

OF THE POSSIBLE:4-LOM     FROM THE BOOK: TALES OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS

Re: Jango vs. Boba

4-LOM wrote:

im not

I noticed you made an imaginary friend. He is the new member. 4-LOM friend.

Don't drink at gay parties.

Re: Jango vs. Boba

no sry we go to high school together

OF THE POSSIBLE:4-LOM     FROM THE BOOK: TALES OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Fetterthanyou wrote:

I too care about the expanded universe as Jango and Boba are not very prominant characters in the movies. The expanded universe gives us a true sense of their accomplishments. Also, why does SW bounty hunter count over anything else Draco wants to talk about? I find games much less informative than books (even though games are more fun) because the games have to conform to a fun and interactive aspect while the books can do whatever they want.

So as I said, lets start actually talking about the subject instead of arguing about who is right. Because nobody is right.

PS. Hope that guy 4-Lom gets banned

No what I meant was that Bounty Hunter could almost be canon because it ties in to Episode 2. But whatever......

Bullet-tooth wrote:

Boba would win since Jango died from a jedi, and Boba almost had Luke.

Don't compare that whiny farmboy to Samuel L. Jackson son.......

Anyways about the subject, I hate it when Jango gets pitted against Boba because it makes Jango look bad we have already established Boba is better, smarter, cooler, whatever than Jango. In fact writing this has inspired me to go play Battlefront 2 and make Jango get the respect he deserves! Of course that's gonna be tough because now that I'm getting really good with Boba, he's addicting. lol.....

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Jango definitly deserves more respect, its time for all of us especialy Draco to accept that Jango is a Fett he's Bobas dad, and he kicks *** and there is no way to change that, unless your lucas...Do you think George might read our conversations?

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Yes, I agree, Jango does deserve more respect then he gets. People rip on him for something he did once. Come on, give the guy a break.

Oh, and I highly doubt Lucas reads fan's opinions. Star Wars would be MUCH different if he did.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: Jango vs. Boba

maybe Lucas comes to star wars fan sites for ideas, for games and the new series. Somtimes fans ideas can be quite helpful, I couldnt think of an example but they are. I would really like it if some lucasarts developer came on and read my ideas for a bounty hunter sequal...along with some star wars game with zombie. like come on who wouldnt want a star wars game with zombies, first of all its STAR WARS and second YOU GET TO BEAT UP, SHOOT UP, AND SLICE APART ZOMBIES, ZOMBIE WOOKIEEES, ZOMBIE RODIANS, ZOMBIE JAWAS, ZOMBIE EWOKS. muahahahahaha I want it so bad the only thing that comes close to zombies in star wars is those bando gora things, and the rakghouls in knights of the old republic sad but those are good games too.

Waaaaaay off topic but I dont care:)

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Yeah well, who cares about expanded universe, Draco? I keep hearing you talk about when Jango used 2 wrist rockets to kill 2 guards that were running away when he could've used 1 rocket or 2 bolts, but really, sometimes people feel like showing off, who cares? What the people did in the movies should be the only things that erally matter, with an exception of a few tie in things, like Star Wars Bounty Hunter, which ties in a lot with Episode 2.

If you dont care about the expanded universe you dont care about Jango's greatest moment. Whithout the EU many of out favorite charecters either wouldnt exist or would be boring like Thrawn or Kennix Kill. But without the EU Boba is still known as a greater bounty hunter than jango will ever be.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Jesse Fett wrote:

Jango definitly deserves more respect, its time for all of us especialy Draco to accept that Jango is a Fett he's Bobas dad, and he kicks *** and there is no way to change that, unless your lucas...Do you think George might read our conversations?

I do not care if he is a Fett or not; it is just a name. I simply hate him.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

37 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Wednesday, January 3, 2007 5:07 pm)

Re: Jango vs. Boba

IG-88 wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Yeah well, who cares about expanded universe, Draco? I keep hearing you talk about when Jango used 2 wrist rockets to kill 2 guards that were running away when he could've used 1 rocket or 2 bolts, but really, sometimes people feel like showing off, who cares? What the people did in the movies should be the only things that erally matter, with an exception of a few tie in things, like Star Wars Bounty Hunter, which ties in a lot with Episode 2.

If you dont care about the expanded universe you dont care about Jango's greatest moment. Whithout the EU many of out favorite charecters either wouldnt exist or would be boring like Thrawn or Kennix Kill. But without the EU Boba is still known as a greater bounty hunter than jango will ever be.

Screw Thrawn......and what was Jango's greatest moment, IG-88?

Thylacine wrote:

Yes, I agree, Jango does deserve more respect then he gets. People rip on him for something he did once. Come on, give the guy a break.

Oh, and I highly doubt Lucas reads fan's opinions. Star Wars would be MUCH different if he did.

I congratulate you on seeing the reality of the situation. Most sentient people are too ignorant, naive, foolish, or simply stupid to see it.

draco fett wrote:
Jesse Fett wrote:

Jango definitly deserves more respect, its time for all of us especialy Draco to accept that Jango is a Fett he's Bobas dad, and he kicks *** and there is no way to change that, unless your lucas...Do you think George might read our conversations?

I do not care if he is a Fett or not; it is just a name. I simply hate him.

In Star Wars it is more than just a name it is also a reputation, a well-deserved reputation.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

His greatest moment was his decapitation. Without my bias, I would say when he invaded Oolo IV.

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Thylacine wrote:

Yes, I agree, Jango does deserve more respect then he gets. People rip on him for something he did once. Come on, give the guy a break.

Oh, and I highly doubt Lucas reads fan's opinions. Star Wars would be MUCH different if he did.

I congratulate you on seeing the reality of the situation. Most sentient people are too ignorant, naive, foolish, or simply stupid to see it.

How do you not know that it is not vice versa?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Alright, seriously Gustavo not everyone likes the same people you do. This is the BOBA FETT fan club, not the Jango Fett fan club, Draco is not forced to like him. I'm not taking his side, its just the way it works... You can't force your opinions on others. Although Draco may take shots at Jango, he never tells you to stop liking him, he just states his opinion. Thats what this forum is for, not throwing your ideas in other's faces and getting mad when they dont accept you argument.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango vs. Boba

boba is a more skilled bounty hunter and is more famous and over all i say better. jango is at a disadvantage because he taught boba all that he knew and boba knows whats on jangos suit and jangos version of the Slave 1 jango. doesnt know whats on bobas suit or ship also boba knows how jango thinks

41 (edited by IG-88 Monday, January 8, 2007 7:42 am)

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
IG-88 wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Yeah well, who cares about expanded universe, Draco? I keep hearing you talk about when Jango used 2 wrist rockets to kill 2 guards that were running away when he could've used 1 rocket or 2 bolts, but really, sometimes people feel like showing off, who cares? What the people did in the movies should be the only things that erally matter, with an exception of a few tie in things, like Star Wars Bounty Hunter, which ties in a lot with Episode 2.

If you dont care about the expanded universe you dont care about Jango's greatest moment. Whithout the EU many of out favorite charecters either wouldnt exist or would be boring like Thrawn or Kennix Kill. But without the EU Boba is still known as a greater bounty hunter than jango will ever be.

Screw Thrawn......and what was Jango's greatest moment, IG-88?

Screw Jango.... His greatest moment was Jango Fett open seasons obviosly.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango vs. Boba

I wonder what George Lucas would say to all of this...

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

Re: Jango vs. Boba

*This is a bit beyond arguement...*

Might want to cool down.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

44 (edited by fairyblood Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:15 am)

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Probably Boba, mainly because he managed to live long enough to gain more experiance than Jango. And in the unlikely scenerio that they did some how encounter each other, I some how think that Boba would be more willing to kill Jango than Jango would him cuz business is business. Maybe, maybe not.


Jesse Fett wrote:

maybe Lucas comes to star wars fan sites for ideas, for games and the new series.

Back on my old account here I posted a thread that was something to the affect of, "Oh no! The Younglings are going to die!" I mentioned it to some of my friends too. Some people were like, 'nah, they'll be hid somewhere,' or 'they wouldn't show that.'
And sure enough...

Not saying he got the idea from me, he probably didn't. I just thought it was a funny cowinky-dink.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Boba would win as he learned Jangos stratigies when Jango was alive and Boba has an upgraded arsenal of weapons (this includes slave 1).

As You Wish

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Boba would totally win, he knows all of Jango's moves and some of his own. Plus, he has better blasters, his Slave 1 is more sooped up, and he has mor weapons in his armor, like his rocket-Knee pad darts, retractable spike boots, and more.

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Boba all the way, he would win in a heart beat, he is so much better than jango.

Re: Jango vs. Boba

I wonder if Jango would consider fighting his son. Boba put up with his fathers death, if he came back and stood in his way, i sure Boba could finish the Job.

As You Wish

Re: Jango vs. Boba

In terms of firepower they're equally matched. In terms of cunning they're equally matched. The only diffrence between the two is that Boba Fett has no emotion. Jango, as was displayed in Episode 2, has emotion and does show it which reduces his fear factor, but only slightly. Boba Fett being as cold and ruthless as he is strikes fear in everyone, not just those he's hunting. He's apperance alone causes people to panic. Boba Fett has done more recorded jobs, Jangos past is still being created.

In my honest opinion I think it's unfair to compare the two. I'm a die hard Boba Fett fan. I think he's greater than Jango. I do not subscribe to the new origin of Boba Fett as created by George Lucas. I still go by the origin created by the fans as they are the ones that made Boba Fett a cult icon. I still appreciate Jango Fett as he is a compitent bounty hunter. I just don't think he's as great as Boba Fett.

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Their fire-power is not equel; Boba upgraded the Slave I. Jango was not cunning enough to shoot Kenobi and Skywalker rather than Zam. Jango had more documented jobs.

take it easy baby take it as it comes