26

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

The fact still remains, the United States Armed Forces are defenders of the Constitution, not the government.

27

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

BFFC Admin wrote:
Karson Fett wrote:

The United States Military serves the United States Constitution...

That's sortof the first part of it, I just looked up. Your verb there is kinda irregular.

For the sake of reference, the literal oath is the following: "I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Anyway...


I knew what this oath said, my father was in the Army.

The way this oath is worded though, if the president does something that endangers the Constitution, then the president's authority is nullified.

Also the last part of the oath "according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice..." means that the men and women in the military are not covered by the Constitution, but rather the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

28

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

BFFC Admin wrote:

Karson, thanks for bringing up all of these points here. But there's a handful of concerns I see with your argument here.

Karson Fett wrote:

The United States of America is not at war with any of these countries.

It was an undeclared war, just like Vietnam and countless other events. (The last declared war was World War II.)

^These are classified as conflicts.^

On September 22, 2001, Bush began an undeclared war on Afghanistan. (Source: CNN). The declaration of war on Iraq was March 20, 2003. (Source: CNN)

The military of the United States of America has not invaded the countries.

This is debatable. The U.S. went into Iraq under the pretense of "weapons of mass destruction," but never found such weapons.

These people that have died have been American citizens.

Plus countless more civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. (Source: Wikipedia

The United States is the only country that is putting their troops in harms way.

What I meant was, the US Armed Forces are the only group that does any police work.

The Marines and Army men are unable to preform the task that they have been given because of politics.

Last I checked, the U.S. military serves the commander in chief. If the tasks change, due to (hopefully) informed political decisions, they follow orders.

I hope some of this was helpful for forming your opinions. smile

The United States Military serves the United States Constitution...

29

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

Thanks Danial.

30

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

Officially, we are not fighting anyone. You know exactly what I mean. We are "defending" these areas.

31

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

Okay, let me explain what I meant so you can figure it out. I'll try to use small words and sentences.

We. As in the United States of America's Armed Forces, are in the middle east.

The Middle East is the part of the world that countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran are.

The United States of America is not at war with any of these countries.

The military of the United States of America has not invaded the countries.

The military of the United States is acting as a police force and training force for these countries.

Yes, there are gun fights in the countries.

Yes, there are people that have died in these countries.

These people that have died have been American citizens.

These people that have died have mostly been all American Marines and Army men.

The Marines and Army men are unable to preform the task that they have been given because of politics.

Do you understand know?

32

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

We aren't fighting anybody. We are only a police force.

33

(634 replies, posted in Fans)

Watch this.

34

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

Your right the reason we are there is for oil.

35

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

So what now? Do we pull out of the middle east?

36

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

Why would the government lie about killing Bin Laden?

37

(27 replies, posted in Fans)

Any thoughts?

I noticed that individual posts are being moderated. Is this another defense against SPAM bots or Spammers?

GI Joe

40

(2,634 replies, posted in Role Playing)

Joe died.

41

(7 replies, posted in Role Playing)

It must be that we all have lives now. Even me.

Did anybody's Grandfathers fight in the American Civil War? One of mine did.

43

(634 replies, posted in Fans)

I'm sure it is. Following a religion, especially Christianity, is hard.

Any thoughts?

45

(5 replies, posted in Fans)

Sharra Fett wrote:
Karson Fett wrote:

I look at Japan now with a lot of respect. Most countries in the world have not even had one Nuclear Crisis, Japan is now on number 2.

It is interesting I would read your post on my payday. Is there any specific website/organization you would recommend I send money too?

Red Cross

46

(1,123 replies, posted in General)

Welcome.

47

(2,634 replies, posted in Role Playing)

and MW2

48

(2,634 replies, posted in Role Playing)

THEN CHEESE PUFFs MARCHED ON ROME!

49

(2,634 replies, posted in Role Playing)

so then he

50

(1,176 replies, posted in Fans)

I for one, can understand.